Corona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VictorOfHungerGames

May the odds be ever in your favor
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it weird that I am actually enjoying watching the world panic due to this corona beer virus? lol A patient just called while having an anxiety attack saying that all drugs from China is going to be banned and there is going to be a huge drug shortage so he MUST get ALLLL of his meds filled on cash.... lol wtf? seriously... who else is watching too much TV? haha

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
Is it weird that I am actually enjoying watching the world panic due to this corona beer virus? lol A patient just called while having an anxiety attack saying that all drugs from China is going to be banned and there is going to be a huge drug shortage so he MUST get ALLLL of his meds filled on cash.... lol wtf? seriously... who else is watching too much TV? haha
Actually..it is weird...BUT...that's the pharmacy biz........Any Hospital types getting deep into the Corona Virus discussion..planning...etc. Do you guyz get in the loop?

I had at least ten people come to the pharmacy asking for masks. They looked at me like I had a third eye when I told them it's actually against CDC recommendations to wear a mask unless they actually had the virus.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Actually..it is weird...BUT...that's the pharmacy biz........Any Hospital types getting deep into the Corona Virus discussion..planning...etc. Do you guyz get in the loop?
Imma maybe start selling corona beer for cheap at my pharmacy lol

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sure our director has been to response briefing, but there isn't much for pharmacy to do. It's going to pretty much be a flu patient with ARDS minus the tamiflu. Fluids, treat superimposed bacterial pneumonia, etc.

Imma maybe start selling corona beer for cheap at my pharmacy lol

Tell 'em it's the only known cure and the government has been hiding the info from the public and there are gonna be shortages.....

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
No- sadly it's not weird. Seeing people act like sheep-their true nature- is EXTREMELY satisfying as it validates all my views on humanity.... In other words, I'm enjoying it immensely,,,,,

Reactions: 2 users
I'm going to start making homemade hand sanitizer and selling that **** by the gallon on the side of the road.

• Haha
Just 10 people asking for mask? Consider yourself lucky. My store has been getting someone coming in asking for mask roughly every 10-15 minutes. A few even came in at yelled at us for not having any for sale saying we are hoarding it which is illegal. We can't even order it, let alone hoard it..

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Half of all this shenanigan seems to be about big companies making money by continuously feeding people fear through medias.
The other half is about people legitimately preparing and panicking for things inevitably going to happen here. The virus is already all over the asia and europe. It`s already here, everywhere.

OMG....I'm gonna get a fatal case of the sniffles.....

I went to Costco yesterday to buy a baked chicken. I didn’t even really want chicken for dinner - I just did it to see for myself what is happening.

In my part I’d the world people are seriously stressed and panicked. The store was gridlocked with people pushing carts piled to the brim and rushing around. The store was out of a ton of stuff (paper towels of all kinds, cleaning supplies, beef, etc). The energy among people was shocking and I started to worry that this may be a preview of things to come and it may get worse. I do not need to buy a single thing as I have a 3 month supply of food and water, and emergency supplies, which we have had on had for many years.

I left the freaking chicken on top of the giant boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and left the store.

For me this is business as usual. I am hoping to score a 2-3 week staycation out of this.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Tell 'em it's the only known cure and the government has been hiding the info from the public and there are gonna be shortages.....
If you buy it in bottles ..come the revolution...you can use the bottle to fight invaders...

A patient just came in to ask about sterile gloves. I explained to him that it wouldn't matter since it would be contaminated once you open the package in non-sterile environment. He couldn't grasp what that meant and kept repeating, "but it's sterile so it's okay right?". He was so upset and worried that we are not prepared for this deadly virus lol

• Haha
Well then, today consisted of someone coming in asking to buy 1 or more of the following every few minutes: hand sanitizer, mask, alcohol pads, rubbing alcohol, gloves, tylenol and cold medication (uh...okay), toilet paper, bounty and hand soap.

A patient just came in to ask about sterile gloves. I explained to him that it wouldn't matter since it would be contaminated once you open the package in non-sterile environment. He couldn't grasp what that meant and kept repeating, "but it's sterile so it's okay right?". He was so upset and worried that we are not prepared for this deadly virus lol
Best corona virus story yet. Just wait til he hears about sterile alcohol.

Now combine this with dip****s complaining they can't use their S3 OTC cards because they're online only and there's no freaking bar code to scan

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I think this could have the potential to be bad. It doesn't seem like most people in the US are taking it very seriously (so seems unlikely we would stop the spread at this rate). Viruses tend to evolve to be less virulent over time, so maybe that could work out in our favor.

We did have to hide all of our PPE because the patients and visitors have been stealing it.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I think this could have the potential to be bad. It doesn't seem like most people in the US are taking it very seriously (so seems unlikely we would stop the spread at this rate). Viruses tend to evolve to be less virulent over time, so maybe that could work out in our favor.

We did have to hide all of our PPE because the patients and visitors have been stealing it.

I agree with this. I am taking the position that “I do not know how serious it is at this point”. Too much misinformation on both sides. The truth will develope over the next 8 months..

However, I have been paying close attention the the “behavior of the masses” which is, in my opinion, the most concerning right now. “The masses” are not taking this well and are starting to show signs of panic (buying tons of toilet paper, etc). When the crowd starts to flip out bad things happen. On a smaller scale, think about a large gathering like a indoor concert, that experiences an emergency and the crowed goes bonkers - it takes 5 seconds to loose order. I worry that this is starting to happen to our population on a small scale. It won’t take much at all to tip the scale into full blown panic mode..

As of this point - I am more worried about that than anything.

In any case we have the advantage of being smart.. we should use this to our advantage.

Not sure where you are located but most people living in my area are taking it very seriously. People coming into the ER just so they can ask for masks... If you look on amazon, its nearly impossible to order masks without it being price gauged (amazon removing these items) or having shipment delayed by weeks-months.

Not sure where you are located but most people living in my area are taking it very seriously. People coming into the ER just so they can ask for masks... If you look on amazon, its nearly impossible to order masks without it being price gauged (amazon removing these items) or having shipment delayed by weeks-months.

Same here - people are loosing their cool in my area.

I live in rural Midwest. I don’t think people are really losing it here (though they are stealing our PPE). Also items like bleach and hand sanitizer are low in stores, so someone must be stocking up. I guess I just find it concerning that Drs here don’t seem to be taking it as a serious issue. I mean, I don’t think it’s that far fetched at this point that some of the patients could actually have it, but no testing is currently being done.

Not sure what I would do if I was in retail right now. ER providers and retail pharmacists would be the first to get this as it continues to spread. 2-4% mortality rate but mostly older population. Very high spread rate. It is not myself I would worry about, it is your parents and grandparents. U.S. hit a snooze button on this thing, hoping it goes away. It is beyond ridiculous that <500 tests have been done in U.S. versus 9,000 in UK as of Friday (don't have updated numbers).

There is some irony in a thread where people are freaking out about other people freaking out

There is some irony in a thread where people are freaking out about other people freaking out

Fear is contagious- this is a very natural human condition. In fact I would call it an instinct instilled in us to keep us alive.

Being in tune with the behavior of others (especially the behavior of those of our own species) is a very important instinct for survival.

Do I think this will be the end of our world? No - but I’m going to keep my eye on the ball regardless for the safety and well being of my self and family.

Are you above this?

Fear is contagious- this is a very natural human condition. In fact I would call it an instinct instilled in us to keep us alive.

Being in tune with the behavior of others (especially the behavior of those of our own species) is a very important instinct for survival.

Do I think this will be the end of our world? No - but I’m going to keep my eye on the ball regardless for the safety and well being of my self and family.

Are you above this?
I was talking about the ones being edgy and thinking its funny to see people freak out.

I was talking about the ones being edgy and thinking its funny to see people freak out.

Fair enough - I suppose that would be human nature also. Morbid curiosity?

Jerry Springer became one of the most popular television shows for a reason. It was abnormal psychology (abnormal human behavior) on display for the world. That show shot to the top.

The corona virus response may also be abnormal behavior - which makes it quite entertaining.

Plus it makes us feel better about our own personal freaking out which we may be able to hide better than others.

I’m just trying to say - this is people being people.

Fair enough - I suppose that would be human nature also. Morbid curiosity?

Jerry Springer became one of the most popular television shows for a reason. It was abnormal psychology (abnormal human behavior) on display for the world. That show shot to the top.

The corona virus response may also be abnormal behavior - which makes it quite entertaining.

Plus it makes us feel better about our own personal freaking out which we may be able to hide better than others.

I’m just trying to say - this is people being people.
I just hate it when adults act like edgy teens is all. Especially adults who still find a great amount of humor in watching other people get hurt. Not saying thats whats happening here but the way this thread started and went on for a few posts gives off some implications.

People for some reason like to be afraid. Just finished replying to a thread talking about horror movies. If we don't have the real thing we invent our own. But the manufactured stuff rarely beats out reality....

I just hate it when adults act like edgy teens is all. Especially adults who still find a great amount of humor in watching other people get hurt. Not saying thats whats happening here but the way this thread started and went on for a few posts gives off some implications.
Interesting... how did this thread start and how is it an implication of your point?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what I would do if I was in retail right now. ER providers and retail pharmacists would be the first to get this as it continues to spread. 2-4% mortality rate but mostly older population. Very high spread rate. It is not myself I would worry about, it is your parents and grandparents. U.S. hit a snooze button on this thing, hoping it goes away. It is beyond ridiculous that <500 tests have been done in U.S. versus 9,000 in UK as of Friday (don't have updated numbers).

I am just curious if those of you who work "out in the floors" in the hospital are concerned more than you are allowed to show. I know there is a thing about "being tough" and everything being a healthcare professional. Staff in the ER is not even wearing masks at this moment as far as I know.

I am just curious if those of you who work "out in the floors" in the hospital are concerned more than you are allowed to show. I know there is a thing about "being tough" and everything being a healthcare professional. Staff in the ER is not even wearing masks at this moment as far as I know.

Yes. No testing being done here so no one is using any PPE beyond what we normally would. I do wear a surgical mask now a) when I go to ER for any reason and b) for any individual with any respiratory or flu-like complaint, regardless of diagnosis. So far no one has hassled me about it.

Yes. The health system we have here in the U.S is a joke.

I am uninsured since 2017.
Catching corona virus is threat to not only my life but also my financial status.

Being hospitalized as a pneumonia or corona patient can easily cost $50000 a week.
(I say this because 10 years ago I was hospitalized for disruptive EKG reading, and I was billed $17000 for a night)
People have every right to panic.. with all that crappy deductible and health care system.

In South Korea, I hear it`s absolutely free to get checked and treated for Corona virus.
It`s a shame that the president just tells people to go work hard with Corona virus in the U.S.

Yes. The health system we have here in the U.S is a joke.

I am uninsured since 2017.
Catching corona virus is threat to not only my life but also my financial status.

Being hospitalized as a pneumonia or corona patient can easily cost $50000 a week.
(I say this because 10 years ago I was hospitalized for disruptive EKG reading, and I was billed $17000 for a night)
People have every right to panic.. with all that crappy deductible and health care system.

In South Korea, I hear it`s absolutely free to get checked and treated for Corona virus.
It`s a shame that the president just tells people to go work hard with Corona virus in the U.S.
Brah, everything is free in South Korea lol Their health care system was the only reason, also had a gf in S. Korea at the time lol, I wanted to live in Korea. When I did a rotation in Seoul for 6 weeks, there was no insurance issue at all in retail pharmacy. People got a prescription, brought it the pharmacy, we would run it through ONE payer, the government medicare, and they pay like $2 copay and leave. No matter what the medication was, it was covered. 100% Do you realize how much money a pharmacy would save if happened here? literally, zero technician would be needed lol

You wanna quit smoking? government pays for your smoking cessation programs. Wanna get a check up for cancer? paid. Like, not even symptomatic. Just for the hell of it, you think, "I think I may have cancer". You make an appointment, get a check up, paid. Do you have cancer and want treatment? paid.

Downside of Korean health care is that they're only advanced in certain areas. They're still somewhat struggling with trauma centers and certain sectors that are under funded. But still, better than here. sigh.

Last edited:
  • Hmm

Are you above this?

Does it really matter? If you die, you die. We all have to die some time. Might as well be something as metal as the plague.

Enjoy Arby's.

Speaking with what is going on here in the Northwest around the WA/OR region, people have definitely been in a panic and pulling their kids from school. Reports put on the news of a "death count" from COVID-19 within a 2-3 hour radius of my university has put most people on edge. We did have one potentially exposed student get quarantined for lab tests (off campus site about 25 minutes from my programs actual location) and I have had a couple of lectures being delivered as a live recording instead of the traditional classroom, but things have gotten better compared to earlier this week.

Maybe I am just ignorant to the events that are really happening around me due to my focus being on school but things have definitely been a bit better over the last 48 hours. I suppose to say the least I do take the time to wash my hands a bit longer than in times past.

Does it really matter? If you die, you die. We all have to die some time. Might as well be something as metal as the plague.

Enjoy Arby's.

Of coarse it matters - I have 5 children. I have a responsibility to keep my family safe. You bet I will pay attention to what is going on around me. What I saw at Costco the other day was alarming. I had no idea that people were loosing their **** like that. It demonstrated that there is something very wrong with the way that the people (as a mass) are acting. I’m not freaking out myself - in all honestly I am reasonably concerned about the virus itself - but I know the world will keep spinning.

You are right - if I die, I die... however, I do not intend to speed the process and I will protect my children’s quality of life the best I can. I have an obligation to do that and I make no apologies for being highly vigilant at this time. Like I have said before, my biggest concern is the way people are dealing with fear and the unknown right now. Things can go bad in the matter of seconds when it comes to a panicked crowd.

Just curious though - what’s going on at Arby’s? It’s been many years since I have been there.

...Just curious though - what’s going on at Arby’s? It’s been many years since I have been there.
lmao, i was curious myself. I think its just a dad joke but does not make sense.

• Haha
lmao, i was curious myself. I think its just a dad joke but does not make sense.

Now I have a hankering to go to Arby’s today.. I used to get the roast beef and cheddar with Arby’s sauce and curlys...

Alright I’m in - I will report later if there is a panicked crowd there. :rofl:

• Haha
Like the case here in florida. A whole bunch of healthcare workers, including the leading ID doc, got quarantined for 14 days after their patient is confirmed with the coronavirus. Which got me thinking if this is what happens everytime someone is diagnosed, who else is left to take care of patients?

I went to Costco yesterday to buy a baked chicken. I didn’t even really want chicken for dinner - I just did it to see for myself what is happening.

In my part I’d the world people are seriously stressed and panicked. The store was gridlocked with people pushing carts piled to the brim and rushing around. The store was out of a ton of stuff (paper towels of all kinds, cleaning supplies, beef, etc). The energy among people was shocking and I started to worry that this may be a preview of things to come and it may get worse. I do not need to buy a single thing as I have a 3 month supply of food and water, and emergency supplies, which we have had on had for many years.

I left the freaking chicken on top of the giant boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and left the store.

For me this is business as usual. I am hoping to score a 2-3 week staycation out of this.
What state? My friends in Texas and Pennsylvania say its like this.

Whats PPE?

"Personal Protective Equipment"- masks, goggles, gloves....etc.

I drank a Corona this evening to start building antibodies.....

• Haha
What state? My friends in Texas and Pennsylvania say its like this.

Not far from the outbreak in Washington. I will reserve judgement of this entire situation at this time. The next 6 weeks will reveal the truth as to weather or not the panic buying was justified. I am just going to let time tell the truth.