Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When the first anatomy exam and practical is in 13 1/2 hours...

giphy.gif

[anxiety intensifies]

Accidentally posted this in the Oregon State 2022 thread, so you know it's bad.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
When the first anatomy exam and practical is in 13 1/2 hours...

giphy.gif

[anxiety intensifies]

Accidentally posted this in the Oregon State 2022 thread, so you know it's bad.
You're going to be great, Egg! You'll hit that exam so hard it won't know what happened. You got this!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Our first exam is tomorrow! Physiology! Then anatomy and histo is next week.

First exam tomorrow! Histo. A little nervous to see how it goes. I am in talks with our psychologist about possible exam accommodations in the future but because I feel like this semester has started well (good med combo, etc), I'm going to see how things go. For now, I'm focusing on getting a good nights sleep.

Reactions: 1 user
Starting tomorrow we will have 1 or 2 exams per week for the rest of the semester! At least it'll make the time go by fast lol

Survived the first exam y'all!

Lab exam this afternoon and then I'm taking a trip to see my parents because one of our dogs is in bad shape (to make a long story short: complications following her spay) and I'm getting out fairly early today so I want to visit her. Then I get to come back and get right back into studying for the first anatomy exam on Friday. But I'm starting to feel like I can actually do this so that's good.

Reactions: 6 users

Lab exam this afternoon and then I'm taking a trip to see my parents because one of our dogs is in bad shape (to make a long story short: complications following her spay) and I'm getting out fairly early today so I want to visit her. Then I get to come back and get right back into studying for the first anatomy exam on Friday. But I'm starting to feel like I can actually do this so that's good.
Hugs! I hope your dog gets better soon!

Yay for the first part!!
**Hugs** for the middle bit
And a YOU CAN DO IT FINNY!!!!!!! For the last bit

Members don't see this ad :)
I survived too!! I made a few mistakes but overall, I'm happy with how I've learned this material. I have a really wonderful and supportive "big Sib" and class mates to help with some of my neurotic behavior. Now onto continuing to study for anatomy exam on Friday.

Reactions: 1 users
This might be the first time I've check SDN in a while... I see everyone is doing the first exam stuff. We also had a first exam, it was super low key. You just have to pass foundations and it doesn't affect your GPA. It's a good method to try to ease us into vet school so there's not a ton of pressure on us to do well the first block. Pretty sure I passed but it's questionable lol. Everybody kept saying to chill out and stop worrying so I took their advice. Now I'm wondering if I should have worried a little more. On the upside there is basically no negative to failing this one. If you get below a 70% from here on out it's trouble, but the first one they let you fall flat on your face if need be.

Sick the week before midterm. Bring it on.

We were going over an equine case study today. The professor put up a picture of a horse and I jokingly thought "it's a horse- obvs colic".

What was it?

Colic. :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
I am currently death incarnate. I have to be here till 7. Jesus take the wheel.

We were going over an equine case study today. The professor put up a picture of a horse and I jokingly thought "it's a horse- obvs colic".

What was it?

Colic. :laugh:
You're learning things!!!! Horses will colic at everything!
Eat too fast? Colic. Eat when too warm? Colic. Eat too much nice grass? Colic. Be a horse? Colic. Look at them? Colic. Ask them to be a good pony while riding? Colic.

Reactions: 5 users
Eat too fast? Colic. Eat when too warm? Colic. Eat too much nice grass? Colic. Be a horse? Colic. Look at them? Colic. Ask them to be a good pony while riding? Colic.
someone say colic?

tumblr_o1zu77dh1V1qbmm1co1_500.gif

The only anatomy you really need to know about horses is that they're one large intestine that walks around on four porcelain legs.

I got an A on my first anatomy exam! :soexcited::soexcited:

I must celebrate this monumental occasion because this will likely never happen again. :laugh:

I got an A on my first anatomy exam! :soexcited::soexcited:

I must celebrate this monumental occasion because this will likely never happen again. :laugh:
Congratulations!!!! That is super exciting!!

When the studying doesn't happen because you got home and crashed.

Oh well--nap was worth it. I feel pretty good about going into tomorrow's exam.
yeaaaaah I can't study at home. Netflix, bed, couch, naps. They're all too inviting/ entrapping. I have to be somewhere else so I don't automatically fall asleep. :laugh:

I start orientation tomorrow!! I'm excited and nervous, but I want to get this going!

Reactions: 8 users
Ugh, just had test Monday, now we have a test next Friday. I was so much better prepared for the first test. We started about five lectures in the hole (already had them and no time to review and/or study because Exam 1) and that gap has just been getting wider. Right now I'm about 8 lectures behind with more to come tomorrow. Send help :drowning:

Ugh, just had test Monday, now we have a test next Friday. I was so much better prepared for the first test. We started about five lectures in the hole (already had them and no time to review and/or study because Exam 1) and that gap has just been getting wider. Right now I'm about 8 lectures behind with more to come tomorrow. Send help :drowning:
All I can do is wish you good luck!!!

Could you find a different way to review them? I find YouTube videos very helpful in some classes- much more helpful to me than just re-reading PowerPoint!
I start orientation tomorrow!! I'm excited and nervous, but I want to get this going!
yay!! You're gonna kill it cowgirl!

Could you find a different way to review them? I find YouTube videos very helpful in some classes- much more helpful to me than just re-reading PowerPoint!

yay!! You're gonna kill it cowgirl!

I rewatch the lectures and take better notes. It might be easier to just not go to class and watch it once but I really need to go to class or else I won't do anything.

I rewatch the lectures and take better notes. It might be easier to just not go to class and watch it once but I really need to go to class or else I won't do anything.
so what do you mean by won't do anything?

Ps- I have a friend who has dedicatedly been both in class and watched the recorded lecture, but doesn't have much time beyond that to actually study so isn't doing well. Apparently you just have to find what works well for you.

Ps- I have a friend who has dedicatedly been both in class and watched the recorded lecture, but doesn't have much time beyond that to actually study so isn't doing well. Apparently you just have to find what works well for you.
I mean I will get distracted and not watch lecture at all, so I go. Right now the ideal plan is go to class watch lectures after class and clarify notes, then a couple of days before exam consolidate into learning objectives and key points. By then I have the concepts down and just need to memorize some small details.

This right here. Everyone learns differently, and honestly it might take some time to find what is most efficient for you. Try not to compare yourself to others, and try not to judge others for their techniques. One of my best friends? Went to class a total of 3 times. Otherwise she would watch lecture at 2X speed, make study guides, and have lots of time to be a human. Others need to go to class and write lots of notes. I fooled around with writing notes, then I realized that if I wrote the outlines during lecture, then I would have lots more time outside of class. YMMV!

Reactions: 4 users
Found this absolutely adorable cartoon today. Poor under appreciated adipocyte!

IMG_4192.JPG

Also I've been laughing at "jazz dendrites" for 2 minutes now. :laugh:

Reactions: 10 users