Class of 2013!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had a massive 100-hour all-nighter, once. That was definitely not a party and I was definitely not a premed at the time. :cry:

In other news, I just got my shiny new embryo book!

Members don't see this ad.

I had a massive 100-hour all-nighter, once. That was definitely not a party and I was definitely not a premed at the time. :cry:

In other news, I just got my shiny new embryo book!
just got my shiny new Netters

uh 3rd page again? happy studying :p

Members don't see this ad :)
just got my shiny new Netters

I really liked my Netters. I think it's probably the one med school book I'll hold on to for years and years. My dad still has his Netter's Neuro atlas from the 70s. It's kinda funny seeing some of the same pictures in the current Netter's I spent like $60 on.

I added a life goal to my very short list.

1) get season tickets for UK men's basketball
2) buy an original Frank Netter painting.

ooh! I wonder how much one of those will run you!

Microbiology is really cool, btw :)

And so is this book:

untitled.jpg

Love UKs basketball program.....hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Calipari.

Members don't see this ad :)
i feel like a real med student now! i had my 1st anatomy exam

I am! 3 tests next week. Followed by one next monday. Our time management skills are being put to the test right now. Whatever. I'm so used to this many tests it doesn't even stress me out anymore.

When's your spring break Yoda?

I am! 3 tests next week. Followed by one next monday. Our time management skills are being put to the test right now. Whatever. I'm so used to this many tests it doesn't even stress me out anymore.

When's your spring break Yoda?

We're off for a week starting March 6th.:) What about you?

Done on March 5th for me, and I guess that's when I get to start my life up again. There are honestly no words to express how much I look forward to that day.
+1 for me ! Although I did like anatomy a lot more after we left MSS. Call me crazy but I loved Neuro...

Hope all is well lovies :)

Weird. We started with anatomy, but it seems like it's more common to do it around now.

I'm in theory listening to a lecture right now (recording). I should go back to trying to pay attention. :oops:

We started with anatomy as well. Most people I know are doing phys around now.

It's funny all the little variations. We've been doing physiology from the beginning but it hasn't ended yet. And I guess it's more intense now that anatomy's gone, though.

I'd actually love to see a bunch of other schools' curriculums.

It's funny all the little variations. We've been doing physiology from the beginning but it hasn't ended yet. And I guess it's more intense now that anatomy's gone, though.

I'd actually love to see a bunch of other schools' curriculums.
i like this variety in curriculums. we spent the first 3.5 or so months going biochem, cell bio and all that other fun fun stuff
after thanksgiving we flew into anatomy of upper and lower limbs and a little of the physiology of synapses and neuromuscular junctions.
starting from january we did anatomy of the head and neck and now that thats over, we are doing neurophys -- spinal tracts, brainstem, cerebellum, etc :)

also.. :hello: everyone!!
i hope youre well.. i just took my 3rd exam on the new year yesterday...

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

great to see everyone...lol

Ooh fun curricula!

So we started with biochem, genetics, cell and molecular bio.

In Octoberish, we started anatomy/physiology/embryology/histology. Started with the back, spine and mediastinum, then did abdomen and pelvis, now we're doing head and neck and we finish with the limbs. We're system-based so we learned the physio along with the anatomy. Head and neck exam on tuesday, then we're done with this whole class on March 5th! Hurrah!

Oh and after spring break we have an interdisciplinary diabetes week (we already had cancer week, we have interdisciplinary days between blocks) and then we get into Microbiology and Immunology. Which will be like a vacation after this class.

We started with genetics, normal psych (most useless class ever), and anatomy. After the first block we transitioned to anatomy, biochem, and embryology.

This semester we have cell & tissue biology (basically histo+cell bio), physiology, and neuroscience (neuroanatomy+neurophysiology). Intermixed between the two semesters is our medical interviewing (historytaking) course, and our evidence-based medicine (sort of statistics) course. Half the class took one in the fall and the other in the spring, the other did the opposite.