Chicago State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I received a hold email from chicago state , my application is on continious review until May 14th,.....Does anyone know what exactly does it mean, is it good or bad???? Im so frustrated......:(

Hi everyone, I have an interview next week at CSU. Any advise?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a hold email from chicago state , my application is on continious review until May 14th,.....Does anyone know what exactly does it mean, is it good or bad???? Im so frustrated......:(

When we were there they explained the three possible outcomes: acceptance, continual review, and rejection. As far as I understood, continual review means that every time the admissions committee meets (every other Friday), they review the new applicant files along with the files of those under continual review. I don't necessarily think it is a bad thing. From reading this thread it sounds like there are a lot of students that are accepted to CSU and then decided to attend a different school. In fact I believe that I even read posts from a few students that they were accepted after being placed on continuous review. So to answer your question obviously its not a great thing because you weren't accepted right off, however don't become discouraged because it is by no means a bad thing. Good Luck!!

Hi! does anyone from march 19th interview remember the name of each person from the interview committee? CANT REMEMBER THEIR NAMES.....i would Greatly appreciate it if someone can tell me their names! thanks!!

So there were two men and one woman. The woman's name was Dr. Marshall, but the other African American guy's name..i only remember his first name to be Antoine. But i could not find his email anywhere on their website with only first name..and the other man said he was a pharmacist...and DO NOT REMEMBER HIS NAME....so Please, if any of you guys know their names, please let me know. THank you...! :)

Last edited:
hey guys Anyone from previous interview or march 19th interview recognize the name Antoine? He was one of the interviewer....if ANYONE can remember his last name...or has his info please let me know! if you guys remember the names of any of them..pleaseee let me know ! thank you..!

hey, have an interview on 3/25 anyone else gonna be there??
i am so excited!! i cant wait!!! :soexcited:

anyone hear back from March 19th interview date yet?? I haven't :confused:

Is it true that there's no writing portion? I keep on hearing there's 2 interviews, each 30 minutes.

Is it true that there's no writing portion? I keep on hearing there's 2 interviews, each 30 minutes.

NO writing section and only one interview around 30 minutes. You do meet with someone else just to go over your app and verify that you are not missing anything.

NO writing section and only one interview around 30 minutes. You do meet with someone else just to go over your app and verify that you are not missing anything.

anyone hear back from March 19th interview date yet?? I haven't :confused:

when were on campus yesterday they said that the committee will meet next friday... and that we should expect to her back then, so maybe they try to meet every two weeks, but dont always get to?? hope you get good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed thurs, march 25 and heard back thursday, april 1.

my first acceptance letter :laugh:

interviewed march 19th...was placed on HOLD april 1st.. keeping my hopes up.. :xf:

Still have not heard anything but am beginning to think about housing. Starting to look at my different options concerning what is out there. I surely do not want to be living in a place with a bunch of undergraduates. Any of you already in school know where most of the graduate students live and how much it will destroy my budget?

Congrats, it's a nice relief to have that first one!

yes! it's such a huge relief to to know that you'll be going somewhere next year. i can definitely sleep easy tonight.:thumbup:

yes! it's such a huge relief to to know that you'll be going somewhere next year. i can definitely sleep easy tonight.:thumbup:
I heard that Chicago St doesn't reject anyone you either get accepted or put on Hold and pretty much everyone gets put on hold

interviewed march 25th, placed on hold april 1st...:xf::xf::xf:

Still have not heard anything but am beginning to think about housing. Starting to look at my different options concerning what is out there. I surely do not want to be living in a place with a bunch of undergraduates. Any of you already in school know where most of the graduate students live and how much it will destroy my budget?

idk where other people are living, but hyde park is probably the best neighborhood to be in if your not used to being on the south side of chicago... its not too far from campus, and its close to university of chicago too... ive been checking out a few places there... most run around 800-1000 for studios and one bedrooms... but you might get lucky because of university of chicago being there... im sure theres a bunch of student rate places right there... plus youd be close to the lake and the museum of science and industry which is awesome!!

I interviewed March 25 and received my acceptance email April 1st!!!:soexcited:

I interviewed March 25th and got accepted April 1st.

I'm going to decline my offer. It was my 2nd choice school so it was a hard decision to make

was placed on hold April 1st from March 19th interview..still have not heard anything..T.T

hey guys! congrats to those who are accepted and goodluck to those who are still waiting or interviewing!!

for those who are accepted...don't forget to join the CSU COP C/O 2014 on Facebook! :)

I got a waitlist letter in my e-mail last night.

I interviewed March 19...got a hold, and now a waitlist email...and no rank...just wait till august...this is hopeless...chances almost 0

I interviewed March 19...got a hold, and now a waitlist email...and no rank...just wait till august...this is hopeless...chances almost 0

Did you have the morning or afternoon interview? That was the same date that I interviewed. I think I am going to go ahead and tell them to remove me from the waitlist.

Did you have the morning or afternoon interview? That was the same date that I interviewed. I think I am going to go ahead and tell them to remove me from the waitlist.

o really...I interviewed in the morning...why do you want to do that?...it is just gonna help others who are waitlisted...:luck:

o really...I interviewed in the morning...why do you want to do that?...it is just gonna help others who are waitlisted...:luck:
The waitlist is anywhere between 150-200 people. The top 10-15 have a chance depending on how many accepted students reject Chicago St. The waitlist is large because the school wants to be sure the class gets filled no matter how many accepted students decide not to attend Chicago St. Chances are very low if you are on the waitlist unless you happen to be in the top 10-15.

I've been accepted to both CSU and UIC-Rockford and I'm trying to decide on where to go. CSU is much more convenient for me because I don't have to move or change anything, however UIC is one of the top schools in the nation. Some say it matters where you graduate from and some say it doesn't so I'm not sure. Any opinions???:confused:

I sent an e-mail telling them to remove me from the waitlist yesterday and received a confirmation today. I just helped someone else move up the waitlist and that is absolutely fine! :D

I've been accepted to both CSU and UIC-Rockford and I'm trying to decide on where to go. CSU is much more convenient for me because I don't have to move or change anything, however UIC is one of the top schools in the nation. Some say it matters where you graduate from and some say it doesn't so I'm not sure. Any opinions???:confused:

If I were you, I would have chosen UIC over CSU without any doubt, because it is a fully accredited school.

I sent an e-mail telling them to remove me from the waitlist yesterday and received a confirmation today. I just helped someone else move up the waitlist and that is absolutely fine! :D

Seems like you have got admission in some other Pharmacy school. Anyways, you would get a lot of blessings from the person who might get selected in the school because of you. :)

I would really appreciate it if any current pharmacy student in illinois will help me answer this question. How does one document intern hours earned in illinois and how does one get the form to do so and how long do you have to mail your hours to them after the intern hours are over. I tried looking for these forms and information on the the state of pharmacy website and it doesnt have any information about it. Thanks

Seems like you have got admission in some other Pharmacy school. Anyways, you would get a lot of blessings from the person who might get selected in the school because of you. :)

Yea, I decided to go to LECOM, Bradenton here in FL instead. It's 20K per year versus the 30K for CSU because I would have been an out of state student

I hope this message would relieve the students who were waitlisted by the CSU, just like me. I received my acceptance letter today. This is my 1st acceptance letter. I was almost ready to get into some other college to get a Bachelors in Biochemistry. Now all worries gone, time to get immunized. Good luck to others who are waitlisted too!

I hope this message would relieve the students who were waitlisted by the CSU, just like me. I received my acceptance letter today. This is my 1st acceptance letter. I was almost ready to get into some other college to get a Bachelors in Biochemistry. Now all worries gone, time to get immunized. Good luck to others who are waitlisted too!

Congrats!!!

Hi dazzledazzle
I am very concerned about CSU's accreditation status. I read somewhere that CSU has a very low retention rate. Students usually drop out in their 2nd or 3rd year. Is it true?
Also, do they increase tuition fee every year?
Please answer these questions.
Thank you

Hi dazzledazzle
I am very concerned about CSU's accreditation status. I read somewhere that CSU has a very low retention rate. Students usually drop out in their 2nd or 3rd year. Is it true?
Also, do they increase tuition fee every year?
Please answer these questions.
Thank you

When completing FAFSA, you are brought to the confirmation page and it sometimes lists the graduation rate of the schools you selected. If I recall correctly, Chicago State's rate was 15-25%. HOWEVER, this information applies only to its undergraduate body.