Chicago State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey everyone,
I have been accepted into the class of 2015, just a few questions for everyone else out there.
----------------
-Where are people looking for living arrangements, all my research says the area is pretty rough...I don't mind driving (up to 20 minutes or so), but I need a safer area for my wife, also need to be able to find somewhere that will take my dog.

-Whats the word with Douglas Hall? When I interviewed it was a pretty serious exam day and we really didn't see much of the building (labs/classrooms) any impressions on the rooms from someone who saw them?

-Anyone debating between Midwestern and CSU? I would say there are serious pros/cons for each school.
CSU PROS CSU CONS
------------ -------------
-motivated faculty -bad area
-less expensive -not fully accredited (yet)
-smaller class size -no proven track record (above)

Midwestern PROS Midwestern CONS
-------------------- --------------------
-beautiful campus -very expensive in comparison
-high tech classroom/labs -huge class size
-well respected -EXPENSIVE

Look forward to hearing from some of you, and likely seeing you in August!
Hey. I'm familiar with the Chicago area and as far as living you might want to try the hyde park area as they have renovating the area with new with new buildings and if safety is an issue with you they have police patrol around the clock and emergency police buzzers on literally every block. I dont know what your price range is but you also can try further west of the southside as things look better the further away from the expressway you go. Its not as bad as it may seem as there are plenty of places that are not rough at all to live in. Hope this help some bit. Also, I too was curious as i did not get to see how classrooms and things looked but a friend of mine told me they are real nice. Not sure on how much truth to that there is.

Members don't see this ad.

-Anyone debating between Midwestern and CSU? I would say there are serious pros/cons for each school.
CSU PROS CSU CONS
------------ -------------
-motivated faculty -bad area
-less expensive -not fully accredited (yet)
-smaller class size -no proven track record (above)

Midwestern PROS Midwestern CONS
-------------------- --------------------
-beautiful campus -very expensive in comparison
-high tech classroom/labs -huge class size
-well respected -EXPENSIVE

Look forward to hearing from some of you, and likely seeing you in August!

You should read more here about all the schools in chicagoland area: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=801093

Hey Pharmgrlnxdor,
I sent you a private message, I would really appreciate it if you could help me out .

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey All,
I was one of about 9 students to be among the first to be interviewed at Chicago State.
I really liked the faculty and the vision the school has outlined.
It was a good experience...if there are any specific questions I'll answer them as they are asked.

Hi i was question for you..i just got interview with CSU for next week...nd i was wondering what type of questions they ask and what to except in the interview...
Really appreciate your help
Thanks

Hi there! Actually I wrote a response back to you that was mega detailed and when I went to post it, it got deleted. I was so ticked off. Anyway, I promise to write you back within the next day. I just got off what only can be described as a brutal two week run of classes and just now have begun spring break. Give me one more day to rewrite my response back to you okay?

Thanks,
Amy

Hey Amy,
I know the feeling, I had a similar issue the first time I tried to send a message to you...No worries, just when you get a chance, just debating a lot of things before I send in my deposit. Again thank you so much for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

ps - I think I gave you my email as well if that helps rather than sending a message through SDN.

Thank you

Hi guys,

The people who had an interview, can you tell me how was it. I am really freaking out and any comment would work.

Also, was it easy to find the building? I just got an interview e-mail but I am not familiar with Chicago area that well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! plllzzzzzzzzzzzz

i have an interview next monday, the 21st. super nervous.. would anybody be kind enough to share their interview experience and maybe include some questions they asked? i tried skimming through this thread, but there's just soo many pages! thank you in advance :)

Hi guys,

The people who had an interview, can you tell me how was it. I am really freaking out and any comment would work.

Also, was it easy to find the building? I just got an interview e-mail but I am not familiar with Chicago area that well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! plllzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey,
The interview process is really chill at CSU...Just be yourself, and take a moment to think about the questions before you answer them...The building is pretty easy to find just follow the signs to the Douglas Hall lot, park and walk to the back of campus (you cant miss it). REMEMBER you are there because they think you have what it takes...prove them right!
Good Luck

like everyone said above, the interview at CSU is really chill. make sure you can easily answer situational type questions. It seemed like the school was big on teamwork, so be able to answer questions like that. make sure you know why you chose to go there...which im sure everyone will because thats a general question and obviously be able to sell yourself as to why you would make a good asset to their school.

Otherwise, be yourself and dont forget to smile! :)

hey guys... so for those that have gotten accepted and plans on going here...
is anyone looking for a roommate for next year? what are u guys doing living wise. i started a facebook page but no one has added themselves to it yet.

those who are accepted and plan on going here, please add it yourself to the group! even those that are attending the school. that way we can help each other out in terms of roommates places to live and with school stuff. Not to mention it'll help with an easier transition :)

search for chicago state college of pharmacy c/o 2015!

Last edited:
Hey,
For everyone on the wait list don't give up hope!! Tomorrow is the deadline for deposits for some interviews that took place in Feb. I am going to be giving up my seat (got into Midwestern) so there should be at least one lucky guy/gal getting an email. I am super excited for CSU, it seems like they have a nice thing going, for me the major factors were; bad area, no full accreditation yet, and no guarantee for in-state tuition after the first year (which puts yearly cost almost identical to Midwestern anyway). Either way good luck to everyone this year, and keep your head up!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance back in January. Anyone on here attend the January 14th interview? Good luck to all of you headed to CSU or elsewhere. I'm going to make the move from Arkansas to Chicago sometime this summer. Really excited to see what all Chicago has to offer. Any advice on the Chicago transition is welcome!

I got accepted on Friday, interviewed on the 21st of march.

I also got accepted on Friday. Interviewed on March 22.

congrats!! do you plan on going to CSU?

thanks! :) i'm not sure yet, this is my first official acceptance, so i'm still waiting to hear back from other schools.. it's still very exciting though! are you planning on attending CSU in the fall?

thanks! :) i'm not sure yet, this is my first official acceptance, so i'm still waiting to hear back from other schools.. it's still very exciting though! are you planning on attending CSU in the fall?

aww congrats!! right now i plan on going there...i have another acceptance from a school in NY but its heading more towards CSU right now since ill be instate.

all of those that got accepted: you guys should add yourself to the facebook group! we can all get to know each other better before school and once again...congrats on getting accepted!

Hey ya, I got just accepted to this school but I have no clue whats so ever about this school in general. Can anyone give me some more insights on how the school is, classrooms, etc. When i was at the interview, I was only sitting and waiting for my interviews and thats about it. I wasnt able to look at the campus. Can anyone tell me why you guys are choosing this school? thanks I wanted to go to this school but I am not filling it.

hi. just wanted to let everyone know that i gave up my seat so somebody should be receiving a letter of acceptance soon! ;)

anyone with the info about the classroom and class schedule? i didnt get the tour around the school or building. any info would be much appreciated

anyone with the info about the classroom and class schedule? i didnt get the tour around the school or building. any info would be much appreciated

all i know is that exams are usually on tuesday or friday since this school runs on block schedule. your prob gonna be on campus all day like 8-9 am to like 4-5...depending on the days. theres a lib thats open till like 12 am every night otherwise all the classes are supposed to take place in the building u were interviewed in so douglas hall. thats all i know...

all i know is that exams are usually on tuesday or friday since this school runs on block schedule. your prob gonna be on campus all day like 8-9 am to like 4-5...depending on the days. theres a lib thats open till like 12 am every night otherwise all the classes are supposed to take place in the building u were interviewed in so douglas hall. thats all i know...

Thanks for ur input. Im still wondering about the staffs and classrooms. but thanks alot. ill make a decision by tuesday and ill be back to let u guys know. i have three schools to choose from and hopefully i pick the right one.

Does anyone have any info with the background checks at csu? on pharmcas it does not require misdemeanors to be reported however i was reading the student handbook for csu and it says under background check that they might not offer acceptance or revoke your acceptance if there are charges on the background regardless of it being expunged?

I got accepted but I turned them down. There's another open spot for someone! Good luck everyone :xf:

Well the semesters coming to a close everyone. Hope everyones finals are going well. Be sure to finish up strong!

My application is still on continous review as of now. Im super excited to be graduating this May 9th and really hope my final trancripts may influence a more positive decision making. Just need to stay hopeful :-l

I also sent in a letter to decline their offer, so another person from the waitlist should be hearing from them. :)

I am still currently on the Waitlist.... I wonder how many people they have already accepted. The facebook group is up to about 31 members.......Class size is expected to be about 85 Correct?

...Still waiting here... :xf:

Long wait...But finally got accepted. Woohoo!