Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone think getting an interview and/or acceptance by the beginning of october is realistic?

Relax...no need to get accepted that early. There should still be plenty of spots even by december. I got my acceptance super early and it's been a very very boring ~9 months for me waiting for classes to start.

Anyways...Goodluck to everyone applying this year!:thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me my chances. I have a 3.38 overall and a 3.2 science. I am taking the MCAT August 13 and have been scoring around 19/20. Please let me know. I also play collegiate sports and work part-time at the local zoo. I have shadowed numerous hours in office visits, surgeries and wound care. I'm not sure if anything is really THAT looked at other than grades and MCAT??

Get above a 21 on the MCAT and you're in. Less than that is pushing it. A 19 or less and you have little chance.

:idea: Study like crazy for the next two weeks. Doing well on that exam should be the only thing that you should focus on until it is over.

No, they will not be impressed that you work at a zoo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay... This is my first time taking it. Any advice on best thing/ method for last 2 weeks before test?

Go over content or just keep taking practice tests??? I know both, but which one should I focus more on? I'm getting super nervous. :(

Thanks

Take practice tests until you are familiar with the format of the exam and know what to expect. Then study areas of your choosing. Really focus and try to understand what you are learning so that you are able to explain it in your own words to someone else who has little background in that area. Don't memorize.

Okay... This is my first time taking it. Any advice on best thing/ method for last 2 weeks before test?

Go over content or just keep taking practice tests??? I know both, but which one should I focus more on? I'm getting super nervous. :(

Thanks

Take practice tests moreso than review. You will begin to see patterns in the MCAT that way.