Chances at any pod?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ado9696

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Curious to know potential chances for pod school

I'm a non-trad student
Veteran with ~6000 hrs clinical work in the dental field
100+ volunteer hours, some clinical and some not
VP of my school's student veteran organization

cGPA and sGPA is 3.8
MCAT 493
, contemplating on retake but undecided as of now (most of my advice needed is here)
LOR
: 2 science, 1 conscience, 1 professional

I AM NOT APPLYING THIS CYCLE! I NEED TO KNOW THIS FIELD IS FOR ME BEFORE I COMMIT
I currently don't have pod shadowing... which means no pod LOR, but more importantly, shadowing would heavily influence my decision on whether or not to go into the field.

Any advice is appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Just base on your GPA and MCAT alone, you're solid for the majority of the programs.

Yeah you're looking solid. 493 MCAT is fine despite most programs will have a higher average. Your GPA will be well above average as well as you experience as a veteran. I think one of the nine schools for sure will take you.

Agree with above, just be sure to shadow at least 2 podiatrists! Private practice only vs hospital based are 2 different animals depending on which state you're in due to scope of practice things. So my recommendation is at least 2 different pods and hopefully you'll see differences and appreciate the field and what it has to offer.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.