Chad's Videos

Jalam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI if you have student email and are trying to buy Chad's videos to study, you get a discount! I used my ASU email and got a discount during checkout. So I got the videos and quizes for only 25$ per month!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
At my undergrad the pre-op and pre-dent clubs joined forces and were able to get a discount because there were so many of us interested in purchasing.

Perhaps I've said too much...

Just an FYI if you have student email and are trying to buy Chad's videos to study, you get a discount! I used my ASU email and got a discount during checkout. So I got the videos and quizes for only 25$ per month!
I keep hearing about Chads videos I dont really know where to find them and what is it like?? Hope you can help... thanks :)

I keep hearing about Chads videos I dont really know where to find them and what is it like?? Hope you can help... thanks :)

jstyt7 I see you just joined SDN. I was exactly in your shoes maybe a week ago when I made an account here and started reading forums about "Chad's videos are great!". Long story short, they are videos you have to purchase from a website called CourseSmart. They are about 50$ for a month's access. The subjects for the OAT videos include Gen Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, QR, and a incomplete version of biology. Chad (the name of the dude in the video teaching these subjects) lectures you and then also provides you with quizes that can reinforce your learning for EACH section that you learn about. His videos have helped A LOT of people in the past do good on the OAT as opposed to just reading dry material in books. I am about 1/3 through all his videos and can definitely see why. I tried reading the Kaplan book material and wanted to shoot myself in the head after 2 days of it. I'm super glad I found these forums and found out about Chad's videos. HIGHLY recommended.

jstyt7 I am about 1/3 through all his videos and can definitely see why.

WOW. Already 1/3 done? How many videos are you going through per day? Would you mind sharing your study schedule? I gave up on the Kaplan book as well because I, too, wanted to shoot myself after a few chapters.

jstyt7 I see you just joined SDN. I was exactly in your shoes maybe a week ago when I made an account here and started reading forums about "Chad's videos are great!". Long story short, they are videos you have to purchase from a website called CourseSmart. They are about 50$ for a month's access. The subjects for the OAT videos include Gen Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, QR, and a incomplete version of biology. Chad (the name of the dude in the video teaching these subjects) lectures you and then also provides you with quizes that can reinforce your learning for EACH section that you learn about. His videos have helped A LOT of people in the past do good on the OAT as opposed to just reading dry material in books. I am about 1/3 through all his videos and can definitely see why. I tried reading the Kaplan book material and wanted to shoot myself in the head after 2 days of it. I'm super glad I found these forums and found out about Chad's videos. HIGHLY recommended.
Thank you so much ! I will definitely watch them, hopefully all of July! Thanks again

May I ask what other things your planning to study , other than Chads.

WOW. Already 1/3 done? How many videos are you going through per day? Would you mind sharing your study schedule? I gave up on the Kaplan book as well because I, too, wanted to shoot myself after a few chapters.

I go through maybe anywhere from 2-3 hours worth of videos per day. I try to keep it like one section of a certain topic per day. Then i do the quiz after i finish that section (just my preference instead of doing a quiz after EVERY video). I admit I sometimes get lazy and do the quiz for that section the next day too haha. But anyways, I am working through chemistry, physics and Ochem right now because those are the toughest subjects for me to understand and memorize. I pretty much rotate between those 3 subjects so. Today, is physics 1 section, tomorrow gen chemistry 1 section, the next day o chem 1 section. I mean you just kind of have to pick what feels comfortable for you really. MOST sections are 2-3 hours each. That;s why I say I watch about that many hours each day. It all matters about how easy the material is for you and when you plan on taking the test. I know I'll be done way before Mid August, but I want to leave enough time (and even more) to go through the videos again that i need to. Hope this helps! Keep me updated on your studying!

May I ask what other things your planning to study , other than Chads.

I plan on buying the OAT Destroyer for my source of practice questions. I heard practice questions are VERY important because they test your knowledge as well as make you learn the material when you try and find what you did wrong. Also, get ahold of practice TESTS!! I plan on using both that come in my kaplan book (everyone says these are harder than the actual OAT, so I figured its better than practicing on EASIER tests. I will try and look up more sources for practice tests when I'm almost done reviewing all the materials from Chad. Good luck and let me know if you have anymore questions!

Ok I made an account in http://www.coursesmart.com and in the search box I typed but it just showed bunch of books :( how can I find it ??

I just typed in google Chads Videos and I got this http://www.coursesaver.com/videos/OAT/
but its free and open to anyone ?? is it the same as the one you are talking about???

Members don't see this ad :)
I just typed in google Chads Videos and I got this http://www.coursesaver.com/videos/OAT/
but its free and open to anyone ?? is it the same as the one you are talking about???

That's the one! The biology videos are free because they are incomplete. The other videos you can subscribe to all of them for 30 days for $50. You should see at the top of the videos there is a tab that says "30 days for$50" then click go! :)

They also do discounts on most holidays , around 10% off :)
also be aware that the physics videos don't have quizzes for all of them, less than half actually :/

They also do discounts on most holidays , around 10% off :)
also be aware that the physics videos don't have quizzes for all of them, less than half actually :/

Did you take the OAT already? or currently studying for it?

Yeah CHad's Videos are only for ASU students. He used to hold "chads review" for chemistry courses at ASU- which were very helpful! He's simply awesome, and even more awesome in person- he takes the time to explain problems/ questions and makes sure you understand concepts!

Are Chad's videos loading EXTREMELY slow for anyone else.... I mean its a great excuse for not studying, but I just want to make sure.

Are Chad's videos loading EXTREMELY slow for anyone else.... I mean its a great excuse for not studying, but I just want to make sure.
I've noticed some of them were slower than others but I just thought that was my internet connection when I was at the beach last week. Lol. It made it very frustrating! Is it in the Gchem section, by chance?

Wow studying on the beach! I wish I had that opportunity! My problems occurred in the Ochem Vids. But They are much better today.