Chad's Quizzes Versus Real OAT

camilamiette

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I apologize if this has been asked before. I have my OAT in six days (eeek!), and have primarily been using Chad's videos and quizzes (through CourseSaver), and DAT Bootcamp practice tests. For anyone that used these, how did you feel the difficulty compared to the real OAT?

I've seen a lot of people say Chad's and BC was easier, and I've seen some say it was much harder. I'm wondering for all subjects, but specifically physics!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I actually just took my OAT on the 14th and used Chad’s videos for chem, orgo, and bio. I ended up getting a 340, 330, 330 on those subjects. I just did the quizzes and went over all of the questions I got wrong. The questions were REALLY similar. To be honest, chem is my weakest class and since I did not have much time to study, I primarily used this and some conceptual study sheets. Definitely use this for chem and orgo a lot but use some other resources as well. I know I didn’t do amazing but when I say I am bad at chem, I am bad at chem. And definitely use other resources for bio because the oat questions were much more broad then chads, which have a bit of a pattern.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I actually just took my OAT on the 14th and used Chad’s videos for chem, orgo, and bio. I ended up getting a 340, 330, 330 on those subjects. I just did the quizzes and went over all of the questions I got wrong. The questions were REALLY similar. To be honest, chem is my weakest class and since I did not have much time to study, I primarily used this and some conceptual study sheets. Definitely use this for chem and orgo a lot but use some other resources as well. I know I didn’t do amazing but when I say I am bad at chem, I am bad at chem. And definitely use other resources for bio because the oat questions were much more broad then chads, which have a bit of a pattern.
Hey thank you so much for your reply!!! I really appreciate you sharing your experience, and congrats on the awesome scores!!!! I know you feel like they aren't amazing, but trust me, if I got your scores I'd be over the moon lol. I think your scores are really competitive!
I'm super bad at chem too but I'm finding chad's quizzes to at least be doable so knowing they're similar makes me feel a little better! Do you mind me asking what other resources you used?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thank you so much for your reply!!! I really appreciate you sharing your experience, and congrats on the awesome scores!!!! I know you feel like they aren't amazing, but trust me, if I got your scores I'd be over the moon lol. I think your scores are really competitive!
I'm super bad at chem too but I'm finding chad's quizzes to at least be doable so knowing they're similar makes me feel a little better! Do you mind me asking what other resources you used?

Aww. Thank you for the kind words but my gpa is not that pretty so I had hoped to do a little better. If I’m going to be honest., I just used the kaplan book (very scarcely mostly just the review sheets) and his free OAT questions. Just note all of the concepts he puts on his OAT quiz questions and review them in detail. I got a C in both chem I and II, so trust me when I say these helped. Kaplan is good for bio and physics. I just recommend overall doing as many questions as you possibly can and reviewing them. You have a few days, just do like 100 a day.