CCOM transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badawy88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have a very specific question. Has anyone transferred to Chicago Midwestern or know someone that has? I have been accepted to other schools like AZCOM, AT Still Kirksville etc. I was placed on the alternate list at CCOM, but it is by far my top choice. Please respond with any helpful info

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I have a very specific question. Has anyone transferred to Chicago Midwestern or know someone that has? I have been accepted to other schools like AZCOM, AT Still Kirksville etc. I was placed on the alternate list at CCOM, but it is by far my top choice. Please respond with any helpful info

thanks

As I understand it, you really need a compelling reason to transfer. Sick family member, wife attending school there etc. CCOM is my top choice and I want to go there is not a very compelling reason for transfer. That being said, go to AZCOM and see if you can transfer to CCOM. Since AZCOM is a branch campus of CCOM, CCOM might be more willing to accept a transfer from AZCOM. I have no evidence to support this, it is purely a guess on my part.

Transfers generally need an outstanding excuse: dying mother, for example. "'cuz I love your school" isn't generally a good enough reason.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am engaged and planning on getting married soon and my fiance got accepted into CCOM for next year. So that would be my excuse also my family lives in Chicago. I don't know if being engaged is a good enough excuse.

being engaged, or even married, is not a good excuse. The come back to that is you were engaged and you were planning on getting married when you were accepted. Marriage is not a hardship. Dying parent is. Family in the area is not a hardship. Needing specialized experimental chemotherapy that is only available in Chicago is.

Even having children, being pregnant, is not generally a good enough excuse if the condition was present before you started med school.