**Case Western Class of 2011**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am 2nd year looking for a room mate for the coming academic year.
The rent is $315/month + approx. $50 utilities, lease starting on July 1st.

The apartment is spacious, has LOTS OF NATURAL LIGHT, fully renovated with everything brand new, FREE GARAGE PARKING, Shaker Heights is a pretty nice area with buncha parks and hiking trails if you are into that kinda stuff. <5 min. from Cleveland Clinic and Case campus, <2 minutes from Shaker Square.

Me:
I am easy-going and like to keep things pretty clean. PM me for pictures.
Oh yes...i am male.

Members don't see this ad.

I saw this on the iApply page:
May 1, 2007 - Multiple Acceptances - We are aware that many students will receive more than one acceptance. We understand that making a final decision is difficult and that many factors enter into the decision-making process. Our office is prepared to be as helpful to you as possible, and we ask that you not hesitate to contact us if we may be of assistance in this regard. For those few individuals who continue to hold more than one acceptance after May 1, we do reserve the right to withdraw our offer of acceptance. Please notify us if extenuating circumstances present with regards to this deadline.

I thought the official date was May 15 (see AAMC link), what's up with this?

http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/applicants.htm

Edit: Didn't read the next rule:

By May 15 of the matriculation year (April 15 for schools whose first day of class is on or before July 30), each applicant who has received an offer of acceptance from more than one school choose the specific school at which the applicant prefers to enroll and withdraw his or her application, by written correspondence delivered by regular or electronic methods, from all other schools from which acceptance offers have been received.

Case starts July 12.

So we're supposed to withdraw from all other schools by April 15th? That seems bizarre, I haven't recieved any financial aid stuff yet from Case or any other schools. Anyone want to clarify?

So we're supposed to withdraw from all other schools by April 15th? That seems bizarre, I haven't recieved any financial aid stuff yet from Case or any other schools. Anyone want to clarify?

Well, the official AAMC statement states April 15, but Case says May 1. I assume this means it's okay to hold multiple acceptances until May 1 with Case.

Members don't see this ad :)
incubate is correct. Since case starts in july, the aamc lets them (and other early schools) set their response date to be as early as april 15. Since that's pretty early, case chose may 1 as their date that you need to respond by. Keep in mind that if may 1 comes around and you're still waiting on financial aid from another school or something and absolutely can't make your decision, that's fine, just let case's admissions office know what's going on by the deadline.

tomorrow is the deadline to notify the school for MSTP and CCLCM programs.

Has anyone else asked to extend the decision deadline beyond May 1? I called to extend my deadline today in order to go to another Second Look weekend (the first weekend in May), but they were very resistant to it and not particularly kind. I had thought they would be accomodating -- or at least more friendly about it -- given the note on iapply.

I have to admit that I haven't felt very welcome by Case ever since I was accepted -- first with the Second Look being full and now with this. I'm trying not to let it sway my opinion, but I have to say my positive memories from the interview are fading. :(

don't worry about that, i've been around case for almost a year now. i can truly say that the way people were warm and receptive on interview day, they still be that way when you see them in july.

and about the extension, just consider it from their perspective ... they want to have a accurate count of the class and minimize movement on the waitlist. so if you haven't gotten financial aid then you have a reason to ask, but otherwise (this is purely my opinion) just make a decision... u will always wonder what could've been somewhere else.

hope i wasn't too rude, just trying to help

i know what you mean about the extension request- i made my own as well, and was shot down pretty quickly. Afterwards, I thought about it and concluded that Case probably sees itself as already being pretty accomodating in this regard, because the school could have made the decision date as early as April 15.

Does anyone know what we need for paperwork from our doctors? I'm getting ready to leave the country and I'm trying to figure out whether I need to see a doctor/ get papers signed/ get immunizations before I go (or rather, before I give up my insurance). Thanks!

I haven't heard anything about doctor's stuff... but if anyone knows differently, do post!

As a side note... I officially withdrew my other acceptance letter, so I am now, without further ado or delay, attending Case next year!

I'm excited, but my parents think I'm crazy for not going to the cheaper state school, so it's hard to do this without their blessing. But they do know that it's my decision, my debt, and ultimately, being excited about where I'm going is more important.

Regarding health paperwork, unless something's changed, you just should have a copy of your immunizations sent to student health services around the beginning of the semester. They'll give you the address and such later...there's no critical deadline or anything...many of us handled it once we got here/school started. You need to have hep b, mmr, and chicken pox vaccines/titers, and they'll do TB tests on everyone during the first few weeks. If you're missing immunizations, health services will just send you a note telling you what else you need to have done (after they get your record).

Does anyone know what we need for paperwork from our doctors? I'm getting ready to leave the country and I'm trying to figure out whether I need to see a doctor/ get papers signed/ get immunizations before I go (or rather, before I give up my insurance). Thanks!

Here's the link from last year's packet--the paperwork probably shouldn't change that much for this year (if at all):

http://studentaffairs.case.edu/health/forms/ (click on "New Student Medical Packet")

Hope this helps! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
IAs a side note... I officially withdrew my other acceptance letter, so I am now, without further ado or delay, attending Case next year!

I'm excited, but my parents think I'm crazy for not going to the cheaper state school, so it's hard to do this without their blessing. But they do know that it's my decision, my debt, and ultimately, being excited about where I'm going is more important.

:clap: Yay! I also gave up my state school acceptance for Case, so you're not alone! (FWIW, some of the current students I spoke with did so as well, and didn't regret it.) My state school is very traditional, with lectures/labs 8-5 or 8-8 every day, and virtually zero small group stuff. I just couldn't see myself being happy there! :oops:

I've been put on the alt list, and am waiting to hear back.
does anyone know when Case starts accepting people off alt list?
Also, how good are my chances, any guesses?

I'm not sure, but it will probably be one or two weeks after the UP students have to make their decision one way or another - alot of people probably procrastinate till the deadline. Case will probably meet again and see how many slots are available and then decide. Good luck.

Case's curriculum sounds awesome and has me excited, but of course, it's their job to sell the school to me. One Case undergrad told me that everyone's trying to get out because they're making all these curriculum changes and don't really know what they're doing yet. I don't know if the new curriculum affected the current M1s or not; do you have any insights on this? Did anyone else hear stuff like this? Not trying to diss Case; just trying to hear all the pros and cons...

to offer my opinion and insights ... i take classes with the M1s. from what they have told me is that they like the idea of the curriculum. however, it is so different from what was done before, so the administration has had few rough spots implementing the program. 2010'ers consider themselves experimental and assure me that our class will have much better experience.

You can have my spot. I am going where the weather's nice;) but good luck to u.

This thread hasn't seen much action yet.. so.... anyone else really excited after getting all the orientation-type info yesterday? I am:)

This thread hasn't seen much action yet.. so.... anyone else really excited after getting all the orientation-type info yesterday? I am:)

Yes! I am for sure. Plus, the weather here has been really beautiful lately (80 and sunny today... although it's supposed to t-storm and cool off a bit, thank goodness), and the whole turning the calendar to May thing has got me thinking that this is happening a lot sooner than I thought.

Plus the Facebook c/o 2011 group has swelled to include nearly half the class? Not sure if all of them are really coming, but it's still impressive, and fun to watch.

Yup, I'm glad because I hadn't heard anything from them in a while, I was getting worried they never got my acceptance notification!

Oops, I meant this thread hadn't seen any action "for awhile" not "yet"...

But I'm glad to see other people are excited! Is everyone planning on going to all 3 of the "pre-orientation" events on Tues 7/10?

Me too! Yeah, it's exciting but scary that we have only 2 months left before we start! :scared:

I'll definitely attend the mixer/panel. I'm not sure if I'll go to the scavenger hunt--it sounds like a lot of fun, but I can't go for 7+ hours without feeding my baby. :oops: I'll try and get back for the evening party, though! :)

hey class how r things going? has anyone moved to cleveland already?

Congratulations to all of you. I am on the waitlist at Case which has seen NO movement so far and I'm thinking it probably won't. But, I guess I'm trying to find some hope and am wondering if any of you are still wavering or thinking about withdrawing your acceptance?

Congratulations to all of you. I am on the waitlist at Case which has seen NO movement so far and I'm thinking it probably won't. But, I guess I'm trying to find some hope and am wondering if any of you are still wavering or thinking about withdrawing your acceptance?

Only way I'm not going to Case is if I get off one of my two remaining waitlists.

Wow, no activity in nearly a month!

Does anyone know when we get our tuition bills and when we have to pay them by? At my undergrad, we had to pay our bills by the first day of class, but seeing how we haven't even gotten our bills, that doesn't seem to be the case for Case (no pun intended).