**Case Western Class of 2011**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks for the tip, pomdemonium! btw, your icon is adorable. :) are you planning on going to the second look weekend this year? i'mn definitely thinking about it, but i haven't decided yet. Did you get a lot out of it last year?

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for the tip, pomdemonium! btw, your icon is adorable. :) are you planning on going to the second look weekend this year? i'mn definitely thinking about it, but i haven't decided yet. Did you get a lot out of it last year?

I was planning on attending Second Look this year until the email said that space is limited. I don't want anyone to miss out, since I've already had my turn! :oops: I'm going to contact them and see if I can attend some of the events where attendance doesn't matter and/or other current students can attend. I was planning on making a trip out there to look for housing at that time, so it's no big deal--I'll be around anyway.

I loved Second Look last year--I enjoyed meeting current and prospective students, was really impressed with the warmth and dedication of the faculty we had the opportunity to meet, and had a great time at Doc Opera (not on the agenda this year). I also appreciated the curriculum overview, since there weren't many details on this when I interviewed. But there will be a thorough curriculum discussion at orientation, so if you already know you're going to Case, I wouldn't go to Second Look just for that. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Anyway, I hope I get to go and meet those of you that attend! :thumbup:

I was planning on attending Second Look this year until the email said that space is limited. I don't want anyone to miss out, since I've already had my turn! :oops: I'm going to contact them and see if I can attend some of the events where attendance doesn't matter and/or other current students can attend. I was planning on making a trip out there to look for housing at that time, so it's no big deal--I'll be around anyway.

I loved Second Look last year--I enjoyed meeting current and prospective students, was really impressed with the warmth and dedication of the faculty we had the opportunity to meet, and had a great time at Doc Opera (not on the agenda this year). I also appreciated the curriculum overview, since there weren't many details on this when I interviewed. But there will be a thorough curriculum discussion at orientation, so if you already know you're going to Case, I wouldn't go to Second Look just for that. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Anyway, I hope I get to go and meet those of you that attend! :thumbup:

I'm not sure I got or read that email you're talking about. Are we supposed to make reservations for second look?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure I got or read that email you're talking about. Are we supposed to make reservations for second look?

Here's the quote from the email:

Congratulations on your recent acceptance to the incoming Class of 2011! I am writing to give you some updates and provide you with some new resources. First, a reminder, that our annual Second Look Weekend will take place March 23-25. We will be mailing a formal invitation and details about the weekend's events within the next week. Spaces for this year's Second Look Weekend will be limited, so please begin thinking about your decision to attend!

So keep an eye out for snail mail info! :)

Just wanted to say hello to my fellow case 2011'ers. Got accepted this week!

Hi Case/CCLCM peeps! I have an interview coming up in the next few weeks and was just wondering if there are any must see's in the Cleveland area. I'll be arriving on Saturday so I have a couple of extra days to see stuff outside of the long interview days. I was thinking the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Botanical Garden, and the Cleveland history museum since I'm a big anthro buff. Anything else that's maybe off the beaten track/not quite as touristy?

Thanks! Congrats to all of the new acceptees. :thumbup:

Hi Case/CCLCM peeps! I have an interview coming up in the next few weeks and was just wondering if there are any must see's in the Cleveland area. I'll be arriving on Saturday so I have a couple of extra days to see stuff outside of the long interview days. I was thinking the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Botanical Garden, and the Cleveland history museum since I'm a big anthro buff. Anything else that's maybe off the beaten track/not quite as touristy?

Thanks! Congrats to all of the new acceptees. :thumbup:

Sorry, I thought really hard but I've got absolutely no information for you ...

Try this site:
http://casemed.proboards102.com/index.cgi

For those accepted: did you get this link? I don't remember ever getting it, but another accepted person passed it on to me. Weird.

Sorry, I thought really hard but I've got absolutely no information for you ...

Try this site:
http://casemed.proboards102.com/index.cgi

For those accepted: did you get this link? I don't remember ever getting it, but another accepted person passed it on to me. Weird.

Sorry, stiffany, I can't think of anything else, either, besides what's in the links posted in this thread. :(

cubbbie--the link to the forum was recently sent to us in the same email that mentioned Second Look (quoted in a previous post). It was from Christian Essman, sent on 1/17/07, and the subject line was "Case Western Updates and Resources." Hope it didn't get spam filtered or something!

I just got my acceptance materials and remember reading on here that they covered hotel and some airfare last year. Are they just covering hotel this year?

I just got my acceptance materials and remember reading on here that they covered hotel and some airfare last year. Are they just covering hotel this year?

I don't have any insider info on this, but from the Second Look materials, it doesn't look like they're paying for travel this year. (It was quite clear last year that they were paying for up to $175 of travel expenses--there was even a reimbursement form with the packet.) In the confirmation material, they say they will pay for valet/parking at the hotel if you drive.

That's a bummer if they're not paying for travel expenses, although at least one other school has stopped paying for Second Look travel, too. I hope those of you who are considering Case can still come! It's a great chance to meet faculty/students/alums/deans/your potential classmates and learn more about the school. I know that Second Look last year was important in helping me decide between schools, and may help you, too!

I'll be there (don't worry, I'm not taking up a prospective's spot--I asked)! :oops: Who else is attending? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the second look info mailed to me. Looks pretty good.

I thought I heard earlier that travel was also going to be paid for. It appears that's not true. Oh well. I still can't wait!

Congrats on the mudphud decision, sciencewonk! :hardy: I don't remember his name, but I met a mudphud when I interviewed, and he was really nice and seemed to love it there.

So, since SDN is list-happy, here's another one for you (correct me if I assumed incorrectly):

Attending Second Look
hcgonadotropin
pomdemonium
sciencewonk

Attending Second Look
hcgonadotropin
pomdemonium
sciencewonk
cubbbie

There was a travel stipend (up to ~175?) available last year for 2nd look.

I'll be there....

Attending Second Look
hcgonadotropin
pomdemonium
sciencewonk
cubbbie
PZMO

i'll be at second look, too!

Attending Second Look
hcgonadotropin
pomdemonium
sciencewonk
cubbbie
PZMO
choolie

Where are u guys coming from? Are yall taking the bus or flying there?

What time are you guys planning to leave Cleveland on sunday? Anybody planning on any exploring?

Did they give you guys any details about the second look weekend? If so, could you post them here? I just got a vague description in the acceptance letter from the graduate school.

I'll be flying in and may stay a couple extra days before/after with my dad to look at places to live. Is everyone just planning on getting a room in an apartment complex or is anyone planning on renting a house?

Just got accepted from the hold list. Actually got the phone call on my birthday. For everyone that is wondering there is hope for all on the hold list. I didn't think they would ever look at me again. I will be at second look weekend for sure.

Just got accepted from the hold list. Actually got the phone call on my birthday. For everyone that is wondering there is hope for all on the hold list. I didn't think they would ever look at me again. I will be at second look weekend for sure.

Wow! Happy Birthday!

Did they give you guys any details about the second look weekend? If so, could you post them here? I just got a vague description in the acceptance letter from the graduate school.

I'll be flying in and may stay a couple extra days before/after with my dad to look at places to live. Is everyone just planning on getting a room in an apartment complex or is anyone planning on renting a house?

If I end up at Case, I'll probably actually buy a house.

There is a packet that comes in the mail regarding the 2nd look. Here is some info:

Friday, March 23 -- check in at InterContinental Suites begins at 3pm. They will put you up with another prospie. Cocktail reception begins at 6:30.

Saturday -- full day of discussions, demonstrations, tours, meals, and entertainment.

Sunday -- breakfast on campus, then free to explore.

There's a lot of info in this letter. Any specific questions?

If I end up at Case, I'll probably actually buy a house.

There is a packet that comes in the mail regarding the 2nd look. Here is some info:

Friday, March 23 -- check in at InterContinental Suites begins at 3pm. They will put you up with another prospie. Cocktail reception begins at 6:30.

Saturday -- full day of discussions, demonstrations, tours, meals, and entertainment.

Sunday -- breakfast on campus, then free to explore.

There's a lot of info in this letter. Any specific questions?

thanks for typing that out. I think I'll contact the mstp office and see what the deal is with their second look. I think they have a slightly different schedule, with significant overlap with the md-program.

Happy birthday and congrats! :D

What time are you guys planning to leave Cleveland on sunday? Anybody planning on any exploring?

I'll probably stay another day or two to scope out housing options, as well. I'm not sure if we'll be renting or buying--it depends on what's available. We're actually taking a trip out there very soon to make the initial foray into the Cleveland 'burbs with a realtor. I'll let you guys know my opinions about a few of the local suburbs (we'll probably look at Cleveland Heights and Shaker Heights)!

I just wanted to say hi to my future classmates!! I haven't withdrawn my other applications yet (I'm having a hard time tearing myself away from Boston) but I'm 98% sure that I'll be joining you at Case. :)
I'm planning on going to second look weekend... is anyone flying in around 3 pm on Friday that wants to meet up and split a cab to the hotel??
I'm really excited to meet everyone! See you in March/July!

Attending Second Look
hcgonadotropin
pomdemonium
sciencewonk
cubbbie
PZMO
choolie
sliplikespace

Attending Second Look
hcgonadotropin
pomdemonium
sciencewonk
cubbbie
PZMO
choolie
UChopefully
sliplikespace

I just wanted to say hi to my future classmates!! I haven't withdrawn my other applications yet (I'm having a hard time tearing myself away from Boston) but I'm 98% sure that I'll be joining you at Case. :)
I'm planning on going to second look weekend... is anyone flying in around 3 pm on Friday that wants to meet up and split a cab to the hotel??
I'm really excited to meet everyone! See you in March/July!

Welcome, sliplikespace! :) What happened to that last 2%? :p

Unfortunately, I'm driving in the day before, most likely (in order to look for housing in the morning). See you at Second Look! :thumbup:

I'll be there for sure. Probably fly in Friday afternoon?

See you all then!

Attending Second Look
hcgonadotropin
pomdemonium
sciencewonk
cubbbie
PZMO
choolie
UChopefully
sliplikespace
chula505

I found out in November but I'm still vacilating. I'm hoping that the Second look will decide things for me. It's between the University program, the college program and my state school

Attending Second Look
hcgonadotropin
pomdemonium
sciencewonk
cubbbie
PZMO
choolie
UChopefully
sliplikespace
chula505
jayhawk07

I too found out in November, but am still unsure. I'll see all of you at second look weekend, though. I hear it's pretty fun..

Attending Second Look
hcgonadotropin
pomdemonium
sciencewonk
cubbbie
PZMO
choolie
UChopefully
sliplikespace
chula505
jayhawk07
Lanced

Has anyone gotten any financial aid info?

I think it's all electronic this year--I got an email on 1/19/2007 with the subject line "The 2007-2008 Financial Aid Application Process." Here's the text of the email:

Congratulations on your acceptance to Case School of Medicine! The next step in the application process is to go to your iApply account, which has the links to complete all financial aid materials. We know the financial aid process can be stressful and confusing to new students, so we have included our Financial Aid Handbook website (http://casemed.case.edu/financial_aid/) which details your options, what to do, how to do it, and when to do it.

We know many medical school applicants do not make their final decision on which school they will attend until they receive an Award Letter from each school that they have been accepted to. As soon as we receive ALL of your COMPLETED information, we will send you an Award Letter from Case School of Medicine. Please be very careful in completing all the required documents. If your information is complete by March 31, you will receive an Award Letter no Later than May1, 2007.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Jessie M. Clemmons or Wanda L. Rollins at (216) 368-3666 or e-mail us at [email protected].

Hope that helps! :)

I think it's all electronic this year--I got an email on 1/19/2007 with the subject line "The 2007-2008 Financial Aid Application Process." Here's the text of the email:

Congratulations on your acceptance to Case School of Medicine! The next step in the application process is to go to your iApply account, which has the links to complete all financial aid materials. We know the financial aid process can be stressful and confusing to new students, so we have included our Financial Aid Handbook website (http://casemed.case.edu/financial_aid/) which details your options, what to do, how to do it, and when to do it.

We know many medical school applicants do not make their final decision on which school they will attend until they receive an Award Letter from each school that they have been accepted to. As soon as we receive ALL of your COMPLETED information, we will send you an Award Letter from Case School of Medicine. Please be very careful in completing all the required documents. If your information is complete by March 31, you will receive an Award Letter no Later than May1, 2007.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Jessie M. Clemmons or Wanda L. Rollins at (216) 368-3666 or e-mail us at [email protected].

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks, helped a lot!

Attending Second Look
hcgonadotropin
pomdemonium
sciencewonk
cubbbie
PZMO
choolie
UChopefully
sliplikespace
chula505
jayhawk07
Lanced
:laugh: You guys are totally organized with your list. But how are you going to recognize each other once you get here to Cleveland? :p Second look was really fun last year. I'm glad so many people will be coming. Congrats again to all of my fellow c/o 2011 people. :)

Attending Second Look
hcgonadotropin
pomdemonium
sciencewonk
cubbbie
PZMO
choolie
UChopefully
sliplikespace
chula505
jayhawk07
Lanced
iceman77_7

I'll be there too -- can't wait! A second-look trip sounds SO much more appealing/fun than an interview trip!

Congrats! :clap: :clap: Are you going to be able to make it to Second Look? :)

Probably--I'll RSVP to them this afternoon; they make it sound like they're almost out of space.

Didn't I see something in another thread about them paying for travel as well as accomodations? There's nothing about it in the letter.

Probably--I'll RSVP to them this afternoon; they make it sound like they're almost out of space.

Didn't I see something in another thread about them paying for travel as well as accomodations? There's nothing about it in the letter.

They paid for travel last year (I went then, but deferred a year), but it doesn't look like they're paying for travel this year. :( They're paying for hotel (shared with another prospie) and meals (looks like all meals, if it's like last year).

Hope to see you there anyway! :)

Attending Second Look
hcgonadotropin
pomdemonium
sciencewonk
cubbbie
PZMO
choolie
UChopefully
sliplikespace
chula505
jayhawk07