Career Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_RxRated

Reaction score
I posted on here some time ago about a home infusion pharmacist job I applied for (and got) right out of graduating in May. Well, two weeks into starting the job they laid me off (and about 60% of their other employees nation-wide).

I absolutely love this job and home infusion, so I’m still a bit upset about the situation - but life goes on.

I’ve tried reaching out to recruiters about possible job openings for the only home infusion pharmacy left in the entire region and haven’t really heard much back (I’ve heard they’re crazy slammed right now from all the new referrals we’re turning away, so I’m hoping they might open up a few positions soon.)

What advice can you all give me while job searching? I dread going back to retail, especially now that I found an area of pharmacy that made me fall back in love with the profession.

I’ve applied for a couple per diem positions at the local hospitals. One (an oncology clinic) said they’d like to interview me but won’t be able to move forward until I’m licensed (I take my boards in July) and they’re going to hold onto my resume until then. I’m going to keep trying and submitting applications while I’m studying for the next month, but do you all have any advice on what to do now?

Members don't see this ad.

Keep applying for jobs, but focus on getting licensed. As hard as it is to get a job nowadays, it seems like it would be easier with the license. Maybe try for rural areas (hospital) if it's important to you to stay out of retail.