Cardiology in-training exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

floppy valve

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys..

The Cardiology in-training exam is coming up. My colleagues mentioned that this exam does not really having much bearing on the fellowship training (viz. as a 1st yr fellow). However, I made a mistake of taking my Internal Medicine ITEs lightly and as a result, I'm in a tough spot while preparing for the ABIMs. Want to prepare as much as I can prior to October 22nd

Which are the recommended review books for the Cards ITE? There are quite a few ones out there... Mayo, Cleveland clinic, MGH, .. they all have come out with their Cards board review books.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

IMO, similar to medicine in that there is no real direct impact on your fellowship other than if you tank it you might get on your PD's radar.. That and the scores might get out to all your attendings/faculty who might view you in a little different manner or crack some jokes at your expense.. That's what happened at our facility to a couple that didn't do great..

Don't think our first years who did bad had to do anything different, but do think our 3rd year who scored bad last year was watched closely with board studying.

Not sure about studying.. I think going through the executive summaries of the guidelines are helpful.. but it's obviously a lot of material and no real specific way to study for it w/ the limited time and energy you'll likely have IMO.

Hi guys..

The Cardiology in-training exam is coming up. My colleagues mentioned that this exam does not really having much bearing on the fellowship training (viz. as a 1st yr fellow). However, I made a mistake of taking my Internal Medicine ITEs lightly and as a result, I'm in a tough spot while preparing for the ABIMs. Want to prepare as much as I can prior to October 22nd

Which are the recommended review books for the Cards ITE? There are quite a few ones out there... Mayo, Cleveland clinic, MGH, .. they all have come out with their Cards board review books.

Any suggestions/recommendations?
Hey, did you find any good resources other than ACCSAP?