Cardiology 2009 application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
cook county, IL and Baylor, dallas, TX reject...

I think this yr is done now...

Members don't see this ad.

Louisville sent out interviews today. Has anyone heard from Drexel or Temple??

Thomas Jefferson University interview today . . . anyone else hear from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Invite from Oschner Clinic in New Orleans today. Invite from VCU last week.

Just wanted to add a few invites that I haven't seen posted:
UMDNJ-RWJ (email mid Feb)
Drexel (email this week)
Montefiore/Bronx Lebannon (email this week)

axc008, I also got Jefferson (email earlier this week) but some people posted this last week

Anyone hear (good or bad) from NYU, Albert Einstein (NY), Temple, or Columbia???
Einstein is apparently quite behind, my PD said

I heard from Montefiore (main program) by snail mail in last wk. of February . . . don't know about the 10 other "Albert Einstein's" in NY . . . there's also one in Philly that I have not heard about

Has anyone heard from Jackson Memorial in Miami?

Just got email invite from Temple

Maine Medical Center a few days ago.

If someone has interviewed at these places.

University of Louisville, KY
University of Oklahoma, OK
University of CT, Farmington

Got an invite today via e-mail, how is the program anybody?
Thanks

looks like things are slowing down a bit, but . . .

rejection from Jefferson
interview invitation from Cal Pacific
still waiting for Stanford, Cedars, Scripps

btw, not to spread any vicious rumors or anything, but has anybody heard anything about the USC (Southern Cal) program? just talking to people on the interview circuit, it sounds like they might be in trouble. wanted to see if anybody had any info.

Don't know about USC. Has anyone actually heard from Stanford?

Members don't see this ad :)
Re USC I heard that they were having an issue with their door to baloon times for STEMI, but I haven't heard anything specifcially about their training program.

Someone earlier posted that Stanford already had their first interview day, but don't know if they've offered interviews to external applicants. Same with mayo, anybody know if they've offered interviews to external applicants?

Re: Mayo, I know a couple colleagues (external applicants) who have gone for interviews in the past few weeks.

Does anyone know about similar issues with Baylor CM ? I heard that they are splitting from St. Luke's and the best attendings are all fleeing! Apparently they had a similar exodus when they split from Methodist too. Any info appreciated

Re USC I heard that they were having an issue with their door to baloon times for STEMI, but I haven't heard anything specifcially about their training program.

Someone earlier posted that Stanford already had their first interview day, but don't know if they've offered interviews to external applicants. Same with mayo, anybody know if they've offered interviews to external applicants?

anyone know anything about university of new mexico's program? thanks

When did people hear from NYU? When I called them 2 days ago they were still giving out invites....

Danbury hospital...snail mail

did any IMG hear from UT Memphis either IV or rejection ?

what about MSU? wayne state ?

MSU interviewing on april 16 and 18th. Interviews already sent.

UT Memphis sent out invites long ago may be a month ago via snail mail, though have heard that the PD is very malignant and AMGS' hate this program and rest assured that most of my AMG friends took this program out of their rank list last year since they percieved the interview process itself as malignant.

Anybody knows about U Connecticut Farmington program??

Do they take outsiders or only inside from the program?

Please share the info you know, will be help full, many thanks.

Has anyone actually got rejected from UNC or Wake Forest? I never heard anything from these programs, and assume it is very unlikely to get an interview, but just curious if they actually sent out rejections.

rejection from NY- presbyterian Columbia University

How many interviews on an average are most people doing? 9-12?

Any advise from candidates who got IVs this year??? Any advice for IMG/FMg would be highly appreciated and help me plan for the next year.

I got only 6 and I am going to all of them!!!, keeping my fingers crossed.

Places I have not seen listed that have sent invites:

Cedars-Sinai
NYU

Places I have not seen listed that have sent invites:

Cedars-Sinai
NYU

I know 2 people that have interviewed at NYU. Several I know have applied to Cedars and not one's heard a thing (at least that's what they're telling me).

I know 2 people that have interviewed at NYU. Several I know have applied to Cedars and not one's heard a thing (at least that's what they're telling me).

My friend got interview from Cedars Sinai.

Invite from University of South Florida yesterday.

How many interviews on an average are most people doing? 9-12?
That seems to be the average, based on conversations I've had with other interviewees. I'm only doing nine, because I have completely exhausted my bank account.

has anyone interviewed at california pacific medical center, if so how was it?

I got only 6 and I am going to all of them!!!, keeping my fingers crossed.

I am going to 15. Got 18 invites, but will skip on two. It's too expensive!! What do the rest of you think?:luck:

10 interview offers, going on 8...saw recent stats from match last year, and of those who matched in cardiology, the average number of interviews applicants went on was ~ 7.

Where do you guys get statistics for %match for IMG, US citizens, how many interviews gone to etc? So far all I know is the NRMP stats which are not too informative. THanks!

Agree NRMP stats not very information.
Show you what % of spots last year were filled by IMG's, DO, Us allopathic grads, etc. but this doesn't tell anything about the % of folks who match, which is what we all wanna know!

Let me start this one for people applying this year. Plz post your credentials and the number of programs you will be applying to.

Myself R2 at a Univ Program, a FMG, good scores, 7 pubs (unrelated to cards), plan to apply to 70-80 programs
thanks for your comment in my county it is different please say what is R2 ,FMG ,pubs i dont have experience about it