Car..Tv..Games-Talk

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a little bored today so making this thread. Instead of making 3 different threads, we can talk about the cars we drive right now (as students..lol), the best TV shows out there and what we watching, and finally if we have any gamers here? :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm leasing a Nisson 2018, reliable/great on the gas. Recently watched the Triple Frontier..Netflix movie..was pretty good..and not a big gamer but loved Skyrim on ps4 back in the days :)

Reactions: 1 users
Lots of battlefield and world of warships.

Anime, the Grand Tour, odd movies here and there like the Big Short and Margin Call.

Won't talk about car stuff but will definitely update you when I get the car I want.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Currently driving a Nissan 350z manual and I love it. I watch a ton of shows, so if you name it I either watch it or have seen it. A few off the top of my head are Grey’s Anatomy, How to Get Away With Murder, Riverdale, Game of Thrones, Survivor, American Horror Story, and the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I am a huge sports fan, so I watch a lot of that too. The only video game I play is Old School Runescape if anyone knows what that is lol (MMORPG that is easy to play while you study or watch lectures, in a weird way helps get me motivated to study).

As podiatry students - wrong answers. Correct answers are 2001 honda civic, watch some family guy reruns on netflix, and who has time for video games. On a side note - video games are for kids - you are an f***ing doctor grow up and be an adult. Or do you kids take a selfie and post it on the gram with #adulting. Come @ me.

EDIT - TV: I watch some ESPN at the gym and maybe some fox news when I am in my attendings office.

@CutsWithFury

Last edited:
  • Haha
As podiatry students - wrong answers. Correct answers are 2001 honda civic, watch some family guy reruns on netflix, and who has time for video games. On a side note - video games are for kids - you are an f***ing doctor grow up and be an adult. Or do you kids take a selfie and post it on the gram with #adulting. Come @ me.

@CutsWithFury

take it easy dude

I drove a Kia for almost 10 years before going for a Nissan (leasing) so I get that "honda civic" ref. I do watch reruns of the office almost every day to destress..and NO..video games are not for kids.

Reactions: 2 users
Currently driving a Nissan 350z manual and I love it. I watch a ton of shows, so if you name it I either watch it or have seen it. A few off the top of my head are Grey’s Anatomy, How to Get Away With Murder, Riverdale, Game of Thrones, Survivor, American Horror Story, and the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I am a huge sports fan, so I watch a lot of that too. The only video game I play is Old School Runescape if anyone knows what that is lol (MMORPG that is easy to play while you study or watch lectures, in a weird way helps get me motivated to study).

350z is a great car...way out of my budget at the moment..lol
Not a big fan of Grey's but loved house and scrubs...currently watching good doctor on hulu..its ok.
GOT is probably the best thing HBO ever made....

Members don't see this ad :)
1. I gratefully drive my mom’s 2014 Camry, but will have no car when I move to Philly.
2. I’m watching Yu Yu Hakusho right now. I mostly consume anime and Korean dramas rather than Western media (I’m SUPER Asian, I know).
3. I don’t play games, but did get caught on OSRS like @Podstar for a little bit before this app cycle.

Lots of battlefield and world of warships.

Anime, the Grand Tour, odd movies here and there like the Big Short and Margin Call.

Won't talk about car stuff but will definitely update you when I get the car I want.

only anime type show for me was/is.. dragon ball :nod:

Haven't had time to watch much shows but I occasionally watch Friends on Netflix

Also my car right now is junk but my dream car is a Mustang Shelby GT

Last edited:

EDIT - TV: I watch some ESPN at the gym and maybe some fox news when I am in my attendings office.

@CutsWithFury

Family didn't have enough to put me through school never mind buy a car.

Walked and biked through high school, undergrad, grad school. Was lucky enough to bum rides off roommates or wife (my then gf) to go shadow and all that other s***.

Was fortunate to have a relative give me his 15 year old E-Class for school. Struts are leaking, wheel bearings squeal, missing motor mount so it feels like you're sitting on a vibrator, steering pump weak, rear brake pads down to half life and rotors warped, head lights so heat baked that I turn on fogs just so people see me. Biked half of 1st year before this car. Even then I'm very lucky to have a car that runs and saves me time.

I play pc games for ****s and giggles. When I have kids and get to adulting like you and the other attendings I'm sure I won't have time for them.

But even then, it is only a small portion of my hobbies that include a bunch of other stuff. Want to get into Japanese archery but havn't had the time or money.

We're just here to relax....

I've seen the cringy Instagram stuff you are quoting. Never been a fan of it. #whitecoat #brainsofadoctorheartofanurse #medschool

Currently driving a Nissan 350z manual and I love it. I watch a ton of shows, so if you name it I either watch it or have seen it. A

Buddy from undergrad went from a modded RSX type S to a white manual 350z. Coilovers, Te37s, headers with piping to rear aftermarket exhaust (forgot what it was....VQs still sound like ass though...no offense) subwoofer, the works.

1. I gratefully drive my mom’s 2014 Camry, but will have no car when I move to Philly.
2. I’m watching Yu Yu Hakusho right now. I mostly consume anime and Korean dramas rather than Western media (I’m SUPER Asian, I know).
3. I don’t play games, but did get caught on OSRS like @Podstar for a little bit before this app cycle.

Kaguya is great this season. Havn't been watching much else. Used to watch a ton then kind of dropped off.

Last kdrama I watched was "Good Doctor". Wasn't til after school I realized how dramatic the medical stuff on tv is.

Wife and I still watch Running Man and All the Butlers when we have dinner dates at home.

Video gamers make better surgeons! There was some study done that showed surgeons who played video games regularly made 20-ish% fewer mistakes. So I make time to play video games, I just tell myself I’m practicing becoming a surgeon

Reactions: 5 users
Family didn't have enough to put me through school never mind buy a car.

Walked and biked through high school, undergrad, grad school. Was lucky enough to bum rides off roommates or wife (my then gf) to go shadow and all that other s***.

Was fortunate to have a relative give me his 15 year old E-Class for school. Struts are leaking, wheel bearings squeal, missing motor mount so it feels like you're sitting on a vibrator, steering pump weak, rear brake pads down to half life and rotors warped, head lights so heat baked that I turn on fogs just so people see me. Biked half of 1st year before this car. Even then I'm very lucky to have a car that runs and saves me time.

I play pc games for ****s and giggles. When I have kids and get to adulting like you and the other attendings I'm sure I won't have time for them.

But even then, it is only a small portion of my hobbies that include a bunch of other stuff. Want to get into Japanese archery but havn't had the time or money.

We're just here to relax....

I've seen the cringy Instagram stuff you are quoting. Never been a fan of it. #whitecoat #brainsofadoctorheartofanurse #medschool

Get off my lawn!

Get off my lawn!

Have started reading White Coat investor.
A lot to learn. Taxable versus non taxable, college accounts, other stuff.

Parents were horrible at managing money. Mentality was work til you drop, no such thing as retirement or nest egg.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Did you watch romance is a bonus book (kdrama) on Netflix? It finished this past weekend and was super cute! Treated myself to watchin that after studying haha

Did you watch romance is a bonus book (kdrama) on Netflix? It finished this past weekend and was super cute! Treated myself to watchin that after studying haha

No, but my mom watched the 2nd episode and I saw glimpses. The premise looks interesting and the production value seems quite high, so I will need to watch it eventually! The last Netflix drama I finished was Memories of the Alhambra, and I enjoyed it overall!

Last edited:
No, but my mom watched the 2nd episode and I saw glimpses. The premise looks interesting and the production value seems quite high, so I will need to watch it eventually! The last Netflix drama I finished was Memories of the Alhambra, and I enjoyed it overall!
I watched memories of Alhambra too! I liked it a lot - it was very different! My friend at school that watches dramas couldn’t get into it haha

1. Plan on getting a 2007 Honda Civic when school starts
2. Love all kinds of anime. Mostly main stream though but some good alternatives are the promised never land and future diary
3. Play a bit of anthem with friends

1. Plan on getting a 2007 Honda Civic when school starts
2. Love all kinds of anime. Mostly main stream though but some good alternatives are the promised never land and future diary
3. Play a bit of anthem with friends

Mirai Niki is great. You might like Deadman Wonderland as well.

I've got a Jeep . Worked two jobs before pod school to save up for it.

If anyone says Game of Thrones isn't the best show on t.v right now then you either haven't seen it yet or you are a liar and we can't be friends.

I've got a Jeep . Worked two jobs before pod school to save up for it.

If anyone says Game of Thrones isn't the best show on t.v right now then you either haven't seen it yet or you are a liar and we can't be friends.

Can’t wait for this season finale... bittersweet

Car: 2015 Infiniti Q50
Shows: Game of Thrones, Westworld, True Detective, Better Call Saul (need to catch up on the latter two)
Games: CS:GO, but thinking of trying out Apex Legends

Car: 2015 Infiniti Q50
Shows: Game of Thrones, Westworld, True Detective, Better Call Saul (need to catch up on the latter two)
Games: CS:GO, but thinking of trying out Apex Legends

Westworld is very cool; also looking forward to the latest season of better call Saul on Netflix.

Video gamers make better surgeons! There was some study done that showed surgeons who played video games regularly made 20-ish% fewer mistakes. So I make time to play video games, I just tell myself I’m practicing becoming a surgeon

If that is true, then I am 90% confident I can separate a pair of conjoined twins with AK-47(PUBG Surgical simulator).

PUBG, Ghost Recon, Battlefield, NHL. My brother is in the army and lives a little bit away so I usually play with him.

F is For Family, Rick and Morty, Westworld and GoT is my go to. My gf is making me watch other series and then yelling at me for going ahead, so I cant commit to anything else lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
This new SDN design is meh..too many colors..older one was better, imo. Although now, i'm getting a notification that someone has "liked" my post..

:eek:
I always got the "liked" notification, but I agree with you on the new design. I miss the minimalism and better title fonts in the old design. Who the heck still uses Times New Roman??? /s

This new SDN design is meh..too many colors..older one was better, imo. Although now, i'm getting a notification that someone has "liked" my post..

:eek:
I really don’t mind the new look. Definitely loved the old classic look, but I think I can get used to this one if they can’t bring back something similar to the old look. Purple is one of my favorite colors, so I was pumped podiatry got it lol!

Edit: the basic layout is better!

Last edited:
New layout is clean and chic.

But really hard to differentiate between new post and post I've already read (at least change the color maybe instead of just bolding everything new?).