California Northstate Fall 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You'll hear from them, I wouldn't get concerned just yet.

Last edited:
I don't think we know if CNCP failed/not failed to attained candidate status yet as the people from ACPE will not make this public until the January meeting. The school will receive notification on the decision one month in advance of the meeting; this means that the earliest anyone will know is in December.

As for the schooling failing to advance to candidate status, I think you're referring to last year's event. They didn't get candidate status last summer because the school decided to increase their enrollment to 90 students. This is the reason why ACPE continued their precandidate status but didnn't push them forward. There are some threads in the forum that talks about this issue, you should search it up.

I promised I'd stop posting in CNCP threads a while back...but, can someone answer me WHY any school going through the accreditation process would openly flaunt ACPE accreditation standards (80 students max per class) while they're in pre-candidate stage?

It's a pretty set/well known ceiling and the consequences are known. If someone has a good answer (what the school has been telling them), I'd love to hear it.

A little worrisome when a school that opened Fall 2008 fails to attain candidate status (continuing pre-candidate status constitutes a failure to attain candidate status)* while every other school that opened the same time has already advanced and guaranteed its class practicing rights. Buyer beware.

*source, ACPE website july 2009

Members don't see this ad :)
So I emailed Gail cuz I just couldn't wait anymore. She said I got accepted and she sent me the acceptance email on 11/18. It was in my spam folder :thumbup:. So maybe search your spam folder if you have not got any response yet. Good luck guys!

So I emailed Gail cuz I just couldn't wait anymore. She said I got accepted and she sent me the acceptance email on 11/18. It was in my spam folder :thumbup:. So maybe search your spam folder if you have not got any response yet. Good luck guys!

Dude, congrats, u were waiting for that thing forever, can't believe it went to ur spam

Dude, congrats, u were waiting for that thing forever, can't believe it went to ur spam

WOW...after realizing that the email might have gone to my spam!!! After checking it...I GOT ACCEPTED!!!

:D

lol .. i got the letter of acceptance too .. yay...
@kha: did u take general chem at evergreen Kha?

lol .. i got the letter of acceptance too .. yay...
@kha: did u take general chem at evergreen Kha?

you're from sj? lol small world, no im planning to take chem 1b at evergreen, cuz i took 1a at berkeley. I was able to passed out of 1b for other schools like ucsf, uop and usc but for some reason I can't do that for northstate, imma try to email them and get out of it...right now im waitlisted for 1b at evergreen and san jose city

I promised I'd stop posting in CNCP
threads a while back...but, can someone answer me WHY any school going through the accreditation process would openly flaunt ACPE accreditation standards (80 students max per class) while they're in pre-candidate stage?

It's a pretty set/well known ceiling and the consequences are known. If someone has a good answer (what the school has been telling them), I'd love to hear it.

A little worrisome when a school that opened Fall 2008 fails to attain candidate status (continuing pre-candidate status constitutes a failure to attain candidate status)* while every other school that opened the same time has already advanced and guaranteed its class practicing rights. Buyer beware.

*source, ACPE website july 2009

They seem to be hiding their failure to attain candidate status very well since no one at all seems to be aware of this. I suggest applicants look deeper into this matter.

They seem to be hiding their failure to attain candidate status very well since no one at all seems to be aware of this. I suggest applicants look deeper into this matter.

Everyone needs to stop bashing on CNCP- Yes, they are in the process of attaining all accreditations. They are a new school and rightfully so, it is a long process which may take longer than other institutes may have. I've had the opportunity to visit numerous schools throughout my application process this year and I can hands down say that this Northstate provided me with most sense of promise and comfort. I absolutely fell in love with the school, faculty, and curriculum. The students and staff are all upfront about their candidacy and have not sugar coated or "hid" their candidate status. It is what it is... and regardless of other acceptances I choose to go to this institution because I am very confident that I will be able to fit in and be a strong pharmacist from their school and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

So, please if you do not plan on attending, interviewing, applying to CNCP don't bash the school. And, if you have questions about their "failure to attain candidate status," please email the school-I'm sure they'll be able to provide you with the information you need.

If you are anticipating applying, interviewing, attending CNCP and have any questions or would like feedback please feel free to PM me. I'll be more than happy to share my experiences with you. If you need personal statements etc to be read again please feel free… tis the season to give back. :)

On a much higher note… Congratulations to all my fellow CNCP students. I look forward to personally meeting everyone August 30th.

Cheers and Happy Holidays! :oops:

Last edited:
The difference between you and me is...I provide facts and cite my sources with major accrediting bodies, you describe feel good gushy gushy feelings.

Not that there's anything wrong with personal experience, just thought I'd point that out.

The difference between you and me is...I provide facts and cite my sources with major accrediting bodies, you describe feel good gushy gushy feelings.

Not that there's anything wrong with personal experience, just thought I'd point that out.

I'm sorry, I provided facts and my personal experience is more than good enough. Again, if any prospective student is concerned address the issues to the school directly- no one here is qualified to answer any questions on accreditation but the school itself. Case closed good day sir.

Members don't see this ad :)

dude seriously, get off your high horse man, have you ever been to northstate and talked to the staff, met the dean? They're not hiding anything. Yea im a pessimist too but I had a very good impression of the school. So if you have nothing to do w/ northstate and the application process, I don't see why you're spamming the thread.

dude seriously, get off your high horse man, have you ever been to northstate and talked to the staff, met the dean? They're not hiding anything. Yea im a pessimist too but I had a very good impression of the school. So if you have nothing to do w/ northstate and the application process, I don't see why you're spamming the thread.

lol, boohoo, you called me a spammer, you hurt my f-f-f-feelings, i'm gonna go hide now.

lol, boohoo, you called me a spammer, you hurt my f-f-f-feelings, i'm gonna go hide now.

You don't need to hide but I think you'll probably have a better time in the Jefferson thread!

Lol...well I really do have good impression about this school even though they are only pre-candidate. They don't hide their accreditation status from us and everyone was so nice at the school...they also upfront on that we need to get private loan for 2 years. I feel I can trust this school

You don't need to hide but I think you'll probably have a better time in the Jefferson thread!

nahh..nothing going on over there :sleep:

Chromatography said:
Lol...well I really do have good impression about this school even though they are only pre-candidate. They don't hide their accreditation status from us and everyone was so nice at the school...they also upfront on that we need to get private loan for 2 years. I feel I can trust this school

Some of you don't understand the concept of bias. OF COURSE they're doing to be nice to you and of course they're going to make you feel like a million bucks when you're there. It's called marketing, it's in their self-interest. They're not going to say, "Hey, we failed to get candidate status while every other school that opened in '08 got it, and we intentionally violated the 80 student matriculation ceiling recommended by ACPE!" They're not stupid, in fact, I applaud their marketing efforts.

Anyway, chromatography, I'm surprised they were able to guarantee that they'll attain regional accreditation via WASC in 2 years. That's the implicit guarantee you got when they said you'd only need 2 years of private loans (what about the other two?) The reason I'm surprised they're able to guarantee that is because, right on their website under WASC, the statement clearly says the acceptance of the application "does not assure eventual accreditation."

Man you guys really need to learn how to analyze. I shall continue to provide my services for free, you're welcome.

I dont find confetti's comments bashing the school at all. He has stated some good information about the school that many of us remain unaware of - the fact that they have failed to advance to candidate status when it should have been attained already.

anyone going to the jan 22 interview?????????/

thanks for pointing this out. I was not aware of this.
so is this school at risk of becoming the mess that is the school in hawaii.

thanks for pointing this out. I was not aware of this.
so is this school at risk of becoming the mess that is the school in hawaii.

The school KMIMSM is referring to is(was) HICP. Won't go into detail here, search for it with the search box (it's on page 2 with like 2000 replies) and read.

My opinion: CNCP won't end up like HICP. The key difference was HICP enrolled something on the order of 200+ students and pre-accreditation wasn't a mandatory step in the process.

The similarities are that a) both sets of students had to take out expensive private loans since the school wasn't regionally accredited, b) both were for-profit institutions, c) both have/had ardent student/pre-student defenders who ignored facts and were swayed by personality, d) both have/had students that claimed alignment with a major institution that never came to fruition (HICP claimed alignment with USN; CNCP students claimed alignment with UC Davis...see old CNCP thread that I poured my love into).

The warning signs for CNCP are out/easily available for you to read, if you know how to read them. Does it warrant completely staying away from this school? No, I don't think so. Does it warrant extra thought and weighing of the risks? Yes, absolutely.

I'll hold off further judgment/comments until after the January ACPE meeting. The facts, as they stand now, aren't in this school's favor. My issue isn't with the school itself, it's for those who fail to understand the facts and the implications of things like enrollment limits/ratios or those who take what information is fed to them without question.

For the sake of my friends at this school, I hope they get Candidate status.

Sounds good! January it is. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
nahh..nothing going on over there :sleep:

Some of you don't understand the concept of bias. OF COURSE they're doing to be nice to you and of course they're going to make you feel like a million bucks when you're there. It's called marketing, it's in their self-interest. They're not going to say, "Hey, we failed to get candidate status while every other school that opened in '08 got it, and we intentionally violated the 80 student matriculation ceiling recommended by ACPE!" They're not stupid, in fact, I applaud their marketing efforts.

Anyway, chromatography, I'm surprised they were able to guarantee that they'll attain regional accreditation via WASC in 2 years. That's the implicit guarantee you got when they said you'd only need 2 years of private loans (what about the other two?) The reason I'm surprised they're able to guarantee that is because, right on their website under WASC, the statement clearly says the acceptance of the application "does not assure eventual accreditation."

Man you guys really need to learn how to analyze. I shall continue to provide my services for free, you're welcome.

Calm down dude, I am just saying what they said and how i felt about it. Respect what other said please, All you do is bashing the school and talk **** about what others are saying. Why not be more optimistic. Also can you just stop playing words here? I am really just stating the exact thing they told me, 2 years private loans then after that they said federal loan would be available if they are getting accredited. You probably just think we are bunch of *******es. I am sure all of us are aware of the risk of accreditation. You should go dig up last year's thread on CNCP, there was a big debate about attending that school. I know the risk and did I even say I am going there? Geez...Oh and please, no more service, no thanks

Last edited:
Calm down dude, I am just saying what they said and how i felt about it. Respect what other said please, All you do is bashing the school and talk **** about what others are saying. Why not be more optimistic. Also can you just stop playing words here? I am really just stating the exact thing they told me, 2 years private loans then after that they said federal loan would be available if they are getting accredited. You probably just think we are bunch of *******es. I am sure all of us are aware of the risk of accreditation. You should go dig up last year's thread on CNCP, there was a big debate about attending that school. I know the risk and did I even say I am going there? Geez...Oh and please, no more service, no thanks

lol i know about that thread, i was probably the one instigating.

and yes...i'll be more optimistic...sunshine and rainbows for everyone, pharmacists will be making $250k and will be worshipped like gods among men.

sunshine and rainbows....

lol i know about that thread, i was probably the one instigating.

and yes...i'll be more optimistic...sunshine and rainbows for everyone, pharmacists will be making $250k and will be worshipped like gods among men.

sunshine and rainbows....

how the heck did they ever let you into pharmacy school? i like how you hide behind your computer with that sarcasm, I doubt you'd do that in real life bud. Everyone here knows of the risk of possibly attending an unaccredited school, no matter what type of a front the school puts up, the risk is always there, people who have previously stated that they liked the school is simply just saying their opinion about the school. I still don't know why you're even in this thread, must be pretty damn lonely at pharm school to be scanning the threads just so you can get your voice out there eh? I guess you weren't hugged enough as a kid and so your on here looking for attention, awesome!

how the heck did they ever let you into pharmacy school? i like how you hide behind your computer with that sarcasm, I doubt you'd do that in real life bud. Everyone here knows of the risk of possibly attending an unaccredited school, no matter what type of a front the school puts up, the risk is always there, people who have previously stated that they liked the school is simply just saying their opinion about the school. I still don't know why you're even in this thread, must be pretty damn lonely at pharm school to be scanning the threads just so you can get your voice out there eh? I guess you weren't hugged enough as a kid and so your on here looking for attention, awesome!

yeah i'm lonely, let's hug it out:smuggrin:

Are they the most expensive school in the country?

Sounds good! January it is!!! thanks for your input, but We can argue all we want, it's not gonna change what happens in January after ACPE meets!!

The wait begins!

Exactly, I'm sure everyone has alot to say about this but let's hang on until after the upcoming meeting before everyone speculate further. :thumbup:

I got an invitation to submit a supplemental application and I am working on it but I am curious for those of you who got interviews, how quickly did they get back to you guys about scheduling an interview AFTER you submitted your supp application??? Thanx. :cool:

it's about 2 weeks for me, submitted around 10/5 heard them around the 19th for interview on the 30th

it's about 2 weeks for me, submitted around 10/5 heard them around the 19th for interview on the 30th

so if its been over 2 weeks and they have not contacted you then what? Am I doomed? for me its been around 3.5 weeks already

so if its been over 2 weeks and they have not contacted you then what? Am I doomed? for me its been around 3.5 weeks already

Nah, I think you should be okay still. I think their next interview is some time in January, so they might not contact you until like a week or so before the interview. They contacted me like 10 days before the 10/30 interview date.

I submitted mine right before Thanks giving, and I am too waiting:xf:
May be because Chroma submitted his/hers early, so it was faster for him. And its still early to say that you are doom :)
Anybody know the schedule of interview? I could not find it on their website.And sofar how many people have been accepted?
Thanks in advance
luxubu

yea I am sure you are still okay. Their next interview is in January and it's still early, you just didn't submitted early enough for the first interview

I submitted mine right before Thanks giving, and I am too waiting:xf:
May be because Chroma submitted his/hers early, so it was faster for him. And its still early to say that you are doom :)
Anybody know the schedule of interview? I could not find it on their website.And sofar how many people have been accepted?
Thanks in advance
luxubu

hey i just know most of the ppl in here had the october interview and they next one is in janurary 22!

you're from sj? lol small world, no im planning to take chem 1b at evergreen, cuz i took 1a at berkeley. I was able to passed out of 1b for other schools like ucsf, uop and usc but for some reason I can't do that for northstate, imma try to email them and get out of it...right now im waitlisted for 1b at evergreen and san jose city

lol i thought u were this dude that took CHem 1B with me at EVC ... congrat on ur acceptance bro ...

hey guys,
i know my application is pretty late than others.
i submitted the app right before the thanksgiving, and they started to mail out in early december (dec 1). Is there anyone in the same boat with me ? have u guys receive any email from CNCP to do the supplemental app ?
Northstate is my only choice for me this year since i did not prepare well for this year application.
Thanks

To who got accepted, did any of you receive any letter about putting in deposit

I just received the interview invitation for January 22nd by email ... I found it strange in a way that this email was supposed to be out on December 2nd because the date was indicated at the top of the email ... but nonetheless ... I will be declining the interview ... so one more spot for some of you who are waiting for the invitation ... good luck!!

anyone going to the jan 22 interview?????????/

I am. Got an interview by email. submit in October. Why are you guys declining the interview? Waste of money submitting the applications. I am going to try my best to see if I get accept although California Northstate is my last choice. My first choice is USC and Western...still waiting for the interview....:D

i just added CNCP to my pharmas designation a few minute ago. do u think i still have chance? the deadline is Jan 5. Please advise. How long should I wait? Thanks.
PS: i have had references and GPA calculated in pharmcas .

I am. Got an interview by email. submit in October. Why are you guys declining the interview? Waste of money submitting the applications. I am going to try my best to see if I get accept although California Northstate is my last choice. My first choice is USC and Western...still waiting for the interview....:D

Good luck to you .... I declined the interview because I already got accepted to another institution ... attending a pre-candidate school is the risk I'm not willing to take .... but I'm confident CNCP would get accredited eventually :thumbup:

could you please tell general , not specific about essay?

Touro gives hints " Review and become familiar with current events in pharmacy. Previous essay topics have included direct involvement of the Pharmacist in patient care, preparation for and response to natural disasters, shortage of critical vaccines, and use of English or Latin abbreviations for prescription instructions." However, I can't find those info on NCCP.

Thanks a lot.

Question... did anyone else receive the academic update for CNCP? Do we need to still do this if we were accepted? I'm totally confused. HELPP

Question... did anyone else receive the academic update for CNCP? Do we need to still do this if we were accepted? I'm totally confused. HELPP

If you are all done with your schooling (that is if you haven't taken any classes this semester) then no. If you are currently taking classes this semester then you must even you have been accepted.