California Northstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
May 9.
Waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

waitlisted............at least I'm not the only one.
I interviewed on the 15th of April and was told that last year they went through the whole waitlist........if thats hope to anyone out there

Yea I got waitlisted and was interviewed on April 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted............at least I'm not the only one.
I interviewed on the 15th of April and was told that last year they went through the whole waitlist........if thats hope to anyone out there

Wow thats encouraging. Is that true? Who told you? Thanks hope we all get in!

Wow thats encouraging. Is that true? Who told you? Thanks hope we all get in!

I wonder how many heads were on the waitlist last year compared to this year, looks like there are a lot more this year based on this forum.

did no one get in from the April interview sessions?

Both me and my friend were placed on the waitlist as well. Interviewed April 15, waitlisted May 9. Definitely had a minimal amount of spots left by the time I interviewed. I wonder how many student they are willing to accept for this upcoming year. Did they already differentiate between high waitlist/waitlist candidates already in the emails? Or are they going to do that at a later date? Good luck to everyone by the way.

Last edited:
Both me and my friend were placed on the waitlist as well. Interviewed April 15, waitlisted May 9. Definitely had a minimal amount of spots left by the time I interviewed. I wonder how many student they are willing to accept for this upcoming year. Did they already differentiate between high waitlist/waitlist candidates already in the emails? Or are they going to do that at a later date? Good luck to everyone by the way.
April 1st.
Waitlisted on May 9th.... What the heck. Seems like everyone from the April interviews are waitlisted.... :/
It is me and 5 other friends from Apr. 1 interview. ALL 6 of us are waitlisted!! Darn this!! o_O

April 1st.
Waitlisted on May 9th.... What the heck. Seems like everyone from the April interviews are waitlisted.... :/
It is me and 5 other friends from Apr. 1 interview. ALL 6 of us are waitlisted!! Darn this!! o_O

I just now heard that by the time that I had my April 15th interview, they offered the majority - if not all - of their open seats at that point in time. I believe the interviews in April were mostly for the waitlist, but not entirely sure. Basically, if you got on the waitlist from April interviews, you're a good candidate. It was probably just that enough spots were not available. Just have to wait at this point in time for people to respond to their admission letters to see if spots open up. Hoping for the best.

Last edited:
So did everyone already receive something from CNCP? is there anyone still waiting?
I was from the April 15th interview and still haven't received any email :(

So did everyone already receive something from CNCP? is there anyone still waiting?
I was from the April 15th interview and still haven't received any email :(

i know someone from the 15th that hasnt heard back yet either.

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was also on April 15th and I'm still waiting.. :(

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear that, but didn't one of the member said that rejection letters will be sent out on monday and accepted and waitlisted will be emailed. Anyways I really want to know if got anyone accepted to CNCP from April interviews, or is it true that April interviews were for the wait list? For all those viewers who got accept from April interviews, please reply. thanks.

Very sorry to hear that, but didn't one of the member said that rejection letters will be sent out on monday and accepted and waitlisted will be emailed. Anyways I really want to know if got anyone accepted to CNCP from April interviews, or is it true that April interviews were for the wait list? For all those viewers who got accept from April interviews, please reply. thanks.

Wow, if it is true that April interviewees were for the wait-list only, the school certainly knows how to mess with people's hope and feeling, especially when it is late in the application cycle already and everyone is anxious.

That's just cruel.

Has anyone been on the waiting list for CNCP before? Are there high, medium or low priority? Email didn't mention anything about it.

Wow, if it is true that April interviewees were for the wait-list only, the school certainly knows how to mess with people's hope and feeling, especially when it is late in the application cycle already and everyone is anxious.

That's just cruel.

Don't worry, I didn't get any interview invite from them, yet they send me an email stating that my application was incomplete because I didn't complete the supplemental which was untrue. Talking about kicking a man while he is down. :scared:

Has anyone been on the waiting list for CNCP before? Are there high, medium or low priority? Email didn't mention anything about it.

ugh... check their web site and theres 9 pages on this thread, read them.

I got an email waitlist notification on May 9 from Gail. My interview was on Apr 15.

I got an email waitlist notification on May 9 from Gail. My interview was on Apr 15.

I am just wondering now... How many people do they have on their waitlist? My interview was March 18 and at that time there were like 12 people.
GOOD LUCK TO US :)

Alot for sho! Forget this cycle I'm getting ready for the next one.

Students that are out of state & minority get priority for last two interview, that because they already accept most of the CA resident.

You can tell the way they recruit after talking to the pharmacy students & learning out where they came from. So that how you create diversity.

whats up guys,

I dropped my seat from CNCP yesterday, so someone on the wait list can get lucky soon ! :thumbup:

-art

whats up guys,

I dropped my seat from CNCP yesterday, so someone on the wait list can get lucky soon ! :thumbup:

-art

Wow thanks for giving us hope :luck::laugh::luck:
Where are you going then? Well... wherever you go GOOD LUCK~! :thumbup:

whats up guys,

-art

Yeah just curious, what are you planning on doing? Are you going to another school or simply reapplying? Thanks! Good Luck where ever you go.

i believe Art is going to UOP.

thats correct, Ill be attending my top choice UOP this coming fall. thank you all and best of luck to you guys one way or the other:thumbup:

regards,

-art

So I talked to my friend. She interviewed on one of the March dates. She got accepted to CNCP and she just recently rejected her admission from CNCP. She is also going to UOP like art!! LoL. 1 more spot for the waitlisted people!!

Also 3 of my friends that are on the waitlist told Gail to take them off the waitlist.
1st Friend- He is going to New Mexico
2nd Friend- He is going to Regis University
3rd Friend- She is going to BOSTON
Less people on the waitlist now!! WooooHOOooo!!

So basically guys that means more HOPE for us!! Keep your head up!! But at the same time keep preparing for the next cycle. Just in case!! ;)

So I talked to my friend. She interviewed on one of the March dates. She got accepted to CNCP and she just recently rejected her admission from CNCP. She is also going to UOP like art!! LoL. 1 more spot for the waitlisted people!!

Also 3 of my friends that are on the waitlist told Gail to take them off the waitlist.
1st Friend- He is going to New Mexico
2nd Friend- He is going to Regis University
3rd Friend- She is going to BOSTON
Less people on the waitlist now!! WooooHOOooo!!

So basically guys that means more HOPE for us!! Keep your head up!! But at the same time keep preparing for the next cycle. Just in case!! ;)

Thanks mang!

Hey all,
I am just curious if they have already ranked WL candidates on categories .... Does someone have some info about this?

Hey all,
I am just curious if they have already ranked WL candidates on categories .... Does someone have some info about this?

Yes the WL is ranked already within the 2 categories (high WL and regular WL). They won't tell you where you are on the WL, but the letter/email they sent you to notify you that you have been placed on the WL should say high WL or regular. And if it just says WL, that means the regular WL. Hope that helps

Yes the WL is ranked already within the 2 categories (high WL and regular WL). They won't tell you where you are on the WL, but the letter/email they sent you to notify you that you have been placed on the WL should say high WL or regular. And if it just says WL, that means the regular WL. Hope that helps

Thanks a lot. I was confused because it says
"The wait list is not ranked until later in the cycle. We rank the wait list in two categories: high waitlist and waitlist. We do not provide a specific number within these categories. The Office of Admissions will send out an electronic announcement to wait list candidates as decisions are made. "
Thats why i thought that they are going to send another email....

Thanks a lot. I was confused because it says
"The wait list is not ranked until later in the cycle. We rank the wait list in two categories: high waitlist and waitlist. We do not provide a specific number within these categories. The Office of Admissions will send out an electronic announcement to wait list candidates as decisions are made. "
Thats why i thought that they are going to send another email....

Yeah, that does sound confusing. I'm sure it has been ranked already since all interviews have been completed, and decisions sent out. They just mean that they will notify you if a spot opens, and you are next on the WL to receive that seat :)

Thanks for sharing this. So my question is does anyone on the waitlist recieved the notified email from CNCP do have the word "HIGH WAITLIST" in there? Please share if you do. Thanks and good luck to all

Thanks for sharing this. So my question is does anyone on the waitlist recieved the notified email from CNCP do have the word "HIGH WAITLIST" in there? Please share if you do. Thanks and good luck to all

keep that hope alive!

hey just wondering for everyone, if you guys started or finished the application process for the loans. Although I'm on the waitlist somehow Northstate approved the loan so it will be disbursed I think? Just wondering where you guys are at in that process and If I should do anything else. Thanks! o btw I did the sallie mae loan

-truwarier37

During the Q & A with Finance and Admissions on interview day, we review the previous year’s acceptance statistics with the candidates. This is all we can offer as a projection on how the 2011-2012 wait list may move.

We interviewed 400 candidates F10 and offered acceptances to 275 of those who attended. The offers included those initially accepted and those who were pulled from the wait list during the 2010-2011 cycle. Candidates on the wait list continued to receive offers of acceptance all the way up to the new student orientation.

This is the email i received from Gail regarding waitlist

I will definitely save your email for your file for the committee’s consideration as the wait list candidates are pulled. We do not disclose the wait list rankings with our candidates.

Best wishes to you this cycle.

Gail in Admissions

CNCP

I wanted to give everyone some hope. I got pulled off of the waitlist today and have been accepted. :)

I wanted to give everyone some hope. I got pulled off of the waitlist today and have been accepted. :)

Congrats! I wish I could get a call too :rolleyes:
Thanks for the update!

Congrats congrats! Can I ask which interview date you had?

Hopefully I get that call up soon.

got an e-mail from northstate:
Have You Applied for Your Loan? URGENT!!

once again... my emotions were played.

I have a room available for anyone interested. New home built last year and room is brand new and unoccupied. You will be living with me (P3), two other adults and two small dogs. $450/month in a 4 bed + 3 bath home. I am a P3 from Sacramento and will help you adjust to life here. Room will have your own tv, queen size bed, study desk if you choose to use it. Requires one month deposit and possible contract. 10-15 minutes away from campus. All entertainment, cookware, etc will be provided.