California Northstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My interview was in March.18 but I haven't received anything from them yet. did everyone interviewed in Mar.18 got letter from them?
;) I think it is a good sign ! It looks like they send rejection letters and waitlist notifications sooner than admission letters. So, sit tight and hope ! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you Hdawg. I did not know that California has its own licensing for techs. I did have to apply for the tech license because I do want to work during the summer though. Once I started looking at housing, I realized how comparible the living is to where I live now. It was in my mind that California was extremely expensive and that I would not survive if my pay were to be cut. I appreciate the advice. Good luck to everyone still interviewing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone congrats to all who got accepted. Anyone know how long we have to do the immunization thing?

Also is anyone looking for a place to live? [email protected] if you want a male roommate or we can try to find a place.

Hi everyone congrats to all who got accepted. Anyone know how long we have to do the immunization thing?

Also is anyone looking for a place to live? [email protected] if you want a male roommate or we can try to find a place.

We have until June 30 to upload our immunization record to MagnusHealth. For TB/Chest xrays, we have to complete within July 1-July 31.

Quoting from my email:
"Thank you for setting up your Immunization Tracker account. If you have not already done so, please begin uploading, faxing or mailing in your records to your Magnus Account. You must complete all requirements by June 30th, except the 2 Step PPD or Chest x-ray requirement. The PPD Skin Tests or Chest x-ray cannot be started UNTIL July 1st and must be completed by July 31st. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] "

Thank you,
Lisa Erck
Registrar

Did anyone apply/take care of their loans yet???

i'm gonna jump on it after i find out if i get accepted/waitlisted. i'm probably gonna go with the edsouth for a year, then use some of my savings.. then hope for accrediation to get federal.
:xf: patiently waiting for a phone call :laugh:

i'm gonna jump on it after i find out if i get accepted/waitlisted. i'm probably gonna go with the edsouth for a year, then use some of my savings.. then hope for accrediation to get federal.
:xf: patiently waiting for a phone call :laugh:

Ok sounds good...good luck while you wait.
Im just curious as to why no one else is responding

Got an e-mail today from CNCP.... but it was just for a survey.
Emotions got played with for a second.

Got an e-mail today from CNCP.... but it was just for a survey.
Emotions got played with for a second.

Yeah I got that email too!! I got all excited for nothing.... :(

When did you interview?

I interviewed on April 1st. Guess I just have to wait another week.... :shrug:

Yeah I got that email too!! I got all excited for nothing.... :(

When did you interview?

I interviewed on April 1st. Guess I just have to wait another week.... :shrug:

haha.. same here... almost had a heart attack :scared::scared:
I interviewed on the 1st as well.
AH~ the agony of waiting
:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

i gave up, lost all hope! i'm already prep'n for the next cycle of applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if they leave a voicemail when they call, or if they also e-mail you an acceptance notice?

Gail left me a message on my cell last year:)
For those that are still on the waiting list, all hope is not lost. Just work to improve your grades and gain more pharmacy experience in the mean time and let the school know about it.
Last year they accepted people 1 week before classes started.
Good luck,

what's taking them soo long... been 3 weeks already

I am still waiting for it...no call yet...

Just a personal anecdote: I was in one of the previous interviews, and I was informed that decisions were going to be made 2-3 weeks after the interview.

Myself and other interviewees did not hear back from them until 4-5 weeks later.

to the current students who attend Northstate do the professors lecture when challenging topics are discussed? or is the entire curriculum based on TBL

Hey Guyz...Join the facebook group for class of 2015 if u haven't yet!!

Have people from the April 1st interview heard anything from CNCP yet?

No. I was in the April 1st interview and haven't heard anything back from them. Let's hope they will start contacting people this week which is the 5th week.

Just wondering if anyone who applied got an e-mail today saying that CNCP didn't receive your supplemental application?

Just wondering if anyone who applied got an e-mail today saying that CNCP didn't receive your supplemental application?
OMG.... I hope you get that figured out!! That is so unprofessional if they do not find your supplemental.... It is already bad that they lagged on replying to us for the interviews..... 4 WEEKs already... And they said they would notify us within 2-3 weeks.... :/

OMG.... I hope you get that figured out!! That is so unprofessional if they do not find your supplemental.... It is already bad that they lagged on replying to us for the interviews..... 4 WEEKs already... And they said they would notify us within 2-3 weeks.... :/
They told our interview group 6-8 weeks when I interviewed at the beginning of the year. It took ~4.5 weeks for them to email out the decisions. Its good that they are trying to have a faster turn around.

I did. But then they sent me another email saying that was an error ("We did, indeed, receive your supplemental application within the timeframe given"). And then they sent me a 3rd email saying "you were not eligible to complete CNCP’s on-line Supplemental Application, based upon your current overall gpa." That is so not true!! What the hell is going on!!!???? :mad: :confused:

I did. But then they sent me another email saying that was an error ("We did, indeed, receive your supplemental application within the timeframe given"). And then they sent me a 3rd email saying "you were not eligible to complete CNCP’s on-line Supplemental Application, based upon your current overall gpa." That is so not true!! What the hell is going on!!!???? :mad: :confused:

maybe they meant to send you an acceptance e-mail, but used the wrong e-mail template instead!

Hi everyone, I just got an email from Ms/Mrs Gail Kubat saying that she will have the decisions from the admissions committee for the April 1st group interview this Friday. The accepted and wait-listed candidates will receive her emails on the following Monday; for those who are denied will be noticed by mail.

Hope this will clarify to all of us who keep waiting and wondering about the result. So GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE :xf::xf::xf:

Thanks for the heads up... Gonna try to not think about it.

Last edited:
to the current students who attend Northstate do the professors lecture when challenging topics are discussed? or is the entire curriculum based on TBL

It depends on the professor. Some professors give "mini lectures". But for classes like pharmacokinetics, we take the IRAT, TRAT, then work on problems as a team... but then we go over the problems as a class so if you're stuck that usually helps. Plus the professor is available during TBL lessons and you could ask them questions. They won't give you the answer but some will guide you in the right direction or if you are totally lost... they'll give you a hint of what you're doing wrong or what you should do. Some professors just listen to you and smile and just let you figure it out on your own lol. Either way, we all end up doing fine.

Also, another school update. The President and Dean went to all classes to make a very important announcement. California Northstate will now be known as CALIFORNIA NORTHSTATE UNIVERSITY :D and he also mentioned how there will be a College of Medicine as well (which we knew already). But just hearing them say it made it so much more official lol.

There's only a few schools who have both a College of Pharmacy and College of Medicine by the way.

Oh and the class of 2012, 2013 and 2014 voted on a mascot and our mascot is the Lion :)

So congrats to all of the newcomers on your acceptance to California Northstate University, College of Pharmacy :thumbup: You're making the right choice, welcome to the pride.

There's only a few schools who have both a College of Pharmacy and College of Medicine by the way.
In CA, the pharmacy schools without a medical school is the minority.

UCSF
UCSD
USC
Loma Linda
Touro
Western

All have medical schools.

Hi everyone, I just got an email from Ms/Mrs Gail Kubat saying that she will have the decisions from the admissions committee for the April 1st group interview this Friday. The accepted and wait-listed candidates will receive her emails on the following Monday; for those who are denied will be noticed by mail.

Hope this will clarify to all of us who keep waiting and wondering about the result. So GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE :xf:

OMG!! Tomorrow is the day... GOOD LUCK TO ALL April 1st INTERVIEWEES~~
:xf::luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf:

It depends on the professor. Some professors give "mini lectures". But for classes like pharmacokinetics, we take the IRAT, TRAT, then work on problems as a team... but then we go over the problems as a class so if you're stuck that usually helps. Plus the professor is available during TBL lessons and you could ask them questions. They won't give you the answer but some will guide you in the right direction or if you are totally lost... they'll give you a hint of what you're doing wrong or what you should do. Some professors just listen to you and smile and just let you figure it out on your own lol. Either way, we all end up doing fine.

That scares me a lil if some of the professors expect you to figure it out on your own.

just got waitlisted. interviewed on April 1st. Question to former students: How likely is it that waitlist students gain admission? Thanks!

just got waitlisted. interviewed on April 1st. Question to former students: How likely is it that waitlist students gain admission? Thanks!

I heard from admissions that one year they went thru all the waitlisted, but I'm not sure how long ago that was and how many people were on the waitlist. It might be different now. I'm already asking for LORs for the next cycle.

I heard from admissions that one year they went thru all the waitlisted, but I'm not sure how long ago that was and how many people were on the waitlist. It might be different now. I'm already asking for LORs for the next cycle.

Thanks pharmhustle. Hope we all get in! It couldnt have been that long ago. There are only three classes currently in this school.

Did any of you guys start the loan process yet? Is it difficult?

Interviewed April 15, waitlisted May 9.
Good luck to all waitlisters.

Did anyone's e-mail say "High Waitlist" or just "Waitlist?"

they said they won't do that until later in the cycle. probably around June I would think. unless I'm wrong. what it say on yours?

So most of us were waitlisted? I wonder who actually got in?