California Northstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it seems that alot of you guys are worried about the financial aid and considering taking a MBA program concurrently. Well here is my input and would like to show my reply to someone who recently asked me about this topic.

The two programs that students are taking are davenport and TUI. Both programs can be completed online. TUI is much more convenient and fits student schedules better but you will get about 5K less per year.(I am a TUI student) I am actually currently taking a break from the masters program because I am starting to find out that it may not be worth it after all. Paying 3K for a 15k loan is a bit pricey. I was only planning on taking the MBA program for as long until our school finds us a better loan option. I use the edsouth loan now and find it better than federal aid at this point because the interest rate is 5%, which is less than federal rate of 6.5%. As an incoming student, I dont think you should really worry about taking an MBA program for financial aid, but rather should take it because you find it beneficial for your career. If you want an MBA program, consider a better school and stay away from the useless online MBA programs and go to a real university.

If you really think about it, you will go through 1 year of private loans and the three years after you will be getting federal aid. Just max out your federal aid and use it to pay off your private loans when they are available.

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering which loan do most students use at Northstate. "Smart Option" seems to have a lower interest rate but is harder for me to apply to because it requires a co-signer . While Ed South seems to have a higher interest rate but has easier requirement. What is your opinion?

I am wondering which loan do most students use at Northstate. "Smart Option" seems to have a lower interest rate but is harder for me to apply to because it requires a co-signer . While Ed South seems to have a higher interest rate but has easier requirement. What is your opinion?

Hey Gordon

I went with Sallie mae smart option. Definitely Ed South is easier to get since the whole thing with the co-signer but in the end the interest rate from my loan is not that much lower. just my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Gordon

I went with Sallie mae smart option. Definitely Ed South is easier to get since the whole thing with the co-signer but in the end the interest rate from my loan is not that much lower. just my opinion.

Did they approve you already? I am still waiting for one of my relative to agree to co-sign, since my family is currently having a relatively large mortgage...

I just got accepted from the waitlist today :soexcited:
If your on the waitlist, don't lose hope. Too bad I lost like 2k for down deposits at other schools :(

seems like you forfeit your seat from LECOM Erie
yea I will be dropping my seat at lecom unless something changes my mind. CNCP was my first choice, and I really want to stay in california.
Did you hear back from lecom? hopefully u'll get accepted to CNCP too.

I just got accepted from the waitlist today :soexcited:
If your on the waitlist, don't lose hope. Too bad I lost like 2k for down deposits at other schools :(

Hi SpellBreaker,

Congratuations. May I ask you when was your interview date? I am on the waitlist too and I really want to go to CNCP.

Hi SpellBreaker,

Congratuations. May I ask you when was your interview date? I am on the waitlist too and I really want to go to CNCP.
Thanks. My interview was on March 18th.

yea I will be dropping my seat at lecom unless something changes my mind. CNCP was my first choice, and I really want to stay in california.
Did you hear back from lecom? hopefully u'll get accepted to CNCP too.

No I haven't heard from them still. And did we flew the same plane to Detroit after the lecom interview?

Thanks. My interview was on March 18th.

Did you apply for the loan before of after your acceptance? CNCP ask the waitlist to apply for the loan but when I tried Sallie Mae I didn't get approval, they ask for a cosigner.
I wonder whether or not CNCP will give priority to the waitlists that had the loan approved???.

Yea we did fly on the same airplane to Detroit after the LECOM interview. Man, that was one long flight back to California.

I applied to the Edsouth loan two days before I got the acceptance email. I tried applying to the Sallie Mae the same day I received the acceptance email, but I didn't get approved either :( I need a cosigner with a high credit score. So I don't think any priority is given to people who have their loans approved already.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea we did fly on the same airplane to Detroit after the LECOM interview. Man, that was one long flight back to California.

I applied to the Edsouth loan two days before I got the acceptance email. I tried applying to the Sallie Mae the same day I received the acceptance email, but I didn't get approved either :( I need a cosigner with a high credit score. So I don't think any priority is given to people who have their loans approved already.

Same situation, except I didn't even apply to the sallie mae loan. My relative doesn't want to be my co-signer lol... anyways, congratz on your acceptance

Same situation, except I didn't even apply to the sallie mae loan. My relative doesn't want to be my co-signer lol... anyways, congratz on your acceptance

hey gordon. i did get approved for sallie mae. just waiting on that acceptance email...

Reminder to those who have already accepted admission to any school. Call other schools who may have offered admission and tell them that you will not be attending. This is only courteous to those on the wait list.

The $5000 seat commitment fee is due by July 1st, so chances are there are probably going to be at least a few seats that open up in early July. Good luck! :)

Did you guys get the email about the change in orientation dates and when school is starting? man my heart stopped again. I just want to get a seat already...lol

Did you guys get the email about the change in orientation dates and when school is starting? man my heart stopped again. I just want to get a seat already...lol

I got the same email. I wonder what it really means for us who are on the waitlist.

OMG.. almost had a heart attack too:eek:
URGH... i guess that means that people who already got in but delayed on receiving their loans have more of a buffer zone... leaving the wait-listed people to wait longer.... :beat:

Anyone else in the wait-list heard anything ..... ????

what is the deadline for applying for loans?

not sure on deadlines but can someone givem that info?
all i know is you probably should apply even if youre on the waitlist so you can be funded as soon as school starts. i would assume if you arent approved in time that wouldnt be good...

Did you guys got background check email?

"Conditional Acceptance Background Check Consent Request"
thru Certiphi Screening?

Looks legit after additional research.

Last edited:
"Conditional Acceptance Background Check Consent Request"
thru Certiphi Screening?

Looks legit after additional research.

Hi Tinas and Pharmhustle, are you both on the waitlist and got the email asking for background check today? Does that mean you will be accepted soon after passing the background check?
On the previous emails notifying of your waitlist status, did any of you got the emails with "High waitlist"? It's been July and it seems like there are not much waitlisted people got accepted this year compare to last year :( my hope is going down.

Last edited:
Hi Tinas and Pharmhustle, are you both on the waitlist and got the email asking for background check today? Does that mean you will be accepted soon after passing the background check?
On the previous emails notifying of your waitlist status, did any of you got the emails with "High waitlist"? It's been July and it seems like there are not much waitlisted people got accepted this year compare to last year :( my hope is going down.

I dont know what does that means. I hope its a good sign. I did not get any email regarding the "high waitlist".

I dont know what does that means. I hope its a good sign. I did not get any email regarding the "high waitlist".

I hope so too, when did your interview?

Did you guys got background check email?

Did you get it today I mean wed. july 6th?! IF so, can I ask what is your GPA and if you have any pharmacy experience? Im on the wait list too and I was just thinking maybe they have been ranking the wait-list based on GPA and how we did in the interview.....Mine is 3.4 but I have seen that most people with 3.5 GPA have been accepted from the wait-list....

Did you get it today I mean wed. july 6th?! IF so, can I ask what is your GPA and if you have any pharmacy experience? Im on the wait list too and I was just thinking maybe they have been ranking the wait-list based on GPA and how we did in the interview.....Mine is 3.4 but I have seen that most people with 3.5 GPA have been accepted from the wait-list....

my GPA is lower.

I received the background check too, but it was earlier from a school that I have been accepted to. Chances are, if you receive the background check, it probably means you have been accepted to one of the schools. I wonder if I have received the check, would Northstate send me another one or it's one check for all the schools.

date: Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 5:05 PM
subject: FROM CALIFORNIA NORTHSTATE COLLEGE OF PHARMACY TO OUR ACCEPTED CANDIDATE
mailed-by: calpharm.org

Congratulations on your acceptance into the Doctor of Pharmacy program at California Northstate College of Pharmacy. I know this is an exciting time and I look forward to helping you with the process of joining our College.
We are thrilled you wish to pursue your Doctor of Pharmacy education with our College and look forward to having you as a new student in fall 2011.

Sincerely,
Gail Kubat

Admissions Advisor
California Northstate College of Pharmacy

I am away from the office and was not able to update the attached acceptance letter and F11 Seat Commitment Fee Form to the new deadline - July 14, 2011. We discovered the letters of acceptance we attempted to send you on 7/5/11 may have not been delivered. Please accept our apology and congratulations on your acceptance!

Last edited:
subject: FROM CALIFORNIA NORTHSTATE COLLEGE OF PHARMACY TO OUR ACCEPTED CANDIDATE

Congratulations on your acceptance into the Doctor of Pharmacy program at California Northstate College of Pharmacy. I know this is an exciting time and I look forward to helping you with the process of joining our College.
We are thrilled you wish to pursue your Doctor of Pharmacy education with our College and look forward to having you as a new student in fall 2011.

Sincerely,
Gail Kubat

Admissions Advisor

Congratulations Pharmhustle,

So you got the email requesting background check yesterday and receive the acceptance email today? that's awesome. I hope next will be me :xf:. Oh, btw, when did your interview? Mine was April 1st. And did you apply for the loan? which one have you applied for?

Congratulations Pharmhustle,

So you got the email requesting background check yesterday and receive the acceptance email today? that's awesome. I hope next will be me :xf:. Oh, btw, when did your interview? Mine was April 1st. And did you apply for the loan? which one have you applied for?

i submitted my app last date in feb
interviewed apr 1st
waitlisted mid may
applied for edsouth in june
request for background check yesterday
acceptance email today, but apparently a letter was suppose to go out 2 days ago.

i submitted my app last date in feb
interviewed apr 1st
waitlisted mid may
applied for edsouth in june
request for background check yesterday
acceptance email today, but apparently a letter was suppose to go out 2 days ago.

congratulation, I am so happy for you. I got background check long time ago but havent get the acceptation letter yet. :( My interview was on March 18th.

congratulation, I am so happy for you. I got background check long time ago but havent get the acceptation letter yet. :( My interview was on March 18th.

how long ago did you get that background check?

Sincerely,
Gail Kubat

Admissions Advisor

COoOngratsssss!!!!

Hi all,

I just got the acceptance email yesterday afternoon, yeaaaaaaaah :D. Good luck to other waitlisters :xf:

rmlc,

Were you on "high waitlist" or "waitlist" before you got the acceptance email yesterday? I heard some people said there are 2 separate lists but not sure if its true or not.

Thank you and congratssss!!!!

Hi all,

I just got the acceptance email yesterday afternoon, yeaaaaaaaah :D. Good luck to other waitlisters :xf:

COoOngratSsS rmlc!!!!.... may I ask when was your interview date? Also, did you email them regarding your wait-list status or not?! I really really really really wanna go to CNCP..... wait-listed since FEB :O(

COoOngratSsS rmlc!!!!.... may I ask when was your interview date? Also, did you email them regarding your wait-list status or not?! I really really really really wanna go to CNCP..... wait-listed since FEB :O(

Thank you, My interview was on April, 1st. After I received the email notified my status as a waitlist in May, I did email them asking what should I do to improve my status but I got a reply saying that they think I am a "well rounded candidate" and don't need to do anything for now. Since that, I kept waiting and praying :).
Keep the hope up, I wish you and all the waitlisters who really really want to go to CNCP will get accepted. Good luck :xf::xf::xf:

rmlc,

Were you on "high waitlist" or "waitlist" before you got the acceptance email yesterday? I heard some people said there are 2 separate lists but not sure if its true or not.

Thank you and congratssss!!!!

Thanks, I was also concerned and curious to know if any one received email stating "high waitlist". I posted my question earlier on this thread too but nobody answer, so I don't know. Mine just said "waitlist". I will cross my fingers for you and other wailisters :xf::xf::xf::xf:

I am now looking for housing aound CNCP, would any current students and accepted students of class 2015 please give me some information or PM me if you have available room for share. Thanksss

Hi everyone,

I'm sure most of you already got approval for either one of the financial aids... How long did it take for you to get notified the approval/denial after you submitted your application?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm sure most of you already got approval for either one of the financial aids... How long did it take for you to get notified the approval/denial after you submitted your application?

Thanks!
I got notified immediately after I submitted my application and they said they will send me a letter within a week!

I got notified immediately after I submitted my application and they said they will send me a letter within a week!

thanks for the quick response... may I ask was it Sallie Mae or Ed South?

Thanks!