California DPT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just wanted to update on my current situation. got accepted to USA san marcos and got interviews for west coast, western, CSUF, UCSF, and UOP.
im still anxiously waiting to hear back from Chapman, CSULB, and CSUN
Did you hear back from UOP by any chance, if you got in? šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

That is a tough question! I'm fortunate to be from the Bay, so it's hard to pass up the proximity and lower COL (at least for me) by choosing UCSF. They also have great research and academic opportunities. But I'd also consider CSULB for the same.
Is CSULBā€™s DPT Program better than CSUNā€™s in your opinion?

Was just placed on the waitlist for West Coast University. They said the would let us know in two weeks what my rank is.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email a couple of days ago that I have an interview at West Coast on the 22nd. Anyone have any tips for the interview? Also, how was the meet n greet?

Was just placed on the waitlist for West Coast University. They said the would let us know in two weeks what my rank is.
I was waitlisted as well but I just declined it as I just received my acceptance to Western U- Oregon campus which I'm going to accept. I hope that helps someone in this group somehow!

Last edited:
Got off the waitlist at CSULB. For those on the waitlist, donā€™t give up hope !

Reactions: 4 users
Deadline was Feb 24th! I got off the 17th of Feb so still very early !!
Sweet thanks! Iā€™ve noticed that they send out waitlist admissions the day after the deadline, so Iā€™m anxiously waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get off the waitlist at Western University
Nope, I didnā€™t. I emailed Michael and he said people on the waitlist would likely hear back in April if thereā€™s open seats because they have more interviews in March.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone that has received acceptances/rejections from CSUN?

Anyone that has received acceptances/rejections from CSUN?
Nope, still anxiously waiting. Iā€™m kind of confused about their timeline because thereā€™s people on the thread that got accepted already but Iā€™m assuming most of us havenā€™t heard anything yet

Reactions: 1 users
Nope, still anxiously waiting. Iā€™m kind of confused about their timeline because thereā€™s people on the thread that got accepted already but Iā€™m assuming most of us havenā€™t heard anything yet
Exactly! I'm confused too, but makes me think they're sending the rejection letters all at once on Feb 26th :/

Exactly! I'm confused too, but makes me think they're sending the rejection letters all at once on Feb 26th :/
I havenā€™t seen anyone say they have been waitlisted yet for CSUN, so thereā€™s still hope that we could be waitlisted instead of rejected!

Iā€™m super nervous as well! But Iā€™ve seen that some people have been either accepted or rejected by CSUN, so I donā€™t think theyā€™re necessarily sending all the rejections on that day? Stay positive!

Hi everyone!
This is my first time posting on here! I just wanted to stay in the loop for this application cycle.

Applied: Chapman (fall), CSUN and USC residential program
Accepted: Chapman (fall)
Haven't heard from: CSUN or USC
Update: Got a rejection email from USC on 2/19 but still haven't heard anything from CSUN

Accepted to UoP via email on 2/17. Interviewed on 1/29

Accepted to UoP via email on 2/17. Interviewed on 1/29
Thanks for the update and congratulations!! šŸ˜Š

If you dont mind me asking, when was the deadline for you to make your decision / put down a deposit?

If you dont mind me asking, when was the deadline for you to make your decision / put down a deposit?
Thanks! The deadline to put down a deposit to accept a spot was 2 weeks from the day of the admission email.

Have you heard back yet? Your interview was on the 29th as well right?

Have you heard back yet? Your interview was on the 29th as well right?
Unfortunately, I haven't heard back yet. Kind of discouraging but it's okay! I remember seeing someone get accepted in late April, so maybe there is still hope. I just wish I had a notification of whether or not I am on the waitlist or rejected šŸ˜…

Is CSULBā€™s DPT Program better than CSUNā€™s in your opinion?
No, I think they're both solid programs! It's just a location preference for me (if I had the choice). I'm still waiting to hear from both of those programs šŸ˜£

If anyone on here will be attending Fresno State University and wants to create a group chat let me know:)

CSUN waitlist #'s are out! I'm #69. I got the email at 1:00 am PST.

** Note: A friend told me, they stopped around maybe #99 last year. I hope the trend continues šŸ˜­šŸ™

Reactions: 2 users

** Note: A friend told me, they stopped around maybe #99 last year. I hope the trend continues šŸ˜­šŸ™
Wow congrats! I havenā€™t received anything šŸ˜­

Congrats! Havenā€™t received anything yet, but do you or your friend know how far deep they go into the waitlists to accept people?

Congrats! Havenā€™t received anything yet, but do you or your friend know how far deep they go into the waitlists to accept people?
Iā€™ve heard they go pretty deep into the waitlist since theyā€™re one of the latest schools to send out decisions!

One of my friends was #83 on CSUNs waitlist last year and ended up getting accepted (then declined), so they definitely seem to go pretty deep... I am most likely going to give up my spot there this year as well!

Am I the only one freaking out that I havenā€™t heard from CSUN yet? They already started sending out the waitlist so Iā€™m worried Iā€™m just waiting for a rejection.

Am I the only one freaking out that I havenā€™t heard from CSUN yet? They already started sending out the waitlist so Iā€™m worried Iā€™m just waiting for a rejection.
Yeah I feel it. I havenā€™t heard anything either, but Iā€™m honestly at that point where whatever happens happens šŸ™ƒ

You are not alone, I'm also pretty anxious and waiting to hear back from them. Just trying to stay positive and telling myself perhaps they just haven't fully filled out the waitlist.

No, you are definitely not alone. I havenā€™t heard anything from them either. Pretty nerve wrecking.

My friend (@nattachai) only told me about our friend's circumstance last year. I just found out we were both lurking on this form haha

However I've been lurking through other forums from past years to see how deep CSUN goes down the waitlist. I've read that it depends on the year. One year someone said it went all the way to #175. Another person mentioned they almost reached the very end of the waitlist. Last year it happen to end around #99. Overall though, they do go very deep.

There is hope guys!

**EDIT:
Also it's a bit odd that I am the only one confirmed on this forum for now. They may be doing it in batches or something. So keep your head up for now!

Last edited:
On the waitlist. Did you hear back?
Yeah! I just got the email (at 4:30pm PST). I am also waitlisted. However I don't think I am likely to get in since I am placed right in the "Middle 50%" LOL