California DPT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waiting on USC:(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Update: accepting a seat for USC, while waiting to see if I get off of the CSULB high tier waitlist! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone!

First time poster, long-time lurker during this looong application process. Contributing to this thread in case anyone wants to hear about my experiences with the CA schools I applied to now or in the future!

Offered: UCSF/SFSU (and accepted)
Waitlisted: Chapman Fall, CSULB (high tier)

Reactions: 2 users
Update: accepting a seat for USC, while waiting to see if I get off of the CSULB high tier waitlist! :)
Congrats!! You must be so relieved and proud! One question, so I’m planning to pay my deposit for a school out of state because their deadline is coming up and I’m also waiting to hear back from schools in California, kind of similar to your situation. Do you know if the schools that I applied to would know that I accepted the offer, and would it effect my chances getting into their school?

Not sure if you or anyone knows how that specific process works. It’s kind of making me nervous because staying in California is what I prefer. But I also don’t want to miss an opportunity that another school is offering me.

Hi everyone!

First time poster, long-time lurker during this looong application process. Contributing to this thread in case anyone wants to hear about my experiences with the CA schools I applied to now or in the future!

Offered: UCSF/SFSU (and accepted)
Waitlisted: Chapman Fall, CSULB (high tier)
Congrats! I’m waitlisted for UCSF/SFSU’s program. Is UCSF your top choice? Or are you waiting to hear back from your top choice?

Also, if anyone was recently taken off the waitlist for the UCSF/SFSU program, please let me know! I want to keep hoping to be taken off but it’s so hard to 😭 but I’m also trying to be open-minded about the other schools

Anyone else hasn’t heard back from Loma Linda since their interview?

Congrats!! You must be so relieved and proud! One question, so I’m planning to pay my deposit for a school out of state because their deadline is coming up and I’m also waiting to hear back from schools in California, kind of similar to your situation. Do you know if the schools that I applied to would know that I accepted the offer, and would it effect my chances getting into their school?

Not sure if you or anyone knows how that specific process works. It’s kind of making me nervous because staying in California is what I prefer. But I also don’t want to miss an opportunity that another school is offering me.
I put the deposit down to make sure id be going somewhere! I’d put the deposit down if you’re willing to go to that school in case you don’t get into the one in California, but I’d only put it down if you can see yourself going there potentially! I don’t think schools contact each other either

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I’m waitlisted for UCSF/SFSU’s program. Is UCSF your top choice? Or are you waiting to hear back from your top choice?

UCSF is definitely my top choice! There is one school that still hasn't gotten back to me (UW), but even if I was offered admission I would likely decline.

Just declined my seat at UCSF SFSU
Hope it goes to a great candidate.

For the people who got into Western University, how many days did they give you to accept or decline your acceptance?

For the people who got into Western University, how many days did they give you to accept or decline your acceptance?
I was accepted on January 22nd and they gave me until February 5th to make my decision.

For those who interviewed with UCSF/CSUSF, what was the interview like? What were some questions asked? Curious as I plan to apply in 2021-2022.

For those who interviewed with UCSF/CSUSF, what was the interview like? What were some questions asked? Curious as I plan to apply in 2021-2022.
I honestly liked how my interviewers carried the interview! I got asked the basic questions: Why do did you choose PT?, Why did you apply to our school?, What’s a time you were overwhelmed with something and how did you manage it?, Tell me about yourself...questions like that. It was a faculty member and 3rd year DPT student who interviewed me.

I liked how they genuinely made it a conversation and they actually responded to your answers. A tip I would give is to look up a professor on the UCSFs PT website (someone that you genuinely have an interest in) and get familiar with their research, and weave that into your answers during your interview. It shows that you’re genuinely interested in the program.

Hi everyone!
This is my first time posting on here! I just wanted to stay in the loop for this application cycle.

Applied: Chapman (fall), CSUN and USC residential program
Accepted: Chapman (fall)
Haven't heard from: CSUN or USC

Just got an email from West Coast, I got an interview! Any tips from those who interviewed with them? What questions did you get asked?

For the people who got accepted to west coast, how long did you wait to here back from them with a decision?

Just got an email from West Coast, I got an interview! Any tips from those who interviewed with them? What questions did you get asked
I think we were all asked different things. But they started off saying tell us a bit about about you self, why pt, and why west coast. They askedy friend how you manage stress. The questions I got was tell a story of how you had to adapt to a certain situation, culture, or person fast, how do you handle when you feel a teachers grading or way the teach is to your liking, when was a time that someone didn’t like you or you had a disagreement with it and how did you handle it, I think there may have been one more but I can’t remember

I think we were all asked different things. But they started off saying tell us a bit about about you self, why pt, and why west coast. They askedy friend how you manage stress. The questions I got was tell a story of how you had to adapt to a certain situation, culture, or person fast, how do you handle when you feel a teachers grading or way the teach is to your liking, when was a time that someone didn’t like you or you had a disagreement with it and how did you handle it, I think there may have been one more but I can’t remember
Thank you! Do you know when you'll hear back from them?

To those of you accepted at CSULB - what was the deadline they gave for you to accept your seat? Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a phone call from UCSF/SFSU; off the waitlist and offered admission!

Reactions: 8 users
I got into Fresno State! I will be accepting the offer.

I got into fresno!!! Just accepted my offer. Will be withdrawing my llu app

Last edited:
Has anyone tried calling USC or MSMU about when they might send out more decisions?

I was accepted in November. I had until January 15th to accept. It may be different now since the 15th has passed?

I was waitlisted =(

If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats and extracurriculars?
Don't lose hope!

cGPA: 3.5
pGPA: 4.0
Observation hours: 200+ (2 Outpatient Clinic)
GRE: 149V/152Q/4.0A

Congratulations! I'm not sure if there is a FB Group That would be a good idea to have.
They'll probably make one after the acceptances have stabilized. But I can't wait to meet you and everyone that has been accepted. Congrats to you as well!:)

Has anyone tried calling USC or MSMU about when they might send out more decisions?
I attended a webinar for MSMU and they said the second batch of acceptances are rolling out next week.

Just got an acceptance from MSMU!

Has anyone heard back from Sacramento State yet?
I heard back awhile ago that I was rejected, but I think that it could have been because I didn’t have inpatient hours so they might not have sent out normal notifications yet.

I heard back awhile ago that I was rejected, but I think that it could have been because I didn’t have inpatient hours so they might not have sent out normal notifications yet.
Ohh, sorry to hear that /: I interviewed two Saturdays ago and they said they would get back to everyone within two weeks so I was just wondering if anyone had heard back yet after their interview.