California DPT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome! Did you get an email or did they call you? And do you know what time the interview is at?
I attached a pic of what they said in the email.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 9353A5C7-C340-45F8-A639-AA10B999E0EF.png
    9353A5C7-C340-45F8-A639-AA10B999E0EF.png
    252.7 KB · Views: 159
Can I ask how early you applied to APU?
I submitted my application on October 6th. They emailed me Nov 12th saying that their spring 2021 cohort was full but they gave me the option of rolling my application over for the cohort starting in Jan 2022, which I did. I’m no longer interested tho since I’ll be going to CSULB.

Anyone has heard from USC yet recently? I applied last October, and has not heard anything back from them... I was offered acceptance to UCSF in January and have already put down the deposit, but still hoping to hear some good news from USC...

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone has heard from USC yet recently? I applied last October, and has not heard anything back from them... I was offered acceptance to UCSF in January and have already put down the deposit, but still hoping to hear some good news from USC...
One of my friends was accepted last Wednesday! I’m not sure if she was on a waitlist or not though

Reactions: 1 user
Would you choose USC over UCSF?

Reactions: 1 users
Would you choose USC over UCSF?
yes.... SF is too close to my family, and the tuition is not a big issue for me, I love have larger cohorts.:) and USC would provide opportunities for me to get experience in sports setting...so I’m prone to choose USC..

I got put on the waitlist for SDSU. I was wondering if anyone else has been placed on the waitlist and heard anything more? Also for anyone who has been accepted to SDSU how long do they give you to put down a deposit and reserve your spot?

I got put on the waitlist for SDSU. I was wondering if anyone else has been placed on the waitlist and heard anything more? Also for anyone who has been accepted to SDSU how long do they give you to put down a deposit and reserve your spot?
Do you mind sharing your stats?

just got off the waitlist for csulb!! good luck to everyone who’s still waiting to hear back!!

I’m #24 on West Coast University’s waitlist. Anyone know how deep they go into the waitlist usually?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m #24 on West Coast University’s waitlist. Anyone know how deep they go into the waitlist usually?
How did you find out your waitlist#? Did you email them because I never got a notice about it?

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
i don’t mind sharing! but honestly i don’t think it had to do with my stats really, since they’re pretty average. after i got on the high tier waitlist, i was pretty persistent in showing them that i really want to attend their program and would choose their school over other ones, so i think that’s what might’ve done it? i’m not too sure though

major: psych from UCI
overall gpa: 3.5
prereq gpa: 3.8
GRE: 151Q/153V/4.5 AW
LORs: 2 PTs and 1 from anatomy prof
hours: ~600 outpatient ~150 inpatient
part of various clubs/nonprofit groups/community service

i don’t mind sharing! but honestly i don’t think it had to do with my stats really, since they’re pretty average. after i got on the high tier waitlist, i was pretty persistent in showing them that i really want to attend their program and would choose their school over other ones, so i think that’s what might’ve done it? i’m not too sure though

major: psych from UCI
overall gpa: 3.5
prereq gpa: 3.8
GRE: 151Q/153V/4.5 AW
LORs: 2 PTs and 1 from anatomy prof
hours: ~600 outpatient ~150 inpatient
part of various clubs/nonprofit groups/community service
Did you send them a letter of intent?

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats?
Graduated from CSULB
3.4 pre req GPA
3.52 overall GPA
1200 hours as a PT aide in outpatient (two separate clinics)
200 hours as a volunteer in outpatient (two separate clinics)
Was in a Pre PT club in college but other than that, not many extracurriculars.
Stayed in contact with a DPT professor from Azusa for about a year so I think that helped me get the interview!

Graduated from CSULB
3.4 pre req GPA
3.52 overall GPA
Stayed in contact with a DPT professor from Azusa for about a year so I think that helped me get the interview!
Thats awesome! May I ask in what ways you stayed in contact with a professor? Like did you just email them questions every now and then?

I have my apu interview on 3/26. Has anyone done their interview yet? If so, what kind of questions do they ask and any tips?

Thats awesome! May I ask in what ways you stayed in contact with a professor? Like did you just email them questions every now and then?
Ya so the PT I worked under was good friends with one of the DPT professors from Azusa and so he got in contact with him and asked if he could talk with me about their program. So after that phone call with the professor where I got to ask a bunch of questions, I made sure to email him about once a month and ask him a question, ask how he’s doing, just so he remembers my name! Cause he also works with the admissions people!

Graduated from CSULB
3.4 pre req GPA
3.52 overall GPA
Did you also have high GRE scores?

Has anyone heard from CSULB about the waitlist, or know someone who has? Thanks!

For those of you that had an interview for APU today, can you guys explain some of the questions that they asked?

Does anyone here know about the GRE scoring options? I've heard somewhere that you can send schools your scores from different tests. For example, you can use your verbal score from one exam and your quant score from a different exam. Is that true?? If so, where can I find more information on this and how can I do it?

For those of you that had an interview for APU today, can you guys explain some of the questions that they asked?
Honestly basic questions! Why Pt, strengths and weaknesses, why APU! They were super friendly!

Reactions: 1 users
I sent an email to CSUN a week ago and have not received an update on the waitlist status. However, I just realized that they are probably on spring break. So offices may be closed. We probably will hear back this week or the following week... hopefully

Just received an acceptance from st. augustine 4/8 and had my interview 4/6. Did anyone else get an acceptance today?

I was just offered a spot for Chapman’s summer cohort, but already accepted a spot with a WesternU. Really having trouble deciding what to do. Any advice?

I was just offered a spot for Chapman’s summer cohort, but already accepted a spot with a WesternU. Really having trouble deciding what to do. Any advice?
Honestly I would go with Chapman but that’s just because during my interview with Western they were kinda rude and I got bad vibes. But totally up to you, I’m pretty sure Chapman is more money too

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats?
I had an overall GPA of 3.52 and a pre req GPA of 3.1-3.4 depending on the school. My GRE scores were 148V 153Q and 4.0W. I had over 1000 hours as a PT Aide. No inpatient hours.

Has anyone heard back from CSUN? They have not been returning emails. :(

Just got off the waitlist for CSUN! 😭

Reactions: 2 users
Just got admitted to USC last Thursday, wow so late. Anyone have suggestions about choosing USC or UCSF?