CA Northstate Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's a positive.

Members don't see this ad.

Three things are alarming:

1. If you study Sullivan, Jefferson, they started to do interviews early, but nobody has been accepted officially nor received an acceptance letter in the mail YET because the school needs to get an official letter from ACPE stating that they have pre-cand status. How can CNCP send acceptance letters?

I think they can accept student but cannot enroll them because of status, keep their money and refund it if they get don't pre-candidate status at a certain time

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Shikamaru,
Yeah I remember them mentioned the rotation sites and something about doing rotations at UC- Davis' med center..did they mention that to you??

I would confirm this by contacting UCD or ACPE. The UCs are known to protect its name.

Hilo got their precand last year, thats fine.
I am assuming you didn't get acceptance from Jefferson before jefferson got pre-cand ( offically in the mail at least, did u? I know for a fact nobody got one from Sullivan

I am speculating that Sullivan waited till they have all the applications in by January 31, so if your application is incomplete, you cannot be considered for the inaugural class. This way they are selecting the first batch of student that meet the requirement but may lack certain area....

I would confirm this by contacting UCD or ACPE. The UCs are known to protect its name.
Oh thanks for the heads up BMB, I'll look into all this (by calling and stuff) and get back to all you folks. That sounds good. This SDN is addicting...haha

If you have any questions, contact the ACPE directly: [email protected]

This may be one of the most important decisions of your life so take your time and learn about the school before you make any decisions. ACPE has gotten a lot tougher. I talked to a faculty from USC last year and he told me that although the school is well established, USC still have to work extra hard when the ACPE visit the school because of the new higher standards.

If you have any questions, contact the ACPE directly: [email protected]

This may be one of the most important decisions of your life so take your time and learn about the school before you make any decisions. ACPE has gotten a lot tougher. I talked to a faculty from USC last year and he told me that although the school is well established, USC still have to work extra hard when the ACPE visit the school because of the new higher standards.

Good point, I did want to bring this up about ACPE and them not giving accreditation for school that are slacking off...why not work for a brighter future? :thumbup: seriously :rolleyes:

Aight hotshot what schools you got into then? So far I have USC, UOP and NORTHSTATE.

Are you claiming to have been accepted to USC and UOP. That is strange because on the same day (Jan. 26, 2008) you posted this, you also posted:

how people do you think UOP has offered admissions to so far???? I still have not heard from them yet. I recieved a letter about my decision being deferred back in the fall but havn't heard ever since.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=6140081#post6140081

So I contacted UCD's Pharmaceutical Department and they will contact me back....Let all you know once they do!

hey guys, thanks everyone for all your info....I wish I can get into one of these pharmacy schools anywhere!

Shik and pdang, and whoever else got accepted to CNCP, can you please tell me when your interview was and when you got the offer (how long after) so I can have a time estimate??? Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
1. I heard from a reliable source that that they should not ask for a deposit until they have pre-cand. Sullivan and Jefferson both waited till after ACPE meeting just to mail acceptances.

2. I'd be careful about the promises that they make. HICP also made many promises. 80 students is a lot of rotations to find. I interviewed at Pacific U, who actually hired the rotation coordiantor from the other Oregon school in order to try to gain more contacts. But, that still remains a problem as a lot of their students will have to travel 100 miles from rotation to rotation eventhough the state has only 2 schools. Again, unfortunatly most of the prestigious sites are occupied by the other 7 schools in Cali. I heard Touro students have some not so good sites too.

hey guys, thanks everyone for all your info....I wish I can get into one of these pharmacy schools anywhere!

Shik and pdang, and whoever else got accepted to CNCP, can you please tell me when your interview was and when you got the offer (how long after) so I can have a time estimate??? Thank you! :)
Hey RXist,
I was wondering, did you apply there? My interview was about a week ago..and they said they would let us know within a week or so.

Hey RXist,
I was wondering, did you apply there? My interview was about a week ago..and they said they would let us know within a week or so.

i did not get a respond yet from the school. my interview was on 01/18/2008 at 12:30pm. my interview last for 30 to 35 mins.

Hey RXist. My friend and my interview were both on 1/28. We were both accepted on 1/30.

To pdang:
I am sorry but there might be a chance you got waitlisted since you still haven't heard back. The Dean specifically said to my group that acceptances will be mailed out within a week, and if you don't hear from them it might be because you got waitlisted.

Don't feel discouraged though, I mean I am sure a lot of people will decline because personally, I feel like being a Charter Class is very much like being an entrepreneur and opening up your own business. And the fact is that most people don't have the capacity to do that (due to fear, negativity, etc. etc.), and that includes me. If pharmacy is your dream, do NOT give up! I think a key ingredient to a successful Charter Class is the mentality that CNCP is NOT a second rate school. Obviously there are lots of negative comments since the school doesn't even have its pre-candidate status yet, but you know, come June, come next year, I am sure the outside perception will be very different (assuming that CNCP does get accredited, that is).

In the meantime, good luck to you. I might be one of those people who gives up their spot too so yeah. CNCP needs to SERIOUSLY sell itself like crazy in the next few months to come, and I think the first step is for them to really update their website and make it look super professional and stuff. Oh and yes... need info on the rotation sites. ASAP. :idea: :laugh:

Hey RXist. My friend and my interview were both on 1/28. We were both accepted on 1/30.

To pdang:
I am sorry but there might be a chance you got waitlisted since you still haven't heard back. The Dean specifically said to my group that acceptances will be mailed out within a week, and if you don't hear from them it might be because you got waitlisted.

Don't feel discouraged though, I mean I am sure a lot of people will decline because personally, I feel like being a Charter Class is very much like being an entrepreneur and opening up your own business. And the fact is that most people don't have the capacity to do that (due to fear, negativity, etc. etc.), and that includes me. If pharmacy is your dream, do NOT give up! I think a key ingredient to a successful Charter Class is the mentality that CNCP is NOT a second rate school. Obviously there are lots of negative comments since the school doesn't even have its pre-candidate status yet, but you know, come June, come next year, I am sure the outside perception will be very different (assuming that CNCP does get accredited, that is).

In the meantime, good luck to you. I might be one of those people who gives up their spot too so yeah. CNCP needs to SERIOUSLY sell itself like crazy in the next few months to come, and I think the first step is for them to really update their website and make it look super professional and stuff. Oh and yes... need info on the rotation sites. ASAP. :idea: :laugh:
thanks for the info i will keep my head high.

Thanks kpunk and shik...You guys got accepted so quick, just 2 days! Congratulations on all of your acceptances! My interview was also on 1/18/08 and I haven't heard anything yet either pdang :( This really sucks, pretty upsetting...

thanks for the info i will keep my head high.
Shikamaru! You said it well.
To Pdang,
Yeah definitely keep your head up, I still have rejection letters flowing in my mail box..and it sucks. Be strong buddy! Wish you the best

Hey guys, I thought the dean said they'd be sending the decision by regular mail, they're sending e-mails?

Hey RXist
I thought that too, but I received an email instead...kinda weird..but it said that a letter should be mailed out...I'm not sure yet.

1. I heard from a reliable source that that they should not ask for a deposit until they have pre-cand. Sullivan and Jefferson both waited till after ACPE meeting just to mail acceptances.

2. I'd be careful about the promises that they make. HICP also made many promises. 80 students is a lot of rotations to find. I interviewed at Pacific U, who actually hired the rotation coordiantor from the other Oregon school in order to try to gain more contacts. But, that still remains a problem as a lot of their students will have to travel 100 miles from rotation to rotation eventhough the state has only 2 schools. Again, unfortunatly most of the prestigious sites are occupied by the other 7 schools in Cali. I heard Touro students have some not so good sites too.
SteveySmith,
All taken into consideration, thanks =) I'll let ya'll know when I find out about rotations too.. I'll give CNCP a call.

Shikamaru! You said it well.
To Pdang,
Yeah definitely keep your head up, I still have rejection letters flowing in my mail box..and it sucks. Be strong buddy! Wish you the best
thanks i will be strong

I'll try to be strong, but I don't know if I can tho! I've been trying to get in for so long now

Yeah dude, I totally agree this is tough stuff and sometimes you never know you might just get lucky! Good luck and I hope more interviews come for all of us! =)

Hmm I don't like this business with UCD at all. I remember HICP claimed to have connections with USN but that completely collapsed.

Stay vigilant everyone! Do your own research/don't rely on one source (school, SDN, etc...)

I think people just are lying you don't give up UCSD fo CNCP. No matter what you think. I know it is a personal choice , but you have to be ... to chose that. SD has nature and beach too. It's like an island.

Agree

Yeah I love SD....IMHO, anyone who gives up sunny and beautiful san diego for ghetto/ugly/dangerous as **** sacramento (hey i'm from there, i'm allowed to say that) is ******ed.

IMHO, of course :D

Hey guys,
They updated their website and it says that they have a building now in Rancho Cordova. Confetti Flyer...where is in Rancho Cordova, is it still in Sacto??

Hey guys,
They updated their website and it says that they have a building now in Rancho Cordova. Confetti Flyer...where is in Rancho Cordova, is it still in Sacto??
it is about 20 to 30 min away from sac depend on the traffic and how fast you drive

ahh ok thanks pdang...what kind of area is it? Like business or ....

ahh ok thanks pdang...what kind of area is it? Like business or ....
when i went to the interiview i also stop by rancho to check the city. the city seem busy. it has a very big mall call the sunrise mall. overall, i think it should be a good area.

What a wonderful new experience!!! Yay for CNCP!!!! :D

My interview date was on 1/25 and I got an acceptance on 1/30
PRAISE THE LORD! =) :luck:

i got a email saying that i am in active deferred status.

My friend and my interview were both on 1/28. We were both accepted on 1/30.

CONGRATS!!! I really appreciate the time you took to share, IN DETAIL, your experience at the interview! It will help students who will be interviewing the current and future application cycles. I'm sooo happy for you! :clap::banana::zip:

Looks like they modified their curriculum since the last time i saw it, IPPE has been pushed back to semester two. I knew it was hard to find enough spots in such short time.

Looks like they modified their curriculum since the last time i saw it, IPPE has been pushed back to semester two. I knew it was hard to find enough spots in such short time.
Yeah I just checked that out too. We will just have to wait and see until April now.

it aso says each appe will be 1440 hours..

since there are 6 of them do they mean total of 1440 hours?

Sorry, but what does that mean? The first person said "IPPE" and the second said "APPE." Not sure what you guys are talking about...

And Pdang, so you made it to the waiting list right? Congrats, you have a good chance!

Sorry, but what does that mean? The first person said "IPPE" and the second said "APPE." Not sure what you guys are talking about...

And Pdang, so you made it to the waiting list right? Congrats, you have a good chance!

Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences

The Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE I-V) will be based in community, institutional, long-tern care, and primary care settings. Each IPPE will consist of 60 hours per semester and include, but not be limited to, the following supervised activities:

• processing and dispensing new and refill medication orders
• conducting patient interviews to obtain pertinent patient information
• creating patient profiles
• responding to drug information inquiries
• interacting with other health care professionals
• participating in public health educational programs
• interpreting and evaluating patient information
• triaging and assessing the need for patient referral
• identifying patient-specific factors that affect health and pharmacotherapy
• assessing patient health literacy and compliance
• performing calculations required to compound, dispense, and administer medications
• administering medications
• providing point-of-care and patient-centered services
• conducting physical assessments
• preparing and compounding extemporaneous preparations and sterile products
• communicating with patients and health care providers
• interacting with pharmacy technicians in the delivery of pharmacy services
• documenting interventions in patient records
• presenting patient cases
• billing third parties for pharmacy services

Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences

The Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPE I-VI) will be based in community, acute care, critical care, ambulatory care, and nuclear pharmacy settings. Each APPE is 1440 hours (40 hours/week X 6 weeks) in duration and will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:

• all of the IPPE activities
• identifying and reporting medication errors and adverse drug reactions
• managing the drug regimen through monitoring and assessing patient information
• providing pharmacist-delivered patient care
• providing patient education
• educating the public and health care professionals on the treatment of medical conditions, wellness, dietary supplements, durable medical equipment, and medical and drug devices
• retrieving, evaluating, managing, and using clinical and scientific publications in the decision-making process
• accessing, evaluating, and applying information to promote optimal health care
• ensuring continuity of pharmaceutical care among health care settings
• participating in discussions and assignments regarding compliance with accreditation, legal, regulatory/legislative, and safety requirement, the drug approval process, and health care policy matters that affect pharmacy
• working with the technology used in pharmacy practice
• managing systems for storage, preparation, dispensing, and safety of medications and help supervise technical personnel involved in such processes
• performing prospective and retrospective outcomes analyses to support formulary recommendations and therapeutic guideline development
• creating a business plan to support a patient care service
• administering medications where practical and legal

this doesn't sound new to me, look like it's cut and paste from somewhere, i meant the ippe and appe (not on sdn)

+pad+ the ippe and appe listed from the school is probably copy and outline on the website, i don't think it is something the school wrote up out of scratch, maybe taken from a former school :idea:

Hey Veyep, thank you so much for the info....I didn't know what that was at all...very helpful. :D