BU MAMS 2007 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3.4 gpa
27N mcat
upward gpa trend

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted June 8, GPA 3.0, 31P mcat

hey everyone, i actually just completed my application bc wasnt aware of this program until recently. i'm looking to get into the oral health concentration as i'm applying to dental schools and think it'd be a better option than some other smp's that i already got admittance to. anyone know if they usually accept people through june/july? i was told that as long as they get my materials asap i would still be considered. not sure what that means though.

also, when does the program start? tuition costs? is there no grad school housing?

any other pre-dents here?

Members don't see this ad :)
just got accepted to BU today... i got small dilemma tho.. i have already sent in the acceptance to my UMDNJ acceptance a few weeks ago.. i didnt give any deposit (except for the $100 for housing).. but i think i can back out of it.. but now i'm torn as to just stay with UMDNJ or go to BU.. argh

me tooo! I got into UMDNJ, but now I just got the call from BUMAMS.

I really like BUMAMS reputation but I can deal with UMDNJ cost

???

I just got accepted today...looks like several of us are in the same predicament:

UMDNJ vs BU

-PlAnEjaNe

I hope I hear from BU soon... though it seems I won't be hearing from them for at least a couple more weeks as my app has been complete since May 10.

I've already been accepted to UMDNJ and sent my reply, but I don't want to make any serious decisions (about housing, loans, etc) until I hear from BU. I kind of feel bad holding my spot at UMDNJ from someone who really needs it, but I need to have a back-up in case it doesn't work out with BU :/

Any recent acceptances?? If so our of curiosity what were your stats? GPA etc

I had a friend who got in in AUgust, anyne know how long they continue on with acceptances?

gpa: 2.9
MCAT: 25

accepted: 6/19 :D

Not sure If I will be attending though...deciding between UMDNJ and this program.

-PlAnEjaNe

accepted june 21, 2007 :)

fall 07 BU GSM... kind of nervous...:scared:

Is anyone (that has already been accepted to the MAMS program) planning on attending the EXCEL summer program? I figure it will be a good preview of the expectations for the fall & spring semesters. Orientation is next Monday, and I'll be there...

It's odd seeing everyone refer to it as MAMS, cuz at BU, those initials aren't too common. Usually it's just generally referred to as "GMS" (Graduate Medical Sciences), although this is also home to a host of other PhD and Masters students who aren't looking for med school.

Anyway, the name difference was why I didn't post here previously. I just wrote up an overview of these types of programs in general, which can be found here. But, I'm finishing up at BU, so if people have questions, please feel free to ask.

If anyone is looking to furnish there place...we have 2 large desks, 2 full size beds, a 3 person couch, 2 person couch, 2 bookshelves (5 shelves each), 2 oversized sofa chairs, one ottoman, a 3 table set of coffee tables, a large floorstanding fan w/ ionizer filter, 2 full length mirrors, 4 lamps, kitchenware, etc.

pretty much we have a furnished apartment of two people that we are looking to get rid of ASAP.

We have pictures...so please e-mail if interested. We are GMS students living across the street from school at Harrison Court. Prices are negotiable abd EXTREMELY REASONABLE b/c we are leaving Boston and more concerned about applying to medical school than selling furniture.

I wish I could have had an opportunity like this because we had to go all over town w/ a U-haul to buy this stuff, and you have to opportunity to rent from the Uhaul down the street, run it over to your own apartment, and be done with moving in....all in less than a couple hours.

There is an elevator in the building so it easy to move.

drop me an e-mail: [email protected]

THANKS

This program can be completed in a full academic year and a summer...right?

Also, has anyone received more info regarding courses and class schedules?

Thanks.

No, it can't. that's a big misconception at BU. They pull people by making it sound like it's a one year masters. It's not. I know of ONE person who did this, and she already had the GPA and MCAT to get in.

The only way you can do it in one year is if you do a library thesis, which is 8 credits of pass/fail. Not only does this not help your GPA, but since you're doing it right after classes end, you have no time to re/take the MCAT. A lab thesis on the other hand is 8 credits of 4.0 and you have time to study for the MCATs.

the LARGE majority of students complete it in 2 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm doing the program in one year. If you are taking the MCAT the summer after it is a lot harder, but definitely possible. However, most people do take 2 years to complete the program.

I just got into the program!

sent my app in late April, complete since May 10. looking forward to getting the official letter! :D

I just got into the program!

sent my app in late April, complete since May 10. looking forward to getting the official letter! :D

congrats! i look forward to meeting my fellow classmates in august!

Zolaash are you anywhere near the major flooding in TX. Hope everythings alright...See you in August.

I applied for the MAMS and a few days ago I called to ask about the status of my application and they asked if I mailed it or if I did it online. I didn't even know I could do it online or else I definitely would've! Anyways, they said it'd take longer b/c I mailed it and I still can't find where the online application is. Can anyone link me?

No, it can't. that's a big misconception at BU. They pull people by making it sound like it's a one year masters. It's not. I know of ONE person who did this, and she already had the GPA and MCAT to get in.

The only way you can do it in one year is if you do a library thesis, which is 8 credits of pass/fail. Not only does this not help your GPA, but since you're doing it right after classes end, you have no time to re/take the MCAT. A lab thesis on the other hand is 8 credits of 4.0 and you have time to study for the MCATs.

the LARGE majority of students complete it in 2 years.

There were a bunch in my class that did it in one year. It all depends on if you applied (to med schools) before the program started and got in.. then you have to do it in a year to complete the program. There were a few that i know that did it in a year just to get it done with--although they didnt have to retake MCATs.... It isnt that hard unless you have to take the MCATs or are doing research.

As far as GPA, if you actually need the research credit grades to boost your MAMS gpa, then you are in trouble. AND those research grades dont really mean a whole lot. If you talk to Dr OBrien, he is the first to tell you that on the admissions commitee, if he sees research grades factored into the GPA, he will pull out a calculator and look at it without them.

But most do not get in during the year and end up doing the program in 2 yrs (it costs the same whether you register for the 2 continuing student summer sessions, or the 2nd yr fall and spring... (or summerII/Fall.. etc..)-- roughly 2k a semester.

Zolaash are you anywhere near the major flooding in TX. Hope everythings alright...See you in August.

hey thanks for thinking of me! i live in a suburb of dallas and i have NEVER seen it rain like this in texas (i've been here for 24yrs now!). we're not getting washed away but we've had to get out on our back porch with buckets and scoop away the water to keep it from coming in the house! kinda nuts!

Hi all,

I just got back from Boston two days ago and I thought i'd report on the housing scene too. zoolash's assessment of the area around BUMC is completely accurate, its not a good area to be living in. Since it is on the edge of Dorchester and Roxbury, BUMC is pretty much surrounded by low income housing except for it's north side which is the uber expensive back bay. If you haven't found housing yet, I would strongly urge you to make the trip out to Boston ASAP. Unless your planning on moving in Sept 1, the housing market is nearly depleted and realtors have little left to show for Aug 1 move in. I had to sign a lease for July 15 it was so bad, but another plus at this point is if there is anything left renters are really desperate to get rid of them by July 1 so they are going to be a lot more flexible with their terms of lease. If you're trying to save some money, I would expect to live about 30 minutes away from BUMC. I liked Jamaica plain and Brookline, but didnt really find anything nice in Allston. Roxbury is really ghetto, and I didnt have time to visit Dorchester but I heard it wasn't very safe either. One thing im liking about Boston is that its really pedestrian friendly. Its a different story if your planning on getting around by bike, but you can really get anywhere on the T.

One word to the wise is if you are not planning on coming to Boston to check out housing, i would be really careful about just picking a place based on pictures. I did most of my housing research based on Craigslist and it is AMAZING how deceiving a picture can be. A lot of the places I ended up looking at because their pictures looked nice were actually pretty run down on the inside, besides the fact that they were often in crummier neighborhoods with really poor access to the T or buses. Before you even begin thinking about seeing a place, I would suggest visiting the www.mbta.com website to map a path to BUMC. Also, theres the shuttle that goes from BU to BUMC so if your planning on living further out I would map to BU and then add that commute time to the BU-BUMC shuttle.

If you need a good place to stay when visiting boston, they converted one of the BU undergrad dorms into a hostel for the summer(Hostelling international - Fenway) so for 30$ a day you cant go wrong there being right on BU campus.

Anyways, one last point. My roommate and I (both going to BUMAMS) have 1 room open. Its in brookline, and rent is 600-650 per person (depending on what we decide to do w/ the parking that comes w/ it). the unit is AMAZING, I have pictures but they really dont show how nice it is. Its on the 3rd floor of a 3 family home, its in a super nice part of brookline with grocery 1 block away, a bus stop to BU 1 block and the brookline T station 3 blocks away. It has a really pretty deck, private W/D, good sized bedrooms, big windows, and tons of closet space. for brookline, this place is pretty much a steal price wise and i was amazed to have found it. i guess the only drawback is that it is a 10 minute commute to BU, but everything else more than makes up for it.

so PM me if you're interested in the room, and im happy to answer any more Q's about boston and it's insane housing season.

I'm moving in this saturday to the James Court apartments across the street from the med campus. It's a nice area there and directly North, but you're right, you don't really want to walk west of campus towards Roxbury or Dorchester. We have a dog though, and so far the walk around the South end (i.e. walking North and North East from the campus) towards Fenway or the Back Bay is pretty nice. Alot of small parks and "quiet" streets. If you don't have a pet, you may want to ask a realtor to show you apartments in the brownstones along those streets in the South End. And I think James Court still has a few openings...it's a bit pricey but it's pet friendly, brand new, and is very safe from what I've seen. Let me know if you have any specific questions if anyone is still apartment hunting.
Cheers

Just got my acceptance! Waiting for an official letter, Also looking for a roomate ! Anyone still looking for housing nearby?? Drop me a line! Im looking for a roomate situation.

Now after reading this I don't even know where to begin with the apartment hunt as I, too have used craigslist but will be making a trip to look for apartments no sooner than august 3... am I completely at a loss?

I'm still trying to decide between Tufts and BU. But either way, I need a place to live still. I'll be leaving my job in two weeks, so I need to find quick housing too.

I am also trying to decide on Tufts and BU. I am having a hard time with the decision!! Any other thoughts?

I will be attending in the Fall as well! I'm from western Mass originally, went HS and UG in Florida, and cannot wait to get back in the area!:D

I have a few questions regarding the thesis. If we choose to do a lab-research based thesis, how do we go about selecting a lab? Can we begin lab work in the first semester? I've worked in a cancer research lab for three+ years and have had my own project for most of that, so I would be familiar with techniques and the process. If I were able to start lab research right away, and be lucky enough to get results quickly, would it be possible for me to complete the program in one calendar year? I've tried calling and they said most of it would be explained at orientation, but I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to email professors that I would like to work with now, and see if they would have a spot for me, so that I could begin right away. Any info would be appreciated!

if anyone needs an extra roommate and wants to make my life easier, please pm with info. also, lemme know if anyone would like to search with me for an apt. i'm a korean-american from socal. i'm planning on going out there mid-august...

i actually have a question about the library thesis that would be done during the summer.... would we have to be in Boston to complete that or would we be able to be back at home for example and use the university library by us.. and then just go up to boston whenever necessary? or would we have to be there on regular basis?

You don't have to be in Boston. I wrote mine from home (CT) and just kept in touch with my thesis advisers by email. I mailed them my rough draft. The only thing I had to come to Boston for was to get my format approved and hand it in. (That ALWAYS ends up taking forever--so give yourself a full day to fix formatting).

You also don't need to actually use the library... And you can do it on almost anything. I wrote a bioethics thesis, another person in my class wrote up an analysis of the vioxx situation and whether or not the prelim studies showed enough evidence to hold them responsible...etc.. It really isn't that bad.

If we choose to do a lab-research based thesis, how do we go about selecting a lab?
Can we begin lab work in the first semester?
would it be possible for me to complete the program in one calendar year?
I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to email professors that I would like to work with now, and see if they would have a spot for me, so that I could begin right away.

You will get a huge packet of info on lab interests of faculty at orientation. When you get an adviser, you can also talk to them about doing lab research. Technically, you could start first semester..but it is NOT a good idea. If you get a B+ in one class because of doing research, THAT IS BAD. All A/A- is what you have to shoot for... getting a transcript of B+'s is not good.

You can do it in a year, but honestly.. doing that with lab research is a bit much. Your #1 priority has to be class and A's... and they can be a handful in themselves... it isn't like undergrad. You are better off waiting to see how classes go before trying to get into a lab.

HOUSING
First off, the misconception that everyone will run into is that all the realtors will tell you there are no apartments left. This is false. Welcome to Boston. No matter when you come, if you let it be known you are a clueless student who doesn't know the area too well, some realtor will tell you that there is no housing available, and that you better pay for a $2000/month 1 bedroom apartment now before even those are all gone! Remember, they get a fee or % off whatever they sell, and they aren't your friends. Laurie in the BU med housing office is your personal savior: http://www.bumc.bu.edu/Dept/Home.aspx?DepartmentID=375

Avoid Roxbury and Dorchester housing. Brookline is great for those coming from safer suburban or sheltered lifestyles, but it is a commute. Keep in mind that you will be waiting for transportation in the cold Boston winter, and there is no parking for you near the medical campus. You also may wish to check out the apartments offered at the main campus, as there is a shuttle that goes back and forth between the campuses all day.

More to come when the questions begin.

---------------------------------
With all due respect, bat, I feel you're giving them a skewed vision of their possibilities here. Yes it's *possible* to complete the program in one year, but the vast majority (I'd guess 95%+) don't. You said it best here:
bat said:
It all depends on if you applied (to med schools) before the program started and got in.. then you have to do it in a year to complete the program.
So, when trying to evaluate whether or not you will/should complete this program in a year, ask yourself if you really need it to help boost your GPA and/or MCATs. If the answer is no, then sure, one year is fine. But let's face it, most of you are coming here for that specific purpose, and would be rejected (perhaps again) if you applied to med school now.

And while bat is correct in saying BU faculty dismiss research credit A's, other schools won't. I came in determined to finish it in one year. It's just a misleading pipe dream and a pinch of good deceptive advertising.

agreed. i definitely wouldn't recommend trying to do it in a year... but it can be done.

I just finished the MA/MPH in May and thought I would throw in my two cents about completing the program in 1 year vs. 2 years. Since these options weren't clear to me before I started the program, I thought I would try and clarify them for those of you trying to decide what to do. Please realize there are many other options and ways to do it and everyone's circumstances are different. You should do what makes the most sense for you!

Option 1: (program complete in 1 year)
apply to med schools the summer before starting BU GMS
take GMS classes during the year
finish thesis over summer
assuming acceptance to med school, this person would complete program in 1 year and enter med school the following year

**This option is for people who already have a strong MCAT and GPA and are either looking for something to do during their year off, or they want to help themselves prepare for the rigor of med school (I personally think this type of applicant's time would better be spent doing research, working to pay for med school, or doing something totally unrelated like traveling rather than wasting their $, time and energy on an incredibly tough year, but that's just my opinion :))

Option 2: (program complete in 1 year)
finish thesis over summer and take the MCAT if needed
apply to med schools over summer
assuming acceptance to med school, this person would complete the program in 1 year and enter med school 2 years after starting GMS

**This option is for people who are in a rush to get the program done in order to get out of Boston or start working during the second year while they are applying to med schools. Due to the timing of the med school application cycle, even if you finish the program as described above, you still have to wait to enter med school after 2 years.

Option 3: (program complete in 2 years)
take GMS classes during first year
take MCAT over summer after first year if needed
apply to med schools during summer after first year
complete thesis during second year and possibly take additional coursework to continue boosting science GPA
assuming acceptance to med school, this person would complete the program in 2 years and enter med school 2 years after starting GMS

**This is what the majority of students do. It is not a better or worse option than any of the others, it just depends on what your goals are. Your second year can be spent working while you do your thesis, doing an MPH (that's what I did) or MBA, doing research, or anything else you want.

One additional point about this is that if you do option 3 and finish your thesis in May your lab thesis grades (up to 8 credits) of "A" (assuming you do well, which most people do) will not appear on your transcript until mid May. This means that if you are simultaneously applying to med schools, they won't even see your 8 credits of "A" until you matriculate. This was something I didn't quite realize when I signed up for the lab thesis. Of course, if you need to reapply or don't apply the same year you are completing your thesis, these grades will be on your AMCAS application when you submit them to med schools and you will (depending on how each school views research credits) reap the benefits of 8 credits of A on your science GPA.

One last tidbit of advice, pharm is a great class, but is not technically a science class according to AMCAS guidelines (and therefore not supposed to be in your science GPA). I forgot what it is supposed to be classified under, but the GMS faculty and administrators will tell you it is a science class (it is based on common sense, but not according to AMCAS). I classified it as a science class on my AMCAS and AMCAS didn't change it back thankfully, but according to their guidelines it is not supposed to be one. Some schools may have examined my transcript and noticed this, but I was never questioned about it. This is just something I wished I had known before I signed up for the class.

Hopefully this rant was helpful. Feel free to PM me if you want any advice and/or opinions about either the MA or the MA/MPH program. Good luck to all of you starting in the fall! :luck:

I was accepted into BU MAMS on June 26 and received the acceptance letter about a week later with no specific deadline....does anyone know the deadline for responding to Bu's offer of admission before your seat is forfeited?

I was accepted into BU MAMS on June 26 and received the acceptance letter about a week later with no specific deadline....does anyone know the deadline for responding to Bu's offer of admission before your seat is forfeited?

I read somewhere on this forum that they want your acceptance within 2 weeks, but I'm not sure if it's 2 weeks after being notified or after receiving the official letter.

i just called the office and they said that students have two weeks from when they receive the acceptance letter, however, starting Monday, Natasha is going to start withdrawing acceptances so they can accept more people (good news for those of you still waiting:))

hcn22 - thanks so much for explaining everything so clearly!

I just wanted to clarify if I am correct in assuming that the main difference between option 2 versus option 3 is basically doing the library thesis during the summer (option 2) versus doing the lab thesis during the second year (option 3). So would you still do the same amount of coursework during the school year with either option?

Not that I don't want to do a lab thesis, I just really like the idea of getting a job and making some money during the second year off.

Option 2: (program complete in 1 year)
finish thesis over summer and take the MCAT if needed
apply to med schools over summer
assuming acceptance to med school, this person would complete the program in 1 year and enter med school 2 years after starting GMS

**This option is for people who are in a rush to get the program done in order to get out of Boston or start working during the second year while they are applying to med schools. Due to the timing of the med school application cycle, even if you finish the program as described above, you still have to wait to enter med school after 2 years.

Option 3: (program complete in 2 years)
take GMS classes during first year
take MCAT over summer after first year if needed
apply to med schools during summer after first year
complete thesis during second year and possibly take additional coursework to continue boosting science GPA
assuming acceptance to med school, this person would complete the program in 2 years and enter med school 2 years after starting GMS

**This is what the majority of students do. It is not a better or worse option than any of the others, it just depends on what your goals are. Your second year can be spent working while you do your thesis, doing an MPH (that's what I did) or MBA, doing research, or anything else you want.

hcn22 - thanks so much for explaining everything so clearly!

I just wanted to clarify if I am correct in assuming that the main difference between option 2 versus option 3 is basically doing the library thesis during the summer (option 2) versus doing the lab thesis during the second year (option 3). So would you still do the same amount of coursework during the school year with either option?

Not that I don't want to do a lab thesis, I just really like the idea of getting a job and making some money during the second year off.

No problem! Yep, for option 2, you would (likely) do a library thesis during the summer and would technically finish the program in 1 year. For option 3, you would do either a library or lab thesis (depending on what you choose) and technically finish the program in 2 years. Note that if you do option 2, you will not have time to take the MCAT over the summer. Also, Endo and Immuno end around June 15th, so your summer won't be starting in May if you decide to take those classes.

Some people do their thesis partly over the summer and partly in the fall semester in order to finish by December. That's another option that would take allow you to finish the program in 1 1/2 years (FYI).

For either option, you would do the same amount of coursework during the year.

One additional suggestion for you is that a lot of theses can be a mix of lab and library. If you want to do 8 credits of research (the maximum allowed) and have the credits be graded in order to help with your science GPA (this means that it has to be a lab thesis since library theses are only P/F) but aren't crazy about research then I recommend finding a clinical lab setting where you can work with a data set rather than collect all the data yourself. I worked in a clinical lab setting and ended up analyzing a data set that had been cut for me my the lab director. Since the data was part of a larger study that would have required way too much training for me to complete in 2 semesters, my advisor provided me with the data and asked me to analyze it. I didn't spend all year slaving away in the lab but still ended up with 8 credits of "A" on my transcript. Just an idea for those of you trying to figure out what to do.

thanks so much for the explanation!!

No problem! Yep, for option 2, you would (likely) do a library thesis during the summer and would technically finish the program in 1 year. For option 3, you would do either a library or lab thesis (depending on what you choose) and technically finish the program in 2 years. Note that if you do option 2, you will not have time to take the MCAT over the summer. Also, Endo and Immuno end around June 15th, so your summer won't be starting in May if you decide to take those classes.

Some people do their thesis partly over the summer and partly in the fall semester in order to finish by December. That's another option that would take allow you to finish the program in 1 1/2 years (FYI).

For either option, you would do the same amount of coursework during the year.

One additional suggestion for you is that a lot of theses can be a mix of lab and library. If you want to do 8 credits of research (the maximum allowed) and have the credits be graded in order to help with your science GPA (this means that it has to be a lab thesis since library theses are only P/F) but aren't crazy about research then I recommend finding a clinical lab setting where you can work with a data set rather than collect all the data yourself. I worked in a clinical lab setting and ended up analyzing a data set that had been cut for me my the lab director. Since the data was part of a larger study that would have required way too much training for me to complete in 2 semesters, my advisor provided me with the data and asked me to analyze it. I didn't spend all year slaving away in the lab but still ended up with 8 credits of "A" on my transcript. Just an idea for those of you trying to figure out what to do.

Is there a detailed list of tuition charges and other fees available online, or do they mail that along with the financial aid packet? I've been digging through the BUMC site and have yet to find anything of the sort for GMS students.

but if anyone has any information about all the costs besides "it's ridiculously expensive", it'd be greatly appreciated.

any of you that are currently admitted receive your schedule in the mail? i got mine on saturday and it isn't what i expected. i'm concerned about this. to those of you currently in the program or those who have finished, were you able to change your schedule to EXACTLY what you wanted at registration. if i'm stuck with this schedule i don't see the purpose of attending.

please reply.

any of you that are currently admitted receive your schedule in the mail? i got mine on saturday and it isn't what i expected. i'm concerned about this. to those of you currently in the program or those who have finished, were you able to change your schedule to EXACTLY what you wanted at registration. if i'm stuck with this schedule i don't see the purpose of attending.

please reply.

I'm pretty sure you can change around the classes. I got my packet yesterday too and got assigned to Biochem, Biomed info?, Rel med sci?...no clue what the last 2 classes are about but I'll def be changing them around

I'm pretty sure you can change around the classes. I got my packet yesterday too and got assigned to Biochem, Biomed info?, Rel med sci?...no clue what the last 2 classes are about but I'll def be changing them around

that's exactly what i'm registered for. i'm about 99% sure the rel med sci is research credits. i'm going to call tomorrow and make sure we can change this around. i was hoping to take biochem, physio A and biostats the first semster and histo, physio B, endo/immuno in the spring. i'll let you know what i find out after i call.

that's exactly what i'm registered for. i'm about 99% sure the rel med sci is research credits. i'm going to call tomorrow and make sure we can change this around. i was hoping to take biochem, physio A and biostats the first semster and histo, physio B, endo/immuno in the spring. i'll let you know what i find out after i call.

I had called a few weeks ago to discuss how the scheduling would occur, and was told that everyone would be pre-registered for some stuff, and that we would be able to drop/add stuff at orientation.

To the people that have gone through the program before: does the schedule available on the GMS website accurately reflect what we can take? I know all of the highlighted classes are supposed to be available to us, but are there other restrictions such as class size or pre-reqs for many of them that would prevent us from taking them the first semester?

please reply.

Don't worry about getting a schedule of classes you aren't happy with. During orientation you will meet with your advisor and go over exactly what classes you should take and then they will sign your registration forms so you can switch into whatever you want. It's pretty frustrating that they assign you classes ahead of time, but I don't know anyone who got stuck with classes they didn't want in the end. No worries!

"Rel med sci" are research credits they just put in your schedule to give you a full load of credits until you switch around your schedule and choose what you want to take.

Everyone takes biochem in the fall, so you you should all have that on your schedule and then your other main choices are between Histo and Physio A. If you choose to take Histo in the fall, you will take 1 semester of physio in the spring. If you choose to take Physio A in the fall, you will take 2 semesters of physio and take Physio B in the spring along with Histo (if you choose to take Histo).

If you have taken Biostats before, they will give you a form that will allow you to pass out of that requirement. It's nice to not have to worry about this extra class especially if you have already taken stats.