Boston Acceptance - 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats
mahima_dentist said:
Hi nmas6,
Thanks a lot for the warm wishes. I wish the same for you too.

Take care
can u tell me about ur experience in the us or in home country?this will help thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats.mahima!all the best for ur future endeavours!
mahima_dentist said:
Thanks cheer_up
The time of application also matters in addition to stats(obviously good stats are always a plus ).Since most of the schools have rolling admissions so competition increases for the late applicants as you are competing amongst so many people for very few seats which are left and yet to be filled.I got late with my application, so could apply to only BU and UPenn.Was interviewed at BU on 26th and UPenn on 27th of Jan and got a positive response from BU.UPenn will let all jan and feb batches know by 1st wk of march,so waiting to hear from Penn.

All the best to everyone in the que ! :thumbup:

Hey Prady,
Thanks a lot . Wish you all the best . Iam sure you will hear about your acceptance soon.

Take care

Members don't see this ad :)
hey mahima,
congrats..and good luck for ur future.

Congrats on the great news..............good luck

Hello Everyone,
I got accepted into BU. I received the mail on Tuesday.
Best of luck to everyone who is waiting to hear..
Take care
PK_BOND

PK_Bond said:
Hello Everyone,
Take care
PK_BOND

Congrats Pk bond!!
all the very best for ur future...
may i know the date ur interviewed at BU..
Thanks

PK_Bond said:
Hello Everyone,
Take care
PK_BOND
hi pk bond,
congratulations.can u plse tell us when was ur interview and ur stats and did u recieve the acceptance by regular mail or fedex?im also waiting for any information from bu.i got part 1 91.do i have any chance?
thanks.

Hi CSHARP,
I was interviewed on Jan 26th and I received my acceptance through FEDEX on Tuesday.
In fact my part 1 score is 91
All the best
PK_BOND

CSHARP said:
hi pk bond,
congratulations.can u plse tell us when was ur interview and ur stats and did u recieve the acceptance by regular mail or fedex?im also waiting for any information from bu.i got part 1 91.do i have any chance?
thanks.

Hi syk , doc12 , want2fly ,
Thanks a lot .

All the best to everyone out there.

PK_Bond said:
Hi CSHARP,
I was interviewed on Jan 26th and I received my acceptance through FEDEX on Tuesday.
In fact my part 1 score is 91
All the best
PK_BOND
hi pk bond,
thanks alot for ur reply.that was encouraging.wish u all the best .hope to hear from bu soon..!thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got acceptance today, cant explain my joy. was intervied on 9th.
Thanks for all the support and wishies.
good luck to everyone

hey - congrats 32 pearls. well done and well deserved. hard work and patience with a good dose of determination always pays off..

hi!!
i got accepted for BU class 2008.i'm indian female age 25,non-veg looking for a female partner to share accomodation.If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thanks!!

CALALILY said:
hey - congrats 32 pearls. well done and well deserved. hard work and patience with a good dose of determination always pays off..
thanks a lot...

congrats,buddy!u did it!i'm happy for ya!its celebration time....! :hardy: :clap: :clap: so u saved a couple of bucks....huh not going for the interview at umn?? :laugh: :laugh:
tc and have fun!
32 pearls said:
good luck to everyone

32 pearls said:
good luck to everyone

Hey
My heartiest congratulations to u. :thumbup:
Didnt i told u that ul get in? see :laugh:
M so happy for u.
Enjoy ur success and check ur mail also.

fido! said:
congrats,buddy!u did it!i'm happy for ya!its celebration time....! :hardy: :clap: :clap: so u saved a couple of bucks....huh not going for the interview at umn?? :laugh: :laugh:
tc and have fun!

Hey prady , oh i mean FIDO!
Now its ur turn to do some DHAMAKA :p
Give us some great news after coming. I am keeping expectations from u. :laugh:
Good luck :thumbup:

Docnids said:

hi guys,
any news what BU administration is gonna do now that they are finished with the interviews?have they started going through the previous applicants who interviewed with them but heard nothing..did anybody who interviewed at BU in late last year receive anything?

tc

hello, i got an interview call for 2 nd march, i doubt if thee are any seats left, with so many people already having got the seats,
any others for march 2 nd?

hey thanks docnids!i really appreciate it!!!!! :) i shall try not to let u down!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin:
Docnids said:

fido! said:
hey thanks docnids!i really appreciate it!!!!! :) i shall try not to let u down!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin:

Hi Guys!

how was the interview for Bu? I want to apply next year.
Hoping you will give me a little help telling me what kind of questions you have received.

All the best,

congrats to all of you who got accepted at boston university...and goodluck to those of you have an interview in the coming days......whats the nbde score of those who have been invited for the interviews ,i mean is there any use of applying with score below 90....
can anyone please reply who has an interview.and score is below 90,
...i havenot applied but hope to do next year.....

hi everyone,
im so happy..that i finally recieved the acceptance letter from BU.just got the fedex today.i was interviewed on feb2.i had a long wait..and i ll b pleased to help anybody..if u have any questions.all the very best to people waiting.

CSHARP said:
hi everyone,
im so happy..that i finally recieved the acceptance letter from BU.just got the fedex today.i was interviewed on feb2.i had a long wait..and i ll b pleased to help anybody..if u have any questions.all the very best to people waiting.

Congratulations, CSHARP. Well done. :thumbup: . Now, you can truly relax until dental school starts. :D

hi cheer up,
thanks alot..! :)
cheer_up said:
Congratulations, CSHARP. Well done. :thumbup: . Now, you can truly relax until dental school starts. :D

congrats csharp!party hard!all the best for a bright future! :thumbup:
CSHARP said:
hi everyone,

hi fido,
thanks alot!all the best to u !
fido! said:
congrats csharp!party hard!all the best for a bright future! :thumbup:

Aerodont said:
Hello All:
I received my BU acceptance thru regular mail this saturday. I attended the interview on 27th Oct. Very surprised and pleased to receive the decission so early.

I have seen that there is not a thread for posting BU acceptance alone. So, I am starting this one.

I am not from Boston and dont know much about securing a loan or where to live etc.. I would appreciate if anybody can post such info.

Thanks
i hav 86 any chances ofgetn admisn

You will get DMD degree from BU but wont learn much other than how to make crown and do few fillings. Try to get into some good university like UOP, loma linda programs. Buffalo program is also good. Good programs accept only best applicants but you should still give it a shot. Trust me on this.

slim chance but you may still get in. Keep calling them to show you are interested only in BU. You may try to improve part 1 score.
sandaldeep sing said:
i hav 86 any chances ofgetn admisn

you should definitely apply and also try to improve percentile score.

celestial said:
congrats to all of you who got accepted at boston university...and goodluck to those of you have an interview in the coming days......whats the nbde score of those who have been invited for the interviews ,i mean is there any use of applying with score below 90....
can anyone please reply who has an interview.and score is below 90,
...i havenot applied but hope to do next year.....

jack33 said:
You will get DMD degree from BU but wont learn much other than how to make crown and do few fillings. Try to get into some good university like UOP, loma linda programs. Buffalo program is also good. Good programs accept only best applicants but you should still give it a shot. Trust me on this.

hi jack,
just wondering, what would u learn more frm uop , lomalinda????????????.

thanks jack33 for your reply......goodluck

improve part 1 score.
86 in part 1 means that board thinks that there are about 85 people below you and 14 people more smart than you, out of 100. Remember it is percentile not score. You have slim chance. I dont think part 2 score will make a difference as BU looks at only Part 1 score. But if you have very good score or percentile rank in both part 1 and 2 then they will definitely will be impressed. Just retake part 1 and read their old questions which ada sells on their website and you will get good score. This is not a big deal. You are lucky you are not taking usmle, in usmle you cant improve score for seven years, here you can take as many times as you want. Early application may improve your chance. There is usually at least one person with 86 or 87 score. You see all kind of people with all kind of scores.
celestial said:
hi jack33...i read your reply to someother person...i also have score of 86in part1 ,gpa 3.4 and three years experience in my home country... and planning to take part2....in coming months....do i have a chance in bu next year in 2007,i couldnot apply this year....are there any people with less score like me....in this program,
you have mentioned that keep calling bu people and that
you are interested in this university only....can you please guide me......i will appreciate your help...do early application can get me an interview call.....part2 score will help me in anyways?

i am really interested in this university becoz i am on east coast and i live near boston .....

thanks in advance.....goodluck for your future endeavors

celestial

thanks jack33 and goodluck...

hi,
i am in class of 2008 at bu. i have found an accomodation near school ( it is also in the relaesed listing from housing office), 5 minutes walking distance. its a three bedroom apartment plus living, i am in one room , second room is with regular dmd student she is also indian and third room is available for rent.
in case anyone is interested rent is $850/ month , plz contact tina at 617 699 3074. it will be nice if any of my future batchmates can get it.
AMAN.

hi enamelina,
u got it right and i am the same person. i can forward u tht list but i dont know if i can attach it here on sdn. i might need ur email bcoz tht list is about 22 pages. and i will forward you the email i got from office.
aman.

Hello friends I got accepted into Boston at last, attended the interview on march 2 nd and got fed ex on april 12th, me too looking for a guy to share an apartment, near to the school, tc

please accept my heartiest congratulations!way to go pal! :thumbup:
kalasagar said:
Hello friends I got accepted into Boston at last, attended the interview on march 2 nd and got fed ex on april 12th, me too looking for a guy to share an apartment, near to the school, tc

Pheonix said:
Congrats Khus & to all other who made in to BU.
I am also joining the BU gang.
My stats r- 93,3.69,260 & I was interviewed on Dec 15th by Dr. Gohel.
congrats pheonix,
i was intervied on the same day and got accepted so i'll see u there.
r u from canada?

Just wanted to let you know that I received my acceptance today for Boston University. I look forward to meeting all of you during orientation. Does anyone have any advice about housing near the campus?

Desi-Dentist said:
Just wanted to let you know that I received my acceptance today for Boston University. I look forward to meeting all of you during orientation. Does anyone have any advice about housing near the campus?

Congrats, Desi-Dentist, on your acceptance. Wish you all the best!!!! You've made a good choice. :D :thumbup:

congrats,desi-dentist!way to go! :thumbup:
Desi-Dentist said:

Yes , I am from Canada......Do I know you?
tatoo said:
congrats pheonix,
i was intervied on the same day and got accepted so i'll see u there.
r u from canada?

Desi-Dentist said:

Hey Desi-Dentist ,,

Congratulations !!!! How did you get to know so late ?? Were you placed on alternate placement ?? Its so nice to hear that .. anyways Good Luck in you r future studies ..

nident.