Boston Acceptance - 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted in BU, I interviewd on Jan 12th and I got my acceptance letter 2days back.

Guys, can anyone brief me on how to go about loans, is anybody on H4, are you guyz planning to go on F1. Pros and Cons of doig that?

What doucments do we ned to send in before feb 3rd along with the 3$3000 deposit.

Members don't see this ad.

meetlife said:
Hey Guys,
I got my acceptance from Boston University.I wish to thank everyone for all the support and guidance.
Hope we all get into our dream schools.
All the best to everyone.

Hi! Congratulations! Could you please post your statistic and when did you have interview?

Good luck!!

Hey Nolls
Congrats on your BU acceptance! :thumbup:
So you are also waitlisted at Uni. of Michigan right?
so do you plan on taking Michigan over BU if you get in?
Good Luck
gn

Nolls said:
I got accepted in BU, I interviewd on Jan 12th and I got my acceptance letter 2days back.

Guys, can anyone brief me on how to go about loans, is anybody on H4, are you guyz planning to go on F1. Pros and Cons of doig that?

What doucments do we ned to send in before feb 3rd along with the 3$3000 deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nolls said:

Hi Nolls Congratulations,
Can u plz post your stats.

P1 93
TOEFL 263
GPA 3.42

1 years DA work Expi etc.

I will take Michigan if get it. Coz, Michigan is mroe convinient formy husband and I like the course better.

hi all
called bu and they said they are in their final review round which is gonna end today
anybody got any new news ???????

toothplus said:
hi all
called bu and they said they are in their final review round which is gonna end today

Hey whom did u talked to.
People are still having interviews in feb so how can they decide this early.
Anyways thanks a lot for sharing info.
By the way when were u interviewed? I was on this 19th.
Thanks again

Thanks a lot for all the support and wishes.

meetlife said:
Hey People,
I was interviewed on 12th Jan.My stats are
Part-1....90
GPA........3.81
TOEFL.....273.
I got my acceptance on 23rd Jan.

Hi meetlife
My heartiest congratulations to u. Enjoy :love:

Hey meetlife,

Congrats on your acceptance!! :thumbup:
Finally you made it girl!!
Good Luck at school!!!!
Did you get waitlisted at any CA schools??
Best of Luck :thumbup:
gn :luck:

meetlife said:
Hey People,
Part-1....90
GPA........3.81
TOEFL.....273.
I got my accepatnce on 23rd Jan.

toothplus said:
hi all

Did anyone below 90 got into Boston this year till now. Wot are the odds of same. Let me know guys shld i keep my hopes and wait.
Thanks

Thanks Talya,Gaura and Docnids.

Hey meetlife,

Congratulations!

meetlife said:
Hey People,
Part-1....90
GPA........3.81
TOEFL.....273.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to meetlife and Nolls.Hardwork pays off.It is a great relief.Hope to see you in the class.

hello Nolls,
congratulations on ur acceptace!wish u all the best! :thumbup:
Nolls said:

hey gal,
u did it,huh!
congrats on ur acceptance and my best wishes for ur future endeavours! :thumbup: :thumbup:
so.....rock and roll time,eh? :laugh: ;)
meetlife said:
Hey People,
Part-1....90
GPA........3.81
TOEFL.....273.

meetlife said:
Hey People,
Part-1....90
GPA........3.81
TOEFL.....273.

hey meetlife and nolls
congratulations dude ........ :love: .enjoy!!!

prady said:
hello Nolls,
congratulations on ur acceptace!wish u all the best! :thumbup:

Thank you all for the wishes. Good luck to those who are trying. Feel free topost your questions, I would like to help as mnay as I can

hi toothplus,
sorry to say....just to let u know.... these r not dudes whom u r referring to....they r betsys! :laugh: :laugh: ;)
tc
toothplus said:
hey meetlife and nolls
congratulations dude ........ :love: .enjoy!!!

meetlife said:
Hey People,
Part-1....90
GPA........3.81
TOEFL.....273.

Hey Meetlife

Congratulations on your acceptance. All the best in dental school :)

hello, i m from hyderabad,

i got 93, 280, 2.55

i aplied just last week,

can u tell my chances of admission, at all, and if so, chances this yr

Docnids said:
Did anyone below 90 got into Boston this year till now. Wot are the odds of same. Let me know guys shld i keep my hopes and wait.
Thanks

hi docnids
i heard last week 2 people got into BU with score less than 90 ...so dont lose hope .......u never know wat's next ....i had my interview on the 1st dec...still waiting to hear from them........

can you tell me the complete stats of their two students,

toothplus said:
hi docnids
i heard last week 2 people got into BU with score less than 90 ...so dont lose hope .......u never know wat's next ....i had my interview on the 1st dec...still waiting to hear from them........

Hey toothplus
Thanks for ur support. u r right. Never loose hope. and keep praying........
Good luck to u also. :thumbup:

hey docnids
what i heard about BU's latest is that their last round of interview is on the 23rd of feb .....so people like us who still havent heard from BU can expect to hear sth by then.....lets keep our fingers crossed and best of luck to all :thumbup:

congrats nolls and meetlife,

see u in august.

its party time.

CONGRATULATIONS
cheers,
manik

toothplus said:
hey docnids
what i heard about BU's latest is that their last round of interview is on the 23rd of feb .....so people like us who still havent heard from BU can expect to hear sth by then.....lets keep our fingers crossed and best of luck to all :thumbup:

is it so,docnids ?? i had te intrvw on 12th of last mont, n havent heard frm tem yet .. relly dont knw wot to expect also. gud to hear tis from u nw .
nident.

Hey nident, i dont know about this.
But all i can say is keep patience and hope for the best.
Good luck to u and toothplus.

Hello,
Does BU send out letters of rejections after your interviews if you have been not selected or do we just wait endlessly???/ :(

finish line said:
Hello,
Does BU send out letters of rejections after your interviews if you have been not selected or do we just wait endlessly???/ :(

I called them today and asked the same question, I was told that if rejected you will receive a letter , if you didn't receive one it means that you are still under review. She said they will make final decision by end of March, beginning of April. But did anybody at all receive rejection letter? And does it really mean that cases are under review or they just don't want to waste time now and will do it at once later?

talyanech said:
I called them today and asked the same question, I was told that if rejected you will receive a letter , if you didn't receive one it means that you are still under review. She said they will make final decision by end of March, beginning of April. But did anybody at all receive rejection letter? And does it really mean that cases are under review or they just don't want to waste time now and will do it at once later?

wow talyanech...that's called as slicing it in all directions:)...but i guess what u wrote is what everybody else is also thinking..so good luck to everybody...it's a test for our patience!! which is considered a virtue by some;)

talyanech said:
Hey talynech, thanks for the info. Ya you might be right they might just leave the big bad news once they finish with their important stuff :(

hey i got admission into BU 94/3.64/263.
GOOD LUCK TO U ALL. :luck:

hey drbask,
congratulations for getting acceptance :thumbup: :thumbup:
can u tell me when u got your letter and when was your interview.
thank you in advance for the information. it surely is party time, enjoy!!!!
your scores r awesome.

drdent.

hi everyone,

I got accepted at BU. My stats are Part1 93,part 87,gpa 3.3,toefl 293.I was interviewed on feb 2 and just got my acceptance by fedex. all the best to everyone waiting .

error_80 said:
hi everyone,

I got accepted at BU. My stats are Part1 93,part 87,gpa 3.3,toefl 293.I was interviewed on feb 2 and just got my acceptance by fedex. all the best to everyone waiting .

Congratulations. All the best in the dental school. You indeed have impressive stats. :)

Conratulation to u both. :thumbup:

congrats to you all...who will be starting at BU this coming fall 2006. just wanted to know..whats the class size this year? can anyone tell me..thanks

MAN.....STILL WAITING FOR THAT "ELITE" LETTER! :(
finish line said:
Hello,

:thumbup: CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH ON GETTING INTO BU. GREAT SCORES

drbask said:
congrats....cud u plz tell when were u interviewed...

drbask said:

hey drbask
Congrats for ur acceptance!!
I had a doubt....in one of the previous threads u mentioned that ur part 1 score is 87 and now u posted it as 94, so which one is correct and cld u plz post it again ....and the date ur interviewed at BU...
Thanks and good luk

Thanks for all the wishes. I also wish the best for all of you.

Hi all,
I got the acceptance by fedex yesterday :)

All the best to everybody waiting to hear from them.

mahima_dentist said:
Hi all,

Congrats Mahima!!
U made it finally and iam very happy for u...
Good luk in ur career

Hi nmas6,
Thanks a lot for the warm wishes. I wish the same for you too.

Take care

mahima_dentist said:
Hi all,

Hey mahima_dentist

You did it :thumbup: . Congratulations. I knew you would definitely get in somewhere with your excellent stats. All the best in dental school. :)

Thanks cheer_up
The time of application also matters in addition to stats(obviously good stats are always a plus ).Since most of the schools have rolling admissions so competition increases for the late applicants as you are competing amongst so many people for very few seats which are left and yet to be filled.I got late with my application, so could apply to only BU and UPenn.Was interviewed at BU on 26th and UPenn on 27th of Jan and got a positive response from BU.UPenn will let all jan and feb batches know by 1st wk of march,so waiting to hear from Penn.

All the best to everyone in the que ! :thumbup: