Boston Acceptance - 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how many students they accept...????????

Members don't see this ad.

vinita said:
how many students they accept...????????

Hi All,
just wanted to know if any reapplicants got accepted to BU this year.

Thanks.

Hey, I am a new user.
I too have received acceptance at BU, Congrats to all those accepted.see you there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, everyone,
I got my acceptance to BU too.
rhia

Rhia said:
Hi, everyone,
I got my acceptance to BU too.
rhia

I got acceptance today-22nd December by regular mail. I gave my interview on 27th October, so i know how painful is waiting. Therefore I am submitting my score here for waitlisted...
Part 1 92%, GPA 3.03 and TOEFL 250.. I am interviewed by Dr.Gohel.
I am also on waitinglist at USC and UCSF..So this for W/L, My first choise is BU.
Still if any guy has any question, you can ask me by any way and I am always ready to give you answer.
KHUS

hi khus,
thats so good to hear.now i,m waiting for it.
congrats.now party time.good christams gift.
enjoy,bye,prasad
KHUS said:
I got acceptance today-22nd December by regular mail. I gave my interview on 27th October, so i know how painful is waiting. Therefore I am submitting my score here for waitlisted...
I am also on waitinglist at USC and UCSF..So this for W/L, My first choise is BU.
Still if any guy has any question, you can ask me by any way and I am always ready to give you answer.
KHUS

hi khus,
enjoy,bye,prasad
KHUS said:
KHUS

nprasad said:
hi khus,
enjoy,bye,prasad

Thank you nprasad,
Do not worry. You will get admission this year definately as you r on waiting list at upenn too.

Hey KHUS,
Congratulations!!!!!
Enjoy the hollidays!
MERRY CHRISTMAS N HAPPY NEW YEAR!

hi guys,
congrats on getting admitted in BU! can u please tell me when u guys interviewed at BU? that would tell me when they'll get to my interview date:)

thanks

hi guys
i had my interview on dec-15 & acceptance within a week-so surprising!! pz feel free to ask me any doubts you have-i'm ready to help

Hearty congratulations to khus, rhia, Lilbulgrl and neeju :clap: :clap: :clap:

good luck to all who are waiting to hear from BU :thumbup: ,,,, i'm sure soon u guys will also post such acceptance messages.......Best of Luck to all, once again :thumbup:

rgds
enamelina :)
BUGSDM CLASS OF 2008 :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
enamelina said:
Hearty congratulations to khus, rhia, Lilbulgrl and neeju :clap: :clap: :clap:

good luck to all who are waiting to hear from BU :thumbup: ,,,, i'm sure soon u guys will also post such acceptance messages.......Best of Luck to all, once again :thumbup:

rgds
enamelina :)
BUGSDM CLASS OF 2008 :thumbup:

Thank you rgds and enamelina.

congratulations neeju and to all who got in to BU. do mind to post ur stats? part, gpa toefl tnx... :)

Hello guys,
Heartiest congratulations!! ...
and a happy new year to all!

Congratulations Neeju for making it to BU.Could u plz tell me ur stats as I was in the same batch.Meery Chrictmas & Happy New Year
neeju said:
hi guys
i had my interview on dec-15 & acceptance within a week-so surprising!! pz feel free to ask me any doubts you have-i'm ready to help

Pheonix said:
Congratulations Neeju for making it to BU.Could u plz tell me ur stats as I was in the same batch.Meery Chrictmas & Happy New Year
thanks; mine is 93,263,3.59

hey guys,u can count me in :) .got my acceptance on the 23rd.gave my interview on the 8th of this month.waiting on couple more interviews,before i decide.

Hey everyone,

I got accepted at BU :D I got my acceptance letter yesterday.

Lilbullgrl said:
Hey, I am a new user.
I too have received acceptance at BU, Congrats to all those accepted.see you there.
Congrats on ur acceptance to BU!!
cld u plz post ur stats and the day ur interviewed at BU..

Lilbullgrl said:
Hey, I am a new user.
Congrats on ur acceptance to BU!!
cld u plz post ur stats and the day ur interviewed at BU..
Thanks

Congrats Khus & to all other who made in to BU.
I am also joining the BU gang.
My stats r- 93,3.69,260 & I was interviewed on Dec 15th by Dr. Gohel.
KHUS said:
KHUS

hi everybody!
Congrats to everybody who has been accepted at BU!you all must be relieved.Khus you are so right...The waiting is so painful....i am just keeping my fingers crossed. these holidays have been so longgggggggg;)
takecare
bye

hi everyone,
congratulations for everyone who got acceptance in bu :thumbup: :thumbup:. This new year must have been very wonderful for u'll after making it successfully to bu & other schools. "WISH U'LL A VERY HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2006". But y aren;t anyone just discussing about how the interview was, how did it go for u'll on that day & exactly what u'll did(i mean the whole day) & who interviewed u'll. i tried to pm some of them who had already been to intv in bu but no one replied, inspite of telling they r ready to help and share any information regarding the intv. :confused: :confused:
this will be my first intv & have no idea abt how it is going to be. any input regarding the intv in bu can atleast relieve my tension to some extent. so please guys kindly take some time off, now that u'll have got acceptance, can u'll help us too who r going to go through the same phase once u'll had faced & came out of it successfully.
any help is really very much appreciated
thankyou so much.
drdent.

drdent said:
hi everyone,
congratulations for everyone who got acceptance in bu :thumbup: :thumbup:. This new year must have been very wonderful for u'll after making it successfully to bu & other schools. "WISH U'LL A VERY HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2006". But y aren;t anyone just discussing about how the interview was, how did it go for u'll on that day & exactly what u'll did(i mean the whole day) & who interviewed u'll. i tried to pm some of them who had already been to intv in bu but no one replied, inspite of telling they r ready to help and share any information regarding the intv. :confused: :confused:
this will be my first intv & have no idea abt how it is going to be. any input regarding the intv in bu can atleast relieve my tension to some extent. so please guys kindly take some time off, now that u'll have got acceptance, can u'll help us too who r going to go through the same phase once u'll had faced & came out of it successfully.
any help is really very much appreciated
thankyou so much.
drdent.

Hey drdent,
Indeed, beginning of 2006 has been wonderful and i hope it continues to bring lots of joy to everyone !
I have replied to all genuine PMs so far and loads of them were about the interviews at BU....anyways my experience at BU was very good..... I was interviewed on Dec 1, 2005. We were 9 of us..the day started and went on as per the schedule that must have been sent to you along with the interview invitation. There were 3 faculty members who interviewed 3 canditates each.
The school tour given by a AS student was nice, also a couple of AS students joined us for lunch giving u an oppurtunity to ask any questions about the school, the program , anything u wish to.
Interviews were done before lunch, post lunch session had interactions with the financial and student affairs representatives . we were done by 3.30 pm.
IMO the whole day was very pleasant with one on one interviews being very laid back, and mainly personal questions were asked...more like a conversation than a Q-A type.
This was my experience at BU on the day of my interview...I hope this helps.

Good Luck and God bless All ! :)

enamelina said:
Hey drdent,
Indeed, beginning of 2006 has been wonderful and i hope it continues to bring lots of joy to everyone !
I have replied to all genuine PMs so far and loads of them were about the interviews at BU....anyways my experience at BU was very good..... I was interviewed on Dec 1, 2005. We were 9 of us..the day started and went on as per the schedule that must have been sent to you along with the interview invitation. There were 3 faculty members who interviewed 3 canditates each-Dr.Nargess Ashayeri, Dr.Janet Peters and Dr.Anita Gohel.
The school tour given by a AS student was nice, also a couple of AS students joined us for lunch giving u an oppurtunity to ask any questions about the school, the program , anything u wish to.
Interviews were done before lunch, post lunch session had interactions with the financial and student affairs representatives . we were done by 3.30 pm.
IMO the whole day was very pleasant with one on one interviews being very laid back, and mainly personal questions were asked...more like a conversation than a Q-A type.
This was my experience at BU on the day of my interview...I hope this helps.

Good Luck and God bless All ! :)

That was a very comforting reply enamelina. I rembr u msg bak to my PM . thanks again . My intrvw is schdld for Jan 12th . Im kinda worried abt it nw , since I had juz received a rejctn frm UPENN , will tat matter ?? and I hav also read tat BU accepts ppl abv 90 , i hav jus 89 % . any hope I can expect to have ?? any help wil be appreciated . thanks .. Good Luck n Happy New Year ..
nident.

hi enamelina,
thanku very much for replying, u really are very good :love:
thank u for the information & sharing u r experience, it helped me a lot abt the intv.
once again congratulations for ur acceptance in bu and wish u a very happy & prosperous new year.
thanku,
drdent.

nident12 said:
That was a very comforting reply enamelina. I rembr u msg bak to my PM . thanks again . My intrvw is schdld for Jan 12th . Im kinda worried abt it nw , since I had juz received a rejctn frm UPENN , will tat matter ?? and I hav also read tat BU accepts ppl abv 90 , i hav jus 89 % . any hope I can expect to have ?? any help wil be appreciated . thanks .. Good Luck n Happy New Year ..
nident.
hi everyone,I was just wondering if BU is still calling people for interviews?
Like for feb. I had applied in september and never heard anything execpt that my application is complete.should i still wait or give up.

hi
i got an interview call for feb 9th at BU and my part 1 score is 89. no guarantee that i will get in but those who haven't got an interview call yet don't loose your heart.they may call you.i too applied late.

wisedent said:
hi
i got an interview call for feb 9th at BU and my part 1 score is 89. no guarantee that i will get in but those who haven't got an interview call yet don't loose your heart.they may call you.i too applied late.
Hi wisedent, can u please tell me when did u get ur mail. and your gpa.
Coz i have the same score as yours. Thanks.

I got acceptance letter today from BU.
Interviewed on Jan 5th.

Part 1 - 92
GPA 3.79
Toefl: 105 (ibt)

rgr said:
Interviewed on Jan 5th.

Part 1 - 92
GPA 3.79

Hey rgr,
congratulations !
wish u good luck for the future.

Thanks enamelina for your best wishes.

rgr said:
Interviewed on Jan 5th.

Part 1 - 92
GPA 3.79

Hi rgr,

heartily congratulations...
Can you please tell me how much experience did you have in usa..?? I am asking because I dont have any such experience...and I am desperately waiting to hear from BU... my stats are 91/250/3.65/no exp in USA...
All the best for the new turn in your life...

Thanks dantrakshak
I don't have much exp in US. Just a few months of observer/volunteer exp.
I have 5 years in India with some ortho/pedo exp.
I was told that BU looks for part 1 and GPA. Yours look good.
I was interviewed by Dr. Gohel. Was also told that applicant pool was weaker this year as compared to last year. Last year they called upward of 88 in part 1. Best of luck for your application.

dantrakshak said:
Hi rgr,

heartily congratulations...
Can you please tell me how much experience did you have in usa..?? I am asking because I dont have any such experience...and I am desperately waiting to hear from BU... my stats are 91/250/3.65/no exp in USA...
All the best for the new turn in your life...

rgr said:
Thanks dantrakshak
I don't have much exp in US. Just a few months of observer/volunteer exp.
I have 5 years in India with some ortho/pedo exp.
I was told that BU looks for part 1 and GPA. Yours look good.
I was interviewed by Dr. Gohel. Was also told that applicant pool was weaker this year as compared to last year. Last year they called upward of 88 in part 1. Best of luck for your application.

Hi rgr,

Thanks for your reply buddy..
All the best at BU.....

enamelina,

congrats on your acceptence to BU. can u tell us why you chose BU over UCSF ive heard that UCSF is one of the best schools here in US... so kindly share with us stuff that you liked abt BU its advantages and plus points.
thank you :) it would be helpful to ppl applying to BU and making similar decision such as yrself.

p.s. other ppl can reply to my question also, and give there input.

az646 said:
enamelina,

congrats on your acceptence to BU. can u tell us why you chose BU over UCSF ive heard that UCSF is one of the best schools here in US... so kindly share with us stuff that you liked abt BU its advantages and plus points.
thank you :) it would be helpful to ppl applying to BU and making similar decision such as yrself.

p.s. other ppl can reply to my question also, and give there input.

hi az646,
i understand ur question as u r deciding between UIC and BU...but i'm sorry I cannot put down the reasons ,,,bcoz it was my personal choice, i had some reasons for it, but that does not mean UCSF isnt good....moreover i feel every school is good,they have their own pros and cons.....BU impressed me more than UCSF...so its BU for me....for other ppl who r deciding over schools, i'd say decide based on ur priorities and ur expectations...wherever u go, its u who matters...just try seeing urself in that environment,,,and choose the school where u will fit in comfortably the most.
Disclaimer: THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.....Both BU and UCSF are great schools.
Good Luck !!!

hi guys,

i finally got the acceptance from Bu on thrusday. i m so relieved. this lonnnng wait was really frustrating.
so now i m leaving ucsf.

cheers,

c u all in Aug.
manik

manik khisti said:
hi guys,

i finally got the acceptance from Bu on thrusday. i m so relieved. this lonnnng wait was really frustrating.
so now i m leaving ucsf.

cheers,

c u all in Aug.
manik

Congratulations...Manik
Wish you all the best at BU... :thumbup:
Would you please share your stats, date of interview and the reason for preferring BU over UCSF...??

bino said:
hi everybody!
Congrats to everybody who has been accepted at BU!you all must be relieved.Khus you are so right...The waiting is so painful....i am just keeping my fingers crossed. these holidays have been so longgggggggg;)
takecare
bye

hi
even i havent heard anything from BU i was interviewed on 1st of dec...
waiting period is KILLING me ............ :scared:

toothplus said:
hi
even i havent heard anything from BU i was interviewed on 1st of dec...
waiting period is KILLING me ............ :scared:

Hi toothplus..

We are in the same boat...to BU!! :scared:
can you share me your stats and experience in USA??

congrats,manik!i feel happy for u!all the best for ur future endeavours! :thumbup:
manik khisti said:
hi guys,

so now i m leaving ucsf.

cheers,

c u all in Aug.
manik

dantrakshak said:
Hi toothplus..

We are in the same boat...to BU!! :scared:
can you share me your stats and experience in USA??

hi dantrakshak,
tis 87/ 3.25/ 270
but have 6 years of exp in india
presently working in toronto ....wats yours ???when was ur interview ?

enamelina said:
hi az646,
i understand ur question as u r deciding between UIC and BU...but i'm sorry I cannot put down the reasons ,,,bcoz it was my personal choice, i had some reasons for it, but that does not mean UCSF isnt good....moreover i feel every school is good,they have their own pros and cons.....BU impressed me more than UCSF...so its BU for me....for other ppl who r deciding over schools, i'd say decide based on ur priorities and ur expectations...wherever u go, its u who matters...just try seeing urself in that environment,,,and choose the school where u will fit in comfortably the most.
Disclaimer: THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.....Both BU and UCSF are great schools.
Good Luck !!!
hi Enamelina
This is Monika. I have the same question, deciding between UIC and BU. Keep in touch.
Good Wishes
Monika

I am new here. just got my score can i apply to the bu .Any chance of getting in? any ideas on the no. of vacancies

Hey Guys,
I got my acceptance from Boston University.I wish to thank everyone for all the support and guidance.
Hope we all get into our dream schools.
All the best to everyone.