BoardVitals for HPM Board Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frazier

Palliative Emergentologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having done many, many Qbanks over the past decade, this is the worst. The questions are often poorly written, vague, or off-topic to HPM.

The answer choices have similar problems.

The explanations (vital for board prep -- pun not intended) is likewise overall low quality. Some even going so far to say " XYZ is the incorrect option making it the incorrect answer." Really?

It strikes me as a project where their was very little peer review, rather just accumulation of questions to get something smashed together as a product. I wouldnt be surprised if questions were just written by non-medical freelancers for a few bucks a pop.

I'd estimate that 1 out of every 4 questions is "good." For example, my last question of the day tested on a specific statistic which is apparently found (reference) in a 2016 issue of "Policy, Politics, and Nurse Practice." (Impact Factor <1)...That is not the type of high yield resource or practice guidelines I would expect my board certification exam to be drawing material from.

Having paid for it already, I'll finish the bank and to be fair -- if it suddenly improves on the backend, then I'll update this post. But overall, thus far, it is rather terrible and I hope no one spends their funds on it.

AAHPM products have been better, comparatively.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Having done many, many Qbanks over the past decade, this is the worst. The questions are often poorly written, vague, or off-topic to HPM.

The answer choices have similar problems.

The explanations (vital for board prep -- pun not intended) is likewise overall low quality. Some even going so far to say " XYZ is the incorrect option making it the incorrect answer." Really?

It strikes me as a project where their was very little peer review, rather just accumulation of questions to get something smashed together as a product. I wouldnt be surprised if questions were just written by non-medical freelancers for a few bucks a pop.

I'd estimate that 1 out of every 4 questions is "good." For example, my last question of the day tested on a specific statistic which is apparently found (reference) in a 2016 issue of "Policy, Politics, and Nurse Practice." (Impact Factor <1)...That is not the type of high yield resource or practice guidelines I would expect my board certification exam to be drawing material from.

Having paid for it already, I'll finish the bank and to be fair -- if it suddenly improves on the backend, then I'll update this post. But overall, thus far, it is rather terrible and I hope no one spends their funds on it.

AAHPM products have been better, comparatively.
Sorry to hear that :( thanks for sharing though

Thanks, I was considering buying this one. Not sure where to turn next.