This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eggsntoast

f262j34a01g
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys! So right now i am a pre-med student in a post bacc. I have the opportunity to assist in research in either a biology lab or a psychology lab. I would like to use this research opportunity to bolster my medical school application. Would it be viewed unfavorably by medical schools if i did psychology research? Would someone who did biology research be viewed as a stronger applicant? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys! So right now i am a pre-med student in a post bacc. I have the opportunity to assist in research in either a biology lab or a psychology lab. I would like to use this research opportunity to bolster my medical school application. Would it be viewed unfavorably by medical schools if i did psychology research? Would someone who did biology research be viewed as a stronger applicant? Thank you!

Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm an undergrad involved in psychology research, however, I'm only a freshman so if biology research is more favored by Med school admissions, I still have time to get involved if needed..

It doesn't matter. As long as you're productive and contribute intellectually. That will reflect in how you discuss your work and how your PI will write about you.

Reactions: 1 user
This is ENTIRELY up to you. You can get into medical school without research. Do what you're interested in.