BCPS results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Passssedd thank God... i do want to say something though- to those who didnt pass this time... i was in your shoes last exam window and i was really bummed especially bec i didnt pass by few points after seeing ppl kept saying “passed after 2 hours of studying”- made me feel dumb but i can tell you many of those who write two hours of studying are most likely not truthful.. if you didnt make it, its ok you will make it next time and many ppl dont make it so dont be bummed..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats! I’m so happy for you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Passed BCPS!! I also didn't pass the first time around by a narrow margin and was also depressed and upset for a while. Thankful that I made it this time! I guess the only way I could see someone passing with only a few hours of studying is if you were fresh out of residency and you really knew your stats. I've been out of school for 6 and 1/2 years and my brain just doesn't absorb information like it used to. I really think there is too much in there now. For anyone that didn't pass this time, give it one more try. Stats is really where it's at. I made sure I knew that stuff cold the second time around and I think that's what helped me the most this time. Funny, the first time I took it, I didn't think it was that bad and I ended up not passing. Second time, I thought it was horrible and I passed, go figure? I think I was just a lot more aware of the questions that I didn't know the second time around. Good luck to everyone still waiting for scores!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Passed BCPS!! I also didn't pass the first time around by a narrow margin and was also depressed and upset for a while. Thankful that I made it this time! I guess the only way I could see someone passing with only a few hours of studying is if you were fresh out of residency and you really knew your stats. I've been out of school for 6 and 1/2 years and my brain just doesn't absorb information like it used to. I really think there is too much in there now. For anyone that didn't pass this time, give it one more try. Stats is really where it's at. I made sure I knew that stuff cold the second time around and I think that's what helped me the most this time. Funny, the first time I took it, I didn't think it was that bad and I ended up not passing. Second time, I thought it was horrible and I passed, go figure? I think I was just a lot more aware of the questions that I didn't know the second time around. Good luck to everyone still waiting for scores!

This is hilarious- ii felt same way!!!

I guess I'll join the party by admitting that I failed the test. By f... 3 points. It's probably 1 or 2 wrong answers. Oh well.. it is what it is. Is it worth requesting a recount?
Also what would you, guys, recommend for studying? I used 2016 accp preparatory review for the fall test.

Reactions: 2 users
I guess I'll join the party by admitting that I failed the test. By f... 3 points. It's probably 1 or 2 wrong answers. Oh well.. it is what it is. Is it worth requesting a recount?
Also what would you, guys, recommend for studying? I used 2016 accp preparatory review for the fall test.

Hey Konkan, it is def a horrible feeling i failed it lst time by 5 points was sooo devastated.. esp seeing everyone saying passed - i felt alone but its kinda like social media ppl only say when its positive, i m sure there are many who didnt make it... put ur head up and u will ace it next time... i also thought of recount and asked ppl told me its not worth money or effort as they even admit it never changed any score.. u can if u want to use 2016 but i would just focus on prepping.. u can use that but be careful that its not too updated... i would use it but find updates -

I know a friend she missed it by 1 point she got 499

Reactions: 1 user
I mean it's "one stinking question"...plus all the other ones that were missed to get to that final deciding one...
Being technically right doesn't negate the fact that missing the passing threshold by what is essentially a rounding error feels wrong. We are literally talking <1%. It feels beyond petty.

There will always be a cutoff.

Whether its 500. Or 499. Or 498. There will always be a pharmacist on the other side of the cutoff no matter where you put it.

There will always be a cutoff.

Whether its 500. Or 499. Or 498. There will always be a pharmacist on the other side of the cutoff no matter where you put it.
Understood. Personally, I wasn't speaking ill of having a threshold (even if somewhat arbitrary) as much as the psychological toll of knowing that you missed it by 1/600 points. I personally don't see much value in knowing that you are literally 1 question away from passing over 2-5 questions. That said, my response honestly likely has more to do with the negative mental headspace I would be in if I got 499. I guess that's MY problem.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep! Got my BCPS earlier in the year, passed BCPPS this cycle

I am trying to study for the spring 2019 exam, I am having trouble understanding the stats by reading the notes from ACCP. what other materials can I use to help me with stats? is there a lecture video on youtube? thank you!

Anyone else taking it this spring? Everyone is so quiet this cycle!