BCPS Fall 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chardog83

Reaction score
I failed the spring 2019...got a 474/500. Any tips or resources would be great...retaking in the fall. My accp books were from 2016 so I had to order the new 2019 books that just got released in May 2019.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
nobody freak out, the site is slow because scores are being posted. It is not alphabetical, it is random. Just be patient and good luck

Reactions: 2 users
nobody freak out, the site is slow because scores are being posted. It is not alphabetical, it is random. Just be patient and good luck
waiting for results even harder than study for the exam:(. They got 600 fees from each applicant for the exam and their system is so cheap.

I PASSED. OMG!!!! I am at work and about to cry happy tears!!!

I wish everyone all the best! <3

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone willing to share if they failed? Wondering if they do all the passes out of the way first and save the failures for last? :nailbiting:

Anyone willing to share if they failed? Wondering if they do all the passes out of the way first and save the failures for last? :nailbiting:
in this link they still upload the results. so I don't think it works that way because last time even in the second day there were people who passed the exam. Anyway, personally i am considering myself failed until it proves the opposite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good Luck to you guys, You will do great!!!!! I know waiting can be painful but it will be worth it at the end

Reactions: 1 user
how long did you study for? I'm planning to take in either Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 when I'm eligible. Thank you.

and congrats for passing.

how long did you study for? I'm planning to take in either Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 when I'm eligible. Thank you.

and congrats for passing.
2 months but I don’t have kids and it was kinda hard and I had to take days off from work to study.

I found out I passed today at 10am PST. I registered the first week of July I think. I did PGY1 at a small community hospital just last year (graduated from residency June 2019). I studied biostatistics and not much else. My residency used the BCPS book for many different reading assignments through the year. My score was 541.

Reactions: 4 users
I found out I passed today at 10am PST. I registered the first week of July I think. I did PGY1 at a small community hospital just last year (graduated from residency June 2019). I studied biostatistics and not much else. My residency used the BCPS book for many different reading assignments through the year. My score was 541.
Congrats!!! What did everybody else get? Just curious what’s the average score. I got 525

Reactions: 1 users
Passed! Got the e-mail and checked BPS website ~5PM.

Completed a PGY-1 general residency in June 2019 and took it for the first time in September. I studied for a little under a week (due to work schedule), focusing mostly on the ACCP materials for biostats and picked a few organ systems to spot-check.

Reactions: 1 user
That scares me...are they posting the failed scores today and the passing yesterday? Did anyone pass and found out scores today ?

Well, this time was better than last, but still just shy. Thank you for the company, will see some of you again in Spring. Stay strong all!

I’ll see everyone again in the spring :(
Oh no! Don't be discouraged. I don't know if you did a residency or not or graduated within the last few years (or have a big gap), but BCPS is heavily skewed towards those who completed pharmacy practice residency (88% first time pass rate versus 59%). Like you said earlier, this does not reflect on you as a pharmacist. It's simply a test. Thanks for starting this thread and keeping everyone encouraged. Spring 2020 is your time.

congrats, that is good score. if you don't mind. can you please elaborate on the material and technique you used?

Thanks. I studied for about 2 months (this includes about 15 full days where I studied 6-8 hours). I reviewed most major disease states and did tons of practice questions including ACCP, high yield med reviews and the 100 questions on pharmacyquestionbank's website. I did stats 2 at the beginning of my studying, then reviewed in the middle, then one last review the days leading up to the exam. I also used the ACCPs lectures for the non-clinical stuff and I found it helpful.

For drugs, I focused on side effects/fast facts/major DDIs.

As far as test taking, some questions you will know the answer and are straight forward. Other questions not so much, so for these I looked at why the answer options were wrong and it was easier to narrow down to the "best" answer.

Reactions: 4 users
Passed!
Found out yesterday soon after 4PM Eastern by signing into myBPS. It took until today to be searchable on the Credential Verification site, which has your certificate number.

I did a PGY-1 with more ambulatory care rotations. During my rotations, I would use some of the ACCP chapters as a reference for topic discussions, so that was sort of studying some topics in advance.

Other than that, within a couple months after residency I studied maybe 20ish hours a week with the ACCP PDF material but did not finish the entire booklet before the exam, maybe half. I focused on the stats/non-clinical chapters and a few select chapters I thought I was weaker in. When I studied, I would do the self-assessment questions first to get an idea of how well I knew the chapter. Sometimes I scored around 20% right, sometimes up to around 80% depending on the topic. I found the questions and chapters pretty well-written and somewhat representative of the exam difficulty. They were just long to get through. In retrospect I would try to get the reading done more quickly to go for breadth and make sure I saw each topic instead of reading things too deep and making flashcards etc... the chapters are already pretty deep.

I also tried out the sample questions on the BPS website ( Pharmacotherapy Sample Questions ), and re-read my old RxPrep statistics/economics chapter portions. As a student a while back, I used an older version of some of the ACCP Flip Cards to prep for a competition. I also sort of passively studied a lot by listening to various pharmacy/clinical podcasts during commutes or drives.

I compiled some additional free practice websites and resources which I will paste here, although I would probably focus on getting through the ACCP booklet first if that is what you are using before going to these:

Biostats Practice Test: BCPS Biostatistics questions | Pharmacy Question Bank
I actually did this one and thought it was some good extra practice for stats. 42 questions with explanations, but somewhat poorly written. More for math practice and less statistical test choosing. Got about a 90% in the couple days before my exam, but it gives partial credit for wrong answers so not sure.

Short Practice Test: Free 10-Question BCPS Quiz - Med Ed 101

Longer Practice Test: BCPS Practice Sample Question Quiz | Pharmacy Question Bank

Short sample questions: BCPS Practice Test Questions from BCPS Q-Bank

NAPLEX Practice Test: NAPLEX Practice Sample Question Quiz | Pharmacy Question Bank

Regulatory topic lists and guides:
BCPS Regulatory Study Guide - Prepare to Pass - Med Ed 101
The Ever Elusive Regulatory Part of the BCPS — The Blonde Pharmacist

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users