BCPS Fall 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chardog83

Reaction score
I failed the spring 2019...got a 474/500. Any tips or resources would be great...retaking in the fall. My accp books were from 2016 so I had to order the new 2019 books that just got released in May 2019.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone use the Med101 review course ? I’m thinking of trying that for the regulatory part (only 29.99j) but the whole course is like $250 for six months and I dunno if it’s really worth it

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone use the Med101 review course ? I’m thinking of trying that for the regulatory part (only 29.99j) but the whole course is like $250 for six months and I dunno if it’s really worth it
I took the BCCCP and utilized the Med101 for regulatory and statistics component. I had searched forums for what to study on these sections since the ACCP material for BCCCP wasn't fully comprehensive.
I utilized this man's YouTube videos after I saw it on SDN to assist with the statistics component.

I read through and watched videos from ACCP, but the regulatory component was not robust. I supplemented statistics and regulatory studying with Med101. I think it's a comprehensive study guide that hits the key points and is easy to review in bed. I also went through Quizlets online as well as some of those practice questions that others suggested. I will say, I know the tests are substantially different with regards to clinical material, but the regulatory and statistics component will likely be similar in concepts they are testing on. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I used their question bank. It was just waste of time. contains some brand generic questions??? some questions are good, but it's too much to go through to find those. it's just more in quantity rather than quality. I would not recommend that to anyone. I ordered those flash cards from ACCP. they have nice case studies. I did all the cards 2-3 times. you can solve a couple at work too. very handy. it costs about $50. it's more in quality. with very nice explanation. For biostat I did this book. (clinical pharmacist guide for biostatistics) very small book with lots of questions to solve. and it's less than $30.
ACCP
I hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 user
I used their question bank. It was just waste of time. contains some brand generic questions??? some questions are good, but it's too much to go through to find those. it's just more in quantity rather than quality. I would not recommend that to anyone. I ordered those flash cards from ACCP. they have nice case studies. I did all the cards 2-3 times. you can solve a couple at work too. very handy. it costs about $50. it's more in quality. with very nice explanation. For biostat I did this book. (clinical pharmacist guide for biostatistics) very small book with lots of questions to solve. and it's less than $30.
ACCP
I hope that helps.
I did not use their qbank. ACCP was sufficient with case questions.

MED101 review course sucks. I paid for it and I found it to be no where near the level of ACCP. All the materials were very broad. The regulatory part of Med101 was decent but not worth 29.99 for the materials. What helped me the most were the ACCP practice exams.

MED101 review course sucks. I paid for it and I found it to be no where near the level of ACCP. All the materials were very broad. The regulatory part of Med101 was decent but not worth 29.99 for the materials. What helped me the most were the ACCP practice exams.
Yeah, definitely do not pay for it!

Just curious if anyone who ordered their lapel pin and certificate has received it in the mail yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Fyi Just a heads up, my pin and cert finally shipped this AM. BPS sends an email. Good luck to those prepping for spring

Hey, just wondering what study material you recommend for the BCACP.

ACCP. Practice exams from Meded101 and ASHP. Randy Neil Biostats YouTube. Memorized billing codes. Gleaned info from posts on this forum. Overall, ACCP material and enough time were the most necessary.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks. I studied for about 2 months (this includes about 15 full days where I studied 6-8 hours). I reviewed most major disease states and did tons of practice questions including ACCP, high yield med reviews and the 100 questions on pharmacyquestionbank's website. I did stats 2 at the beginning of my studying, then reviewed in the middle, then one last review the days leading up to the exam. I also used the ACCPs lectures for the non-clinical stuff and I found it helpful.

For drugs, I focused on side effects/fast facts/major DDIs.

As far as test taking, some questions you will know the answer and are straight forward. Other questions not so much, so for these I looked at why the answer options were wrong and it was easier to narrow down to the "best" answer.

Hi. Congratulation on your score! I am planning to take it in Fall 2020. I am thinking of getting the $600 package from ACCP and also using some high yeild med reviews. Is the entire package from ACCP worth it? or just get the workbook? Where did you study the biostats from? Also where did you find the 100 questions? Thanks in advance

I failed the spring 2019...got a 474/500. Any tips or resources would be great...retaking in the fall. My accp books were from 2016 so I had to order the new 2019 books that just got released in May 2019.
can you please tell me if self assessment questions and patient cases were same from 2016 and 2017? Thanks

can you please tell me if self assessment questions and patient cases were same from 2016 and 2017? Thanks
Yes they are. The accp books in general are very similar between 2016 and 2019., with the exception of newest guidelines like new BP goals and diabetes guidelines. I got the 2019 book because I didn’t wanna use any other sources for finding most uptodate info , but the end of chapter questions are mostly similar