AZCOM Class of 2014!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey future classmates,

I received my acceptance to AZCOM a week ago and I just wanted to congratulate the rest of you on your acceptances as well. I'm really excited to be coming to AZCOM even though CCOM is ten minutes away from me and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you guys soon. Good luck to everyone else who is applying and interviewing!

Members don't see this ad.

i thought i heard that the non-campus housing directly across the street might be a bit cheaper than the official student housing so i'm gonna look into that.

Roberie and GreyWind, think i recognize you both from the interview. glad to hear you're both considering azcom. i think i'm ready to swallow my uncertainty and take azcom over western or touroCA.

and MN-premed, i'm glad you brought up the weekend situation discussion, i had the same thoughts regarding my gf who won't likely make the AZ move with me.

i thought i heard that the non-campus housing directly across the street might be a bit cheaper than the official student housing so i'm gonna look into that.

Roberie and GreyWind, think i recognize you both from the interview. glad to hear you're both considering azcom. i think i'm ready to swallow my uncertainty and take azcom over western or touroCA.

and MN-premed, i'm glad you brought up the weekend situation discussion, i had the same thoughts regarding my gf who won't likely make the AZ move with me.

I'm leaning more and more towards AZCOM every day....

Members don't see this ad :)
MS III here,

congrats on your acceptances, and good luck to the rest of you. Just wanted to let you guys know our class had a 99.6% first time pass rate , and our average score was way above national average...great first 2 years here, 3rd year has been great so far as well....PM if u have any questions. Cheers!!

MS III here,

congrats on your acceptances, and good luck to the rest of you. Just wanted to let you guys know our class had a 99.6% first time pass rate , and our average score was way above national average...great first 2 years here, 3rd year has been great so far as well....PM if u have any questions. Cheers!!

Hi. I was wondering how the non-system based curriculum affected your preparation for the boards. Obviously, everyone (or most) students do very well on the boards at AZCOM, but did you find that was a lot harder to study for COMLEX than if they had used systems based curriculum?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if AZCOM records their classes for students to watch on their own time for review or in case class is missed?

Fattymangox-
Honestly, I believe a true organs based system is harder to tackle than subject based. In systems based, you are trying to understand all the subjects of a particular organ without having a solid understanding of the basics- this is my understanding from my friends in our dental program who study under an organ based curriculum. So rather than learning “1st year” information, which is your foundation, followed by “2nd year” information; you’re learning both at the same time. For example, you need a solid understanding of physio to understand pharm. But rather than learning physio before pharm (as with subject based), you are trying to learn bits and pieces of both at the same time in systems based without having the whole picture.
However, despite our curriculum being subject based, there is a ton of overlap, integration , and clinical incorporation. Long story short, by the time you actually have to study for the boards, it’s easy to put it all together with a subject based curriculum.

Idoc-
As of right now, we have a student run website that allows students to post vocal recordings of lectures (also swap notes, communicate in forums.. etc.). We unfortunately don’t have video recordings yet.

Hi. I was wondering how the non-system based curriculum affected your preparation for the boards. Obviously, everyone (or most) students do very well on the boards at AZCOM, but did you find that was a lot harder to study for COMLEX than if they had used systems based curriculum?

Thanks.

Thought I would make the rounds on the AZCOM website. Hello folks, I am a MS-II at AZCOM and I am the Student Government President.

As for the systems based curriculum, this discussion has come up in the past with our Dean and with the COCA (our accrediting body) and it is apparent that there are a number of allopathic and osteopathic schools that are changing back to the traditional curriculum after going to the systems based curriculum. I have also seen this type of discussion at our COSGP (council of osteopathic student government presidents) which is the meeting where all Student Government Presidents meet (four times a year). I don't know if there is a true benefit by being in a systems based curriculum, it may look good on paper, but there is no empirical evidence to back it yet. Unfortunately, there seems like there is more evidence against it (for now at least).

I hope that answers your question.

Sincerely,

Mansoor Jatoi, OMS-II
Student Government President
AZCOM '12 - Midwestern University
http://www.AZCOMSGA.com

I should preface this question / answer with I don't mind helping students make their decision about AZCOM as long as it is on factual information. Misinformation always seem to make its way out. I am more than happy to answer any questions that you may have, below is a question from a prospective student of ours and my answer.

I will be posting the PowerPoint that our Dean gave us regarding third year clinical rotations and sites, along with the OMS-II Class Council's work on giving information about each site.

Hey!

I was wondering if i can ask you about the rotations at AZCOM. I got accepted at several schools, but AZCOM was my favorite in terms of atmosphere, however, I am worried about the rotation spots. I know that 3rd year is now entirely preceptor based at AZCOM, and it doesn't seem like a very good thing, and I know a bit about ward based rotations (how favorable they are when it comes to finding residency). So here are my questions if you are willing to answer:
1) What is your opinion on preceptor based system, and do you think it really limits student opportunities? What was/is your experience like?
2) How many ward based rotations do you think I will get, or you got during 3rd year?Also, during 4th year, does the school help students set up ward based rotations in AZ or out of state, or are the students kinda on their own? Basically what real chance do I have to stay all 4 years and beyond in AZ?

Thank you so much for your time!

Where did you hear that third year is preceptor based? That is misinformation. We have gone to a regional based system and the great majority of our rotations are ward based. There are a few rotations that will remain preceptor based and those are Family Medicine and OB/GYN, etc. Our school also requires that at least four weeks of your 8 week IM rotation be on a ward regardless (by ward it means that they have a IM Residency) so you get the residency experience. We have a powerpoint presentation that I think Lou from our first year class was going to post on the website regarding our regional affiliations. As for your questions though.. let me address those...

1) Preceptor opinion: I think that certain specialities have to be preceptor based for you to get the full experience. Essentially family medicine and ob/gyn are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. It would be hard to find a Family Medicine on a ward, one of the ones I could think of is in Tucson at the VA. I believe they have a family medicine clinic / IM in the VA that could be classified as ward based. There is a place for preceptor based learning, and it is being correctly utilized by the school. There is an interesting preceptor review system that is available to the medical students, this allows us to review the past experiences of medical students and if the ratings are poor for a round then the school considers dropping the preceptor from the program. Our school is moving away from preceptor based rotations since our Deans have changed and it is continuously heading in the direction of ward based.

2) Depending on the region that you pick, this will determine how many rotations you will get in a ward. Just because you are on a preceptor rotation doesn't mean that you will not be getting rotations in a hospital. This is a misconception of preceptor based rotations. Unfortunately, if you are in a hospital that doesn't have a residency it can be classified as non-ward / preceptor based. You can still be at a major hospital getting great experiences. I think the way you should be thinking about it is do you want a ton of hands on or do you want to be rotation with an army of residents and medical students. For example, if you want to be a surgeon when you grow up, if you do all your surgical rotations on a ward then the most you will probably do is a stitch or two and holding clamps. On the other hand, if you pick a regional site like Cottonwood, expect to do much more and by the end of your rotation don't be surprised if you are assisting on surgeries because you will be way more involved becaues for once you are not at the end of the totem poll of learning (attendings, residents, medical students, etc).

During our 4th year, our clinical education department will absolutely help you setup your rotations in or outside of the state. We have a huge book of places that our students went to in the past and they will help as much as possible to get you into those locations. There will be parts where you will have to fill out paperwork on your own, but it is not a process that falls completely on your own shoulders. This school is great about helping their students out. In 4th year we can pick where we want to do rotations, you can do all of them in Arizona or you can do them in Michigan or wherever else. Ideally you would want to do rotations at the sites that you are considering applying for residency (audition rotation) wherever that may be. You could theoretically stay in Arizona all four years, but depending on what you want to specialize in, I haven't known many people to do that for their entire 4th year because people want to try for a variety of residencies in the country.

I hope I answered your question and I will be posting your question on AZCOM 2014 thread so others can benefit from it. If you have anymore questions please do not hesitate to email or PM me.

Sincerely,

Mansoor Jatoi, OMS-II
Midwestern University
Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine

The first pdf is the presentation that was given regarding our third year core rotations. This has already been discussed in threads prior to this post, so I won't continue to beat a dead horse. Keep in mind, this is set in stone for us, and will be tweaked for the Class of 2013 and for your class (Class of 2014).

But it gives you a good idea of what is going on at AZCOM.

Due to the size, the class council powerpoint that gave additional information on each region can be downloaded here:
http://www.azcom2012.com/Rotation_Presentation_10.20.09.pdf

FYI: Dr. Kemper is our Dean and Dr. Speicher is our Associate Dean.

Don't forget we have the highest mean in the country for COMLEX this year (mean: 543) and our USMLE (mean: 211) may be one of the highest if not the highest. Our school is working hard to make our USMLE average 220 like our MD counterparts. Below is my quoted statement that I presented to the COSGP at our last meeting for our board scores.

AZCOM's Class of 2011's COMLEX scores are in and we are proud to announce that we
had a 99.6% pass rate with a mean score of 543. The previous class' mean score was 512
with a 94.4% pass rate. For this class their USMLE mean score was 211 and a pass rate of
89.9%. The previous class' mean score was 205 with a pass rate of 85.7%.

Sincerely,

Mansoor Jatoi, OMS-II
AZCOM'12 - Midwestern University
http://www.AZCOMSGA.com

Attachments

• dean_and_dr_speicher_rotation_discussion_class_of_2012.pdf
    38.9 KB · Views: 409
For AZ residents/current medical students;

How are the new on-campus apartments? I think I'm looking in particular at the One Bedroom+Den for $730.00/month. How do the prices of on-campus housing compare to that of off-campus?

Thanks in advance.

Ben, like others have advised, check with those closest to the school as they may have an agreement with the school. However, with the housing market the way it is, apartments are at a premium as of late especially around schools. Around ASU, the prices have climbed quite a bit lately.

There may also be houses for rent for that price as well. You might check azcentral.com under the classifieds and check that out.

yeah.... what he said :)

P.s. to add to our USMLE Boards stats.....

Last year, we had 2 students score in the 99 percentile and several more students fall into the 98 percentile of all USMLE takers ( :thumbup: to class of 2011, nice work).

Well I've been waiting to hear back from a couple schools before I made my decision, and today I became an official member of AZCOM 2014! I also wanted to say thank you so much for the info provided by the current AZCOM students. You guys have been INCREDIBLY helpful in providing info on everything from current board scores to power point presentations on rotation sites. I feel very confident in my decision to attend and feel like I already have an idea of the basic outline for how the next four years will play out. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I've been waiting to hear back from a couple schools before I made my decision, and today I became an official member of AZCOM 2014! I also wanted to say thank you so much for the info provided by the current AZCOM students. You guys have been INCREDIBLY helpful in providing info on everything from current board scores to power point presentations on rotation sites. I feel very confident in my decision to attend and feel like I already have an idea of the basic outline for how the next four years will play out. Thanks again!

Welcome to the AZCOM family! You will not be disappointed in your decision. ;)

Ben, like others have advised, check with those closest to the school as they may have an agreement with the school. However, with the housing market the way it is, apartments are at a premium as of late especially around schools. Around ASU, the prices have climbed quite a bit lately.

There may also be houses for rent for that price as well. You might check azcentral.com under the classifieds and check that out.

I believe our student services department is compiling the list of homes that are student owned and there is a house that is very reasonably priced for medical students that is owned by one of our faculty and you can rent those properties from your fellow medical students for a decent price.

If you would like additional information on that, please call student services for a list of houses that may be for rent that are owned by students.

I have been accepted to AZCOM 2014 as of last week, but I am still waiting to hear from another school I recently interviewed at. Does anyone have any information on the clinical exposure level during the first and second years at AZCOM? The other school I visited sounds like you're getting regular exposure (at doctors offices and with actors), and I was wondering how AZCOM compared. I am leaning towards AZCOM because of the location, campus size, and great scores, but the clinical exposure is making me wonder... Any one have any insights on this topic?? Thank you!

1st year-
Introduction to clinical medicine course (ICM)- This class teaches you how to take and history and physical and there is related practice to these skills. Also, as a requirement for 3rd quarter, students must participate in 4 hrs of TOPS. TOPS is a program where community medical students (mainly AZCOM) provide free sports physicals to high school students. This event is scheduled a week or so before your final in ICM, so you get tons of practice. Standardized patients are used in 3rd quarter final for practical exam.
Interdisciplinary health care- While the main point of this course is to educate about other health professions, it does require a minimal amount of volunteering (4hrs over the year ?).
OMM- learn how to evaluate and treat a patients with manipulative medicine and incorporation of OMM into standard practice. Very hands on!
Volunteering/clubs- This can be where the majority of your clinical experience comes from; especially in your 1st 2 years. You can do as much or as little as you like. Many student clubs participate in health fairs or community sports events (Phoenix rock and roll marathon, etc.) to aid the community and to help students practice their skills. H.O.M.E. is a program that runs weekly/bi-weekly health clinics for underserved and the homeless. Here students are paired up with upper classmen and are able to practice their clinical skills. DOcare is a program that travels to Guatemala (mainly) and holds a week long health clinic for the underserved. While they prefer to take 3rd and 4th year students, mainly due to skill level and scheduling issues, 1st and 2nd years are able to participate.
Many clubs on campus also run workshops to practice or teach new clinical skills. Off the top of my head (i.e. the ones I’ve participated in)….several suture workshops, intubation workshop, scrub-in/ sterile field workshops, EKG workshop, casting/ splinting workshops, OMM practical practice runs. I’m sure there are tons more run by the other clubs on campus.
Here's a link to the clubs on campus (man not be all of them, it's a new website): http://azcomsga.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=58

Shadowing/research- like volunteering, this is up to the students. But this may be another option for students to gain clinical experience.

2nd year- there may be more that I don’t know about in future quarters, but here’s the basics..
ICM- Teaches how to write a complete SOAP note, other hospital notes, and focuses on learning assessments and plans for patients. It also focuses on some board related topics.
Patient care experiences- Students work with standardized patients or volunteers from the community to practice clinical skills. Students also learn some procedural skills, for example, we have a lab on surgical skills coming up next quarter.
Clinical correlates- lecture based class, but covers major clinical topics.
OMM- Continuation of curriculum (see above).
Volunteering/ shadowing/ research- see above
ACLS- certification during the last few days of 2nd year.

The feedback I've heard from community is that our 3rd years rock! So they do a great job of preping us for clinical rotations. Hope that helps, Happy Turkey day to you all =)

Quick question:

After the initial $1,000 deposit, is there another fee we have to pay? I'm trying to figure out what other fees and expenses I need to save for before my move (school related).

Also, I heard you do not get your financial aid till school starts. Is this true? When do checks usually get handed out? I know its far, far, away, but I like planning :) Thanks everyone.

Last time I checked, they give out financial aid after summer quarter ends, because it would complicate things to give you fin aid during a quarter that the student isn't even enrolled in. If you have a special circumstance, I'm sure you can call the financial aid office and work something out. I'm certain they had to deal with specific cases before.

Quick question:

After the initial $1,000 deposit, is there another fee we have to pay? I'm trying to figure out what other fees and expenses I need to save for before my move (school related).

Also, I heard you do not get your financial aid till school starts. Is this true? When do checks usually get handed out? I know its far, far, away, but I like planning :) Thanks everyone.

Ben-

I think they said during the interview-day presentation that the check isn't handed to you until the end of your first week? Or the second? I can't remember. Either way, you'll have to have a bit of cash to start off with... I have to sell my motorcycle :(

-Ben

Student loan checks are always given out the 1st thur (direct deposit)/friday (paper check) of every quarter. You shouldn't have to write any more checks for school related expenses, it will all come out of the loan $ before you get your disbursment. But you will have to cover your own personal expenses (moving, rent, food, transport...etc) before and including the 1st week of school. Don't worry about books or titers, you can wait t get those until after you have recieved your loan $$.

Student loan checks are always given out the 1st thur (direct deposit)/friday (paper check) of every quarter. You shouldn't have to write any more checks for school related expenses, it will all come out of the loan $ before you get your disbursment. But you will have to cover your own personal expenses (moving, rent, food, transport...etc) before and including the 1st week of school. Don't worry about books or titers, you can wait t get those until after you have recieved your loan $$.

Thanks a lot for clearing that up, DocWahwee!

Hello future classmates! I paid my deposit to AZCOM a couple days ago. I can't wait to get to Phoenix!

Bumpin' for the new year. we were at the bottom of the list! Has anyone heard anything new? I received a message in the "message center" but when I click on it the window can't load. When do we need start filling stuff out and sending it in?

Hello Fellow Classmates!!

As of yesterday, financial aid applications are available under MWUnet. For those of you who haven't paid a deposit yet, you won't be able to access this information until you do. Emails have been sent to our MWUnet email addresses with instructions for the process.

If anyone has questions, shoot an email toward the financial aid office ([email protected]), they've been really helpful to me already.

Hope you're all having a good year so far, can't wait to get started at AZCOM with you all in the fall!

-Ben :whistle:

Bumpin' for the new year. we were at the bottom of the list! Has anyone heard anything new? I received a message in the "message center" but when I click on it the window can't load. When do we need start filling stuff out and sending it in?

I was having similar problems with the message center as well. If you click above the message on the actual "Message Center" link, it takes you to a different window which you can then select the messages and they open properly... hope that made sense.

-Smitty :whistle:

Hi all,
I though I would post the link to the student schedules, since one of the main questions I get when speaking to students on their interview days is "what's the typical day like".

http://www.midwestern.edu/x1873.xml --> click MS1 for the first year's schedule and MS 2 for the second year's schedule. Winter and spring are both posted right now- so you can get a decent feel for what a typical week will look like. *** a note about the MS 1 schedule.... it looks like more than it is. There are several times blocked out for anatomy lab, biochem and physio workshops...etc.. They break you up into groups, so for example, you won't have anatomy lab three times a week. Group A will go one day, group B will go the next, Group C will go the third...etc

Just curious, what makes you all so dead-set on AZCOM? I liked the school but can't say for certain, at this point, whether I'll ultimately matriculate.

If you all had to choose, what is the one major benefit of AZCOM (as you see it) versus other schools?

Post deleted by user

Last edited:
I graduated from AZCOM back in June (first class to graduate in the new auditorium) and am curious to know what is going on around there these days. I've heard the class size is now 250 (mine was 145) and that the first years no longer have anatomy practicals with cadavers, but now use power point slides with cadavers. I really hope the school hasn't screwed future students by changes like this. Hopefully they have improved the situation with rotations as well.

Having gone through the program, I would be happy to give advice about what to do to succeed, what not to do, and things I wish I knew when I was an entering first year student. As much hard work as med school involved, I really did have alot of fun along the way. But in order to make wise decisions, you've got to talk to upperclassmen and alumni to point you in the right direction. As you will soon find out, Midwestern will provide you with almost no guidance what so ever so it is critical to talk with those who have gone through the program. Best of luck to everyone!

I graduated from AZCOM back in June (first class to graduate in the new auditorium) and am curious to know what is going on around there these days. I've heard the class size is now 250 (mine was 145) and that the first years no longer have anatomy practicals with cadavers, but now use power point slides with cadavers. I really hope the school hasn't screwed future students by changes like this. Hopefully they have improved the situation with rotations as well.

Having gone through the program, I would be happy to give advice about what to do to succeed, what not to do, and things I wish I knew when I was an entering first year student. As much hard work as med school involved, I really did have alot of fun along the way. But in order to make wise decisions, you've got to talk to upperclassmen and alumni to point you in the right direction. As you will soon find out, Midwestern will provide you with almost no guidance what so ever so it is critical to talk with those who have gone through the program. Best of luck to everyone!

Your Midwestern pride is so palpable I can taste it...

Thanks for the advice on seeking upperclass advice, I'm sure it will save a few from a lot of headache!

Inquiringmind24 I would recommend you view other posts made by either myself or from the SGA president to see what's "new" at AZCOM. But to answer a few of your curiosities….

Class size: Yes it is now up to 250. But you will be happy to know that average MCAT and GPAs have not declined in comparison to previous classes. Also, Class of 2012's (1st class with 250 students) average medical school GPA has exceeded the previous class in all percentiles; I suspect class of 2013 will do the same.

Anatomy class: Only the class of 2012 took practicals via power-point. 2012 still did the gross dissection; and honestly, having experienced both it didn't make a difference in the long run. The class of 2013 is now enjoying the newly expanded Sahuaro lab and is back to good ole cadaver-based practicals.

Rotations: please see previous posts as this is a long answer….

Regarding advice: I agree with Inquiringmind24 about talking to upperclassmen about medical school/residency as they are a great resource. However, I disagree with comment of AZCOM giving no guidance- maybe that was your unfortunate experience? Having been involved with the student council and the new rotation system for my class, I can say that the Dean's office, Clinical ed office, student council and SGA have worked ENDLESSLY to guide and inform students. Midwestern U has an open door policy and I have yet to experience anything different from them regarding rotations or other issues. With this being said (and I say this mostly for future medical students), it is the student's responsibility to employ and seek out the available opportunities for guidance. For example, if a student is interested in surgery, that student needs to go and speak with the head of surgery to develop a plan for his or her career. Don't expect to sit back in medical school and have your dream residency handed to you on a silver platter without having to lift a finger. The student needs to be responsible and proactive about their own education to get the most out of the experience.

Future students, please feel free to ask more questions. I try to check the site every so often to help out.
Thanks,
Sarah Ogle MS 2
Class Liaison/Student Council
Student Ambassador

Last edited:
Hey, I was recently accepted to AZCOM, like everything about the school, but my biggest question is with the third year?

You only get 4 weeks of surgery

Most school, osteopathic or allopathic give at least 8 to 12, does AZCOM discourage you from doing surgery? If I wanted to do surgery at AZCOM how do I get around this.

I'm not sure if I want to be a surgeon, but i'm not sure about primary care. I just want to keep my options open until I get clinical experience.

Actually you can do up to 12 weeks of surgery in your 3rd year depending on how you design your schedule- there are only 4 required weeks.
For example, you can do 4 weeks surgery for your core rotation (everyone has to do this), then do 4 weeks of surgery for your rural/underserved/elective rotation, and finally 4 weeks of surgery for your primary care (PC) rotation.
The “rural/underserved/elective” rotation can be done in any specialty, as long as it meets the rural/underserved location requirements. The PC rotation can be done anywhere as long as it is done in PC; general surgery counts as PC.
AZCOM also has a large and active surgery club that holds some great workshops (suturing, knot tying, scrubbing, etc..). AZCOM is also opening up 2 mock OR’s to aid student prep for 3rd year.

Hey, congrats to everyone else in the class of 2014! I'm curious: How are most of you planning on paying for school? Military? Loans? IHS? NHSC?

Did anyone else who interviewed on 9/25 get accepted?

Actually you can do up to 12 weeks of surgery in your 3rd year depending on how you design your schedule- there are only 4 required weeks.
For example, you can do 4 weeks surgery for your core rotation (everyone has to do this), then do 4 weeks of surgery for your rural/underserved/elective rotation, and finally 4 weeks of surgery for your primary care (PC) rotation.
The "rural/underserved/elective" rotation can be done in any specialty, as long as it meets the rural/underserved location requirements. The PC rotation can be done anywhere as long as it is done in PC; general surgery counts as PC.
AZCOM also has a large and active surgery club that holds some great workshops (suturing, knot tying, scrubbing, etc..). AZCOM is also opening up 2 mock OR's to aid student prep for 3rd year.

This is true. Also note that if you want the 3rd year elective, you will have to choose a rural rotation location, in which then you can do 4 more weeks of surgery if so inclined.

Suturing is a big thing on campus. Multiple clubs host suturing labs (free knot tying kits for all), so you'll have plenty of times to practice first year.

EDIT -
Hey, congrats to everyone else in the class of 2014! I'm curious: How are most of you planning on paying for school? Military? Loans? IHS? NHSC?

I'm paying with regular old financial aid. Many of my classmates are military (all branches) and I think the HSPS, but I suggest looking at your options right now.

Unless I wake up with a different personality between now and then, glorious amounts of federal debt. I had considered an Air Force HPSP, but, too much uncertainty with residency placement and of the three branches with their own health services, the Air Force has the fewest number of spots available. Ultimately, I didn't like the thought of investing all of this time and effort into getting into medical school and doing well in it just to potentially have my career determined by the military's needs.

Hi all. I'm Cody and I'm from Texas. I interviewed on 1/25 and got accepted a couple weeks later. Can't wait to get started. At least I have a couple of things to keep me busy for the next 3 1/2 months.

Hey if any of you are planning a trip to Phoenix in June or July before school starts hit me up. I'm looking for a time to go apartment hunting and would like to meet some people before I start.

Hey future classmates! I'm a public health guy, and am interested in any opportunities I can find to gain some experience. Does anyone know what clubs there are at MWU? Is anyone here also interested in public health? Thanks!

Hey future classmates! I'm a public health guy, and am interested in any opportunities I can find to gain some experience. Does anyone know what clubs there are at MWU? Is anyone here also interested in public health? Thanks!

There should be a list of clubs somewhere on the Glendale-campus website, I know I've stumbled upon it several times.

There is a post about half way up this page that has a link to AZCOM clubs.

Do you guys know of places where student families live or recommend? Thanks!

Hey all you class of 2014'ers! I took my spring break to drive out to Phoenix to look at housing. I am also visiting AZCOM and meeting with a representative from financial aid and from academic advising. If you guys have any questions you would like me to ask feel free to write it here or PM me. I'll be here all week till Saturday.

P.S. The weather here has been mid-low 60s. I have had several people personally apologize for how cold it is. . .

I have been in the pool every day:D

is anybody else looking at Stafford Loan info? I got an AZCOM financial aid office email which seems to be telling me to get on it so i can send them the master promisory note. But from all the discussions on sdn last year, it seems like students didn't choose a stafford loan lender till June.

Anyway...anybody have any amazing finds in terms of lenders? Between Chase, Discover and Citi, i'm just guessing because they all look and sound the same.

is anybody else looking at Stafford Loan info? I got an AZCOM financial aid office email which seems to be telling me to get on it so i can send them the master promisory note. But from all the discussions on sdn last year, it seems like students didn't choose a stafford loan lender till June.

Anyway...anybody have any amazing finds in terms of lenders? Between Chase, Discover and Citi, i'm just guessing because they all look and sound the same.

Your conclusion was my conclusion. It seems like a couple of years ago, you may have been able to find a "sweet" deal, now it seems like just about every lender is using the maximum-allowed interest rate, not cutting fees, and offering the same standard "benefits."

There definitely seems to be a good distribution of specialties this year! Thanks for posting the link.

Anyone here know much about the meadow glen apartments about 2.5 miles from the school? wondering if it's a decent place because i need to put the deposit to hold an apt.
any input would be great:)