***AZCOM Class of 2011***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all,

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all of the advice from current students. :thumbup:

...and pho, that's a tough decision, but good luck whatever you decide. :)

Finally, I wanted to ask if anyone has heard from people who have lived at the Isle at Arrowhead. It looks decent and reasonably priced. Not too much bad feedback from apartmentratings.com....Who knows?

Oh, and one last thing...I've been dating this girl for a little over a month and it has been good, not GREAT and not BAD. Anyway, the issue of me moving came up and she said she was willing to move...but I think it's a little early for all of that and there's no way a long distance relationship will work for me. So do I let her go now, OR just have fun and not think about it for the next 2 months?

What is a fella to do?

As always, you guys rock, and pho keep us all updated.

I don't know anyone who has lived at Isle at Arrowhead Ranch but I will be moving in there on June 8th. I've been out to visit and looked at alot of different places but that one was my favorite. If your not moving out til August I can give some better feedback in a few weeks when I'm moved in.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know anyone who has lived at Isle at Arrowhead Ranch but I will be moving in there on June 8th. I've been out to visit and looked at alot of different places but that one was my favorite. If your not moving out til August I can give some better feedback in a few weeks when I'm moved in.

That would be awesome :D

I am actually going out there this weekend (Memorial Weekend) to check them all out, but your feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

whatdapho:
Take a look at the pre-osteopathic board and look at the post, "AZCOM's dirty little secrets..." Maybe that might help you make the decision.

In fact, everyone look at that post! AHHH! I don't know what to think of it anymore! Anyone have opinions?

Wow. That thread is a serious bring down.

Members don't see this ad :)

As far as I know, our class size is still 150 and new changes will not affect us. I am sure school administration is working hard to get new clinical spots for increase in class size starting next year. There is no reason to panic. State of AZ is need of more doctors and keeping students in AZ for third year rotations will help to retain more doctors in AZ. If you still want to do majority of your third year rotation out of AZ, there is a way. I spoke to current AZCOM student and he said that there is a way around that rule and he is doing most of his third year rotation in his home state. Keeping all of the students happy is impossible for any school. I am not saying that the concerns expressed by some of the users on that thread is invalid, but you can always overcome those problems.

The following are my opinions--feel free to disagree, ignore, correct me, whatever.

What bothers me about that thread, that is to say the original poster and a couple of his buddies, is that their attitude is, now that we're graduating, let's try to hurt AZCOM as much as we can--discourage new students who have a choice from coming here. I don't get any sense that they're working with the school administration to reform the problems they perceive, or developing creative solutions for getting better rotations, as one or two intimated. They're whiners. I can totally believe that the school has problems, maybe even severe problems--every school has problems--and AZCOM may be going through a tough time right now. But it hardly seems like a service to the school and to one's fellow students to bash them so gleefully in a public forum. It also is a sad display of immaturity.

I interviewed at six osteopathic schools and turned down two other interviews after reviewing their information. Three of them required class attendance; one in particular assigns you a badge you have to swipe in at the entrance of the lecture hall, and if you're 10 minutes late, or absent, you can get called in front of the dean for disciplinary action. Three of the schools have a no food, no drinks policy outside of the cafeteria area--students told me they would sneak their food and drink bottles in under their jackets and so forth. One school I didn't get invited to had a famous osteopathic department but then lost a lot of its high quality staff to other schools, and now they're trying to build back up. A couple of schools including one I visited had exorbitant tuition for out of staters, like $8K or $9K higher than AZCOM's per annum.

Someone in that thread stated that it would have been better to go to the Caribbean than attend AZCOM. Now you can decide for yourself where's best for you to go, but students from AZCOM are matching into pretty competitive programs and for those of us going into primary care, it's an outstanding program on a gorgeous campus with no lecture attendance requirement or dress code (did I mention the dress codes at some of these other schools???). You have to keep things in perspective.

Look, I'm sure these other schools are fine programs, including one or two of the schools in the Carib--if I had only gotten one acceptance that's where I'd be and I'd be grateful to have gotten in, but luckily I had a choice and I picked AZCOM for a variety of reasons. You can't base your career decisions on a couple of school bashing threads in an internet forum. You have to do your due diligence: visit the school, call them, talk to students, and form your own opinion. These are skills that will be needed from here on in. I'm visiting to look for housing in about 3 weeks and I'll be visiting the school at that time and checking into some of these issues, and will report back if anyone's interested.

Good luck to everyone,
Therapy Ball

I kind of feel like someone should e-mail that entire thread to the dean of the college and ask what's up. Stir up a little fun! :cool:

I just wanted to say that I feel sorry for you guys having to put up with all of the complaining and AZCOM bashing going on in that forum. While some of what they say is true, you have to remember that many who go on SDN to post these kind of things are frustrated for a variety of reasons. Maybe they didn't get the residency they wanted, maybe they didn't work hard enough to get the rotations they wanted. During the second year, I was proactive and ended up with very good rotations, as well as many friends of mine. Believe me, the rotation situation is much better than it used to be. While I don't agree with the school limiting our class to 3 out of system rotations, many of my classmates who worked hard and did their research obtained solid rotations.

However I do have an issue with the amount of board prep time the school gave us this year. Instead of two and a half to three weeks of prep, we really should be given 4 to 6 weeks of board prep. Plus, all of those silly clinical classes really did take time away from board prep last quarter. Many of my classmates complained about this and I wouldn't be surprised if we help change these things for future classes.

Now the increase in class size really does concern me, but I don't think it will affect your class. I just hope for the sake of future classes, they make the expansions necessary to accommodate this increase.

While I would take what they say into some consideration, don't make your decisions based on a few frustrated students. I've talked to quite a few 3rd and 4th year students who had great experiences during their clinical years. And honestly, I thought the match list was excellent for this year's class. Although a couple of students didn't match into the opthomology program they wanted, they still matched into transitional year programs tied into institutions that offer opthomology. Will they end up getting those residencies? Who knows, but they are in position to have a shot. From my experience the most frustrated students (like my roommate who wants to do ENT) are those who really want to land a super competetive residency. Those who are gunning for those spots really put themselves in a difficult position by attending a DO school anyway.

Bottom line, AZCOM will get you were you need to be if you put in the hard work and dedication. Just don't expect them to go out of their way to help you. That's just the way it is. I would recommend that you 2011ers start worrying about how to takle anatomy and biochem rather than about what some frustrated med students say on SDN.

Thanks for the uplifting post, Inquiringmind :love: Except that part about figuring out how to tackle biochem, lol

as far as the "cut and run" thread, congrats to us as we're now the school of the month. :hardy: go, azcom. i recall seeing similar threads addressing nova, the touros, and lecom (some schools seem to have these threads popping up every month). i guess it's only fair we get some fan/hate threading, too. :beat:

so, it sounds as though some students are currently struggling with and/or unhappy with rotations. alright. noted. but the hype about UofA-Phx, ATSU, and azcom size increases destroying any hope of a decent rotation will not affect our year. while it's a legitimate concern for the future, our native counterparts--i.e. UA-Phx and ATSU--won't kill us. we can all still get along. UofA-Phx's first class will only have ~24 students. ATSU's only going to have a handful staying in phx and they're set up in community centers and the indian hospital. our class isn't growing--at least not that i'm aware of. so it's going to be about being proactive with the rotation evals and being smart about our 'elective'/travel rotations. i'd hope we'd do that anyways. we may have to put some work and flexibility into our rotation planning, but i don't think we're doomed. the sky's not falling.

Right on, Testy.

I'm all about speaking up when things need to be heard. I'm a supervisor at the non-profit social services team where I work, and I swear upper management wants to kick my a$$ most of the time...I'm surprised I haven't been fired yet (although they do know I'm leaving for school, so maybe they're just trying to amuse themselves in the meantime).

I think we need to be pro-active in all these matters that are being discussed and not be doom-and-gloom. Nothing ever gets done with such an attitude, no matter how convenient it seems to be. It's just so much easier to b!tch and moan than it is to really address issues head-on...but then again, it's much easier to flunk out of college rather than bust your arse trying to get to medical school. So we have it in us.

Class of 2011 = Rockstars. No, not the caffeinated beverage.

Right on, Testy.

I'm all about speaking up when things need to be heard. I'm a supervisor at the non-profit social services team where I work, and I swear upper management wants to kick my a$$ most of the time...I'm surprised I haven't been fired yet (although they do know I'm leaving for school, so maybe they're just trying to amuse themselves in the meantime).

I think we need to be pro-active in all these matters that are being discussed and not be doom-and-gloom. Nothing ever gets done with such an attitude, no matter how convenient it seems to be. It's just so much easier to b!tch and moan than it is to really address issues head-on...but then again, it's much easier to flunk out of college rather than bust your arse trying to get to medical school. So we have it in us.

Class of 2011 = Rockstars.

I'll Second that :thumbup:

Dude, DocBR, I just noticed how much your avatar looks like my hyperthyroid 8-year-old cat...FREAKY! You will get to meet him in August if you want!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, our outgoing student government president just posted a very informative thread in the bashing forum that you should read. He really knows the inner workings of the administration so really listen to what he says. It ought to cheer you up a bit :thumbup:

I am a current 4th graduating next month. If any of you have any specific concerns/questions about the school, pm me and we can talk. I have a month off before residency and am bored crazy. Congrats you all for getting into AZCOM!

I'm sorry to say this but I've decided to drop my acceptance at AZCOM and attend DMU instead. However, it wasn't because of all this recent AZCOM bashing. When I attended my interview at AZCOM I was excited, mainly because I was at my first medical interview. When I interviewed at DMU, I was completely blown away. The curriculum, the facilities, and the city itself impressed me such much that I knew if I was accepted I would attend DMU over AZCOM. So I had already made my decision before all this bashing occurred. Now that I've been taken off the waitlist, I cannot let this opportunity pass me by. Thank you so much to everyone that i've been chatting with and who has given me support. I know you guys will become excellent physicians in the future and hopefully one day we'll work side by side. Good luck to everyone who will be attending AZCOM and to anyone still deciding on where to go. Med school will be fun yet grueling. Everyone hang in there and in four years, regardless of where you go, we can all call ourselves Dr....:)

Dude, DocBR, I just noticed how much your avatar looks like my hyperthyroid 8-year-old cat...FREAKY! You will get to meet him in August if you want!

I love cats!

I'm sorry to hear that whatdapho you're missing out on a great place to be, but DMU really does have nice facilities. I turned down my interview at DMU so I guess I'll never know for sure. I just finished my 1st year at AZCOM and it's a great place to go to school. I interviewed and was accepted at several DO schools, and AZCOM just "fit" right for me, and I am SO glad I didn't go to the other schools I was accepted to. I even gave up the cheap tuition at North Texas DO school because I wanted to go here, and I'm so glad I did. If I had the chance to choose again, knowing what its like thus far I would STRONGLY encourage myself to make the same decision...if that made any sense. Granted 3 years from now when I fully realize I have to pay all this money back, I might not think that, (much like some of the people in the "downer" post) but money is money. As long as I can eat, I don't care...and maybe a big screen or two...:D

I just finished my 1st year as well. So far I am very pleased with AZCOM. Sure there are things I don't like, but on the average there are tons of things I that are great about AZCOM. You really do get out of your education what you put into it. For example, I went a school in Central Illinois and we didn't have many of the opportunities that the city has to offer. I've done physicals for amateur boxing, patched people up at the marathon, went to spring training baseball games, and did nearly 50 physicals in one day on high school athletes. I know I wouldn't have had those opportunities in other cities. I know that 3rd and 4th year will offer challenges to find rotations and hone in on a residency but I am truly a believer that if you work hard for what you want, you'll get to where you wanna go. Sometimes you have to tweak your plan but seriously everybody here is an overachieving student. Just do it...as Nike says. AZCOM is AWESOME and the class of 2011 will be almost as great as the class of 2010...:laugh:

I'm sorry to hear that whatdapho you're missing out on a great place to be, but DMU really does have nice facilities. I turned down my interview at DMU so I guess I'll never know for sure. I just finished my 1st year at AZCOM and it's a great place to go to school. I interviewed and was accepted at several DO schools, and AZCOM just "fit" right for me, and I am SO glad I didn't go to the other schools I was accepted to. I even gave up the cheap tuition at North Texas DO school because I wanted to go here, and I'm so glad I did. If I had the chance to choose again, knowing what its like thus far I would STRONGLY encourage myself to make the same decision...if that made any sense. Granted 3 years from now when I fully realize I have to pay all this money back, I might not think that, (much like some of the people in the "downer" post) but money is money. As long as I can eat, I don't care...and maybe a big screen or two...:D

I agree...don't listen to all the bashing. AZCOM is a great school, sure it has it's short comings but so does every other med school. No mater where you go, you will find people that are overly negative who could come up with their own post to match the one about AZCOM. One thing I've learned from this past year...don't take everything you hear as the truth. There is so much misinformation going around, only about 1/4th of what you hear is actually right. Just be careful who you listen to.

I've had a lot of great experiences this year beyond what my friends at other med schools (MD & DO) have had. Right now, I feel that the school has given us a great foundation for the rest of our education. I've also met many physicians that are AZCOM grads who feel that they were well prepared for life beyond med school.

I'm glad I chose AZCOM and hope that you guys won't get too worried by what these people have to say. I look forward to the next three years and the opportunity to become an excellant physician.

Does anyone know how to go about finding a good lender for the Grad Plus loan? When I called financial aid, the lady told me that some lenders offer better kick-backs/deals. I have no clue where to find those nice lenders...any help? :oops:

Does anyone know how to go about finding a good lender for the Grad Plus loan? When I called financial aid, the lady told me that some lenders offer better kick-backs/deals. I have no clue where to find those nice lenders...any help? :oops:

I have heard good things about T.H.E. loans (that is where I am planning on going for my Grad Plus loan). Here is the website: http://www.northstar.org/

I have not heard good things about Sallie Mae, which is the school's preferred lender, so that is why I am going with a different lender. Good luck!

I have heard good things about T.H.E. loans (that is where I am planning on going for my Grad Plus loan). Here is the website: http://www.northstar.org/

I have not heard good things about Sallie Mae, which is the school's preferred lender, so that is why I am going with a different lender. Good luck!

Can you share what you have heard about Sallie Mae, and what source was it--a posting on SDN, or experiences told you by a friend, or...? I'm going through Sallie Mae myself and they're a pretty reputable lender, or so I thought.

Can you share what you have heard about Sallie Mae, and what source was it--a posting on SDN, or experiences told you by a friend, or...? I'm going through Sallie Mae myself and they're a pretty reputable lender, or so I thought.

Two friends of mine that I currently work with used Sallie Mae for their loans while they were working on their master's degrees. They told me that they were not able to consolidate this loan with other loans (from undergraduate). They also raised her interest rate several times (although I guess this wouldn't be a problem if you go with the fixed interest rate loans?) and their customer service wasn't very good. I remember reading fairly recently on CNN.com that Sallie Mae was taken over, I think by Citibank? so maybe some of these issues have been resolved. There were also a few earlier posts on this particular thread about Sallie Mae from other students, I will try to find those.

I am not saying that Sallie Mae is not a reputable lender, and I think it would be fine for you to get your loan through them, but my impression is that you might end up paying more in interest and fees, etc. Just my thoughts, so take that for what it's worth! :p

guess everyone's on vacation,haha :hardy:

Okay, I'll get us started back up!

I was wondering if you guys are getting any vaccinations/titers now, or if you're waiting until you get to school to have them done. Part of me vaguely remembers that the school will draw titers for us when we get there? Can anyone confirm that?

Also, are there any current students who can give us some names of good family doctors they and their families see?

I was wondering if you guys are getting any vaccinations/titers now, or if you're waiting until you get to school to have them done. Part of me vaguely remembers that the school will draw titers for us when we get there? Can anyone confirm that?

Also, are there any current students who can give us some names of good family doctors they and their families see?

I have begun getting vaccinations. I only needed tetanus to fill the AZCOM requirements, but I threw in hep A and meningitis for good measure.

As for the titers: my recollection was that the school does not give us the titers, but they have a contract with a local laboratory who will do the titers at a discounted price. I think we get more info on that during orientation.

My family doctor in Arizona is Lawrence LeBeau, who is awesome! He works out of Gilbert, which is about a 50 minute drive from AZCOM.:( He reminds me of a pre-HMO, pre-lets-sue-everyone-everywhere kind of doc. He will spend plenty of time with you, calls in medications over the phone if you need him to, gives you his honest opinion, etc. During my AZCOM physical he spent 25 minutes doing the physical, followed by 20 minutes telling me how exciting the journey ahead will be.

i was getting worried the thread was going to get lost in the endless class threads abyss, haha. Anyways, i was wondering if people were going to get the schools insurance. I have blue cross california, and it meets most of the requirements (covers out of state, 5,000,000 coverage...etc.) but i do not have perscription drug benefits. Think they will let me use that one? Thanks for your advise, and can't wait to see yall in the fall!!!! :thumbup:

I plan on doing the titers at school with their lab and I've already done the vaccines. Though I still have one left in my Hep B.

I was looking into it, and I don't think the school's health insurance is actually a good deal for me. Go to esurance.com and check out those prices.

Also, I had mentioned on a thread a long long time ago that if you're buying a laptop you should totally buy a mac (stick by it even more now that I've used Vista). Right now, apple's doing a deal where if you buy a pc you get a nano for free (and probably a $100 for a printer). Great deal! They've done this the past 3 summers, and it's always lasted the entire summer.

I am also probably going with the school-sponsored insurance plan. Deductible isn't too horrific and you can't really ask for more than 80% coverage these days anywhere. Does coverage start August 22?

I need to buy a computer because mine is a dinosaur but I was thinking about getting a convertible tablet PC. I've been looking/playing around with them at various places and they are awesome! Prices keep dropping too so aren't very much more expensive than a MacBook, for example. I just like the fact that I could write all over it with the stylus. I like handwriting notes; guess that qualifies me as an old fart, LOL

I am also probably going with the school-sponsored insurance plan. Deductible isn't too horrific and you can't really ask for more than 80% coverage these days anywhere. Does coverage start August 22?

I need to buy a computer because mine is a dinosaur but I was thinking about getting a convertible tablet PC. I've been looking/playing around with them at various places and they are awesome! Prices keep dropping too so aren't very much more expensive than a MacBook, for example. I just like the fact that I could write all over it with the stylus. I like handwriting notes; guess that qualifies me as an old fart, LOL

Sarikate,

I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Convertable tablet for next year and I am in love with it!

Sarikate,

I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Convertable tablet for next year and I am in love with it!

I'm going to buy the Lenovo T60 I think (light weight, durable, fast, and reliable)...WOOHOO for Lenovos =).

I forgot if AZCOM is one of the schools that requires you to get half naked for OMM lab. Does anyone remember?

Even though the prices are more comparable, make sure the features (including memory and RAM speed) it comes with are comparable. When I got my mac, if you upgraded a dell to include what was already in the mac, it cost more than the mac. No idea if it's still like that or not.

Goooooooooo Tritons!!!!!!!!!!! haha yes I graduated the same year but I was at Marshall. Will you be attending AZCOM as well?? I'm back in the bay area and I miss good ole San Diego and its wonderful weather and eateries...mmmmmmm.
Hola, I'm another Triton that'll be joining my dear classmates. Sorry to hear that pho is leaving us but I'm sure he'll love DMU. I was actually accepted back in Dec but didn't know there was a forum for osteopathic classes until my Big Bro Phung told me about it. I'm really happy that they provide the Big Bro program because he has been really helped in answering all my questions in detail. Last but not least, I'm really excited about meeting all of you and the classes, but not looking forward to the weather... *faint... Any golfers out there? :laugh:

P.S Jose messed up on my housing app so I'm stuck in a studio... hopefully that'll be ok

Hola, I'm another Triton that'll be joining my dear classmates. Sorry to hear that pho is leaving us but I'm sure he'll love DMU. I was actually accepted back in Dec but didn't know there was a forum for osteopathic classes until my Big Bro Phung told me about it. I'm really happy that they provide the Big Bro program because he has been really helped in answering all my questions in detail. Last but not least, I'm really excited about meeting all of you and the classes, but not looking forward to the weather... *faint... Any golfers out there? :laugh:

P.S Jose messed up on my housing app so I'm stuck in a studio... hopefully that'll be ok

Hey there! welcome to the class thread. You heard from your Big Bro too? That's awesome. I'm so happy that the school has this program. Are the studios that bad? I picked a studio too because it was the cheapest on campus option and I'm paranoid about not having enough money for cost of living. See you around!

Did your big bro/sis contact you first? I haven't heard a peep about the program. Sounds like it'd be nice to have that contact, though! I am starting to get a little nutso - 3 weeks until our big move.

Since we are driving down, and it's going to take about 15 days to do so, I'm going to fly back up to Anchorage to retrieve my two cats 2 weeks before school starts. The problem is that they'll have to fly cargo because you can't bring more than one pet in the cabin with you and I'm not keen on separating them. The other problem is that they could refuse to fly the cats if the temperature at any time is forecast to be over 85 degrees on the ground. Dude, I'm moving to Phoenix in August.

I'm going to take a redeye that leaves Alaska at 1 a.m. and gets into Phoenix at 9 a.m. I'm just hoping that it'll still be cool enough in the morning so they don't hold up the cats during our layover in Salt Lake!

Did your big bro/sis contact you first? I haven't heard a peep about the program. Sounds like it'd be nice to have that contact, though! I am starting to get a little nutso - 3 weeks until our big move.

Since we are driving down, and it's going to take about 15 days to do so, I'm going to fly back up to Anchorage to retrieve my two cats 2 weeks before school starts. The problem is that they'll have to fly cargo because you can't bring more than one pet in the cabin with you and I'm not keen on separating them. The other problem is that they could refuse to fly the cats if the temperature at any time is forecast to be over 85 degrees on the ground. Dude, I'm moving to Phoenix in August.

I'm going to take a redeye that leaves Alaska at 1 a.m. and gets into Phoenix at 9 a.m. I'm just hoping that it'll still be cool enough in the morning so they don't hold up the cats during our layover in Salt Lake!
Haha wow Anchorage to Phoenix, talking about transition! Yea actually my Big Bro contacted me first, he has been extremely helpful in answering my questions regarding the orientation to the white coat ceremony. I'd suggest you contact the student service for a big bro/sis. And g'luck w/ your cats~ C ya!

-Alan

Woah, what is this big bro/sis business? Am I incredibly out of the loop or something.... I've never heard of it. Can someone explain what it is/ how I get one. thanks!

PAfuturedoc: Whatsup :) I want my big brother/ sister. I need to contact student services huh.

Sarikate: August is one of the hottest months, night time lows should be in the 70's but if you get in before 9am it should still be in the low to mid 80s if I recall correctly. I just know that when the sun really starts climbing it'll hit 100+ before 10:30.

aletham- hey buddy! Is student services the place to call for the big bro program? How did you hear about it? Also, how is the house search going? I haven't seen anything too great on craigslist but I will let you know if I see anything - holla back.

My Big Sib contacted me by email. I think every student is assigned a big sib but maybe some of them are still decompressing right now, or off deep sea diving or climbing Mt Everest.

Regarding laptops, I just ordered a Dell for $580 that is pretty loaded; XP, 60 gigs, 1 gig memory, 9-cell battery, DVD dual layer writer, wifi etc. Actually I called back and doubled the hard disk to 120 gigs for an extra $90. I'm worried that all my MP3s won't fit on it!!!! If you go to the Small Business section you can get XP--only the Consumer section forces you to buy Vista. Someone stated that Mac laptops are the best. I would agree with this, but they do cost more. Anyway I'm probably going to put Ubuntu Linux on it so it'll be halfway to a Mac!

Does anyone have a feel for what it's like to bike in Glendale? We're looking at places a couple of miles from campus. If you bike 2-3 miles at 7am are you going to be pouring sweat when you get there?

Does anyone have a feel for what it's like to bike in Glendale? We're looking at places a couple of miles from campus. If you bike 2-3 miles at 7am are you going to be pouring sweat when you get there?

Theraball, I've done plenty of research regarding what temperature it will be in the hottest month of the year in the early morning hours - because of the flying-cats issue! It should be less than 85 degrees at that hour every morning. Which doesn't mean you won't be pouring with sweat. But it's pretty flat around that area so probably not too much huffing and puffing. I'd think it'd be very nice, probably.

Woah, what is this big bro/sis business? Am I incredibly out of the loop or something.... I've never heard of it. Can someone explain what it is/ how I get one. thanks!
Big Brothers/Sisters are second year MSII mentors. Each MSI is assigned a Big. You could contact Bea Smith to find out who your Big is, but I wouldn't sit by the computer waiting for a reply. All my MSII classmates are enjoying the summer and trying their hardest NOT to think about the fall. But if you don't hear from them a week before classes, then definitely look them up. some Bigs are really helpful. My big sister gave me all her old books and tons of helpful advice. But then I know people who did not even know the name of their Bigs because the Big hadn't even bothered to contact them. Even if you don't get a helpful Big, making friends with a couple MSIIs can make all the difference.

The studios aren't too bad. They are pretty big. The only thing is there won't be a separate room for you to study in...if you need to be far away from your bed, like me! But the library will be next door, so no worries.

I'm going to buy the Lenovo T60 I think (light weight, durable, fast, and reliable)...WOOHOO for Lenovos =).

I forgot if AZCOM is one of the schools that requires you to get half naked for OMM lab. Does anyone remember?
You do not have to take your clothes off, although some Docs (Wordon, in particular) wants the students to be in their underwear during OMM. But don't feel pressured by her or anyone else. Taking clothes off is totally optional. Some guys take their shirts off, but even those guys are a minority.

You do not have to take your clothes off, although some Docs (Wordon, in particular) wants the students to be in their underwear during OMM. But don't feel pressured by her or anyone else. Taking clothes off is totally optional. Some guys take their shirts off, but even those guys are a minority.

Thanks so much for answering my question...I was beginning to think I was being ignored :oops:.

I am living in an on-campus studio too! When you say that they are pretty big, does that mean that I could fit at least a full sized bed in there? Also, how big is the closet (if there even is one)?

Goozbah or anyone else who has lived on campus -
Hey! Quick Question about the apartments. How is the internet service? I heard it is free but I am wondering about its quality. Is it wireless? Also, they say we get cable TV. What is that like? Does the apt. have a dishwasher? Finally, I believe you have to pay for the electric each month. On average, What is the bill each month for your studio? What do you think it would be for a one-bedroom?
Thanks.................:)

Thanks so much for answering my question...I was beginning to think I was being ignored :oops:.

I am living in an on-campus studio too! When you say that they are pretty big, does that mean that I could fit at least a full sized bed in there? Also, how big is the closet (if there even is one)?
I actually don't live on campus, but my friend does live in a studio. She had a queen/full size bed, a side table, a sitting chair with ottoman, a bookshelf with tv, and a small kitchen table with two chairs. It wasn't congested or crowded even with all that furniture, although it was stuff from IKEA which is more streamlined than most other furniture. The closet was the kind with the two sliding doors--not walk in. She did have a storage closet on the balcony that she used as a second closet. She has a ton of things.