AWWARDS 2017 (Emeritus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This exists because I wanted to give retired and/or somewhat inactive players and mods a chance at being recognized. It will follow the same format as the first AWWARDS to avoid chronological dissonance in what categories people can be nominated for.

From December 18 to January 15, you may nominate people for different categories. Starting January 15 until February 4, you may vote. This thread may be used to publicly speculate. Live reveal starts soon after.

Guidelines
  • You may include a maximum of three people in your nominations per category. You may only vote for one person in the eventual voting.
  • Names nominated at least twice in each category will be on final ballot.
  • You may not attempt to send in multiple nomination or voting ballots.
  • Posts in threads aren't nominations.
  • You may change your nominations, as long as you resend the entire post. Nominations may not be changed after deadline.
  • You may not self-nominate/self-vote.
I'll start accepting nominations in PMs. The message should include your nominees for each category.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Categories
Friendliest player
Funniest player
Most improved
Best noob
Best quote
Best game
Best village (team)
Best wolves (team)
Best villager
Best wolf
Best overall
Best mod
Funniest mod
Most likely to die D1
Most likely to die N1
Easiest push
Hardest push
Best role
Most likely to choke
Best fakeclaim
Best reads
Best 3p
Best team player
Wackiest tinfoil
Most commonly village read
Most commonly wolf read

Members don't see this ad :)
If you've been tagged, you have played and/or modded at least one of these games and I thought you might be interested:

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah. Have not played in a long while at this point. This is a cool idea though. Never knew you guys did this.

Reactions: 1 users
This was a good year. My noob game, followed by subbing in as a wolf in an STL game for my first real game, my first games as a mod, ooh and wwar of three wworlds where I wolfed and won

Yeah. Have not played in a long while at this point. This is a cool idea though. Never knew you guys did this.
How creepy is it to think that we were there at the start of this all (you more than me. "Modern complex" games predate me by like 3-4 games), we played and nodded for YEARS, and (in both our cases), mechanics that people all take for granted were created by us, we had real life stress because we enjoyed playing this too much.....

And yet we both haven't played in at least four years and they can have a best of all time awards that just simply does not go back far enough to even include our our last few games

Reactions: 6 users
How creepy is it to think that we were there at the start of this all (you more than me. "Modern complex" games predate me by like 3-4 games), we played and nodded for YEARS, and (in both our cases), mechanics that people all take for granted were created by us, we had real life stress because we enjoyed playing this too much.....

And yet we both haven't played in at least four years and they can have a best of all time awards that just simply does not go back far enough to even include our our last few games

But have to give props (do the kids even say that any longer these days?) to @Nutmeg (along with @Carbon ?) who gave us all the “house/group” model with the ability to PM during the (first) Harry Potter game. Prior to this no PMs in game unless one was a “twins”.

But agree with you that most of the current regular mechanics were developed by us. Though we can’t take credit for any twists or turns on those mechanics.

I think this thread though is awards for games that occurred in 2017.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
But have to give props (do the kids even say that any longer these days?) to @Nutmeg (along with @Carbon ?) who gave us all the “house/group” model with the ability to PM during the (first) Harry Potter game. Prior to this no PMs in game unless one was a “twins”.

But agree with you that most of the current regular mechanics were developed by us. Though we can’t take credit for any twists or turns on those mechanics.

I think this thread though is awards for games that occurred in 2020.

@AgentBumcorn games FTW! Ah, back when we didn’t have kids. Those were the days. 🙃

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I miss @vhawk :bag::sorry:

Wait how did 2 noob games get included this time?
It's specifically because the first one had a game being voted for that was never originally on the list. Now every past thread has been realigned to account for that error.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
I'm glad this thread got posted, because I went through the 2018 list ~6 times and could not find the wolf sweep with LIS, cray, and paws... and I was starting to think I hallucinated it. And imagining something like that felt inappropriately egotistical :laugh:

To anyone who's reviewing the games, nominations will start being collected in one month!

ricky gervais film GIF by eOneFilms

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Nominations are officially open.

• Wow
I only ended up getting a couple of submissions, so it may be best to cancel this awwards.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users