August 14 Step 2 CS results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkey Jones

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to wish everyone luck that will be getting results tomorrow on Step 2 CS. I know this exam is rough with the new passing margins. Hopefully we all pass. Gather here and share your results once you get them!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to wish everyone luck that will be getting results tomorrow on Step 2 CS. I know this exam is rough with the new passing margins. Hopefully we all pass. Gather here and share your results once you get them!

I can't believe we've had to wait over two months to get the results back. This test has become ridiculous.

New passing margins? I had no idea they changed anything... Also, I noticed there is a range of time that they say scores may be reported in, does that mean we may have to wait longer or do all results come in tomorrow?

New passing margins? I had no idea they changed anything... Also, I noticed there is a range of time that they say scores may be reported in, does that mean we may have to wait longer or do all results come in tomorrow?

Means we could potentially have to wait longer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, but I took it on June first so I was hoping they could get it scored in 2.5 months and have it out on the first score release date

I think we will still get scores today. The NBME score reporting schedule said that most examinees will get their scores on the first Wednesday. They already put out step 1 and CK scores so CS must be soon. Have patience grasshopper!

I just remember getting my Step 1 score at about 3:30pm Central time last year. I think there's still hope for today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just remember getting my Step 1 score at about 3:30pm Central time last year. I think there's still hope for today.

lol Ugh I won't be able to focus on anything else all day. -keeps hitting refresh like a crazy person-. :(.

lol Ugh I won't be able to focus on anything else all day. -keeps hitting refresh like a crazy person-. :(.

I totally hear you. I am obsessively checking my e-mail, and hitting refresh on the NBME website every few minutes, but every time I do it kicks me out and I get all excited, only to log in again to find it hasn't been posted. :(

I totally hear you. I am obsessively checking my e-mail, and hitting refresh on the NBME website every few minutes, but every time I do it kicks me out and I get all excited, only to log in again to find it hasn't been posted. :(
I just got check4change to do that for me.:)

So no one has gotten an email yet? :mad: I'm so antsy! I took CS towards the end of the testing period so I'm not even sure I'll get mine back today... :scared:

So no one has gotten an email yet? :mad: I'm so antsy! I took CS towards the end of the testing period so I'm not even sure I'll get mine back today... :scared:

Took mine June 24 which is roughly in the middle and still nothing. I'll hold out hope until 5 PM but I think after that, I'll have to wait till next Wed or longer.

June 13th here, no word as of yet... i don't even know where i'm supposed to check to keep refreshing (IMG), oasis?

June 13th here, no word as of yet... i don't even know where i'm supposed to check to keep refreshing (IMG), oasis?

You'll get an email notification. Alternatively, you can sign into OASIS ECFMG and go under Score Report where once available, you should be able to see a link to your score report.

Rumor has it that August 14th USMLE CS results are delayed by 1 week but I highly doubt it looking at the wording.

"Dear Student Doctor,
The August 14, 2013 USMLE Step 2 CS results have been delayed due to score changes and making sure the quality of passing score is valid for the upcoming match year. I hope you understand this matter and please do not hesitate to contact NBME for any questions you may have. In the mean time please understand this delay is for your benefit, since the passing mark will be adjusted to pass more test takers from other 2013 reporting periods. Also there will be no reporting on the September 11, 2013.
Thank you for your patience"

Last edited:
You'll get an email notification. Alternatively, you can sign into OASIS ECFMG and go under Score Report where once available, you should be able to see a link to your score report.

Do AMGs access score reports through OASIS too? Or the NBME site?

It's an IMH website claiming that message only shows up for AMGs in their NBME portal. Quite convenient that its the place where nobody on that site an actually check.

Nothing on our nbme site. Trolls freakin people out.

The only message I found is (which has been on the usmle website for months):

For each "Testing Period" in the above schedule, Step 2 CS scores are released every Wednesday over a corresponding four-to five-week "Reporting Period." It is expected that results for the vast majority of examinees who take the exam during the testing period will be reported on the first Wednesday of the Reporting Period. Results for 98%-99% of examinees who take the exam during the testing period are reported by the third Wednesday in a Reporting Period. For a small percentage of examinees (1%-2%), scoring and quality assurance may be not completed in time for these examinees to be reported by the first three reporting dates; these will typically be examinees who took the exam in the latter part of the testing period.

When's the latest that they will give scores out today?

Just called ECFMG to verify this rumor (and this is based on the person i spoke to so believe what you will)... the representative said there is NO DELAY in reporting scores and that if you haven't received an email by this morning... then your score is not out this week. so much for wasting an entire night and half a day freaking out :(

Just called ECFMG to verify this rumor (and this is based on the person i spoke to so believe what you will)... the representative said there is NO DELAY in reporting scores and that if you haven't received an email by this morning... then your score is not out this week. so much for wasting an entire night and half a day freaking out :(

-sigh- Another week of stressing...

Hmmm

There is over 70 people viewing this thread right now. If ANY scores were released today someone would have posted by now.

Something doesn't add up if there truly is no delay.

So if that's the case, nobody got their scores today? You'd think somebody would have come on to say they got theirs.

-sigh- Another week of stressing...

I'm kind of relieved. I'd rather live another week hoping that maybe I passed, and that maybe those two SPs didn't hate me after all, and that there's a chance that all the mistakes I made didn't actually happen and it was all some kind of elaborate and incredibly specific nightmare. I'd rather think all that instead of knowing for sure that I failed. Ignorance may not be bliss...but it's a whole lot less stressful than reality.

What a waste of time, enegry and ressources! Nobody got their CS results as of yet.

And to whomever made up the bull**** with the one week delay and the additional test takers who are going to pass: Bad joke, my friend. Get a life!

I'm kind of relieved. I'd rather live another week hoping that maybe I passed, and that maybe those two SPs didn't hate me after all, and that there's a chance that all the mistakes I made didn't actually happen and it was all some kind of elaborate and incredibly specific nightmare. I'd rather think all that instead of knowing for sure that I failed. Ignorance may not be bliss...but it's a whole lot less stressful than reality.

I'd rather just take the hit either way than wait in this endless misery which is distracting me from CK studying lol. :(. I think I need to just put the computer away.

seriously... this is the worst distraction from CK studying... took me forever to review 1 block on uworld because i keep checking my email. this is bs.

I'd rather just take the hit either way than wait in this endless misery which is distracting me from CK studying lol. :(. I think I need to just put the computer away.

OMG ditto!!! I have been unable to do anything productive with my studies today. It's such a shame...another week will just drive me nuts.

Seeing as how no one got their score, I think there truly is a delay. I checked on multiple boards, and not one single person got his or her score today. I'm not sure what to make of this.

Hopefully my failing score will be delayed until after September 15, so that it wont be on my ERAS!

I am at Marshall SOM. A group of us took ours on July 2 at the GA test center, and none of us have gotten our scores back. Neither did the ones who took theirs the following week. Has ANYONE gotten their score?

This is shameful. It's been over 2 months. If I fail at this point, I don't know what I'm going to do. It will be right before my CK next week. Hope they are enjoying their August beach vacations with our $1500.