This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It was April 4th :)
for those of you who've already gotten offers, what deadline did they give you to reply? Just trying to get an idea of when second round offers may come out, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what grades we have to maintain once accepted for Cork? I got an orgo exam coming up and its gonna be a tough one lol

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL I am assuming I won't get in as it seems they favor Canadian applicants and I haven't gotten an email. Competition must be fierce. I have applied and been accepted to an MPH program transfer from my current MS in nutrition so I can have a job lol. Just wondering if you guys think I should try again next year? Is it worth it?

I was also wondering the same thing. Aside from that one person that got into Cork 4 year, has anyone else heard anything?

It could be possible that people who aren’t on this forum have gotten in.

for those of you who've already gotten offers, what deadline did they give you to reply? Just trying to get an idea of when second round offers may come out, thanks!

For those who are interested, in our year, 2016, someone got accepted into the 4 year program at UCC in August... There's always hope :D But I image the application got a lot stronger now, so the last round probably won't be as late.

Hey, congrats on your offer to UCC! I looked into Australian schools and have personally called a couple; however, many of the offices I called told me that the competition is fierce and that the maximum number of Canadians admitted yearly is about 5 people.
Thanks! I hope you receive an offer soon! did you call the Unis directly and spoke to the admissions office? because there is no way only 5 Canadians get accepted into dentistry, Melbourne Uni alone has admitted about 20 Canadians into DDS course this year.
Make sure you call all the unis apply to all of them. Best of Luck.

I did read that Australia and NZ also have reciprocity agreements with Canada, but I couldn’t find what schools were included in that or if it was all schools. If anyone has a link to more information that would be great :)
I believe all schools are admitted to this agreement, but to make sure, you can call the dental board of Canada and ask them about this specific question :) they surely will tell you.

I did read that Australia and NZ also have reciprocity agreements with Canada, but I couldn’t find what schools were included in that or if it was all schools. If anyone has a link to more information that would be great :)

Check out OzTREKK. I can't post the signup link but if you go thru their website you should be able to find it. Once you signup they send you really helpful emails with free school specific details.

Just got accepted to UCC 4 year BDS Program! Thank God!!
GUYS IT'S STILL NOT TOO LATE! KEEP YOUR HOPES UP!! $_$

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to the UCC 4 year program on Thursday, anyone make a facebook group we could join?

For those interested I graduated from Queen's with a BSc w/ honours in Life Sciences from and a 3.78/4.3 GPA with volunteer work, running conferences, dental shadowing, peer tutoring, TAing etc. I scored a 23 A.A on my DAT but I believe that is irrelevant for the Atlantic Bridge program.

There is a few on the go I found!

I haven't gotten accepted to UCC or TCD but I've been accepted to QUB.
Looks like I'll be going there.

Congrats! You will love it here in Cork :)

Also, someone was asking how many people UCC accepts, I think the number is around 15 grad entries plus 3 or 4 maybe even 5 five years

Just got accepted to UCC 4 year BDS Program! Thank God!!
GUYS IT'S STILL NOT TOO LATE! KEEP YOUR HOPES UP!! $_$

Any idea what the school year is exactly in Ireland? I tried Google but couldn't find a definitive answer. I know exam times prob might change every year but as an example, when did the school year end this year? How long was winter break, are there any reading week breaks etc?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
From my understanding, all of the successful applicants will have revived invitations at this point. June is usually when they send out some of the rejection letters. There is a possibility that some people will decline acceptance for a spot somewhere else. If that’s the case then the few remaining on the waitlist will revive an offer. So realistically there is still hope!

Any idea what the school year is exactly in Ireland? I tried Google but couldn't find a definitive answer. I know exam times prob might change every year but as an example, when did the school year end this year? How long was winter break, are there any reading week breaks etc?
Thanks in advance!
I attend Trinity and so cant speak to what Cork do (though I think they are fairly similar). First year is the shortest, starting mid September, and ending mid may with 2 weeks for Christmas and 2 weeks off in April. Every year from then on you start late August and we just finished exams there last week. 3 weeks at Christmas and again 2 weeks in April! I hope this helps!

Hello, Do you have any idea when is the last day of exams before the Christmas break? I need to book my flight but not sure yet the end date of the fall semester. I'll be attending the Dental Science program at trinity college.
Also, can you tell me more about first year?
Thank you,

I attend Trinity and so cant speak to what Cork do (though I think they are fairly similar). First year is the shortest, starting mid September, and ending mid may with 2 weeks for Christmas and 2 weeks off in April. Every year from then on you start late August and we just finished exams there last week. 3 weeks at Christmas and again 2 weeks in April! I hope this helps!
Hello, Do you have any idea when is the last day of exams before the Christmas break? I need to book my flight but not sure yet the end date of the fall semester. I'll be attending the Dental Science program at trinity college.
Thank you,

#134DentistIQ, A moment ago
Thank you,

#134DentistIQ, A moment ago

Hi everyone!!

This is super early but I decided to make a thread for those who plan on applying to the Atlantic Bridge dentistry programs for 2018. I'm waiting patiently awaiting for the applications come out so I can start it! Please add to the discussion if you plan on applying, and any questions ! :)

What is this Irish bridge thing? It sounds amazing.
:welcome:

I am not really planning on returning to the USA to practice....looking to stay in the EU or practice in Canada. I would hope they wouldn't have a bias against Americans. I would hate to not get in because of that.

Hello! I’m wondering if you ended up going to dental school in Ireland? I’m curious what US students have done after they finished school there and how hard it would be to stay in the UK or go to Canada. Thank you!

Hi, I am a Canadian student and I plan on applying for dental schools in Ireland for the 2022 entry. However, I am extremely worried for getting in. I finished a BSc (Biomedical Science w/honors, with a minor in psychology). My overall GPA on a 4.0 scale would be a 3.3 which is my main worry. This lower GPA is directly attributed to my first year of undergrad, while my last 3 years of university I received a 3.6 overall GPA. I do have letters of recommendation plus lots of shadowing experience within a dental clinic.

I was wondering what my chances are at getting admitted in my dream school :(