Atlantic Bridge 2018 entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone here have a back up plan if they don't get in this year? Starting a degree, volunteering, etc?

I'm looking at starting a bachelor's degree in psychology via an online university on top of research.

What university is that, if I might ask? I've always wondered if med schools "acknowledge" online degrees. I know that a few US schools explicitly say they will not accept online credits for pre-req coursework (sad, really, as I would love to take some courses from UNE online since I don't drive lol). I wonder how they view online degrees. Any thoughts?

I'll be continuing my post-bacc. This term, I'm [hopefully] finishing Orgo 2. At the moment I'm still missing some pre-req courses, like upper level biology classes and social science electives (psychology, anthropology, etc). I also desperately need clinical volunteering and shadowing hours. I really need to learn to network because I don't quite have anyone for those LORs. Also...MCAT is on the to-do list.

Members don't see this ad.

What university is that, if I might ask? I've always wondered if med schools "acknowledge" online degrees. I know that a few US schools explicitly say they will not accept online credits for pre-req coursework (sad, really, as I would love to take some courses from UNE online since I don't drive lol). I wonder how they view online degrees. Any thoughts?

I'll be continuing my post-bacc. This term, I'm [hopefully] finishing Orgo 2. At the moment I'm still missing some pre-req courses, like upper level biology classes and social science electives (psychology, anthropology, etc). I also desperately need clinical volunteering and shadowing hours. I really need to learn to network because I don't quite have anyone for those LORs. Also...MCAT is on the to-do list.

I asked AB about credibility for Athabasca U ( Canadian online university ). They said they would accept them as they are accredited. I'll prob be doing a BA in psychology. Its a 90 credit program, so hopefully with working full time I can grind it out in 2-3 years. Of course, in between those years i'll be applying through AB. This is just a back up plan if I don't get in this year. Plus the courses and degrees all start on each new month, so if I don't get in this year I can already have a head start on next year. If I do get accepted I don't need to worry because the degree is 'pay as you go'. You essentially just pay for the courses you are currently doing and you can quit at any time (without penalty) or take as long as you need to finish it.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email from Atlantic Bridge on behalf of RCSI. The email address I received it from was and the subject line read: Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland - Interview Invitation
Strange because I contacted RCSI themselves they said we start to process the applications just after the deadline which is Feb 1st and that they will process the 5/6 years program first! But probably AB make their own shortlist for interviews to make it easier for the admission office. What about your stats please?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Strange because I contacted RCSI themselves they said we start to process the applications just after the deadline which is Feb 1st and that they will process the 5/6 years program first! But probably AB make their own shortlist for interviews to make it easier for the admission office. What about your stats please?!

I'm just sharing what happened in my case as a GEM applicant.

My stats are listed earlier in the thread.

Good luck with the interview. Have you made an order for which school you'd prefer to go to?

Not exactly. I think I'd prefer to be in Dublin over any other city, just personal preference based on some reading I've done. RCSI seems like a good institution, I've spoken to a few alumni who loved the experience and were able to go back to Canada.

I'm really just hoping to get accepted somewhere, that's the big hurdle for me right now

Not exactly. I think I'd prefer to be in Dublin over any other city, just personal preference based on some reading I've done. RCSI seems like a good institution, I've spoken to a few alumni who loved the experience and were able to go back to Canada.

I'm really just hoping to get accepted somewhere, that's the big hurdle for me right now
I think Dublin is probably the best place if you want to return to NA. I just can't get over the RCSI tuition. But like you I hope I get accepted anywhere.

Hey guys just got an email about an interview today! Good luck to everyone! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Hey all,

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT INTERVIEWS! I'm so proud (even though I don't know you, lol). I hope you have a positive experience and nail it.

Out of curiousity, I was wondering if anyone applying to AB has ever 1) visited Ireland and/or 2) visited any of these universities/colleges?

Reactions: 1 users
So I scored an interview for RCSI as an American applying for the 5/6 year program which really shocked me. I just have a few questions if anyone knows the answers to any of them (I apologize in advance if they've already been answered in other threads):

-RCSI has a big price tag, but what are the living costs like for a student?/What's the total amount of debt expected upon graduation (for the 5/6 year program)?
-Can an American work part time while in Ireland to alleviate the costs?
-What are the chances of returning to the US to practice upon graduation?
-What's the general reputation of RCSI? I know it's not as prestigious as say Trinity or UCD but what's the general reputation of the uni in the states?
-Coming from the US, universities are very vibrant and social places, what is the social scene at an Irish uni like RCSI? Most international students in the US do not like to associate with the natives and I understand RCSI is a very international school, is it similar?

Hey all,

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT INTERVIEWS! I'm so proud (even though I don't know you, lol). I hope you have a positive experience and nail it.

Out of curiousity, I was wondering if anyone applying to AB has ever 1) visited Ireland and/or 2) visited any of these universities/colleges?

Yeah, I'm an American who is applying through AB. I've been to Ireland and a lot of my family lives there. I'd say half of the breadwinners in my family there went to RCSI or Queens in Belfast for medicine. I've also got birthright in Ireland but never followed up on it.

Does anyone know for sure when RCSI stops sending out first round IIs?

Members don't see this ad :)
rcsi.ie/files/admissions/docs/20151218021942_Non_EU_GEM_Key_Dates.pdf
This link has the key dates of the entire admission process of RCSI. Very helpful!

PS: copy it to your browser because I can not insert direct links in my post!

Hi everyone,
So, I've been haunting the past ABP forum threads and I've just read from posts circa 2011 that ABP chooses which applications to send to the universities. Did anyone else know this?!!! WHAT?

Post 1: Yeah my dad, who is a GP in Ireland, called NUIG to ask why I didn't get an offer from there, even though I listed Galway as my first choice and got offers from UCD and RCSI; the lady he talked to on the phone said that they had never even seen my name on the application list, and also that ABP sends them who they should extend offers to. It was quite the shocker.

Post 2: I can confirm this. I spoke to the head admissions officer at NUI Galway and my application was never forwarded to them. So, since Fall of 2010, ABP has had my application and NUI Galway has never received it nor even heard of me. According to them, ABP presents around 20 applications they feel are the best and NUI Galway chooses from there. All first round offers were sent out for both the five and six year programs

(Sorry, my quoting feature isn't working properly. All came from: Stats of Applicants to Irish schools and Acceptance, Waitlist or Rejection)

Hey all,

Hey I attended school at UCD for part of my undergrad (study abroad). Hands down greatest experience of my life. Dublin is an amazing city and the only other Irish city that could be comparable is Galway. However for studying and living Dublin is just great. That being said there are downsides such as the cost, which is abnormally high for European standards. I've personally visited Trinity as it's practically in the center of Dublin. From Trinity and UCD, UCD is a more modern campus and is very typical of what you'd imagine a campus in North America to be like. Trinity is an older campus but also very cool. From my understanding these are the two best schools in Ireland, I'm not sure if that holds true for medicine standards. Is there anything specific you'd like to know? I'm not sure if that pretty much gave you a good enough idea. Hope it helps a little!

Hi everyone,
So, I've been haunting the past ABP forum threads and I've just read from posts circa 2011 that ABP chooses which applications to send to the universities. Did anyone else know this?!!! WHAT?

Post 1: Yeah my dad, who is a GP in Ireland, called NUIG to ask why I didn't get an offer from there, even though I listed Galway as my first choice and got offers from UCD and RCSI; the lady he talked to on the phone said that they had never even seen my name on the application list, and also that ABP sends them who they should extend offers to. It was quite the shocker.

Post 2: I can confirm this. I spoke to the head admissions officer at NUI Galway and my application was never forwarded to them. So, since Fall of 2010, ABP has had my application and NUI Galway has never received it nor even heard of me. According to them, ABP presents around 20 applications they feel are the best and NUI Galway chooses from there. All first round offers were sent out for both the five and six year programs.

(Sorry, my quoting feature isn't working properly. All came from: Stats of Applicants to Irish schools and Acceptance, Waitlist or Rejection)

I just called Atlantic Bridge regarding this, and they are adamant that they forward your app to all schools you have included. They also state that all schools will send a offer or rejection, (which confirms receipt of app).

So, if you don't even receive a rejection, it might be fair to assume that they didn't receive it, which is not Atlantic Bridge policy, but may happen unintentionally? Kind of unnerving, just the same... Especially since we payed to have our applications be received by the schools of our choice.

I just called Atlantic Bridge regarding this, and they are adamant that they forward your app to all schools you have included. They also state that all schools will send a offer or rejection, (which confirms receipt of app).

So, if you don't even receive a rejection, it might be fair to assume that they didn't receive it, which is not Atlantic Bridge policy, but may happen unintentionally? Kind of unnerving, just the same... Especially since we payed to have our applications be received by the schools of our choice.

Thanks for calling and relaying the info! Yes, I was reading on the older ABP threads and I instantly got anxious when I read all of this speculation/evidence that ABP might be handpicking and sending certain apps, while leaving others behind. To be fair, most of the speculation was from NUIG. I feel horrible for the students who apparently did not get their apps forwarded to the unis of their choice, but I'm hoping it was just a mistake that happened in 2011 or whenever the post was from. I would be a bit disheartened if ABP has a 'reject' pile though--don't need to pay app fees for that hahahaha; that'd be a waste of money.

Hey I attended school at UCD for part of my undergrad (study abroad). Hands down greatest experience of my life. Dublin is an amazing city and the only other Irish city that could be comparable is Galway. However for studying and living Dublin is just great. That being said there are downsides such as the cost, which is abnormally high for European standards. I've personally visited Trinity as it's practically in the center of Dublin. From Trinity and UCD, UCD is a more modern campus and is very typical of what you'd imagine a campus in North America to be like. Trinity is an older campus but also very cool. From my understanding these are the two best schools in Ireland, I'm not sure if that holds true for medicine standards. Is there anything specific you'd like to know? I'm not sure if that pretty much gave you a good enough idea. Hope it helps a little!

Thanks so much fo sharing! It certainly helped. It's always great to hear from people who have a tangible experience. Like I said before, it's kind of my pipe dream to study in Ireland. If I don't get in this time (and I probably won't), then I'll be applying again, the following cycle. The history behind these unis, especially Trinity, is quite fascinating to me. I've noticed in the past that living costs are quite high (flat rental rates), but I wouldn't mind eating rice all day. I've heard Galway and Dublin are quite international cities--was this true in your experience? I come from an undergrad university in the US that was FULL of international students, perhaps more than national, and the city was a blend of many cultures. Could I ask how classes went for you? Any comments on the teaching or grading style?

Reactions: 2 users
@wolfnscale It'd be cool to coordinate SDN/ABP people to live in the same place. I've read that previous applicants did the same thing. This is given that atleast 2 people are accepted to the same school.

@Rojo063 That would be great; that way we could come in with a little network. I didn't even check in any of the two places I applied had housing, actually. If I end up going, I'd jump on the idea of a flat nearby and I'd probably ask here if anyone wanted a flatmate, a neighbor, or to meet up for tea in situ. :p

Thanks for calling and relaying the info! Yes, I was reading on the older ABP threads and I instantly got anxious when I read all of this speculation/evidence that ABP might be handpicking and sending certain apps, while leaving others behind. To be fair, most of the speculation was from NUIG. I feel horrible for the students who apparently did not get their apps forwarded to the unis of their choice, but I'm hoping it was just a mistake that happened in 2011 or whenever the post was from. I would be a bit disheartened if ABP has a 'reject' pile though--don't need to pay app fees for that hahahaha; that'd be a waste of money.

Thanks so much fo sharing! It certainly helped. It's always great to hear from people who have a tangible experience. Like I said before, it's kind of my pipe dream to study in Ireland. If I don't get in this time (and I probably won't), then I'll be applying again, the following cycle. The history behind these unis, especially Trinity, is quite fascinating to me. I've noticed in the past that living costs are quite high (flat rental rates), but I wouldn't mind eating rice all day. I've heard Galway and Dublin are quite international cities--was this true in your experience? I come from an undergrad university in the US that was FULL of international students, perhaps more than national, and the city was a blend of many cultures. Could I ask how classes went for you? Any comments on the teaching or grading style?

Dublin is super international. I actually learned Spanish in Dublin just because so many of my friends came from Spain. Second semester I was there I hung out with mostly germans and Austrians and have now given german a go. You will have no problem finding international friends. I made it my mission to not hangout with Americans (no offense intended, I like Americans a lot). I just wanted the international experience and in Dublin I had it. Was very good friends with people from Spain, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Austria, Ireland (obviously, though not many. This was difficult because I was only studying abroad, not actually in a concrete program), Netherlands, Italy, Uruguay, and Brazil. That's only counting the ones I could still talk to today because we were close. I come from the Washington DC area where all my friends were internationals, so I know exactly what you mean when that is a concern. It's also not a racist city at all, despite it being very white. Classes at UCD are okay. I was actually in a pre-med class which the six year med students had to take. I frankly did horribly, but I was partying and studying abroad. It was difficult and the lectures were practically useless so I stopped going after 5 or 6. That was physics. The grades were highly curved and I ended up doing rather well (B) despite horrible performance on tests. I also took Biochem and that was harder than physics and the lecture was also kind of useless. I will add that all the professors are approachable and if you want outside help you can definitely get it. I would assume its different as the years go on and the class sizes are smaller and more specific. So for the 4 year program you wouldn't take the basic pre-med 6 year physics class i took for example. The way UCD is run is similar in teaching style to the big universities in the US at least from my experience. If you work hard and don't party as much as I did that year abroad, you would be perfectly fine and successful. Many of the Irish med students did very well that I was studying with. Anything else you'd like to know? Take my experience with a grain of salt since I only experienced one physics class in the first year of the six year program and the Biochemistry class. My non science classes were rather interesting and the lectures were better. Hope that helps!

@wolfnscale It'd be cool to coordinate SDN/ABP people to live in the same place. I've read that previous applicants did the same thing. This is given that atleast 2 people are accepted to the same school.
Hey I'd actually highly recommend against this. Had I done that with my university experience abroad it would have been a much different, much less diverse and immersive experience. Get housing either off campus in a shared flat with Irish people and other non-Americans, or get on-campus housing (super expensive but kind of nice), and try your hardest to get in to a flat with non-Americans. I had all American flatmates (3 each semester so 6 in total) and none of them had any international friends and were not immersed in the city and the European culture. Let's just say that same thing would likely happen even were you to spend 4-6 years in Dublin, as it did for those who stayed the entire year alongside me. I know I'm speaking from an American perspective but that's very easy to transfer over to Canadian applicants. For those not from America or Canada, disregard all things aforementioned.

Well it’s now officially about 2 more weeks until letters start to get sent out. This is based off of reading previous ABP threads. Anyone else filled with anxiety? I’ve been averaging 2-4 hours sleep the last few nights. That being said, it’s just starting. Some of us will be waiting until August to hear back from Ireland. Some of us will be next year.

I’m so excited to just get the results. I can’t even compare my impatience to waiting for Christmas morning as a child! Everyone just keep staying positive, we all worked hard to get here and the AdComs know that! Just keep focusing on that acceptance email, or that first pint of Guinness! Whatever makes you more excited!

Funding info for Canadians (and perhaps Americans if the same 10 yr rule applies): anyone offered a seat at Limerick but concerned that it will not be covered by Gov't student loans, it is indeed included on their list of accepted institutions. Looks like the info on AB isn't up-to-date, as they had their 10 yr anniversary in 2017, which is a requirement for Gov't funding. Cheers

@rzilla Are 5 year medical schools also covered by Gov't student loans? or does it only go for 4 year medical schools in Ireland?

@Rojo063 I literally lost like two days and nights obsessively researching (futile efforts, I might add) stats from ABP applicants to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for the decision. LOL! But, either way, I am still excited to learn the outcome and to follow the successes of you all on here.

I found this thread and I needed to share it. These are some stats for the match lists of Irish schools. Great data for when the time to make that final decision comes: ABP match list break down by school

Hello!

I'm a Canadian student, currently at Dalhousie University. I am in my second year of an undergraduate program in Immunology. My cGPA so far is 3.82 and I've applied to UCC, UCD, and NUIG. The only problem is that I applied quite late (sent in my app on February 16th). Do I stand a chance?

Thanks in advance!
Loukman

Hi there! I'm not an expert, but I do think you have a chance. It's hard to place people with regular stats like GPA, MCAT, etc. There doesn't seem to be much data reported or hints, other than for two unis (Trinity included), I believe you should have above a 3.5 GPA. ABP and the rumor mill says that their universities take a more holistic view. I'm not sure how that fits in with the other apparent rumor that the program is getting more and more competitive. In my personal opinion, your GPA is great and it seems like you'd have a good shot at the 6 or 5 year programs. A late app? Eh, I don't know what to say. Getting it in first means they'll see it earlier, but that doesn't necessarily give you an advantage. If you had poor stats to begin with and submitted early, you still would be rejected. Know what I mean? Let us know how you do ;)!

Hello!

I'm a Canadian student, currently at Dalhousie University. I am in my second year of an undergraduate program in Immunology. My cGPA so far is 3.82 and I've applied to UCC, UCD, and NUIG. The only problem is that I applied quite late (sent in my app on February 16th). Do I stand a chance?

Thanks in advance!
Loukman

You may be considered for second round app. Get involved with Dal EMS/EHS research to make your app better. Look into the PEBP course too(it’s offered through dal), it can open a world of opportunities for you. Get ready for next cycle tbh. There’s a possibility you’ll recive an offer, but, it’s better to have a contingency plan. Look at OzTrekk along with ABP or since you’re already maintaining a somewhat competitive gpa; write the MCAT the apply to dal med. it’d be foolish to not try for med school at home. Actually, it’s possivle to just finish 3 years of UG and then apply to medical schools. Spend the summer prepping for MCAT and apply to dal and any other med schools that seem interesting.

PM me if you’re interested in research stuff I work in HRM

Does anyone know when they start sending out offers? The wait is excruciating!

I've seen in previous threads, as early as the first week in march. Just a few more days away!

I've seen in previous threads, as early as the first week in march. Just a few more days away!

I'm scared. LOL! The nerves are kicking in. I feel like this thread is a little dead in comparison to the last cycle thread? Less applicants? Or maybe they'll find our little thread when the letters start rolling in.

Also guys, I know this isn't an advice thread, but: I just withdrew from my orgo 2 class (schedule was so conflicting with work that I couldn't make the commute). Instead, I'm about to sign up for UNE online's Orgo II with lab. I remember we said some online work is looked at favorably for Irish schools? It is accredited, so, wherever I end up applying hopefully it'll be accepted.

I'm scared. LOL! The nerves are kicking in. I feel like this thread is a little dead in comparison to the last cycle thread? Less applicants? Or maybe they'll find our little thread when the letters start rolling in.

Also guys, I know this isn't an advice thread, but: I just withdrew from my orgo 2 class (schedule was so conflicting with work that I couldn't make the commute). Instead, I'm about to sign up for UNE online's Orgo II with lab. I remember we said some online work is looked at favorably for Irish schools? It is accredited, so, wherever I end up applying hopefully it'll be accepted.

It's kind of mean to say, but I hope there's less applicants haha. ABP told me over the phone that any and all education is taken into account for your application. When the letters start rolling in it'll be a rollercoaster of emotions for sure! Positive thoughts have positive outcomes, but be prepared for next cycle !

Has anybody else been reading through old threads and feeling a bit better? Just by comparing EC's, GPAs and other determining factors, it makes me feel a bit more at ease. I also was reading in a 2016 ABP thread that the schools typically fill up the courses in descending order ( i.e 6 year classes filled first, then 5 year and then 4 year.) Maybe that gives the 5/6 year MD applicants a bit of more hope, maybe they allocate more seats for those applicants. It appears that in March a lot of first round offers go out. Also, someone said something in the 2016 thread that made sense. People will apply to Ireland schools as a 'safety net'. Some people who are accepted will deny their offers and go back to school to complete a masters or study somewhere else. We have until August at the latest to receive that good news we've all been looking for. I would imagine that most of us will hear back in March though, given the trend of offers over the last few years.

@Rojo063 I think I've read through them all. I was trying to find a trend in GPA, ECs, and the like. Honestly, it was a bit hard to get a flavor for what the schools are looking for (other than good students who have a desire to study medicine). In some cases, a very high GPA was rejected and a lower GPA with similar credientials was accepted. Of course, we are missing a lot of the application, so we are viewing an incomplete picture of the applicant pool. Some schools seem to give more acceptances than rejections (e.g. UCD or RCSI vs Limerick or Trinity). I would really like to compile these stats and give future applicants a bit of data to work with because applying to Ireland with North American credentials is a bit of a mess.

Also, it was a bit frustrating because people didn't record where they were accepted/rejected to/from in a lot of cases.

Any one received any offer/ rejections as yet?

I submitted my apps for all 4 GEM programs first week of January. Got interview invite for RCSI Jan 24, interview this weekend.

Do you think that it is best to take the first offer you get? Since no one has received offers Yet I’m unsure of the kind of timeline we will have to accept. Has anyone else been thinking about this?

I submitted my apps for all 4 GEM programs first week of January. Got interview invite for RCSI Jan 24, interview this weekend.
Good luck on the interview tomorrow. I’ve got one on the 1st. Will you let us know how it goes?

Congratulations and good luck on your interviews! I'm sure you will do well. Please, pass on any experiences.

@tjamusic All of us are in different situations. For me, this is my first time applying to med school. If I get an acceptance, I will probably take it as it will take me 2 years to build my resume to be competitive nontrad in the USA. So, in my case, I will probably wait for both letters from the two Irish schools I applied to. Like I said, if I get any bites, I'll take them.

However, for people who applied to Irish and other schools in their country, I feel as though the typical advice would be to wait for your national schools first, then consider Irish schools.

That being said, it will all have to fit within the timelines, respective of each school. I think Irish schools give you x amount of time to accept/defer. BUT, I did read that people often "accept" by paying their desposit...and sometimes don't show up or follow through. I suppose it secures you a spot, but it is kind of cruel towards people waitlisted, as they may get an acceptance with little time to prepare and make arrangements to attend.

@wolfnscale I’ve already heard from all of my domestic schools. I’m just waiting on the Irish schools, so I’m still deciding exactly what I want to do. I really appreciate your insight, your feedback was fantastic.
Congratulations and good luck on your interviews! I'm sure you will do well. Please, pass on any experiences.

@tjamusic All of us are in different situations. For me, this is my first time applying to med school. If I get an acceptance, I will probably take it as it will take me 2 years to build my resume to be competitive nontrad in the USA. So, in my case, I will probably wait for both letters from the two Irish schools I applied to. Like I said, if I get any bites, I'll take them.

However, for people who applied to Irish and other schools in their country, I feel as though the typical advice would be to wait for your national schools first, then consider Irish schools.

That being said, it will all have to fit within the timelines, respective of each school. I think Irish schools give you x amount of time to accept/defer. BUT, I did read that people often "accept" by paying their desposit...and sometimes don't show up or follow through. I suppose it secures you a spot, but it is kind of cruel towards people waitlisted, as they may get an acceptance with little time to prepare and make arrangements to attend.

I spoke to an IMG grad who works (not as a doc) in Canada. Apparently theres ~7 spots for IMG residencies across Canada. The Canadian Gov has done some changes for IMG grads who already have completed a residency. They’ve made it easier to get a work visa and to work in Canada. Nothing has changed for IMGs who are seeking a Canadian residency spot though.

This person who told me this also scored extremely high on their board exams and still didn’t get a residency.** They did not go through ABP though**

If I’m lucky enough to receive an offer of acceptance I’m taking it. No matter what school it is. Most NA applicants who apply in-country will get acceptance pretty early on so hopefully they will take them and free up another seat for some of us wanting to go to Ireland for studies.

I spoke to an IMG grad who works (not as a doc) in Canada. Apparently theres ~7 spots for IMG residencies across Canada. The Canadian Gov has done some changes for IMG grads who already have completed a residency. They’ve made it easier to get a work visa and to work in Canada. Nothing has changed for IMGs who are seeking a Canadian residency spot though.

This person who told me this also scored extremely high on their board exams and still didn’t get a residency.** They did not go through ABP though**

If I’m lucky enough to receive an offer of acceptance I’m taking it. No matter what school it is. Most NA applicants who apply in-country will get acceptance pretty early on so hopefully they will take them and free up another seat for some of us wanting to go to Ireland for studies.

I agree, if I get an acceptance I’m taking it. It’s just difficult to make a decision if you get an early offer from one place, and then deciding if you’ll take it - or wait and see if you hear back from other Irish schools first.

I agree, if I get an acceptance I’m taking it. It’s just difficult to make a decision if you get an early offer from one place, and then deciding if you’ll take it - or wait and see if you hear back from other Irish schools first.

Yeah. There’s also a window of opportunity for each acceptance. So you can’t wait until you get ALL of your offers of regection/acceptance unfortunately. People probably already know this, but just incase people don’t

Yeah. There’s also a window of opportunity for each acceptance. So you can’t wait until you get ALL of your offers of regection/acceptance unfortunately. People probably already know this, but just incase people don’t

Thanks for your insight!

Does anyone know if RCSI offers are conditional or unconditional for the 5 year program? Will we need to send them out final transcripts from this year of university that we are completing?

Hey guys, I just recently found out about Atlantic bridge program and i am very much interested! I received an application packet from them and it says that the deadline for late application is March 15 2018. However it seems the individual schools had deadline of February 1?. Is it too late to apply? Would i be wasting my money by applying?. On the application it says that "Applications received after February 15, 2018 will not be eligible for a first round offer. However, in recent years the schools have issued a second round of offers, although this cannot be guaranteed"
What exactly does this mean? Offer of acceptance or offer of interview? I also heard that RCSI hold interviews well into June, so since im appying now, does that mean i could potentially be offered interview in June? I receive my MCAT score next tuesday and was going to submit the next day but im worried about wasting my $300 if its too late to apply. Im interested in UCC, UCD RCSI and NUIG.

Hey guys, I just recently found out about Atlantic bridge program and i am very much interested! I received an application packet from them and it says that the deadline for late application is March 15 2018. However it seems the individual schools had deadline of February 1?. Is it too late to apply? Would i be wasting my money by applying?. On the application it says that "Applications received after February 15, 2018 will not be eligible for a first round offer. However, in recent years the schools have issued a second round of offers, although this cannot be guaranteed"
What exactly does this mean? Offer of acceptance or offer of interview? I also heard that RCSI hold interviews well into June, so since im appying now, does that mean i could potentially be offered interview in June? I receive my MCAT score next tuesday and was going to submit the next day but im worried about wasting my $300 if its too late to apply. Im interested in UCC, UCD RCSI and NUIG.

The best people to ask would be ABP. Once you get your application packet, you can reply to them right on that thread.

IMHO, this is a competitive program. All of us ABPers are competing against each other, but most importantly with Irish and other EU students. The Irish students get priority, as they should. But, the truth is that we are back seat and there is no mandatory number of spots that go to North Americans in these schools. Hence, I think you will have the best chance submitting early in the next cycle. At least for 5-6 year programs. GEM is different as it's sort of aimed at internationals. I know RCSI has already held some interviews/set the dates. You may be able to jump on the train.

Acceptances/rejections will start to come out next week for first round; after this, people who defer generally open the door for people on the waitlist (and whoo! There seems to be people on the waitlist every year). Like we said earlier, it will run throughout the summer until spots are filled before the academic year begins. It's not rolling admissions or first come first serve, but I think if you are a competitive applicant, getting first in line will earn you an acceptance first or a good spot on the waitlist simply because they will read your app and make a decision first. The app is a lot of money, so spend it wisely and strategically for yourself.

DO NOT let me convince you. Go ask ABP! Check out old threads too, as you might see someone's progress from a late app.

My application package says that deadline for late application is February 15 2018 and files not completed by April 1 2018 will be withdrawn. Kind of strange that yours says deadline is March 15.