Atlantic Bridge 2018 entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted390966

Applicants applying for 2018 entry: here's the place to post your questions, concerns, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Applicants applying for 2018 entry: here's the place to post your questions, concerns, etc.
Hi, I am currently a grade 12 student in Ontario, Canada. Does anyone know what a competitive average is? The average that I will be applying with is 91.5% with other extracurriculars, is that good enough? Thank you :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I am currently a grade 12 student in Ontario, Canada. Does anyone know what a competitive average is? The average that I will be applying with is 91.5% with other extracurriculars, is that good enough? Thank you :)
I strongly suggest you go through 2 application rounds in Canada first before going overseas. Matching back is harder every year for IMGs. Going abroad should be the last resort. UNLESS you have EU citizenship and plan on practicing in EU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
Maybe we can all post some stats? If not useful for us (to commiserate lol), it may be useful for future applicants looking around. Add on any more categories we need?

I'm from: USA
Education: B.S. and M.S. in Environmental Science; also doing some Post-Bacc atm
GPAs: UG=3.54, Grad=3.83, BCPM-GPA=3.23
MCAT? Haven't taken it and won't in time.
Applying to: 5-year TCD, NUIG
LORs: 1 from sci prof, 1 from writing prof, 1 from nurse practitioner where I work
ECs: Lots. 1000+ hours shadowing MD; mental health internship; 2 years research in ecology + 2 years personal research in ecological trends; volunteering; ESL and writing tutor; medicocriminal entomology presentations, etc.
"Applicant Type": Considered quite non-trad in USA. Haven't applied to schools here yet, as I've not filled all my pre-reqs or MCAT. I just found out about AB and Irish schools. It's been a dream to study abroad in Ireland; I would be honored.

Questions/concerns: I'm a bit (a lot) worried that some of my poor grades will get in the way. Chem and phys started out bad for me, but I've an upward trend + retaking one class now. And the end of calc was a HORROR (went from A+ to D and a D, ugh; good thing all my other maths were As/Bs).

I've heard that Irish medical schools are getting more competitive. Good for them, as they must be having lots of applicants! Bad for some of us applicants, though :(.

Last edited:
Does when you submitted your application matter?

Last edited:
I'm from: Canada
Education: Diploma in Primary Care Paramedicine, Actively taking a BIOL 204 course through Athabasca U
Work Experience: Paramedic ( 2 Years ), Canadian Armed Forces - Reserves ( 1 Year )
GPAs: 3.8 GPA ( 89% avg )
MCAT? Applying to 5-6 year MD, wont be required.
Applying to: NUIG, TCD, RCSI, UCC, UCD
LORs: 1 from Physician (400hrs Emerg / Internal Med shadowing), 3 from colleagues, 1 from colleague who taught me as a student, 1 hopefully Academic LoR from PhD Biologist
ECs: 400 hrs Shadowing, around 350-400 hours various Volunteering (Non-Clinical)

I feel as if my Resume and Essay is strong, I have people who will write good LoRs for me. I'm confident with my work ethic that I can pass the course and deal with the word load. My BIGGEST concern is that I don't have an Academic reference by the standards that AB is requesting. I've never went to a University, I've only taken College and the person who taught the course had no formal educational background in teaching Sciences. This is where I am weak in my App. I've requested a LoR from my Prof who's teaching me Biology. We've only had known each other 2 months or so. I hope she says yes and just gives me a half decent reference and I hope the rest will shine through.

Anyway, go ahead and r8 my app :)

Questions/concerns:

Just finished sending off my application for the 6 year program. Just out of curiosity, are there any stats for the acceptance rates on the irish unis? Here in the US, they usually give you some stats for you to gauge yourself

Just finished sending off my application for the 6 year program. Just out of curiosity, are there any stats for the acceptance rates on the irish unis? Here in the US, they usually give you some stats for you to gauge yourself

When I was speaking to AB a couple of days ago they told me a few things.

1. Typically they receive the majority of apps from Canada.
2. Usually there is 300-400 apps per year
3. Around 40% of applicants get an offer. An unknown about of people get multiple offers.*(this is rumoured) The schools usually communicate with each other. This is because they want to maximize class sizes and get as many people accepted as possible *
4. There’s no “set in stone” allocated seats available for AB applicants ( one year could yield more seats for 4 year MD courses vs 5 (or 6) year courses. )
5. Typically applicants have an easier time going into the U.S. for residency (versus Canada) due to more residency spots available.
6. They have a holistic approach to applications, so if you “look” good on paper you have a good shot.
7. *From just browsing old SDN threads about ABP I’ve noticed there’s not many people who go through with 6 year programs.*
8. They said any online university courses will make you more competitive. ( you can take something easy like anatomy for a biology credit, it will set you apart from the other 6 year applicants. )
9. The only school who interviews now is RCSI and RCSI Bahrain.

That’s about all the information I can offer you (I know you only asked one question but I thought giving you morninfo wouldn’t hurt.) I wish you the best luck in this cycle ! Welcome to The Ride !!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! I appreciate any feedback.

Undergrad: biology major/chemistry minor. GPA: 3.69 Cum Laude

Graduate: Doctor of Physical Therapy
GPA: 3.32
Experience: promoted to manager of large clinic with 6000+ hours experience in orthopedic outpatient setting.
MCAT: none

Applied: 5 year program at Trinity in Dublin and 5 year Galway.

Thanks!

Hey guys! I appreciate any feedback.

Undergrad: biology major/chemistry minor. GPA: 3.69 Cum Laude

Graduate: Doctor of Physical Therapy
GPA: 3.32
Experience: promoted to manager of large clinic with 6000+ hours experience in orthopedic outpatient setting.
MCAT: none

Applied: 5 year program at Trinity in Dublin and 5 year Galway.

Thanks!

With those marks, and experience I don't know why you wouldn't try for a US-MD school first. Given you have a competitive uGPA and a fair gGPA you stand a chance in either USMD or ABP. Nonetheless, you asked for a chance on ABP admission. I think you'll fair well with some good LORs.

From my understanding, if you have an undergrad or any education above that, they typically want you in the 4 year MD. I remember reading about people being offered conditional acceptances either on the ABP website or here. Their condition is usually get above X on the MCAT or maintain X GPA.

I'd suggest applying to all applicable schools possible to kind of 'cast a wide net' so you have a better shot at acceptance. I would imagine if you're upstanding, they'll be happy to take you. Also, typically in lieu of an MCAT (for 5 and 6 year applicants) they heavily weigh in on your LORs. This is where the med schools Holistic approach to medicine differs from traditional schools.

Bottom line is that I feel you have a good shot at acceptance, ( just from reading old ABP Admission threads and comparing ) typically people with a doctorate wont apply to these schools so it will make you stand out compared to other traditional applicants.

Best of luck and welcome to the ride.

With those marks, and experience I don't know why you wouldn't try for a US-MD school first. Given you have a competitive uGPA and a fair gGPA you stand a chance in either USMD or ABP. Nonetheless, you asked for a chance on ABP admission. I think you'll fair well with some good LORs.

From my understanding, if you have an undergrad or any education above that, they typically want you in the 4 year MD. I remember reading about people being offered conditional acceptances either on the ABP website or here. Their condition is usually get above X on the MCAT or maintain X GPA.

I'd suggest applying to all applicable schools possible to kind of 'cast a wide net' so you have a better shot at acceptance. I would imagine if you're upstanding, they'll be happy to take you. Also, typically in lieu of an MCAT (for 5 and 6 year applicants) they heavily weigh in on your LORs. This is where the med schools Holistic approach to medicine differs from traditional schools.

Bottom line is that I feel you have a good shot at acceptance, ( just from reading old ABP Admission threads and comparing ) typically people with a doctorate wont apply to these schools so it will make you stand out compared to other traditional applicants.

Best of luck and welcome to the ride.
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback! The reason I didn’t apply to the 4 year is because I took the prerequisites 10 years ago, however, I just graduated from physical therapy school so sitting for that exam would be a full time job. With how much I am required to work as a manager, I would have to leave my job. I am not confident I would perform well on the MCAT, however, I am confident I would perform well in the medical classes.

Ok Chiming in with hopes of some feedback, very non-trad applicant.

I'm from: Canada - but I have been in the USA for 5 years
Education: B. Mus in Music Therapy, Cum Laude - Internship (1200 hours) Children's Hospital Los Angeles - Music Therapist-Board Certified (MT-BC)
GPAs: 3.67
MCAT? 504
Applying to: TCD, RCSI, RCSI-MUB, UCD, UCC, NUIG, UL.
LORs: 1 from music therapy prof, 1 from internship supervisor at Children's Hosptial LA, 1 from current employer.
ECs: Plenty. RA, senior RA, and LLC coordinator for 3 plus years; volunteering; performing; various club leadership; working full-time as a Music Therapist; etc.
"Applicant Type ": Very non-traditional, I am a board-certified music therapist and I currently work full-time with adults and children with mental illnesses/developmental delay/TBI/ABI/Motor movement disorders/etc. and I previously worked in a hospital in infant palliative care, inpatient treatment, and inpatient rehab.

I've been reading a lot of threads and have been having mixed feelings about my chances given my background. Also, I applied to all the schools I could in Canada and have received 3/4 rejections from them so far. I'm feeling greatly discouraged because I have a strong feeling that the 4th school is going to be a no as well.

Hoping for some more insights.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok Chiming in with hopes of some feedback, very non-trad applicant.

I'm from: Canada - but I have been in the USA for 5 years
Education: B. Mus in Music Therapy, Cum Laude - Internship (1200 hours) Children's Hospital Los Angeles - Music Therapist-Board Certified (MT-BC)
GPAs: 3.67
MCAT? 504
Applying to: TCD, RCSI, RCSI-MUB, UCD, UCC, NUIG, UL.
LORs: 1 from music therapy prof, 1 from internship supervisor at Children's Hosptial LA, 1 from current employer.
ECs: Plenty. RA, senior RA, and LLC coordinator for 3 plus years; volunteering; performing; various club leadership; working full-time as a Music Therapist; etc.
"Applicant Type ": Very non-traditional, I am a board-certified music therapist and I currently work full-time with adults and children with mental illnesses/developmental delay/TBI/ABI/Motor movement disorders/etc. and I previously worked in a hospital in infant palliative care, inpatient treatment, and inpatient rehab.

I've been reading a lot of threads and have been having mixed feelings about my chances given my background. Also, I applied to all the schools I could in Canada and have received 3/4 rejections from them so far. I'm feeling greatly discouraged because I have a strong feeling that the 4th school is going to be a no as well.

Hoping for some more insights.

I'm unfamiliar with the curriculum of a musical therapist, do you have the pre-reqs 4 year MD courses typically require ?

You have impressive hours in a children's hospital. Also, its definitely a benefit having recognition as a board certified music therapist. You seem to have a competitive GPA and MCAT compared to the past ABP generals I've read. (Typically 510 MCAT 3.7 GPA is a good chance of acceptance for non-trad imo)

As I've said before, from older generals I've gathered that ABP takes a holistic approach to apps (watch the vids the schools offer on the Atlantic Bridge website to get a good feel for each school (also, read the old AB program threads for a general feel of the process and expectations to form your own opinion)). If you seem to be a well rounded person and promising, you have a good chance.

To comment on your peds palliative experience, it's invaluable. I myself am a paramedic and have gathered vast experiences in both clinical and emergency medicine. I personally feel that it will make you shine on your application. Gathering from VLOGs and pre-med reddit, many people venture down scribe or paramedical routes to gain non clinical and clinical experience, respectively. Personally, I feel any experience you gather, any book you read, any lesson you learn; is invaluable.

IMO its normal to feel anxious and have self doubt bout acceptance. I myself have so much self doubt, I personally am nervous to spend another year not in medical school. These are normal feelings and many pre-meds feel the same way. As long as your heart lies with medicine, and you continue to try and pursue this lifestyle, you'll do great !

I think that you'll find a spot in Ireland this year, I wish you the best and welcome to The Ride !

P.S. Its been a common theme for people with your experience to apply to USMD courses. Have you tried with them yet? From what I read its much easier to traverse to Canadian Hospital Residency spots and even US Residency spots ( versus IMG Residency ). I don't mean to discourage you by any means, each person has their own path to follow. Account for all of your possible avenues.

Last edited:
I'm unfamiliar with the curriculum of a musical therapist, do you have the pre-reqs 4 year MD courses typically require ?

You have impressive hours in a children's hospital. Also, its definitely a benefit having recognition as a board certified music therapist. You seem to have a competitive GPA and MCAT compared to the past ABP generals I've read. (Typically 510 MCAT 3.7 GPA is a good chance of acceptance for non-trad imo)

As I've said before, from older generals I've gathered that ABP takes a holistic approach to apps (watch the vids the schools offer on the Atlantic Bridge website to get a good feel for each school (also, read the old AB program threads for a general feel of the process and expectations to form your own opinion)). If you seem to be a well rounded person and promising, you have a good chance.

To comment on your peds palliative experience, it's invaluable. I myself am a paramedic and have gathered vast experiences in both clinical and emergency medicine. I personally feel that it will make you shine on your application. Gathering from VLOGs and pre-med reddit, many people venture down scribe or paramedical routes to gain non clinical and clinical experience, respectively. Personally, I feel any experience you gather, any book you read, any lesson you learn; is invaluable.

IMO its normal to feel anxious and have self doubt bout acceptance. I myself have so much self doubt, I personally am nervous to spend another year not in medical school. These are normal feelings and many pre-meds feel the same way. As long as your heart lies with medicine, and you continue to try and pursue this lifestyle, you'll do great !

I think that you'll find a spot in Ireland this year, I wish you the best and welcome to The Ride !

P.S. Its been a common theme for people with your experience to apply to USMD courses. Have you tried with them yet? From what I read its much easier to traverse to Canadian Hospital Residency spots and even US Residency spots ( versus IMG Residency ). I don't mean to discourage you by any means, each person has their own path to follow. Account for all of your possible avenues.

One of the problems I have had in looking at USMD programs is in my prerecs. I do not have many of the typical prerecs that many pre-meds have. My prerecs are mostly psych based with a single anatomy course, and my lab experience is severely lacking. This makes the USMDs difficult. I've thought about the DO programs, but they don't seem like a good fit for me.

Ireland is not close to a first choice for me, but it is currently feeling like a very persuasive option. I appreciate your insight, and I will continue to comb the forums. Thank you.

Reactions: 1 users
One of the problems I have had in looking at USMD programs is in my prerecs. I do not have many of the typical prerecs that many pre-meds have. My prerecs are mostly psych based with a single anatomy course, and my lab experience is severely lacking. This makes the USMDs difficult. I've thought about the DO programs, but they don't seem like a good fit for me.

Ireland is not close to a first choice for me, but it is currently feeling like a very persuasive option. I appreciate your insight, and I will continue to comb the forums. Thank you.

Well, if I were you. I would apply because why not? Follow your dreams, that's what we're all doing anyway ! If in the unfortunate case you're not accepted this year there's always next year. You can also take Athabasca U courses (Canadian online Uni out of Alberta) to meet your pre-reqs for USMD or ABP (in the following year).

Does when you submitted your application matter?

I don't know for sure, but I don't think so. I've heard that they receive all the apps at once, then they review, accept people, send out acceptances. Then, the "first round" of accepted students either confirm or defer admission. Then, they send out the next round of acceptances. This being said, I've heard that some students will receive acceptances early, while others might receive an acceptance letter months later (right before the cycle begins).

Lol, sorry, I rambled a tad. But, I have not heard any rumors or reputable information that timing of application submission makes a difference. Guess the old adage that "top of the pile gets read first" might always be true though? I'm uncertain. I sent my app to AB two days before the late deadline...

Does anybody know when they start notifying you about the program such as invites and acceptances, especially for people in Canada? Did others also get a vague email in the past couple of days about updating transcripts?

Does anybody know when they start notifying you about the program such as invites and acceptances, especially for people in Canada? Did others also get a vague email in the past couple of days about updating transcripts?

I received an email a few days ago requesting my fall marks on a course I'm currently doing. From the ABP threads I read from previous year; people typically get interview offers around end jan-feb. RCSI (the only school who interviews now) has been know to do a second round of interviews around April time. Typically, from what I read, people start to receive offers from schools in late feb into late march. I'm not sure if its Canada/US specific, but ABP told me that their demographic for admissions is predominantly Canadian due to Canadian medical schools being much more competitive than USMD schools.

I received an email a few days ago requesting my fall marks on a course I'm currently doing. From the ABP threads I read from previous year; people typically get interview offers around end jan-feb. RCSI (the only school who interviews now) has been know to do a second round of interviews around April time. Typically, from what I read, people start to receive offers from schools in late feb into late march. I'm not sure if its Canada/US specific, but ABP told me that their demographic for admissions is predominantly Canadian due to Canadian medical schools being much more competitive than USMD schools.
Okay, that makes much more sense, thanks for the information. And, just to make sure, even Limerick does not have interviews anymore or is it that RCSI does the one interview and all the schools use that as a reference?

Last edited:
Okay, that makes much more sense, thanks for the information. And, just to make sure, even Limerick does not have interviews anymore or is it that RCSI does the one interview and all the schools use that as a reference?

They told me when I called last, there is no more Limrick interviews (1week ago)

If any of you guys get accepted this year, what are your plans for laptops? Since I’m working at a decent job right now and don’t have any financial stress I went ahead and purchased a Pixelbook. Seeing as how school will mainly be just watching slideshows, taking notes and watching lectures; it seemed like a good choice.

I just Finished high school with IB diploma program and got IB score of 41/45 with 7 in high level Biology and 6 in high level chemistry. I applied to 5-6 Ye program. What r my chances ? I am a US and Australian citizen currently living in Australia

I just Finished high school with IB diploma program and got IB score of 41/45 with 7 in high level Biology and 6 in high level chemistry. I applied to 5-6 Ye program. What r my chances ? I am a US and Australian citizen currently living in Australia

What are you extra curricular activities like ( Volunteer, Shadowing, Hobbies etc. ) Try filling out a little form like this so we know a bit more about your situation.

• Year in school
  • Country/state of residence
  • Schools to which you are applying
  • Cumulative GPA
  • Science GPA
  • MCAT Scores
  • Research – include any abstracts/posters/publications and how you were credited (eg. First author, senior author, etc)
  • Volunteering (clinical) – include hours/sites
  • Physician shadowing – include hours/specialties
  • Non-clinical volunteering
  • Extracurricular activities
  • Employment history
  • Please include time span and weekly commitment for volunteering/research/shadowing/extracurriculars.
  • Immediate family members in medicine? (y/n)
  • Specialty of interest
  • Shadowing experience
  • Graduate degrees
  • Interest in rural health (y/n)

This was taken from Reddit.

Also, if anyone is interested in getting some free medical (e)books / PDFs inbox me and I can send you a link to a collection I have.

For people who applied to RCSI: I was rummaging through last years thread and I was seeing that people typically received interview invites from now until Feb 6th. Best of luck to everyone who applied this cycle !

I'm pretty sure UL is still doing interviews. I'm a recent graduate of UL and have received an email recently inviting us to an event while UL professors are here conducting student interviews.

I'm pretty sure UL is still doing interviews. I'm a recent graduate of UL and have received an email recently inviting us to an event while UL professors are here conducting student interviews.

Good to know, thanks !

I contacted ABP and they told me that "Admissions committees are just beginning to review applications at this time. RCSI has begun calling high school applicants to interview for their New York and Vancouver locations. No Graduate Entry Medicine candidates have been invited to interview yet. The other schools have not yet begun reviewing applications."

I contacted ABP and they told me that "Admissions committees are just beginning to review applications at this time. RCSI has begun calling high school applicants to interview for their New York and Vancouver locations. No Graduate Entry Medicine candidates have been invited to interview yet. The other schools have not yet begun reviewing applications."

I didn’t know for sure but I assumed they did it backwards ( fill up seats with 4th year then 5 and then 6 ). That’s good to know thanks for sharing :)

I got my interview for RCSI
Have they given a rough estimate of when they will invite for the GEM?

They also said they still do interviews for UL which take place in early and late April. No other information available on when they will invite for GEM.

as a GEM applicant - I got so nervous reading that people got interviews. This quells that a lot - thank you!

Hey guys,

I was speaking with a Paramedic ( who is also an M2 at a local university ) and asked her some advice on interviewing and the general difficulty in med school. I thought I'd update you guys to ease some anxiety and possibly give you an edge on your interviews.

Interviews:

She said to read ethic books and look up current ethical problems ( MedScape is a good resource for this according to her ). Also they ask a lot about future plans and your aspirations. Her interview and many of her classmates had their interviews conducted in the same way. Usually they're formal but at the same time casual. They're trying to get to know you. She said that they invited you to the interview because you look good on paper but the main part of the interview is to see what kind of 'fit' you'll be in the field of medicine and if this profession will best suit you. This isnt specific to ABP, but just a general overview of the interview process.

M1 in Review:

From our conversation, she said it's essentially information overload. Knowing how to study and what study habits and mechanisms work best for you will be your saving grace. That being said; the stereotypical " crushing energy drinks and staying up for 20h a day studying " isn't realistic and wont work. Also, people just don't do it. The medical schools that will accept you genuinely have a passion for teaching and will care enough to see you through the program, according to her. ( It makes sense because I would imagine that if the students kept failing out of the programs, the school wouldn't appear to be attractive to future students.) She said the best thing to do is to have fun with it. The first years in med school are rewarding and interactive and also to never lose sight of the end game.

Thanks for reading guys! I wish you all the best of luck in the months to come !

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys,

Has anyone else heard anything for an interview?

Hey guys,

Has anyone else heard anything for an interview?

I haven’t yet. Hopefully soon! From the last years ABP thread people were getting invited all the way into early feb.

Hi everyone! I did not apply to any schools that have interviews. But, I wanted to send a "good luck" to all of you attending interview in the near future.

Here are a couple links you might get something useful from!
  1. UK and Ireland Medical School Threads: UK + Irish Medical Schools
  2. Tips on MMI from this Cambridge student:
  3. MMI Practice Questions, guided playlist:

Wishing everyone well!

Hi everyone! I did not apply to any schools that have interviews. But, I wanted to send a "good luck" to all of you attending interview in the near future.

Here are a couple links you might get something useful from!
  1. UK and Ireland Medical School Threads: UK + Irish Medical Schools
  2. Tips on MMI from this Cambridge student:
  3. MMI Practice Questions, guided playlist:

Wishing everyone well!

Thanks for the resources !

do you guys know much about the roles of the AB Admission Officers? Do they advocate for us for spots in the schools we're applying to? Are they there for advice? I've been kind of confused on their official role since the beginning. I've just been going along with the process and ignoring my curiosity. My curiosity has the best of me though.

I recently discovered ABP and frantically have been writing my application. Going for late submission obviously, but hoping this doesn't kill my chances since deadline is February 15 for primary app and April for supplementary ones. I have a 3.6 cGPA, 508 MCAT, and lots of volunteering, ECs, and work experience. I'm very non-trad, which I heard is not ideal. Should I submit my stuff or save the money and just hope for Australia 2019?

I recently discovered ABP and frantically have been writing my application. Going for late submission obviously, but hoping this doesn't kill my chances since deadline is February 15 for primary app and April for supplementary ones. I have a 3.6 cGPA, 508 MCAT, and lots of volunteering, ECs, and work experience. I'm very non-trad, which I heard is not ideal. Should I submit my stuff or save the money and just hope for Australia 2019?
As someone who is also very non-trad (you can read my stuff above), I thought it was worth taking the risk. I thought it was worth the risk in my case because one year is not going to make my application anymore traditional. I have a lot of clinical/practical/work/volunteer experience, but it doesn't change my underlying degree. In a year I could take some supplementary courses, retake the MCAT, and gain more experience, but I can also start that process while also applying this year.

I have heard absolutely zero from ABP since late November. I emailed them today, but I am starting to get worried. Has anyone else heard zero from them in a long time?

I only got an email asking to update my transcript. Other than that I haven't received anything from them. Please let us know what ABP emails you back!

I only got an email asking to update my transcript. Other than that I haven't received anything from them. Please let us know what ABP emails you back!
Just got an email back saying "Your application is complete and there is nothing required at this time".

Hey guys I applied for the 5/6 year medicine program and I haven't heard anything about an interview and I submitted everything in November and some people who submitted much later already got their interviews. Is this bad news? Someone at ABP program emailed me saying "most of the spots are filled up so its unlikely to get an interview at this time". I'm super worried since I thought I had a chance at getting in. I live in vancouver canada, is there anyone else who hasn't gotten an interview yet?

AB emailed me they just started looking at applications now and interview offers will be held in feb/ march and first round offers will go out in march/ April/ may

Hey guys I applied for the 5/6 year medicine program and I haven't heard anything about an interview and I submitted everything in November and some people who submitted much later already got their interviews. Is this bad news? Someone at ABP program emailed me saying "most of the spots are filled up so its unlikely to get an interview at this time". I'm super worried since I thought I had a chance at getting in. I live in vancouver canada, is there anyone else who hasn't gotten an interview yet?
I did not receive anything yet too and it is making me freak out too :(

Hello guys, my interview is on the 25th for RCSI.
My stats were:
Sophomore in college
4.0 cGPA
4.0 sGPA
Two years of hospital volunteering
CNA certified
Biology teaching assistant & tutor
Neuro research no publications
Glowing recommendation letters
Multiple honors society/honors college

Besides that, I'm not sure what else got me an interview. Furthermore, would any of you be willing to share the pros/cons of this program, specifically RCSI.

Thanks!

Hello guys, my interview is on the 25th for RCSI.
My stats were:
Sophomore in college
4.0 cGPA
4.0 sGPA
Two years of hospital volunteering
CNA certified
Biology teaching assistant & tutor
Neuro research no publications
Glowing recommendation letters
Multiple honors society/honors college

Besides that, I'm not sure what else got me an interview. Furthermore, would any of you be willing to share the pros/cons of this program, specifically RCSI.

Thanks!

Your GPA is so good, which school? Also for pros and cons it really depends where you're from. If you're international there might be more cons than pros considering its harder to get residency if you're trying to come back to places like Canada so honestly with grades like yours you should consider applying wherever you're from, I'm sure you'll get in !