At this point, if hospital brings in AMC they have only themselves to blame

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder who supplied all that info. That's some detailed insider knowledge to know things like 4 wet taps in 2 days.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder who supplied all that info. That's some detailed insider knowledge to know things like 4 wet taps in 2 days.
Probably plenty of pissed off docs who wouldn’t or couldn’t leave are happy to supply the info

Reactions: 1 users
When the lawyer sues the locums anesthesiologist involved in that case, they should tack on a suit against the hospital administrator who chose to contract with Northstar.

When the lawyer sues the locums anesthesiologist involved in that case, they should tack on a suit against the hospitalist administrator who chose to contract with Northstar.
Won't happen.

Reactions: 1 user
Feel bad for the poor Shumuck, who is only less than 5 years out..... and will be dealing with this for the next 5 yrs.

Reactions: 1 user
Won't happen.
They will definitely try and sue the hospital. They have the deepest pockets and especially with this level of publicity regarding the anesthesia department turnover, it’s a no brainer.

Reactions: 1 users
They will definitely try and sue the hospital. They have the deepest pockets and especially with this level of publicity regarding the anesthesia department turnover, it’s a no brainer.

Sure they will sue the hospital. But, suing an administrator for choosing Northstar, -a company that provides anesthesia at over 100 hospitals and 2000 clinicians. That dog don't hunt.

Reactions: 3 users
When the lawyer sues the locums anesthesiologist involved in that case, they should tack on a suit against the hospital administrator who chose to contract with Northstar.

I don't think I've ever heard of an administrator getting named in this type of lawsuit.

This is why they act the way they do. They are shielded when SHTF. If there was even a chance they could get sued, you would see a huge difference in how these administrators act.

The only one who gets stuck holding the bag is the physician who cared for the patient. The hospital/ health system will get named but not the admins who make crappy decisions that lead to poor outcomes.

What a system

Reactions: 5 users
I don't think I've ever heard of an administrator getting named in this type of lawsuit.

This is why they act the way they do. They are shielded when SHTF. If there was even a chance they could get sued, you would see a huge difference in how these administrators act.

The only one who gets stuck holding the bag is the physician who cared for the patient. The hospital/ health system will get named but not the admins who make crappy decisions that lead to poor outcomes.

What a system

The phrases that you are looking for are “piercing the corporate veil”.
and “skin in the game”

• Love
Reactions: 8 users