Army-Baylor DPT applicant (applying 2020 - 2021 cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm holding my breathe for today but my expectations are set at "any time this week will do" lol

Here's to hoping we all get in!

Reactions: 1 user
Is it anyone's first time applying as well? I was talking with someone that attended previously and they were talking about how unlikely it is to get in the first time...which brought me down slightly. So it makes me wonder what percentage of people are first time applicants.
I'm a first time applicant. Don't listen to that info. They will choose based on qualification. Just keep your head up. You have just as great a chance as anyone else on here.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it anyone's first time applying as well? I was talking with someone that attended previously and they were talking about how unlikely it is to get in the first time...which brought me down slightly. So it makes me wonder what percentage of people are first time applicants.
It's my second time applying but my last application was denied more for admin than merit. The number of times that you apply has nothing to do with your chances of getting in. Look at it this way. If you are a civilian applying to the program and you've made it this far. Then you are 1 of 50 (that's how many packets they pushed to the board). Now consider they have 30-32 slots to fill (if you are open to any branch) which puts you at over a 50% chance of making the cut. It will really come down to what the board is looking for in their applicants, not how many times you've applied

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure if everyone saw the e-mail yet, but it would appear the wait continues. I, personally, am going to prepare myself for a Friday notification so I don't have a mini stroke every time my phone rings lol

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure if everyone saw the e-mail yet, but it would appear the wait continues. I, personally, am going to prepare myself for a Friday notification so I don't have a mini stroke every time my phone rings lol
yep. def had a slight heart attack over here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cue the Jeopardy theme song...

I can't imagine waiting for this again after doing it once already, but it sure speaks to your dedication and desire to do this program.

The wait was worth it! Just got the call from my recruiter that I was accepted! Best of luck to you all

Just got word. I got accepted!!!

I also got in! my recruiter called me around 5:45 NY time. Best of luck to everyone! Does anyone know when civilians may have to start their training?

Congrats! I would assume that civilians will have to attend the direct commission camp (DCC) at Ft. Sill this summer, then AMEDD BOLC at Ft. Sam Houston prior to class beginning in January. I’d anticipate more information to come out with the official email. I’m currently a Medical Service Corps officer, so I’m available and willing to help any of you out that have been accepted.
I also got in! my recruiter called me around 5:45 NY time. Best of luck to everyone! Does anyone know when civilians may have to start their training?

Got placed on the OML. Although chances are really slim, hopefully some of us on the OML get called up. Recruiter said 23 were selected, 19 were OML, and 8 were rejected.

My recruiter just told me that I have to get an age waiver. Way to make me feel old Army...

OML for me as well. The wait continues 😂

Accepted here too! Actually don’t know which branch it was for (assuming army)? I had a hard time paying attention after I heard I was in so I guess I’ll follow up on that tomorrow lol. Congrats to everyone else who got in, and good luck to those on the oml.

Got placed on the OML. Although chances are really slim, hopefully some of us on the OML get called up. Recruiter said 23 were selected, 19 were OML, and 8 were rejected.
23 were selected for army only or does that include the other branches as well?

23 were selected for army only or does that include the other branches as well?
I’m not sure honestly. He just plainly said “23 were selected and 19 were waitlisted.” Honestly, I don’t know what’s gonna happen at this point. All we can do is just hope that if someone turns down their spot that you’re the next one up in the OML.

Congratulations, everyone who made it! I'm excited to meet you all!

Best of luck to everyone on the OML!

Reactions: 1 user
Just as a reminder, they accept a handful from the OML every cycle so keep your head in the game!

Yes. Not sure if they will or have selected for the other branches separately.
Considering there are (or were supposed to be) 30-32 slots, my guess would be that they are still sorting out who will be in the other branches

Considering there are (or were supposed to be) 30-32 slots, my guess would be that they are still sorting out who will be in the other branches
That's what I'm wandering. But why not select them at the same time rather than place then on an OML? I have many questions. I made sure to select no preference even though I'm currently army.

Congrats! I would assume that civilians will have to attend the direct commission camp (DCC) at Ft. Sill this summer, then AMEDD BOLC at Ft. Sam Houston prior to class beginning in January. I’d anticipate more information to come out with the official email. I’m currently a Medical Service Corps officer, so I’m available and willing to help any of you out that have been accepted.
I actually have a question! I will commissioning into med services this May. I am scheduled to be at CST all summer, report to BOLC mid-august, and then head to my duty station in November. I got onto the OML list this cycle so now I actually am a bit conflicted as to what to do. Should I reapply next cycle (in the midst of all the moving I am doing around) or do I wait until I am settled into my duty station. Especially since I believe once you are commissioned you need a conditional letter of release?

There were only 23 selected because there was a deferment from the cohort last cycle, according to the email I got.

I actually have a question! I will commissioning into med services this May. I am scheduled to be at CST all summer, report to BOLC mid-august, and then head to my duty station in November. I got onto the OML list this cycle so now I actually am a bit conflicted as to what to do. Should I reapply next cycle (in the midst of all the moving I am doing around) or do I wait until I am settled into my duty station. Especially since I believe once you are commissioned you need a conditional letter of release?
I would say if you get picked up off of the OML, then you’d receive amended orders to attend PT school as opposed to your post BOLC duty station. If you don’t get picked up this cycle, you would need a letter of release from MSC (was pretty simple to get) and a conditional letter of release in a 4187 (mine was signed by my company, battalion and brigade commanders).

I don't think that's accurate. Keep in mind the 6 slots for air force and navy.
I spoke with Mr. Stephens and he said they had a total of 30-32 slots. 4 Airforce, 4 navy, and 22-24 army. I asked why only 23 were selected and he said there was a deferment from the cohort last cycle and said Airforce and Navy already selected their slots. I was also told that the 23 slots were all army

I spoke with Mr. Stephens and he said they had a total of 30-32 slots. 4 Airforce, 4 navy, and 22-24 army. I asked why only 23 were selected and he said there was a deferment from the cohort last cycle and said Airforce and Navy already selected their slots. I was also told that the 23 slots were all army
That sounds accurate.

I still have not heard back from my recruiter after reaching out a few times. Any advice on what I should do? Should I just wait it out?

I still have not heard back from my recruiter after reaching out a few times. Any advice on what I should do? Should I just wait it out?
Do you have any other point of contact at your recruiting station? If so, I would reach out to them. There is a chance that your recruiter is on leave or detailed out somewhere.