Army-Baylor DPT applicant (applying 2020 - 2021 cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone, and a huge congrats to those who have gotten an interview. I am new to this thread and I am starting to get nervous.... I submitted my application in late August but I have yet to hear anything back. Fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there everybody! It’s my second time applying to the program and I have my interview tomorrow. Best of luck to everyone in this application cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey y’all. I got the email for scheduling an interview yesterday and am going to have it this upcoming Tuesday.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! I am also applying this year for my first time. I’m currently a SFC on active duty as an AMEDD recruiter for the Army. I applied toward the end of the application window and have not heard anything as of yet. I would recommend reaching out to an AMEDD recruiter to begin your processing if you have any medical or moral concerns. If you have any questions please let me know.

Also, how long after the interview invite did they contact you to actually schedule it?
About a week to schedule it from date of notification and then we scheduled the interview that same week. But it is based on the person interviewing you from what I understand. Awhile ago I scoured previous year's forums and there's been folks who've been notified in a day and at least one that had to follow up with the schools after like a month or two of not having been contacted.

Hey, y’all. I just had my interview this past Wednesday. Anyone know about how that recruiter reach out process works and what it entails?

Hey, y’all. I just had my interview this past Wednesday. Anyone know about how that recruiter reach out process works and what it entails?
Good evening. Once you’ve been selected to move forward a recruiter will be notified and you can begin the processing. This will include a physical exam and background investigation. If you want to be proactive you could reach out to an AMEDD recruiter to get the process started. Your physical exam is good for two years. Let me know if you have anymore questions pertaining to this as I am an AMEDD recruiter.

Has anybody currently serving received any information about an interview yet? I know I submitted my application toward the end of the period, but I still haven’t heard anything.

Has anybody currently serving received any information about an interview yet? I know I submitted my application toward the end of the period, but I still haven’t heard anything.
I am active duty (Navy) and have not heard back for an interview. However, I submitted my application on Oct. 1

I’m an active Army officer. I had my interview on the 9th of October. I submitted my application early to mid-September.

I’m an active Army officer. I had my interview on the 9th of October. I submitted my application early to mid-September.
what branch are you transferring from if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been contacted yet by a recruiter after the interview?

based on the DPT application timeline off their website, I believe that recruiters should be reaching out to us starting November 16th. I think it is a estimate provided by the program rather than an explicit start date. So it could be earlier or later I guess

I’m at JBLM, WA. I called the local Army healthcare recruiter today and was essentially told to just wait.
I haven't heard anything from a recruiter either. My interviewer said I wouldn't hear back until mid-November because of their timeline. I also have been told not to contact your local recruiter until they contact you.

I haven't heard anything from a recruiter either. My interviewer said I wouldn't hear back until mid-November because of their timeline. I also have been told not to contact your local recruiter until they contact you.
I wouldn’t have normally, but I leave for JRTC Monday and won’t have my phone. I just wanted to call them and make sure I wasn’t going to miss any emails and/or phone calls while I was gone.

I wouldn’t have normally, but I leave for JRTC Monday and won’t have my phone. I just wanted to call them and make sure I wasn’t going to miss any emails and/or phone calls while I was gone.
Generally the timeline is kind of short for getting your packet complete once selected. Being an officer already it will make it easier as we can just use your PHA and IMR for your PE.

So which precedes the other? Phase 2 or a recruiter reaching out? From my understanding, everyone who got an interview will have a recruiter contact them, THEN phase 2 (if selected) will commence. Do I have that right?

So which precedes the other? Phase 2 or a recruiter reaching out? From my understanding, everyone who got an interview will have a recruiter contact them, THEN phase 2 (if selected) will commence. Do I have that right?
From my side of things we get the list of those selected and process based off that list. In my office we process from all over. If you e made the first cut and don’t want to wait let me know.

From my side of things we get the list of those selected and process based off that list. In my office we process from all over. If you e made the first cut and don’t want to wait let me know.
Do you happen to know if you are able to start the process with one recruiter, but finish with a different one? I'm not currently in my home state & don't know when I'll return, yet. Does that make sense?

Do you happen to know if you are able to start the process with one recruiter, but finish with a different one? I'm not currently in my home state & don't know when I'll return, yet. Does that make sense?
Typically you start and finish with the same recruiter. With everything going on these days it is much easier to do things virtually and complete the application.

Typically you start and finish with the same recruiter. With everything going on these days it is much easier to do things virtually and complete the application.
Thanks for the info! I figured that was the case.

“The Admission Cycle runs from July through October each year. Applicants selected for interviews are notified by 1 November.”
Since it’s a Sunday this year, I’m guessing today is the last day to be notified. Fingers crossed!!!!

Hey all,
I am a first year student in the program starting the didactic phase in January. I knew people who heard from recruiters in October or November. I interviewed in September and didn't hear from a recruiter until early December. It's frustrating, but it depends on the recruiter. It will vary from person to person.

Well, I did not receive an interview, but I will be applying again next year. Congrats to everyone who received an interview and double congrats to those that move on with a recruiter. Best of luck to you all!

Hey all,
I am a first year student in the program starting the didactic phase in January. I knew people who heard from recruiters in October or November. I interviewed in September and didn't hear from a recruiter until early December. It's frustrating, but it depends on the recruiter. It will vary from person to person.
Do you know how the process works? Do we get notified of Phase II first THEN a recruiter reached out? And how does MEPS work? Does that happen once you’re admitted into the program?

I just talked to my mentor who is on the staff there, they are not done interviews and aim to finish this month with the remainder! Fingers Crossed! I know everyone is behind because of COVID.

Do you know how the process works? Do we get notified of Phase II first THEN a recruiter reached out? And how does MEPS work? Does that happen once you’re admitted into the program?
I believe you will be notified you have been pushed to phase II before you hear from the recruiter. MEPS will typically happen before you have been accepted. Its a requirement to have it completed before the final selection board in Feb/March. I was accepted before having MEPS completed because covid shut the military down for awhile and I wasn't able to go until after the board, and my application required a waiver for not having MEPS completed. But typically you will do MEPS around December/January time frame.

I just talked to my mentor who is on the staff there, they are not done interviews and aim to finish this month with the remainder! Fingers Crossed! I know everyone is behind because of COVID.
I’m happy to hear this but nervous all over again! Fingers crossed!

I believe you will be notified you have been pushed to phase II before you hear from the recruiter. MEPS will typically happen before you have been accepted. Its a requirement to have it completed before the final selection board in Feb/March. I was accepted before having MEPS completed because covid shut the military down for awhile and I wasn't able to go until after the board, and my application required a waiver for not having MEPS completed. But typically you will do MEPS around December/January time frame.
Do you or anyone else know if this timeline is the same for military personnel? Or is this only applicable to civilians?
Thanks and good luck to all.

Wanting to clarify a question I have about multiple acceptances... The Army Baylor program is my top choice by far, but I have some acceptances from other schools as a back up. Paying a deposit to a school doesn’t prevent you from being able to be accepted, right? It’s only if you officially attend classes, right? Hope this makes sense & thanks in advance!

Wanting to clarify a question I have about multiple acceptances... The Army Baylor program is my top choice by far, but I have some acceptances from other schools as a back up. Paying a deposit to a school doesn’t prevent you from being able to be accepted, right? It’s only if you officially attend classes, right? Hope this makes sense & thanks in advance!

Yes, the way you understand it is correct.

Has anyone heard anything or received any emails regarding moving on to Phase 2?

Has anyone heard anything or received any emails regarding moving on to Phase 2?
I think it is around November 15th or 16th when they will contact us about moving on to phase two or not. Correct me if I am wrong!

I think it is around November 15th or 16th when they will contact us about moving on to phase two or not. Correct me if I am wrong!
I was told around thanksgiving but I mean, all there really is to do is to wait.

Reactions: 2 users
Good evening. Has anybody received any new information or interviews? I know the deadline is supposed to be the 15th, just wondering if there is still a chance.

Good evening. Has anybody received any new information or interviews? I know the deadline is supposed to be the 15th, just wondering if there is still a chance.
I emailed them and they said they still have interview slots to fill and interviews to conduct. So hopefully that means there is still a chance.

I’ve heard that Phase 2 notifications will be sent from mid to late November.