Army-Baylor DPT applicant (applying 2020 - 2021 cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wanting to clarify a question I have about multiple acceptances... The Army Baylor program is my top choice by far, but I have some acceptances from other schools as a back up. Paying a deposit to a school doesn’t prevent you from being able to be accepted, right? It’s only if you officially attend classes, right? Hope this makes sense & thanks in advance!
Per the new rules you can actually start classes at a different school and drop out and attend army baylor if that were the case. Being accepted to or starting classes at another program do not prevent you from attending or being accepted to Army-Baylor

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question. What does MEPS entail? I know it includes a physical such as height, weight, medical background, and the likes. However, does it also include a physical fitness battery assessment such as deadlift, 2 mile run, and things of that sort...?

I have a question. What does MEPS entail? I know it includes a physical such as height, weight, medical background, and the likes. However, does it also include a physical fitness battery assessment such as deadlift, 2 mile run, and things of that sort...?
That is all after and it is called the OPAT that you will complete. That will consist of a deadlift, shuttle sprint, standing long jump and seated medicine ball toss.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is all after and it is called the OPAT that you will complete. That will consist of a deadlift, shuttle sprint, standing long jump and seated medicine ball toss.
Ahhh I see. You reckon that OPAT is completed once someone has already been admitted to the program?

Good evening all. I received my email notification today that I was not selected for this year’s cohort. Best of luck to everyone moving forward. If you have questions about the process including the physical and processing you can email me at [email protected]

Good evening all. I received my email notification today that I was not selected for this year’s cohort. Best of luck to everyone moving forward. If you have questions about the process including the physical and processing you can email me at [email protected]
Sorry to hear! I was in your shoes last year. Good luck if you decide to re-apply next year!!

Anyone get Phase II email yet? Today should be where they may be sending em out but idk... a bit anxious .-.

Reactions: 1 user
I have received mine as well!!! Does anyone have a rough idea of how many applicants move on to phase II? Just curious.

Reactions: 2 users
I have just received a phase II email as well. Is there a current student who can tell me what it's like to be a student there and what to expect as a student?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Phase II for me as well!

I got the Phase 2 email as well. Congrats y’all

I have received mine as well!!! Does anyone have a rough idea of how many applicants move on to phase II? Just curious.
From what I’ve heard, 50-60 historically. This class size might be a few more than usual so it could be more?

Do they send out the Phase II emails only on November 16th? Or do they send out those emails over a period of a few days?

Do they send out the Phase II emails only on November 16th? Or do they send out those emails over a period of a few days?
They will send them out for probably the next month or so

Congrats to everyone who has moved on to Phase II so far!! So as of right now do we wait for recruiters to contact us or are we able to start any paperwork or processing prior to that?

I'm moving on to Phase 2 as well! Congrats to everyone else who has as well!

I noticed in the Phase 2 email that it said that the selection board is not meeting until April 2021. But on the Army Baylor website, it says that offers will be extended by the applicant's recruiter in early March to March 21st. Does anyone know which one is correct?

On to phase 2! Maybe the third time is the charm! Like others I'm curious how many of us are left at this point and when we will be contacted by recruiters. Excited might be an understatement regardless of the wait!

I noticed in the Phase 2 email that it said that the selection board is not meeting until April 2021. But on the Army Baylor website, it says that offers will be extended by the applicant's recruiter in early March to March 21st. Does anyone know which one is correct?
I mean, the website also had interviews until Nov 1st and then the website was updated to say Nov 15th so I feel like the email would be more reliable. Perhaps they'll update the website later on.

Anyone actually get in contact with a recruiter today? I called 3 numbers and got voicemails for all of them.

Any current active duty officers in phase 2 as well? I reached out to Mr. Stephens and he’s saying I still need to do the PE, background check and OPAT. I completed all of those requirements prior to commissioning, so it seems somewhat odd to have to complete those again? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Any current active duty officers in phase 2 as well? I reached out to Mr. Stephens and he’s saying I still need to do the PE, background check and OPAT. I completed all of those requirements prior to commissioning, so it seems somewhat odd to have to complete those again? Any insight would be greatly appreciated
I reached out to him as well. He told me to go forward with recruiting still, so I followed his instructions from the phase 2 email. Thus far I've gotten a response that gave contact info on a different recruiter to contact. However, they are teleworking and no one has answered and had a full voicemailbox (possibly thanksgiving disrupted work last week as well).

Sticks in my mind that they are able to use your PHA in lieu of PE. Hard to imagine we couldn't sub our clearance and PT card for the others but once I find anything out I can let you know. Any other AD folks make any progress?

Anyone actually get in contact with a recruiter today? I called 3 numbers and got voicemails for all of them.
Nope haha. Same issue. Hopefully will get a better response now that we're past Thanksgiving week

I haven’t heard anything either. However, I heard that some applicants from last year didn’t get a call from their recruiter as far as mid December.

I reached out to him as well. He told me to go forward with recruiting still, so I followed his instructions from the phase 2 email. Thus far I've gotten a response that gave contact info on a different recruiter to contact. However, they are teleworking and no one has answered and had a full voicemailbox (possibly thanksgiving disrupted work last week as well).

Sticks in my mind that they are able to use your PHA in lieu of PE. Hard to imagine we couldn't sub our clearance and PT card for the others but once I find anything out I can let you know. Any other AD folks make any progress?
I’ll be leaving JRTC in the next few days and I’ll go ahead with the instructions provided in the email as well once I return home.
I was thinking the same in regards to the clearance and PHA. I’ll let you know if I hear anything on my end as well.

I found out who my recruiter is. I looked them up on global and have sent them a few e-mails. I got a couple of automated responses essentially preparing me to fill out the DCA ( online recruiting application portal). I finished that and my current guidance is that we are going to schedule an appointment to talk about PE and clearance. Both of which should be short conversations considering I am active duty and already have a clearance. I will let you guys know what happens next.

I am a civilian that will be going through military processing for the first time. Does anyone have any insight as to what to expect? Thank you all for any information that you can provide me with!

I called my local recruiter (San Antonio, TX). I’m sure y’all were directed to your local recruiter as well after getting “prequalified” from a coordinator from Ft. Knox. Moreover, I called the number he gave me but had to leave a voicemail to the recruiter in SA TX. This was this past Friday.

My question is: When does all this processing (physical examination, MEPS, board packet, etc.) need to be done? I’m worried this may be the beginning of a tedious/delayed process.

I called my local recruiter (San Antonio, TX). I’m sure y’all were directed to your local recruiter as well after getting “prequalified” from a coordinator from Ft. Knox. Moreover, I called the number he gave me but had to leave a voicemail to the recruiter in SA TX. This was this past Friday.

My question is: When does all this processing (physical examination, MEPS, board packet, etc.) need to be done? I’m worried this may be the beginning of a tedious/delayed process.
I’m in the same boat as you, Justin. I’m in San Antonio as well. I’ll DM you some information I received from a different recruiter in the area.

Last edited:
I will try to run this down for everyone with questions. It would seem that, of the people posting, I may be the furthest in this process. The first thing that is going to happen is that you will find out who your recruiter is. It's pretty straight forward, just look up your local AMEDD recruiter. Contact them or pay them a visit. They will give you a handful of documents that they need to initiate your DCA (online application). The DCA is pretty comprehensive and has a lot of content that may require some digging (medical history, List of references going back 10 years, list of employment going back 10 years, etc.). Once you submit your DCA, reach out to your recruiter again to let them know. They will then (or at least they should) schedule a visit with them to continue compiling paperwork for your packet. From that point forward it will likely be onsie/twosie type documents that are needed or that need to be corrected. It is going to be laborious, tedious, and slow. That is the nature of these things. We have plenty of time and this is a good forum to ask questions. I will be posting updates as I make my way through the process. Hopefully that helps clear this up a bit for your guys.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey all,
Mr. Stephens mentioned emailing us a "UM document" that we then send to our recruiter. Has anyone received the email with this document?

I am a civilian that will be going through military processing for the first time. Does anyone have any insight as to what to expect? Thank you all for any information that you can provide me with!
Its not a confusing process but be aware that a lot of it can be very time consuming so as soon as you're sent forms to fill out or instructed to do your security clearance (which mind you is a document that is like 100 pages long), definitely work on it sooner than later.

Its not a confusing process but be aware that a lot of it can be very time consuming so as soon as you're sent forms to fill out or instructed to do your security clearance (which mind you is a document that is like 100 pages long), definitely work on it sooner than later.
Thank you for your reply!

Hey all,
Mr. Stephens mentioned emailing us a "UM document" that we then send to our recruiter. Has anyone received the email with this document?
I have not yet

Jade, a couple things I'd add to cloudllama's points. There are a lot of lazy, cranky people who you are asked to rely on throughout this process.. Don't let it discourage you haha. Some paperwork will get lost, some people will forget to do what they say they will, etc, so a really important thing is to stay on the phone poking and prodding people with follow ups. There's no catch-all system in the military, there is just you following up. Next, you will have quite a few forms. It might be a little overwhelming (at least it was when I first looked at them). Let us know as you go through if you get stuck on anything especially if your recruiter isn't helpful (most are good people, but if not most of us know a recruiter or 2 that is who can confirm info you've received). I think my biggest worries were filling out medical and security clearance documents. When I enlisted, I don't think my recruiter had my best interest in mind and am glad to have not listened haha, so feel free to DM me if you have any questions on those. Granted, it was much different as an officer. Last, and I guess this is along the same line but in MEPS and other "big military" parts of the process, we're just a number. I spent 2 days at MEPS, SUPER boring days (no cell phone allowed, just standing and waiting) and was ready to be gone. When I was finally about to sign my contract I realized it was for the wrong career and basic training conflicted with school. I asked to change it which thoroughly annoyed the individuals working with me and added more time to the process (but obviously pretty glad I caught that).

Hopefully none of that catastrophized the process. Experiences vary, I only had a few hiccups and it was much more pleasant commissioning. But the takeaway is to be ok with annoying people in the process, take your time at the in-person stuff, and verify what you can.

Jade, a couple things I'd add to cloudllama's points. There are a lot of lazy, cranky people who you are asked to rely on throughout this process.. Don't let it discourage you haha. Some paperwork will get lost, some people will forget to do what they say they will, etc, so a really important thing is to stay on the phone poking and prodding people with follow ups. There's no catch-all system in the military, there is just you following up. Next, you will have quite a few forms. It might be a little overwhelming (at least it was when I first looked at them). Let us know as you go through if you get stuck on anything especially if your recruiter isn't helpful (most are good people, but if not most of us know a recruiter or 2 that is who can confirm info you've received). I think my biggest worries were filling out medical and security clearance documents. When I enlisted, I don't think my recruiter had my best interest in mind and am glad to have not listened haha, so feel free to DM me if you have any questions on those. Granted, it was much different as an officer. Last, and I guess this is along the same line but in MEPS and other "big military" parts of the process, we're just a number. I spent 2 days at MEPS, SUPER boring days (no cell phone allowed, just standing and waiting) and was ready to be gone. When I was finally about to sign my contract I realized it was for the wrong career and basic training conflicted with school. I asked to change it which thoroughly annoyed the individuals working with me and added more time to the process (but obviously pretty glad I caught that).

Hopefully none of that catastrophized the process. Experiences vary, I only had a few hiccups and it was much more pleasant commissioning. But the takeaway is to be ok with annoying people in the process, take your time at the in-person stuff, and verify what you can.
Thank you soooo much for this information! This is very helpful!

Hypothetically, say you get your paperwork & MEPS done before the board meets then you find out you're accepted...does anyone know what you do between March & August? Do you have to meet with your recruiter a lot during that time period? Thanks in advance.

Hypothetically, say you get your paperwork & MEPS done before the board meets then you find out you're accepted...does anyone know what you do between March & August? Do you have to meet with your recruiter a lot during that time period? Thanks in advance.
Not too much. I met with my recruiter a couple times maybe. Mostly just filled out some paperwork he would email me and I would email it back. Not a lot needed to do after that.

Not too much. I met with my recruiter a couple times maybe. Mostly just filled out some paperwork he would email me and I would email it back. Not a lot needed to do after that.
So not needing to meet physically in person?

So not needing to meet physically in person?
I met with him in person for my fingerprints, commissioning, and maybe a few other requirements. You'll meet with him in person, but in my case it was only a few times. Im sure it will vary with each recruiter and also with how close you live to your recruiter as well.

I met with him in person for my fingerprints, commissioning, and maybe a few other requirements. You'll meet with him in person, but in my case it was only a few times. Im sure it will vary with each recruiter and also with how close you live to your recruiter as well.
Gotcha! Thanks for sharing.

Just curious, are there others still waiting for their recruiters to contact them? I also have no military background and the process is new to me.

Just curious, are there others still waiting for their recruiters to contact them? I also have no military background and the process is new to me.
My advice (anyone else chime in) is try and get ahold of a regular local recruiter. They’ll have access to better contact info than the GOARMY website or google will provide you.

I'm in the same boat, I've tried calling my local recruiter 3 separate times, but no response. Basically just waiting now to get a call back from them