applicant registration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktat72

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the NRMP, I noticed today that applicant registration begins. What does that mean? Can I start applying to programs or do I still have to wait till September 1st?

Members don't see this ad.

I just registered with NRMP...there is no place to enter programs where you plan on applying to. You have to do that through ERAS which I believe won't let you send your applications in until Sept 1

how do you register through NRMP?

I just registered. Thanks.

Jamezuva said:
Go to www.nrmp.org and click on the button that says "register/login"...be prepared to pay $65 via credit card

when i registered, it said $90. is it a different price for US med students?

It wouldn't surprise me if they charged more for IMGs... I'm a U.S. senior, and they only asked me to pay $65... sorry, they do treat you IMGs crappy :(

I just registered...$65.
What's the scoop with this second match? Are they actually planning on implementing that this year???

Harrie said:
I just registered...$65.
What's the scoop with this second match? Are they actually planning on implementing that this year???

I seriously doubt it'll be implemented this year....

What did you think of the 2nd match idea? I didn't like the idea of having to wait even longer for Match Day!

*shrug* it's only 2 weeks later than what it is currently. That's easy enough to bare if it helps people who don't match

Prominence, are you a D.O. or M.D. student? I just regestered and I also paid $90.00

Alphaman06 said:
Prominence, are you a D.O. or M.D. student? I just regestered and I also paid $90.00

foreign MD student

What is the difference between registering with NRMP and filling out an application through ERAS? Do I have to do both? :confused:

There is too much crap to do for application to residency. :(

Lefty said:
What is the difference between registering with NRMP and filling out an application through ERAS? Do I have to do both? :confused:

There is too much crap to do for application to residency. :(

Yes, unfortunately, you have to do both. ERAS is the system you use to apply to programs, NRMP coordinates the Match

so can we register for NRMP like after January 1st? Or is that something we should be doing now?

undecided05 said:
so can we register for NRMP like after January 1st? Or is that something we should be doing now?

Well, you can wait till Jan, but you'll be paying a late fee. You should do it before Dec to avoid the penalty

undecided05 said:

You're gonna be spending the money eventually. Personally, I figured since it's on my mind right now, might as well just get it over with now instead of possibly forgetting about it later.