Anyone is still waiting for MCPHS(Boston) and LIU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waiting for MCPHS 2nd year, do u guys think they will tell us at the last possible second?

Members don't see this ad.

i think they are waiting until 5/15 to send out these decision. I recalled someone on this forum mention a few months ago that he/she was offered a second year sit. So i'm guessing the admin is waiting for those they have offered a while ago to make their decision then they'll call us. I'm waiting too. good luck

i think they are waiting until 5/15 to send out these decision. I recalled someone on this forum mention a few months ago that he/she was offered a second year sit. So i'm guessing the admin is waiting for those they have offered a while ago to make their decision then they'll call us. I'm waiting too. good luck

Unfortunately, we donot know that. hope that all of us can get in

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an LIU student
GPA: 3.9
PCAT: 92 composite

It's been 2 months since my interview and I am getting very anxious and annoyed that LIU hasn't sent replies yet. It's been very hard for me to focus on school because of the lack of response. Is anyone just as anxious?

My friend called LIU on Friday and they claimed that they STILL DID NOT MAIL ANY DECISION LETTERS. Is LIU the only pharmacy school left in the nation that hasn't sent them out yet? Even the pharmcas website is closed for this year. Jeeeeez.

P.S. LIU does not tell anyone, not even the teachers, when the final exams are scheduled until the DAY before finals week. If you get in here, be prepared for the laziest college administration in the world.

P.P.S. I've been sent that 2nd year email from MCPHS too.

I'm an LIU student

It's been 2 months since my interview and I am getting very anxious and annoyed that LIU hasn't sent replies yet. It's been very hard for me to focus on school because of the lack of response. Is anyone just as anxious?

My friend called LIU on Friday and they claimed that they STILL DID NOT MAIL ANY DECISION LETTERS. Is LIU the only pharmacy school left in the nation that hasn't sent them out yet? Even the pharmcas website is closed for this year. Jeeeeez.

P.S. LIU does not tell anyone, not even the teachers, when the final exams are scheduled until the DAY before finals week. If you get in here, be prepared for the laziest college administration in the world.
totally understand, same here, I feel like I am hanging to dry:(, I called last
Thursday, and they told me to wait. I can hardly concentrate on my final preparations. BTW, I turned down another school's offer, just hoping to get in LIU, the wait is pure torture.
don't worry, with your excellent status, and the advantage of being in their pre-pharm program, you 'll be fine!:love:

totally understand, same here, I feel like I am hanging to dry:(, I called last
Thursday, and they told me to wait. I can hardly concentrate on my final preparations. BTW, I turned down another school's offer, just hoping to get in LIU, the wait is pure torture.
don't worry, with your excellent status, and the advantage of being in their pre-pharm program, you 'll be fine!:love:

OMG, I can't believe you turned down another school for LIU. I REALLY hope you get in! <333

I'm an LIU student

P.P.S. I've been sent that 2nd year email from MCPHS too.

HI, when did you receive letter from MCPHS? I don't understand how LIU works; I did not even hear anything from LIU since submited my application

HI, when did you receive letter from MCPHS? I don't understand how LIU works; I did not even hear anything from LIU since submited my application

I got the first email from MCPHS on April 4th, and then again on April 8th to confirm that I want to wait for 2nd year seats.

When did you submit your application to LIU? I got my interview request on the very first round Feb 26th because I submitted my application a good month before the deadline. My friends with good gpa's who submitted their applications on the due date were invited for interviews a week after me. The very last day for interviews was on April 5th. If you did not get an interview, they wont take you. :( My friend who did not get an interview knows he's not getting in this year. He did not receive a rejection letter yet. I guess LIU sends out all the rejections and acceptances at the same time. Even if you got an interview, you can still get rejected. So there is no peace for anyone until the letters come. Wow, I feel like such a bearer of bad news.

But the good news is, we're in America, we eat, shower, and sleep on warm beds daily. Life is already good. Honestly, if I don't get into pharmacy school this year, I will be crushed because this is what I've been working so hard for for the past 2 years. But I really think that even if I don't get in, I can still be content with another job. :)

I got the first email from MCPHS on April 4th, and then again on April 8th to confirm that I want to wait for 2nd year seats.

When did you submit your application to LIU? I got my interview request on the very first round Feb 26th because I submitted my application a good month before the deadline. My friends with good gpa's who submitted their applications on the due date were invited for interviews a week after me. The very last day for interviews was on April 5th. If you did not get an interview, they wont take you. :( My friend who did not get an interview knows he's not getting in this year. He did not receive a rejection letter yet. I guess LIU sends out all the rejections and acceptances at the same time. Even if you got an interview, you can still get rejected. So there is no peace for anyone until the letters come. Wow, I feel like such a bearer of bad news.

But the good news is, we're in America, we eat, shower, and sleep on warm beds daily. Life is already good. Honestly, if I don't get into pharmacy school this year, I will be crushed because this is what I've been working so hard for for the past 2 years. But I really think that even if I don't get in, I can still be content with another job. :)

From what I've heard, even if you get accepted they can still void your acceptance if you do bad in the spring semester. But there's too much chatter going around and it's hard to tell what the administration is actually going to do.

Boo I just got a rejection email from MCPHS. :( Truthfully, I wasn't interested in investing another $40K for a mere chance of getting into their pharmacy school. But now I'm left alone with just LIU.

Did anyone get accepted to MCPHS?

Boo I just got a rejection email from MCPHS. :( Truthfully, I wasn't interested in investing another $40K for a mere chance of getting into their pharmacy school. But now I'm left alone with just LIU.

I can't believe they didnt accept you with those stats!!:rolleyes: hope u make into LIU.

I can't believe they didnt accept you with those stats!!:rolleyes: hope u make into LIU.

not a great news for me either !

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone heard anything about LIU? im assuming we should hear by tomorrow or 2 days..?

I got the rejection via email.

My friend called LIU again and the office just said that they will mail the letters either today or tomorrow. :hungover: ::sigh:: I guess I'll just keep stalking my mail lady all week for the mail. (-_-)

My friend called LIU again and the office just said that they will mail the letters either today or tomorrow. :hungover: ::sigh:: I guess I'll just keep stalking my mail lady all week for the mail. (-_-)

Fingers crossed =/

sorry to hear that, you know what I did not hear from these two schools. people who got the rejection were via email????

sorry to hear that, you know what I did not hear from these two schools. people who got the rejection were via email????

yeah, i got an email !

im sorry to hear that LIUpharm333, if u didnt get in with those stats something is def. wrong with these people...i mean how was your science gpa?

im sorry to hear that LIUpharm333, if u didnt get in with those stats something is def. wrong with these people...i mean how was your science gpa?

okay I rounded up
cumulative gpa :3.875
science gpa: 3.888

I like to think that they didn't take me because they're sure LIU will take me (-_-) but I'm just saying that to make myself feel better. :p

Also, I've only had 4 months experience at a pharmacy as an intern.

P.S. Thanks everyone for being so supportive. I love this forum, it's so therapeutic. Good Luck Guys!! We can do it!

I called today and they told me that letters go out in the middle of next week. I have not heard a peep from them all semester at all.

And it sucks how they don't even post the specific dates for finals until like 5 days before finals.

Finals start on THURSDAY MAY 8TH!!!!!! I need to have time to tell my boss if I can't work because it takes ages to find good coverage. My boss wouldn't be happy with me finding a n00b to cover my hours.

And yes, you can still get kicked out of LIU if you mess up the Spring semester. I just wish that LIU had stayed with the progression method, instead of making it so competitive. Just 3.0 overall and math and science, and finish the pre-requisites on time would have been sufficient.

Do you guys think for MCPHS they are rejecting people by email and accepting people via mail?:eek:

I called today and they told me that letters go out in the middle of next week. I have not heard a peep from them all semester at all.

And it sucks how they don't even post the specific dates for finals until like 5 days before finals.

Finals start on THURSDAY MAY 8TH!!!!!! I need to have time to tell my boss if I can't work because it takes ages to find good coverage. My boss wouldn't be happy with me finding a n00b to cover my hours.

And yes, you can still get kicked out of LIU if you mess up the Spring semester. I just wish that LIU had stayed with the progression method, instead of making it so competitive. Just 3.0 overall and math and science, and finish the pre-requisites on time would have been sufficient.

I have the same issue. I just took "vacation hours" for my finals week so I don't have to deal with the hassle like last semester. It's a really annoying way to waste my vacation time, but that's what you get for going to LIU.

Do you guys think for MCPHS they are rejecting people by email and accepting people via mail?:eek:

I don't know, I am still waiting for MCPHS. what about you?

IS ANYBODY ANNOYED AS I AM. IT IS APRIL 30TH AND STILL NO NEWS FROM LIU. THEY TOLD US END OF APRIL AND STILL THEY LEAVE US HANGING. WHAT IS GOING ON. SUMMER SCHOOL STARTS SOON FOR SOME OF US, AND WE NEED TO REGISTER IF COURSES MISSING.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

IS ANYBODY ANNOYED AS I AM. IT IS APRIL 30TH AND STILL NO NEWS FROM LIU. THEY TOLD US END OF APRIL AND STILL THEY LEAVE US HANGING. WHAT IS GOING ON. SUMMER SCHOOL STARTS SOON FOR SOME OF US, AND WE NEED TO REGISTER IF COURSES MISSING.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know, so frustrating now

i still waiting too, it might be true what was said before that if your in LIU they expect u to go to LIU and not to go MCPHS 2nd year.

Me too. It's so annoying especially because you want to get in so badly, but you're also extremely angry at them. Very conflicting emotions. I went through my immense anger phase for the whole past week. Now I'm just tired.

Me too. It's so annoying especially because you want to get in so badly, but you're also extremely angry at them. Very conflicting emotions. I went through my immense anger phase for the whole past week. Now I'm just tired.

are you LIU prepharmacy student?

The pharmacy administration has no idea what it is doing. They didn't even decide to go with PharmCAS until October 2007, and their deadline was February 1st.

I mean, sure its plenty of time to get stuff together for LIU's deadline, but since you basically found out that the "progression checklist" was eliminated and that a 3.0/3.0 was no longer a guaranteed seat, you would have had to apply to other schools.

Fact of the matter is, a lot of schools had a deadline before LIU's deadline.

just got the acceptance letter from LIU.
Good luck everyone

when did you get the letter?
I got it today in the mail.

congratulations! What are your stats? Are you a LIU pre pharmacay student?
Thanks

I'm not a prepharm at LIU.
I dont know my stats exactly, but 4.0 for science and 3.9 or so for overall. and either a 84 or 86 for the PCAT.

I got my letter! But the problem is i'm doing rather poorly in physics and I'm afraid that they will take it away from me.

I got my letter! But the problem is i'm doing rather poorly in physics and I'm afraid that they will take it away from me.

are you LIU prepharmacy student? what is your stats

I also received the letter, I was put in the waitinglist. Is anyone know how many chance I can get into it?

yeah, I was put on the waiting list in LIU

I am not the the pre-pharmacy student from LIU, but I am living in Queens. my GPA 3.9, pCAT is pretty low, I don't even want to mention about it

I am not the the pre-pharmacy student from LIU, but I am living in Queens. my GPA 3.9, pCAT is pretty low, I don't even want to mention about it

don't worry you will get in. do you apply another school

I also apply St. John Fisher, they put me in the waiting list also, and LECOM Erie, they put me on the alternate list. It will be so funny, if none of them accept me. I feel so depressed recently, my friend told me I have hope, but I don't know if it will become true or not?