Anyone is still waiting for MCPHS(Boston) and LIU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
May 15th? is this for MCPHS boston?

Members don't see this ad.

what state are yall from? I am just curious if we are all out of state applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
mcphs is a private school. they don't care what state you are from.

But it seems like instate applicants are highly favored in their admission pool. thats what I was told by an instate applicant that interviewed over there. I am not certain or saying the information is plausible.

But it seems like instate applicants are highly favored in their admission pool. thats what I was told by an instate applicant that interviewed over there. I am not certain or saying the information is plausible.

You mean for Boston school. I don't know ,did you apply LIU

Yeah, the boston school. I just received an email from sara talking about the may 15 decision deadline.

Did boston reject anyone yet or did they give everyone the chance to stay in the 2nd year applicant pool?

i have friends that are student workers in the admission office at mcphs. they said that the number of in-state students that were accepted is actually lower than it has been in the past. don't know if it's true or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they just gave everyone a chance to remain in the pool thats all.

Pharmboston,
What did ur friends say that they are seeking in their applicants for acceptance? In other words, what stats are they interested in?

Pharmboston,
What did ur friends say that they are seeking in their applicants for acceptance? In other words, what stats are they interested in?

YEs, we want to know about that. so sick now

i don't know the exact stats. they don't usually like repeats and i think the minimum gpa was a 3. i couldn't get more details. maybe you should call them?

i don't know the exact stats. they don't usually like repeats and i think the minimum gpa was a 3. i couldn't get more details. maybe you should call them?

even call them, they are not helpful at all.

I received my rejection letter without interview from Boston almost 2 weeks ago. I heard they only have 25 spots for 3rd year and 60 spots for 2nd year.

Sorry to hear about that cinnamoroll12, rejection letter sucks and hurts. I hope you get in somewhere. Just know that all hope is never lost.

Sorry to hear about that cinnamoroll12, rejection letter sucks and hurts. I hope you get in somewhere. Just know that all hope is never lost.

It is so bad, You wait for long time and get rejected letter. I don't understand how they work those applications.

i heard the same thing about the number of seats. they only have two counselors for pharmd so that's probably y it takes so long.

i heard the same thing about the number of seats. they only have two counselors for pharmd so that's probably y it takes so long.
are you in Pharmacy major now? when you applied, did you get acceptance as 3rd year? tell me how 2nd year works

are you in Pharmacy major now? when you applied, did you get acceptance as 3rd year? tell me how 2nd year works

if you dont mind can you share your stats ?

anyone gets feedback from boston and LIU today

I am in the same situation as u guys, i am supposed to be graduating in the winter of 08'...didn't get feedback yet ...i was told the same thing that the letters will be sent out by may 15...just out of curiosity can u guys share ur stats?

I am in the same situation as u guys, i am supposed to be graduating in the winter of 08'...didn't get feedback yet ...i was told the same thing that the letters will be sent out by may 15...just out of curiosity can u guys share ur stats?

we really don't know how to do. Nobody get anything from schools today

how many of you will actually go into the 2nd year curriculum if accepted?

I won't go there, the tuition is ridiculous, and it's not like a guaranteed seat to the professional phase. if I have to reapply next year anyways, I 'll definitely stay in my current college.

I talked to a LIU Pharmacy Adviser, Stephanie Scott Marshall to be exact, she said that interviews are pretty much over. I don't see how they can be "pretty much" over. I hate it when they never give a straight answer, it's like a political debate, you ask a question about taxes and you get, we must defeat the terrorists and "God Bless America".

She told me if I come back in May, she can give much more direct answers and would know a lot more about the process. This leads me to believe that if you get a rejection letter, it is not over. I know that LIU is pretty notorious for kicking out people who were accepted in April because their Spring grade fell. Frankly, right now I am hoping that a lot of my friends don't make it in.

That's what this fierce competition does, it kills friendships in the Pre-Pharmacy phase. It promotes "cut-throat bitchiness", for those who have watched House MD this season.

I talked to a LIU Pharmacy Adviser, Stephanie Scott Marshall to be exact, she said that interviews are pretty much over. I don't see how they can be "pretty much" over. I hate it when they never give a straight answer, it's like a political debate, you ask a question about taxes and you get, we must defeat the terrorists and "God Bless America".

She told me if I come back in May, she can give much more direct answers and would know a lot more about the process. This leads me to believe that if you get a rejection letter, it is not over. I know that LIU is pretty notorious for kicking out people who were accepted in April because their Spring grade fell. Frankly, right now I am hoping that a lot of my friends don't make it in.

That's what this fierce competition does, it kills friendships in the Pre-Pharmacy phase. It promotes "cut-throat bitchiness", for those who have watched House MD this season.

so frustrating,right? they just don't give answer directly

they kick u out just because of one semester? I heard the third year is insane!!

they kick u out just because of one semester? I heard the third year is insane!!

Yep, a lot of the people who have 3.3-3.6 start slacking off in the Spring Semester or meet the disaster of Organic Chem II and Physics, those are the hardest courses according to the students here. I found Organic Chem I harder than Organic Chem II. The only reason my Organic Chem II grade was lower than my Organic Chem I grade was because the Organic Chem II professor did not curve at all.

Organic Chem I, I finished with 825 points and got an A because the professor added 300 points to everyone's grade. The average finishing score in this class was 450.

Organic Chem II, I finished with 849 points and got a B. The average was around 700. He didn't curve at all on the final grades.

So yeah, last year, anyone who slacked off during Spring Semester got kicked out of Pharmacy. Basically, sometime in August, the pharmacy school checked the transcripts and kicked out anyone who fell below the minimum requirements of 3.0 Overall (didn't happen much), and 3.0 M/S (happened a lot).

So, whoever came up to them during the Summer and showed their improved grades was granted admission.

Yep, a lot of the people who have 3.3-3.6 start slacking off in the Spring Semester or meet the disaster of Organic Chem II and Physics, those are the hardest courses according to the students here. I found Organic Chem I harder than Organic Chem II. The only reason my Organic Chem II grade was lower than my Organic Chem I grade was because the Organic Chem II professor did not curve at all.

Organic Chem I, I finished with 825 points and got an A because the professor added 300 points to everyone's grade. The average finishing score in this class was 450.

Organic Chem II, I finished with 849 points and got a B. The average was around 700. He didn't curve at all on the final grades.

So yeah, last year, anyone who slacked off during Spring Semester got kicked out of Pharmacy. Basically, sometime in August, the pharmacy school checked the transcripts and kicked out anyone who fell below the minimum requirements of 3.0 Overall (didn't happen much), and 3.0 M/S (happened a lot).

So, whoever came up to them during the Summer and showed their improved grades was granted admission.

A 300 point curve is way too much.

Hi guys, I don't mean to be discouraging but I was at one of the February interviews for MCPHS Boston. There were 6 people there. Since then I have talked to 2 of the people and I know how I did. One of the 6 got waitlisted and the other person and myself got rejected. I have a B.S. with a 3.8 GPA and 91 PCAT and the other person had a 4.0 and 96 PCAT. The one who got waitlisted I'm not sure about their stats. I am not sure what qualifications will get you in but they seem to be very high. (I was not invited to start in the 2nd year!)

A 300 point curve is way too much.

It was his first time teaching a class and he did have problems at time explaining the material so I guess he didn't want to hate him.

That class was in the summer as well. No one was going to get an A if there was no curve, but about 10 people would have gotten Fs. With his curve, all you needed to get an A was a 625/1000. The highest grade without the curve was 825(my grade), but if I had another professor, it would have meant a B-.

That class was in the summer as well. No one was going to get an A if there was no curve, but about 10 people would have gotten Fs. With his curve, all you needed to get an A was a 625/1000. The highest grade without the curve was 825(my grade), but if I had another professor, it would have meant a B-.

so do u suggest taking core classes in the summer or winter recess? i mean is it managable?

Core classes? Meaning history, literature?

Yeah, no problem taking those in the summer, it opens you up to take more sciences and have less pressure during the Fall or Spring.

History, English, Economics are not hard at all for summer classes.

LIU doesn't offer a winter session for undergraduates, I think all they do during the winter is undergraduate research.

This summer I have to take 1 class (Physics), and I'll probably do research for a month or so, as long as the professor can get me authorization for free parking at the faculty garage or gas compensation.

The latter part of the summer, I'll quit my job at CVS and get into a job at a hospital.

Core classes? Meaning history, literature?

Yeah, no problem taking those in the summer, it opens you up to take more sciences and have less pressure during the Fall or Spring.

History, English, Economics are not hard at all for summer classes.

LIU doesn't offer a winter session for undergraduates, I think all they do during the winter is undergraduate research.

This summer I have to take 1 class (Physics), and I'll probably do research for a month or so, as long as the professor can get me authorization for free parking at the faculty garage or gas compensation.

The latter part of the summer, I'll quit my job at CVS and get into a job at a hospital.

How to get a job in hospital in nyc?

You're kidding right? I would assume that you just walk into a hospital, wander to the HR department and ask them if they have openings?

By the way, do you know that LIU offers Pharmaceutical science program for undergraduate? Also, will you attend opening house on 27, April

You're kidding right? I would assume that you just walk into a hospital, wander to the HR department and ask them if they have openings?

A volunteer position or internship are possible, but I doubt they'd offer you a job.

A volunteer position or internship are possible, but I doubt they'd offer you a job.

Yes, but once you start volunteering, its pretty easy to get a paid job.

Pharmaceutical Science? Too late for that. I want to graduate by Spring 2009, I'm on track for a Biology in Spring 2009.

Open House? Doubt it, what's the point? I never went there before I started going to LIU, and I haven't gone there since starting. I'm probably going to sign up for a job as a Orientation Leader.

Yes, but once you start volunteering, its pretty easy to get a paid job.

Pharmaceutical Science? Too late for that. I want to graduate by Spring 2009, I'm on track for a Biology in Spring 2009.

Open House? Doubt it, what's the point? I never went there before I started going to LIU, and I haven't gone there since starting. I'm probably going to sign up for a job as a Orientation Leader.

Where are you getting this information from >.>

Where are you getting this information from >.>

About the job? Well, I went to the Stony Brook Medical Center website, nearly all of the positions I'm interested in(Burn Unit, ER) require that you already have a position at Stony Brook, and statistically, the only way that a person with no degree can get a position at a hospital is to volunteer or know an administrator at the hospital.

About the job? Well, I went to the Stony Brook Medical Center website, nearly all of the positions I'm interested in(Burn Unit, ER) require that you already have a position at Stony Brook, and statistically, the only way that a person with no degree can get a position at a hospital is to volunteer or know an administrator at the hospital.

do you get any news from LIU & MCPHS?

nobody gets back from LIU and MCPHS?

LIU are done with interviews i think. They said that we'll hear back from them by the end of April so should be this week or next.
I dunno about MCPHS