Anyone is still waiting for MCPHS(Boston) and LIU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you will have a seat in their 3rd year when the time comes

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I just received an e-mail from MCPHS Boston, saying that "all the third year seats and waiting list is full" :mad:and if I am interested to enter the second year of the program I must e-mail them back by next week! :(

Can anyone advice what I should do? I am still waiting for to hear from another university and I am confused as to whether getting into the second year and then reapplying again will guarantee me a spot in the third year of their program? Can someone help me please?

Help very much appreciated:oops:

Hey, I am in the same dilemma as you are. I got an email saying that I have to retake Organic Chem 1 , Organic Chem 2 , Physics and Microbiology. Anyone here knows, if they gurantee an admission in 3rd year if you finish the pre-reqs at their school. I am LOST !!

p.s. JH2 did you hear anything from them ??

Hey, I am in the same dilemma as you are. I got an email saying that I have to retake Organic Chem 1 , Organic Chem 2 , Physics and Microbiology. Anyone here knows, if they gurantee an admission in 3rd year if you finish the pre-reqs at their school. I am LOST !!

Thanks Pharmapp2008 for helping me out!

I am even in a further dilemma because starting Fall I'll be in my last year for BSc, if I am not accepted at the other university! Should I complete my final year or go to MCPHS as second year student and have a spot for myself the year after??

Help much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes, you will have to retake those classes. As long as your GPA is above the minimum GPA prior to entering P1 (first professional year, or third year), you will be guaranteed seat in the professional pharmacy class.

Yes, you will have to retake those classes. As long as your GPA is above the minimum GPA prior to entering P1 (first professional year, or third year), you will be guaranteed seat in the professional pharmacy class.

Thank-You !!!!!!!
Do you know if they conduct an interview for the 2nd year spot???

Thanks Pharmapp2008 for helping me out!

I am even in a further dilemma because starting Fall I'll be in my last year for BSc, if I am not accepted at the other university! Should I complete my final year or go to MCPHS as second year student and have a spot for myself the year after??

Help much appreciated!

I have same situation as your. I don't know what I suppose to do now.

I also get email today, but we are not in 2nd year yet. they just want to make sure that you want to remain your application.

I also get email today, but we are not in 2nd year yet. they just want to make sure that you want to remain your application.

Yup, thats what i meant.
I think they have 65 seats for 2nd year students, so there are some good chance.
I am really confused though, should I go to boston if I get in ? or do another year at Rutgers, get my bachelors in Biology and than apply to an accelerated program.
??????????

My suggestion would be to respond stating that you are still interested (assuming that you guys haven't been accepted as second years yet), and after you are accepted, you can further analyse the situation by weighing the risks and benefits of choosing each option. Sorry for my abrupt responses - I have a pharmacology exam Monday so I am unable to individualize my responses to each poster. However, I will be able to be more active on this board after my exams are done, and I can probably give more constructive responses then. However, I can only provide my perspective (I am currently a P2 at MCPHS Boston by the way) and the decision is ultimately up to you guys.
I will probably come back to this board this Tuesday, so for those that have any questions, please feel free to either continue to post here or leave me a PM.
Good luck everyone!

My suggestion would be to respond stating that you are still interested (assuming that you guys haven't been accepted as second years yet), and after you are accepted, you can further analyse the situation by weighing the risks and benefits of choosing each option. Sorry for my abrupt responses - I have a pharmacology exam Monday so I am unable to individualize my responses to each poster. However, I will be able to be more active on this board after my exams are done, and I can probably give more constructive responses then. However, I can only provide my perspective (I am currently a P2 at MCPHS Boston by the way) and the decision is ultimately up to you guys.
I will probably come back to this board this Tuesday, so for those that have any questions, please feel free to either continue to post here or leave me a PM.
Good luck everyone!

Thanks, good luck on your exam

Yup, thats what i meant.
I think they have 65 seats for 2nd year students, so there are some good chance.
I am really confused though, should I go to boston if I get in ? or do another year at Rutgers, get my bachelors in Biology and than apply to an accelerated program.

??????????

I am confused too.If I stay another year in my school, get my bachelors in Phar science . did you get accept from any school yet? or you also wait for LIU

I am confused too.If I stay another year in my school, get my bachelors in Phar science . did you get accept from any school yet? or you also wait for LIU

I didnt apply to LIU and I am NOT going to. The things that I am hearing from present LIU pre pharmacy students and student who graduated wid a Pharm D. degree, are not pleasant.
I had an interview at University of Charleston, WV, waiting for thier responce now.
Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I didnt apply to LIU and I am NOT going to. The things that I am hearing from present LIU pre pharmacy students and student who graduated wid a Pharm D. degree, are not pleasant.
I had an interview at University of Charleston, WV, waiting for thier responce now.
Good luck

Out of curiousity, what bad stuff about LIU have you been hearing? I would like to go there b/c I went there as an undergrad/grad and b/c I know NYC really well.

Thanks and Good Luck
:luck::luck::luck:

Crap, apparently the deadline for the drug testing/background check was April 4th (which is news for me). I need to get it done as soon as possible and hope that it doesnt affect my chances.

Crap, apparently the deadline for the drug testing/background check was April 4th (which is news for me). I need to get it done as soon as possible and hope that it doesnt affect my chances.

Yea someone told me about that in school recently. (I go to LIU, pre-pharm program)

Yea someone told me about that in school recently. (I go to LIU, pre-pharm program)

you guys all get accept? Is that more easier for instate student to get into LIU than OUtstate? anyone has any idea about that? When is the last day for LIU interview?

they won't sent out their acceptance letter until mid April, as far as I know, becaues I did my interview in the beginning of March at LIU, and soon after that I got accepted by another school,which comparing to LIU is kind of my second choice. the other school urged me to submitt an awaful lot of tuition deposit. So I called LIU admission office to ask if there was any way they could let me know their decision earlier, and they said no, the only thing I can do is wait.so I'm still waiting to hear back from them, so nervous, If I don't get in, probably I will wind up with nothing cause I didn't sent the tuition deposit for the other school.making decisions in a dilemma is way much harder than preparing PCAT. it is pure torture.I guess, that's part of the game though. so Let's just wait and pray, hopefully I can see you guys in LIU's class of 2012.

they won't sent out their acceptance letter until mid April, as far as I know, becaues I did my interview in the beginning of March at LIU, and soon after that I got accepted by another school,which comparing to LIU is kind of my second choice. the other school urged me to submitt an awaful lot of tuition deposit. So I called LIU admission office to ask if there was any way they could let me know their decision earlier, and they said no, the only thing I can do is wait.so I'm still waiting to hear back from them, so nervous, If I don't get in, probably I will wind up with nothing cause I didn't sent the tuition deposit for the other school.making decisions in a dilemma is way much harder than preparing PCAT. it is pure torture.I guess, that's part of the game though. so Let's just wait and pray, hopefully I can see you guys in LIU's class of 2012.

since I have submited my application, I did not hear any back from LIU. Not even a letter. I want to know when the last day for interview?

do you have higer GPA and PCAT

Okay, once again...INTERVIEWS IN LIU ARE OVER....

since I have submited my application, I did not hear any back from LIU. Not even a letter. I want to know when the last day for interview?
according to their interview sign-up website, the last weekday interview was conducted on this past Wednesday,April 2, the last weekend interview should be today around noon. but I don't know if they will still be interviewing people after that.

Out of curiousity, what bad stuff about LIU have you been hearing? I would like to go there b/c I went there as an undergrad/grad and b/c I know NYC really well.

Thanks and Good Luck
:luck::luck::luck:

I want to ask the same question!:)

I want to ask the same question!:)

well, i heard that their academic standards are really LOW !
Some of the complaints that i heard were,
-No office hours for professor, hard to get in contact with the prof.
-a vague grading system
- class hours( one of my friends' taking AnP right now and the class runs for 6 hours)
again, this are the things that i have HEARD from my friends.

well, i heard that their academic standards are really LOW !
Some of the complaints that i heard were,
-No office hours for professor, hard to get in contact with the prof.
-a vague grading system
- class hours( one of my friends' taking AnP right now and the class runs for 6 hours)
again, this are the things that i have HEARD from my friends.

That is very unfair; when I called them, they always told me that decision is not made. How can the interview data over?????????

thank you for sharing with us.
class hours( one of my friends' taking AnP right now and the class runs for 6 hours. this really sounds scary!
LIU's GPA requirement is really not that high once you get in the professional phase, less than 3.00(2.75 or something like that). but I figured the advantage to go there maybe is they have more connection with pharmacy retail stores, hospitals,etc, so the students there may have greater chance to find a good residency or job opptunity! and it's in NYC,:love: I'm in UB right now, the life over here is really boring

thank you for sharing with us.
class hours( one of my friends' taking AnP right now and the class runs for 6 hours. this really sounds scary!
LIU's GPA requirement is really not that high once you get in the professional phase, less than 3.00(2.75 or something like that). but I figured the advantage to go there maybe is they have more connection with pharmacy retail stores, hospitals,etc, so the students there may have greater chance to find a good residency or job opptunity! and it's in NYC,:love: I'm in UB right now, the life over here is really boring

Do you get into UB pharmacy program? By the way, how is your gpa and PCAT

That is very unfair; when I called them, they always told me that decision is not made. How can the interview data over?????????
you should try to contact them again, asking for a clear answer, or if you 've been waitlisted. I 've been waitlisted by UB, and they don't interview people on their waitlist until someone who got accepted declines their offer,I think LIU may do the same thing, anyway no harm to call and find out.
so don't give up so easily, I was still hoping UB could give me an interview some day, their regular seats have already been filled up, but who knows? Good Luck!:)

you should try to contact them again, asking for a clear answer, or if you 've been waitlisted. I 've been waitlisted by UB, and they don't interview people on their waitlist until someone who got accepted declines their offer,I think LIU may do the same thing, anyway no harm to call and find out.
so don't give up so easily, I was still hoping UB could give me an interview some day, their regular seats have already been filled up, but who knows? Good Luck!:)
For UB, Unless you have very higher GPA and PCAT, and have experience. What year at you in now?

Do you get into UB pharmacy program? By the way, how is your gpa and PCAT
I'm currently a pre-pharmacy student at UB, but not in their early insurance program.
UB is my top choice in spite of my complaits about the boring life here, for both academic excellence and low tuition reasons.
I'm thinking about forcing UB to accept me, but don't know how is this plan gonna work:D.
GPA 3.9, october PCAT 80, January 90(but I guess they didn't look at my January score), I'm still doing my prerequisites right now, organic 2 and phycis2 and two other humanity course.
I don't think academic is the only thing they concern about. because I have almost 0 pharmacy-related expericence and did little volunteer, so I did not have much to say about that in my interview, which was ~~~~:(
so don't feel dispointed even if you have a slightly lower GPA, I think those expericences could also make your application stands out, I wished I had studied less, and had gotten more invovled!:oops:

I'm currently a pre-pharmacy student at UB, but not in their early insurance program.
UB is my top choice in spite of my complaits about the boring life here, for both academic excellence and low tuition reasons.
I'm thinking about forcing UB to accept me, but don't know how is this plan gonna work:D.
GPA 3.9, october PCAT 80, January 90(but I guess they didn't look at my January score), I'm still doing my prerequisites right now, organic 2 and phycis2 and two other humanity course.
I don't think academic is the only thing they concern about. because I have almost 0 pharmacy-related expericence and did little volunteer, so I did not have much to say about that in my interview, which was ~~~~:(
so don't feel dispointed even if you have a slightly lower GPA, I think those expericences could also make your application stands out, I wished I had studied less, and had gotten more invovled!:oops:

oh, hope that you can get into UB. From what I know, if you speak proficiency english, it is not problem for you to get into pharmacy program. Not all higher GPA and PCAT for native americans, right now some terrible students are in UB pharmacy program. If you get into , you will find out that.

try to talk to the Dean

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for your advice, and good luck !

The thing I don't like about LIU is how they don't allow you to set your own schedule. I am not a morning person at all, LIU's Pharmacy classes start at 8AM, not a fan of that because it means that I will have to wake up at 5:30AM, get ready by 6:30AM, and catch one of the early trains to Brooklyn. I prefer starting classes around 11AM. More seats on the train and off-peak, so I can pull out the laptop and my books and take up like 4 seats on the train.

This wouldn't be a problem if the Pharmacy program was at the CW Post Campus, driving is much faster than the train, and much more convenient.

The Pre-Pharmacy students who dorm at LIU have a high rate of acceptance and better grades compared to the commuters. I'm guessing this is because since they dorm, they can stay in the library until closing time, meet with professors more often. If I want to be home by 8PM, I usually have to leave school around 6PM.

The thing I don't like about LIU is how they don't allow you to set your own schedule. I am not a morning person at all, LIU's Pharmacy classes start at 8AM, not a fan of that because it means that I will have to wake up at 5:30AM, get ready by 6:30AM, and catch one of the early trains to Brooklyn. I prefer starting classes around 11AM. More seats on the train and off-peak, so I can pull out the laptop and my books and take up like 4 seats on the train.

This wouldn't be a problem if the Pharmacy program was at the CW Post Campus, driving is much faster than the train, and much more convenient.

The Pre-Pharmacy students who dorm at LIU have a high rate of acceptance and better grades compared to the commuters. I'm guessing this is because since they dorm, they can stay in the library until closing time, meet with professors more often. If I want to be home by 8PM, I usually have to leave school around 6PM.

do you hear anything from liu?

Nope, I am just going to turn on the afterburners for the rest of this semester, and if I get rejected, I can work on the appeal over the summer. I still have a Physics class to take this summer, either for Jefferson, or for a B.S. in Biology that I would get next year.

Nope, I am just going to turn on the afterburners for the rest of this semester, and if I get rejected, I can work on the appeal over the summer. I still have a Physics class to take this summer, either for Jefferson, or for a B.S. in Biology that I would get next year.

oh, go ask admission office tomorrow since you are in liu

I have been annoying them like hell for the last 3 weeks about it and I get the same answers every day, I have to find a way to speak to the Dean to get some straight answers.

I sent an e-mail to Martin Brown, but apparently he is no longer in charge of that part of the job, so I have to contact Lorraine Cicero instead.

I have been annoying them like hell for the last 3 weeks about it and I get the same answers every day, I have to find a way to speak to the Dean to get some straight answers.

I sent an e-mail to Martin Brown, but apparently he is no longer in charge of that part of the job, so I have to contact Lorraine Cicero instead.

did you get back from them? by the way, I heard that april 5 is last day for interview. is it true?

Probably their last "official" interview date, I think more are going to be planned.

go to pharmacy department to ask tomorrow, then share with us. I am so worried now

While it is true that it is more convenient for students who dorm, it is a little misleading to say that students who commute have it more difficult. No one is going to hold your hands.

Nope, because they've been telling me the same thing for the last 3 weeks. I'm gonna be communicating by e-mail, if they want to talk to me, then I'll get dressed up and go, but there is no way that I am going to be wearing a shirt/tie/slacks every day.

Please, don't say about when you become a pharmacist, what will you wear? I am going to wear a shirt, jeans, and a lab coat. Or scrubs, SCRUBS ROCK!

Nope, because they've been telling me the same thing for the last 3 weeks. I'm gonna be communicating by e-mail, if they want to talk to me, then I'll get dressed up and go, but there is no way that I am going to be wearing a shirt/tie/slacks every day.

Please, don't say about when you become a pharmacist, what will you wear? I am going to wear a shirt, jeans, and a lab coat. Or scrubs, SCRUBS ROCK!

let me know what's going on

I call them in pharmacy department they told me that all invitation letters are sent out. If you did not receive one last week, you are not called for interview. Don't know what they are doing, let me know what 's going on

I call them in pharmacy department they told me that all invitation letters are sent out. If you did not receive one last week, you are not called for interview. Don't know what they are doing, let me know what 's going on

Not a good news I guess, well you are still in race for MCPHS-boston !

I called them today and they said decisions would be made by may 15th.

Oh,my god. they don't even know what they are doing now. different person tells different things, whom should we listen to ? By the way, you did not hear back from them either