Anyone heard from UCSF yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed Feb. 8. in the morning. So far, it seems like I'm the first from that day who has heard.

Members don't see this ad.

Sweet, congrats! For all of those who are getting letters right now, join our facebook group, it's pretty awesome to put faces to SDN names :)

WOW many congratulations to you Opa, YAY!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm...I don't know many 1st year students (unless you are in the dental school which is obviously unlikely!)....mainly P3s....perhaps you have me confused with someone else?

Whoops.....my bad! Thought you were someone else.....someone else who's very sneaky!

looks like we're getting a 1-2 acceptances per day. when are the bulk of the letters going out??????

anyone today???

looks like we're getting a 1-2 acceptances per day. when are the bulk of the letters going out??????

anyone today???

again NOT everyone knows about SDN. it could be 10-20 per time and the rest of us is screwed

again NOT everyone knows about SDN. it could be 10-20 per time and the rest of us is screwed

yea i know... but what do you think the percentage of people that are ON SDN and do not post at all... and the percentage of people that are NOT on SDN?

if it is 10-20 per time then i'm going to be like justin t. and cry me a river =(

I interviewed Feb. 8. in the morning. So far, it seems like I'm the first from that day who has heard.

congrats, opa.
We are hearing more and more acceptance this week.
Do they say anything about stats so far in the letter?
Like how many seats filled and how many remaining?
I'm just curious b/c some schools did....
waiting is so tiring :scared:

I have one month to accept the offer so they must be in the process of finalizing the class since any declines at this point they would expect to happen after the April 1 deadline they have indicated is their date to let everyone know. If it helps, about 25 people publicly announced on SDN they were going to interview and only about 7 of them have indicated they have been accepted omitting those like me who were too chicken to broadcast the good news that they got an interview. (I admit I got a bit obsessive there last weekend.) Assuming that it is a representative sample (and I think that's a good assumption, in fact I would think that SDN members have an edge), that means that about 2/3 of the class has been notified.

Congratulations opa!! I am so excited for you!

I have one month to accept the offer so they must be in the process of finalizing the class since any declines at this point they would expect to happen after the April 1 deadline they have indicated is their date to let everyone know.

That's weird, I had only 14 days to accept AND get them the deposit/statement of residence...I wonder why there is a difference?

Congrats to the newly accepted :) Can't wait to meet you in the fall!

That's weird, I had only 14 days to accept AND get them the deposit/statement of residence...I wonder why there is a difference?

That's weird Zwigglez! My letter was dated 2/26 and they gave me until 4/6! Hmm so that's over a month... I am thinking it's all random! :rolleyes:

Good to see more people getting in!! My letter said I had to respond within 14 days as well. It took me about 10 minutes to accept though, so I guess it didn't really matter. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
my letter also said I have one month to reply.

I would love to go there, but I don't know how I'm going to afford it. My parents can't help me and the scholarships available are limited to those already in the PharmD program

I would love to go there, but I don't know how I'm going to afford it. My parents can't help me and the scholarships available are limited to those already in the PharmD program

but wouldn't your financial situation be the same at UCSF or anywhere else? so why not spend that money on the best pharmacy school in the nation? :p Are you a california resident, if so, UCSF will be the cheapest school to go to. Also i heard that after your 1st year, there will be more scholarships available if you search for them.

Loans!! How do you think I am planning on paying for it? ;)

I was also given until April 6th. I'm confused about BoltsFan getting only 14 days, because I remember him saying he'd applied to UCSD. I believe this is the time frame you're given if you have applied to both UCSD and UCSF since they release their admission offers lists to each other. The letter tells you that it should give you sufficient time to make an educated decision between the 2 schools (not to mention giving you a chance to hear from both schools before making the decision. I seem to be in the minority group for having both UCSD and UCSF's letters dated on the same date. I also received them one day apart, but it seems like Jindopowa and/or futuredruggist heard from UCSD at least a week before hearing from UCSF). Anyway, I THINK that might be the deal.

I was given 14 days and did not apply to UCSD...

Anyways, it doesn't matter because it took me about 5 seconds to log on and press 'accept'! :)

I know UCSD and UCSF agreed on a common date for accepting (April 6). Those with the 14 day deadline probably did not apply to UCSD. So basically I agree with the other poster.

Some relatively good news for those who still haven't heard anything from UCSF. My friend finally broke down from the wait and called admissions today, and they told her that they were still "processing", and are still considering applicants. She said people will continue to be notified through the end of March, and possibly early April. So for anyone who thought it was getting hopeless, rest assured you're still in the running. :)

should we believe them? but wow, i hope your friend is alright. hope she holds up well. my family and friends have just told me "it is what it is." hope she does get in though. i feel for her.

Some relatively good news for those who still haven't heard anything from UCSF. My friend finally broke down from the wait and called admissions today, and they told her that they were still "processing", and are still considering applicants. She said people will continue to be notified through the end of March, and possibly early April. So for anyone who thought it was getting hopeless, rest assured you're still in the running. :)
Thanks for the reassurance. I think that's probably true because that's what the admissions people said when I was up there for my interview. So the rest of us just have to sit tight...! It'll all be over come April.

Whoops.....my bad! Thought you were someone else.....someone else who's very sneaky!

Nathan!!! What are you doing here hmmmmmmmm??? I'd recognize that Homer anywhere. Haha. I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who's heard so far. For those who haven't heard yet, I didn't have great grades and thought I bombed my interview but I still got in so keep the hope alive!!!

Good luck everyone. I'm not sure if I met some of you at the interviews (I did two chat rooms and a school tour) but I hope to see you all in the fall.

Thom

So my mom screams at me while I'm changing and I thought it was because she found my cat (my cat ran away a couple of days ago...). Then she said I got a UCSF letter!!!!! I GOT IN!!!!! :D :D :D Letter dated March 6th, mailed on the 7th.

So my mom screams at me while I'm changing and I thought it was because she found my cat (my cat ran away a couple of days ago...). Then she said I got a UCSF letter!!!!! I GOT IN!!!!! :D :D :D Letter dated March 6th, mailed on the 7th.

OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

After I read your post I ran down to the mailbox...... nothing yet.

GOOD JOB senzabee!!!

Yay! Congratulatons, senzabee!!

My rejection letter:laugh: , It was a fun ride while it lasted. I interviewed on the 3rd.

Congrats to a fellow Trojan!!! I am so excited for you!!!

P.S. I am sorry about your cat :(

My rejection letter:laugh: , It was a fun ride while it lasted. I interviewed on the 3rd.

guess people who haven't heard yet like me are gonna get the rejections soon. i think they send them last. when was it dated for urs?

and what are ur stats?

thanks

So when did u interview?

guess people who haven't heard yet like me are gonna get the rejections soon. i think they send them last. when was it dated for urs?

and what are ur stats?

thanks

My letter was dated the 9th. I had lower stats with good experience and higher education degrees. I felt I needed a good interview, unfortunately I interviewed at the end of the and by the time I got there I knew this was not the school for me, I just couldn't hide it in the interview. I'm sure your interview went well and your good news will come soon. :thumbup:

My letter was dated the 9th. I had lower stats with good experience and higher education degrees. I felt I needed a good interview, unfortunately I interviewed at the end of the and by the time I got there I knew this was not the school for me, I just couldn't hide it in the interview. I'm sure your interview went well and your good news will come soon. :thumbup:

so whats ur #1 school kernal? i thought higher degrees would really help u.

so whats ur #1 school kernal? i thought higher degrees would really help u.

I do think they help you on paper and to get to an interview. Last week, I chose the University of Tenn just over the U of Maryland. At Tenn interview, I felt the students and faculty, including the Dean, made an all out effort to ensure I would be comfortable there. The day was more personable and the faculty was enthusiastic and approachable at lunch. At UCSF the only faculty that greeted me was when she plucked me out of the lot for an interview. It's a UC school and for someone who went to Chico State, it just wasn't for me. In the end, the decision came down to the feeling I had based on the interview day and the compounding and nuclear pharmacy facilities that Tenn has and UCSF doesn't. After interviewing at those 2 schools, I couldn't answer the question "why UCSF" and I think it showed.

Oh, by the way, my pharmacist almost fired me last week when I told her I chose Tenn before hearing from UCSF. She was a UCSF grad, I thought I was done for sure:laugh:

The day was more personable and the faculty was enthusiastic and approachable at lunch. At UCSF the only faculty that greeted me was when she plucked me out of the lot for an interview.

If I remember correctly, you also interviewed on February 3rd right? I had the exact same experience where I felt it was a little impersonal that day. But I realized that I think it's because we had our interivew on the only Saturday they had. I'm not sure about how large the other interview sessions were, but it looked like there were at least 60 people for the afternoon session, not including the morning people. I doubt the other weekday interviews were that large. I keep hearing people who interviewed on other days saying, "Oh I remember talking to you at my interview!" and I can honestly say that I would probably recognize 1-2 people, if anything, because there were so many applicants there.

But I'm glad you got into a good pharmacy school that's more suited to what you want :)

I am surprised to hear that the Feb. 3rd interview was so impersonal! I think you are right to assume that your interview was so because it was on a Saturday Senzabee! I interviewed on Fri., Jan. 26th and I feel the UCSF interview was my most personalized and intimate one. The faculty interacted with the students and those at the sign in desk ensured our well being throughout the whole process. Many of the p1s even stopped by on their own time to give us pointers, share their experiences, and even discuss commonly asked questions! I was really taken back and impressed by their assistance. In fact, I think that it was the student's enthusiasm, faculty's involvement, and the sense of unity that made me fall in love with UCSF!

I think you are right. I interviewed on Feb 3rd and really think that I should be getting a rejection letter soon :( I just wish they would get back to me already. The wait is killing me.

I also interviewed on the 3rd of Feb, but I thought everyone was really nice. The students giving the tour of the school, weren't enthusiastic at all though. I guess i lucked out with friendly interviewers. I will just have to wait and see if it worked out for me.

I got a weird vibe from UCSF. Although everyone there seemed like they were very professional and enthusiastic about the program, they didn't look happy. Maybe they just didn't want to be there on a saturday, or maybe it's just me.

usually it's just me. :D

Everyone was nice and all, but it didn't seem personal like they wanted me to be there (as how I felt at other interviews). I felt like just a number amongst all the students since there were so many people there. My interviewers were friendly, but the interview definitely wasn't very conversational as my other ones were. It was probably just a little more professional than my other interviews, in both good and bad ways. I think I just felt more relaxed at my other interviews. The people, including the school people, were more relaxed...but again, I'm thinking maybe everyone was just so nervous since it is for UCSF? :p

I think you are right. I interviewed on Feb 3rd and really think that I should be getting a rejection letter soon :( I just wish they would get back to me already. The wait is killing me.
I know how you feel redrose...my heart was pounding so hard when I went to get the mail today. I just want it to be over with.

If I remember correctly, you also interviewed on February 3rd right? I had the exact same experience where I felt it was a little impersonal that day. But I realized that I think it's because we had our interivew on the only Saturday they had.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. However, the students who spoke with us in the prerequisitve check room really eased my mind. Congratulations again, senzabee :)

Hey Opa, I interviewed the morning of Feb. 8 as well. I received my letter dated March 6 on March 7. Maybe you and I met during the whole interview process! :)

All that waiting and stressing out has finally paid off! I got my acceptance letter today! The letter was dated 3/5 so maybe they are sending out another wave of letters?

Hey Sillyfruits,

Just wondering if you interviewed at UCSD on the 10th of Feb? I'm just wondering if you're the one I met at UCSD.

I don't know if I talked with you. I only talked to maybe a quarter of the group and I skipped the tour since it was raining. I was the statistical anomaly in that group - 25 women, 2 men. I was the older guy with curly hair.

I don't know if I talked with you. I only talked to maybe a quarter of the group and I skipped the tour since it was raining. I was the statistical anomaly in that group - 25 women, 2 men. I was the older guy with curly hair.

I do remember you. I sat next to you in the waiting room before they took us to the building across the street for the orientation part. I remember you asking if you'll be the only guy interviewing that day. :) I'll see you in September.