Anyone heard from UCSF yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats Chibipinkbunny! Looking forward to meeting you in the Fall :)

Members don't see this ad.

just got an acceptance letter today... also dated March 1st. =) See you guys in the fall if i decide to go there! =P

I know their selection process is "random", but I was wondering if any out-of-staters got letters yet. Yes I do know they say they have no preference, but being a public school I'm thinking they may have to limit the number at least a little.

Oh well, just gotta wait, it sucks that mail takes longer to get outside of California, but it's good to know when to expect it because I hear you CA people get letters :) Congrats so far everyone :D

Members don't see this ad :)
For all the people who got an acceptance today, where do you live? Congrats to everyone!! :)

i live in Los Angeles. =)

Actually, the novelty of UCSD does the opposite for me. Since UCSD is still editing its program, I feel that I have more impact on the future of pharmacy at UCSD. UCSF is already so established, it would be hard to contribute my input into its pharmacy program.

The whole taking classes with med school kids has its perks, also. There is no doubt the education of pharmacy students is more geared towards pharmacy than the education of the med students. Only their General Education is congruent. I like how taking classes jointly with the Med kids builds relationships between future pharmacists and future doctors, because in the real world they often seem so disparate when in fact they're not.

But I do agree that UCSF will remain the top pharmacy school for a long time to come, and that UCSF is more specialized than UCSD.

I'm playing a little Devil's Advocate here.. =) But really, it's something to think about for those of you having a tough time deciding.

So Jindopowa, I see you put UCSF in italics on the roll call list. That means you chose UCSD. So you weren't just playing devil's advocate, you really prefer the UCSD program. It's a tough decision for me but I will probably do the opposite and go to UCSF.

I saw there's a few other folks accepted at both UCSF and UCSD so far on the roll call list. Which school are you guys leaning toward?

delete

Last edited:
Just a small ponderance, would anyone know if people with mediocre grades and who had a fairly good to good interview have been admitted to UCSF? Or do those candidates usually fall into the waitlisted category? I realize that UCSF has accepted candidates with below a 3.0 GPA (accrdng to their website), and I wonder how strong their other aspects were to have sort of compensated for other weaker areas? Any feedback to at least calm my curiosity would be appreciated. :)

Oh my. I can't believe I got accepted! I thought my interview was horrible, but I guess they still wanted lil ol' me. my letter was also dated march 1st; interviewed Feb 3rd. It's going to be very difficult choosing among 3 good schools.

oh yeah, I'm an out-of-state applicant

Hey guys!

Has anyone from January Interviews received any information? It seems that ppl who interviewed in Feb are getting letters....

Please let me know

:oops:

Hey guys!

Has anyone from January Interviews received any information? It seems that ppl who interviewed in Feb are getting letters....

Please let me know

:oops:

I know Saran21 and I both interviewed on January 26th.

Oh my. I can't believe I got accepted! I thought my interview was horrible, but I guess they still wanted lil ol' me. my letter was also dated march 1st; interviewed Feb 3rd. It's going to be very difficult choosing among 3 good schools.

oh yeah, I'm an out-of-state applicant
Congrat! akaykay:) Do you mind tell us your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations!! What a great position to be in.

I also interviewed on Jan. 26th, but I still haven't heard. :oops: My family, mentors and friends are all keeping their fingers crossed for me :) I had a nice time on the interview day and I hope it won't be my last time in San Fran. So I hope for the best.

A Big Congrats to all who have been accepted!!

I also interviewed on Jan. 26th, but I still haven't heard. :oops: My family, mentors and friends are all keeping their fingers crossed for me :) I had a nice time on the interview day and I hope it won't be my last time in San Fran. So I hope for the best.

A Big Congrats to all who have been accepted!!

It's nice to know there are still a lot of people waiting to hear from UCSF...I was getting a little worried after that string of acceptances over the weekend. But congratulations to everyone who's made it so far, and good luck to the rest of us!:)

The mailman fears me. He is afraid I'm going to tackle him to get the mail one second earlier. Just commenting so that others will have something to read as they obsessively refresh.

I found out that the UCSF adcom hasn't met to make the final decisions yet and that only those who scored above a certain threshold received early admit letters. So it could be a few more days before letters go out in bulk.

wao, thats interesting to know. how did you find out?

And how do you know is going to be a few more days?

I found out that the UCSF adcom hasn't met to make the final decisions yet and that only those who scored above a certain threshold received early admit letters. So it could be a few more days before letters go out in bulk.

Wow. I thought they specifically said they don't "score" applicants past the interview level -- that they they just look at all the applicant's info and make a decision, without assigning a numerical value to each part (like they do at USC, for instance). Was any one else under that impression?

...or maybe early admission is based on GPA's? (Everyone who got in already seems to have really high GPA's)

Anyway, thanks for the info!

I talked to someone in OSACA about something else and it came up. That's just my guess as to how long it will take at a minimum, since I don't know when the adcom meets.

I don't know the details of their methodology, it is pretty mysterious to me. But the term the person used was "score".

Man, so here comes another week of waiting...at least now I know not to expect mail :)

To that gpa comment, it does seem like the people who got letters have high GPAs. I bet you that that's what gave them a higher "score" than the rest of us. High GPA/good interview people are shoe in's, and the committee will meet to talk about us average-low GPA/good-average interview candidates :) haha. I sure hope they're all having a good day when they look at my file :p

Man, so here comes another week of waiting...at least now I know not to expect mail :)

To that gpa comment, it does seem like the people who got letters have high GPAs. I bet you that that's what gave them a higher "score" than the rest of us. High GPA/good interview people are shoe in's, and the committee will meet to talk about us average-low GPA/good-average interview candidates :) haha. I sure hope they're all having a good day when they look at my file :p

i don't think it's all GPA. i think i have a high GPA and didn't get any letters. i think GPA is a huge part, but the rest of their application and their interviews played a huge part.

alot of them seems to have extensive ECs.

According to their website, the average GPAs of their successful applicants are not ridiculously high (3.53 cumulative, 3.43 pre-pharm)...just somthing to think about. :luck:

Oh I'm sure they all didn't get in just because of their GPA. But I'm sure that helped, along with the rest of their resume of activities. I bet only a fraction of the spaces, 1/5th maybe, are filled so there should be plenty of room for the rest of us :).

Oh I'm sure they all didn't get in just because of their GPA. But I'm sure that helped, along with the rest of their resume of activities. I bet only a fraction of the spaces, 1/5th maybe, are filled so there should be plenty of room for the rest of us :).

I hope you're right senzabee.

I do think that GPA plays a huge role! But, I think UCSF looks for "well rounded" candidates! I don't think they're necessarily going to accept someone with a 3.9 without ECs. I think they like lots of ECs and a variety of them (more than just pharmacy/research experience)... they want someone who is involved with the community and who demonstrates leaderships qualities?!?

Just a thought...

futuredruggist seems right...admission officer said they would send notice letters from the beginning of March in a few cases, then most of notices will be sent in the middle of March. By April 1, we will have notice anyhow either accepted or not, he said. Seems they sent to those people with high "score" first, then will send bulk w/in a couple of weeks. Anyhow, congrats to those in already..and good luck for the rest of us!

I personally don't think I was an "excellent" candidate compared to some of the students I met there. Overall, though, I had lots of outside work and activities that probably boosted my application. I think they don't weigh heavily on interviews because my interview sucked :thumbdown:

^ yea seems like people who have gotten in so far seems to have ECs that extend beyond pharm experience or research.

congrats to all. hey akaykay, u might not think u did too well on your interviews but in their eyes, u probably did. :smuggrin:

Well, there's no turning back now. I emailed my declination to UCSD (paper copy's in the mail) and I accepted UCSF's offer online 10 minutes ago. I'm slightly nauseous but it's going to be okay. I will see you guys in the fall :)

Well, there's no turning back now. I emailed my declination to UCSD (paper copy's in the mail) and I accepted UCSF's offer online 10 minutes ago. I'm slightly nauseous but it's going to be okay. I will see you guys in the fall :)

awwwww... you shoulda picked SD =)

u couldn't go wrong either way. you're in a great position.

All that waiting and stressing out has finally paid off! I got my acceptance letter today! The letter was dated 3/5 so maybe they are sending out another wave of letters?

All that waiting and stressing out has finally paid off! I got my acceptance letter today! The letter was dated 3/5 so maybe they are sending out another wave of letters?

where are u from?

i live in walnut creek, so it just had to jump across the pond.

sorry about that! it's about 25 miles away (east bay)

congrats!!! :) :) :)

And so begins another round of the waiting game for the rest of us :)

Congrats Sillyfruit!!

Hey I interviewed on the 15th too; I interviewed in the afternoon. Did you interview afternoon or morning? Ha, ha, never mind I guess I didn't read the previous post :p Congrats on getting in, see ya in the fall!

Can you tell us your stats sillyfruits?

Hmm...I don't know many 1st year students (unless you are in the dental school which is obviously unlikely!)....mainly P3s....perhaps you have me confused with someone else?

I know you, don't I? ;) :D

I got my letter yesterday. It was dated March 6 and got to me quickly since I live in the area. What a relief it was to see that envelope. Thanks to whoever posted that it would just be one page.